Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forum > Political Discussion > Politics - Political Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

The Real News - We are not getting it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2017 at 8:46pm

Elizabeth Warren Joins Kamala Harris in Co-Sponsoring Bernie's Landmark 'Medicare-for-All' Bill

http://www.alternet.org/activism/elizabeth-warren-joins-kamala-harris-co-sponsoring-bernies-landmark-medicare-all-bill

However, Sanders is reportedly working with the same economists who drafted a revenue measure for the California Nurses Association’s single payer legislation, which proposed funding the gap between what all government healthcare programs now spend and paying for universal coverage through two tax increases. They are: a 2.3 percent gross receipt taxes on businesses (after the first $2 million in earnings and exempting small businesses); and a 2.3 percent increase in the sales tax, with exemptions for basic necessities such as food, housing, utilities, and other services.

would you pay an extra 2.3% in sales tax for universal health care ?

I sure as hell would

“The point of modern propaganda isn’t only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.” Gary Kasparov
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2017 at 6:35am
I would not swap our national health for the top grade private insurance, even if I won El Gordo.  Carbon has it right; you end up falling back on the state when things get nasty.  Better to fund good state healthcare in the first place, fund it well and cut out the money-making, system-milking middle-men.  

We may not get private rooms, TV, gourmet meals and flashy designer decor, smart uniforms or even staff who call me Madam.  We may spend all day in the hospital waiting room occasionally.  But, our life expectancy beats that of the US = HANDS DOWN!  Our/Australia's way is far better.  What more proof could you want?  Or does the TV mean more than the people?
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2017 at 6:52am
Ps.,  Over the course of my life, which is fairly average, I have paid an average of only about $1,000 a year for this.  I am retired now, so by the time I finally die it will work out at only about $5/600.

Having been a millionaire (twice) hubby has paid 10 times that at his peak.  That still works out as less than most US insurance.  Where do you think the rest of your money goes?  THE POCKETS OF THE HEALTHCARE INSURERS/PROVIDERS and MIDDLE-MEN of course!

You are complicit in the con you are all suffering from.
Medclinician View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2017 at 7:39am
Originally posted by Satori Satori wrote:

Devin Nunes Is Desperate Threatening DOJ FBI But CIA Officer's New Doc Is Inflammatory

Subsequent reports provide additional detail about the conspiracy, which includes information about cyber-attacks against the U.S.  They allege that Paul Manafort managed the conspiracy to exploit political information on Hillary Clinton in return for information on Russian oligarchs outside Russia, and an agreement to “sideline” Ukraine as a campaign issue.  Trump campaign operative Carter Page is also said to have played a role in shuttling information to Moscow, while Trump’s personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, reportedly took over efforts after Manafort left the campaign, personally providing cash payments for Russian hackers. [...]

This is old news and they have been going on about since March. No matter what his campaign manager did or do not do, that does not prove Trump had knowledge of it or was working with the Russians.

Satori - I do not consider you a valid poster because you have no info on your profile as to your origin. You are posting anonymously and that really put a hole in you credibility.

I have sent you a personal note asking you to tell me your country of origin which you ignore.
Perhaps I am missing something here. Obviously your view are representative of who you work for or where you are from.

Medclinician

"not if but when" the original Medclinician
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2017 at 10:26am
oh this is a big surprise
NOT!!!

I knew if that toady Kobach was involved it was a big nothing burger

Kris Kobach alleges voter fraud in New Hampshire, because he can't read.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/9/8/1697038/-Kris-Kobach-alleges-voter-fraud-in-New-Hampshire-because-he-can-t-read

and MED

no big conspiracy theories involving me  LMAOLOL at that one !!!
I'm a citizen of the United States and a VERY well informed one at that
NO ONE pays me to post anything
I wish they did
I could retire early

my posts are ALL from well known web sites both conservative and liberal
which ANYONE here can read for themselves
BUT
-if anyone out there wants to start paying me to post on the Web
call me at phone # 867-5309LOL
“The point of modern propaganda isn’t only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.” Gary Kasparov
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2017 at 10:48am
ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Sorry Satori, I'm too broke.LOL
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2017 at 1:15pm
gosh darn  it Tech
I was hoping at least one person would step up !
and I just put a couple of cans of pork and beans on layaway
guess I'm gonna have to cancel
no way I can pay them off now Cry

and in other news
the Republicans in my state completed yet another investigation looking for all this "massive" voter fraud that little Donnie Trump keeps talking about
the results ???

a)big fat nothing burger
b) a stale rice cake
c) a big glass of tepid distilled water
d) all of the above

oh well maybe they will have some luck in the other 49 states ?LOL
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2017 at 10:50am
ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapBack to reality.

Sometimes I feel I can make a difference. So while you are all applauding each other - today - CNN put out

The Real News

way to go CNN!

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/05/opinions/trump-harvey-response-was-perfect-opinion-stanley/index.html

Hurricane Harvey was a revelatory moment in the early presidency of Donald J. Trump. We got a glimpse of Trump without the cultural politics: Trump as he could be. As Hurricane Irma approaches, Congress returns and North Korea shakes its nuclear fist -- this is the Trump the world needs. Competent and disciplined.

comment: It is to put all this bickering behind and focus on what is important and what is needed by America. Trump is our president and has handled Hurricane Harvey well.

Even Washington Post had this to say -

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/house-set-to-vote-today-on-harvey-aid-package-that-would-also-raise-debt-ceiling/2017/09/08/728ddce8-9494-11e7-8754-d478688d23b4_story.html?utm_term=.197cf9c2d64b

President Trump signed a bill Friday to deliver $15 billion in disaster aid and also extend government funding and the federal borrowing limit until Dec. 8, despite objections of Republican lawmakers who booed two top White House officials earlier in the day over the deal Trump struck with Democrats.

The measure passed a morning House vote 316 to 90; every member opposed was a Republican.

There are two parties and Trump went to the Democrats so they could not only pass help for the storm but also get enough money in so the government will stay open past the end of the months.

We need to focus on what is important versus what is not. I was amazed today to go through FoxNews and not see a single Trump hater story - not even CNN. They removed the story from one actress who said the storm coming "Irma" was a curse from God because Trump one.

It is time for the real news - and even more so - for us in America - most of us love our country and want to see things get better. We want the economy to improved, know we are protected against nuclear missiles launches and feel our leader is a tough negotiator and after all - beyond what is heart felt - America is a business - and it is time we got back on track.

People are getting bored with all the Trump haters. That is what is getting old fast and people outside of America who have chuckled as we stumbled and nearly lost our place as the greatest country in the world.

It will be good to see us in charge and leading the pack once more - as we deserve to be. God Bless America!

Clap

Medclinician

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2017 at 11:19am
I will change my opinion on Trump when:
He makes policies to help the little guy - instead of the oligarchs
Stops being a climate change denier - whilst his country is battered to oblivion by repeated hurricanes from an extra warm sea
manages to present a unified approach to NK
Stops blaming other nationalities for his country's problems
Treats any woman who is not a blood relative like a human being
Tells the truth
Uses a whole - gramatically correct - sentence.

I would be delighted to see 4/8 of the above 
As for applause?  When I appreciate a post by someone else, not myself.
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2017 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

I will change my opinion on Trump when:
He makes policies to help the little guy - instead of the oligarchs
Stops being a climate change denier - whilst his country is battered to oblivion by repeated hurricanes from an extra warm sea
manages to present a unified approach to NK
Stops blaming other nationalities for his country's problems
Treats any woman who is not a blood relative like a human being
Tells the truth

I would be delighted to see 4/8 of the above 
As for applause?  When I appreciate a post by someone else, not myself.

I have got many over the last ten years. I think lately - is the only time in all that time I have ever posted one in confidence.

In life, being liked, being approved is not always equal to being a good, compassionate person, or even successful.

But above all honesty. 

and can spell.
should be grammatically - that counts as well.

Medclinician

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2017 at 2:59pm
Oops!  I stand corrected.  Dyslexia rules KO   I am officially dyslexic, diagnosed in school.  I learned most spellings by rote, but I can't proof-read to save my life. 
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2017 at 1:49pm
The latest on "fake news"  I just found a story about a Macedonian who spends each night posting fake pro-Trump news online for money.

He takes on a different persona at night, prowling the internet as "Jesica," an American who frequently posts pro-Trump memes on Facebook.
The stories are political — and often wrong on the facts. But that doesn't concern Mikhail."I don't care, because the people are reading," he said. "At 22, I was earning more than someone [in Macedonia] will ever learn in his entire life."

He claims to have earned up to $2,500 a day from advertising on his website, while the average monthly income in Macedonia is just $426.

Source and full article:     http://money.cnn.com/interactive/media/the-macedonia-story/

This beautifully illustrates my point about the "Fake news" originating on the internet and twitter.  

If it appears on a regular news channel, it may represent a partisan viewpoint, but if it comes from an unregulated source - it can be just made up on the spot.

jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2017 at 2:31pm

Oops!  I stand corrected.  Dyslexia rules KO   I am officially dyslexic, diagnosed in school.  I learned most spellings by rote, but I can't proof-read to save my life. 

I don't think any of us can honestly say we've posted without typos.

"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2017 at 9:10pm
Obama's Treasury Secretary and His Wife Demanded A $25,000/Hr. Government Jet For Their Honeymoon.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/9/13/1698397/-Trump-s-Treasury-Secretary-and-His-Wife-Demanded-A-25-000-Hr-Government-Jet-For-Their-Honeymoon

oh sorry
I got that wrong
it should read
Trump's Treasury Secretary and His Wife Demanded A $25,000/Hr. Government Jet For Their Honeymoon.

fill the swamp
fill the swamp
FILL THE SWAMP LOL
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2017 at 5:54am
Trump admin. changed ethics rules so they can accept anonymous donations for legal defense funds

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/9/14/1698498/-Trump-admin-changed-ethics-rules-so-they-can-accept-anonymous-donations-for-legal-defense-funds

FILLIN' THE SWAMP
TRUMP STYLELOL
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2017 at 9:46am
The Real News applies to many more things than just politics. It can be as basic as misreporting a clear sky when it is pouring down rain. Politics and world events are not the same thing.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/politics

1 a :the art or science of government
b :the art or science concerned with guiding or influencing governmental policy
c :the art or science concerned with winning and holding control over a government
2 :political actions, practices, or policies
3 a :political affairs or business; especially :competition between competing interest groups or individuals for power and leadership (as in a government)
b :political life especially as a principal activity or profession
c :political activities characterized by artful and often dishonest practices
4 :the political opinions or sympathies of a person
5 a :the total complex of relations between people living in society
b :relations or conduct in a particular area of experience especially as seen or dealt with from a political point of view

perhaps reporting of politics is a subset of the news - but it is not the major body of The Real News.

Putting this thread under politics does not consider the multiple time we have found the Real News on Pandemics and CDC reports of Flu in error. It is certainly about more than Social Justice Warriors or White Supremacy or Nazis. Those are emotionally charged subsets and neither are depicted accurately and often with great emotion.

Also - there is a difference between discussion and arguing. Arguing is never productive and often is linked to personal attacks on the poster. This is to somehow to link their personality - their mental health- their beliefs to something negative and invalidate their points.

They are not related. An idiot can speak a profound statement with no understanding at all. It is still profound and does not require the person to qualify to speak it. I thief can speak honestly or a moron intelligently on occasion. In fact, even a fool may be thought to be wise if they are silent and do not speak at all.

Use of the term Republican or Democrat is irrelevant to a person who has no party connection or affiliation.

In situations where one cannot be personally there at the event or ever verify the reality of a video (which can be faked to extreme degrees) , one must rely on logic and probability as to the accuracy of statements given previous and know surrounding and historical events.

Stirring the emotions of a crown, the readers, or those evaluating the content is a distraction to adequately evaluating anything.

There are never multiple stories except by POV (point of view). What happened, happened. What did not, did not.

Taking in consideration the media exists not to give us accurate news but to make money in giving us what the public wants to hear versus what may be reality, they can neither be trusted or are committed to doing so.

Medclinician

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2017 at 10:30am
Unfortunately, once an idiot has spoken said profound statement (however well he is coached in it) he cannot argue coherently in favor of it.  Not much hope for Trump there.

Of course the media do it for money.  DUH!!  That does not prevent them from being subject to oversight.  The president of the USA does it for money too - that and power.  But, he has no oversight, except for those of us who do not automatically believe him and can argue our points.

Arguing is an aspect of discussion.  Insults are not.  Neither are attacks on a person's right to privacy.

Fools who remain silent do present a more intelligent aspect than they probably deserve.  Sadly, you do not get to be President that way.
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2017 at 7:48am
Today's fare on Fox and CNN was truly pathetic. I am more inspired than ever to continue to try to set up an independent news channel. With the world on the verge of a nuclear war and all the other main problems we have to deal with it, Fox focused on the Emmy attack on Trump and other soap opera stories with no real solid news about anything important to America.

CNN was no better, and despite hopes they would finally get off the Trump tracking and surveys which they literally create - whine - whine - whine. People don't think Trump is presidential.

So what?

Really.  I don't think the news is news anymore. It is warmed up National Enquirer crap. Having failed to establish any Russian connection to Trump, after 3 days of violent protests in St. Louis by social justice warriors and the fact that conservatives cannot even speak on campuses without paying hundreds of thousands of dollars for security, the mainstream media have completely and totally failed to bring us The Real News.

I reminds me of when before the Beach Boys and Beatles hit the radio and swept the country with brand new exciting music, the fare on the radio was jumbled garbage.

That is what the news has become.

I used to really enjoy my daily fix of news with my breakfast and coffee. Now after two minutes I left both Fox and CNN - truly bored to death with their lukewarm coverage of nothing.

Yawn - the ads in my mailbox with sales - the junk mail is more interesting reading than Fox.

Medclinician
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2017 at 8:58am
Wave good-bye to your pre-existing

g condition protections under new Trumpcare bill

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/9/18/1698925/-Wave-good-bye-to-your-pre-existing-condition-protections-under-new-Trumpcare-bill

the reason we are not getting "the real news" is because Trump and his cult members
don't want "the real news " getting out
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2017 at 9:37am
Any of us can get away with not being presidential, Med. The only one for whom it's a prerequisite is the President himself.

"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2017 at 12:52pm

The mainstream media news networks completely failed to bring the world the Real News of the United Nations meeting.

They are more wrapped up in an Emmys broadcast that got some of the poorest ratings in history because people would rather escape than watch more bashing. The United Nations, an effort to bring all the countries together and who recently passed tougher sanctions on North Korea. 6 of seven of these have already been ignored or sidestepped. This is a clear indication that more than ever we need Global Independent News and the many millions of people out there capable of posting and bringing us the facts and realities versus a barrage of mainstream fiction.

We are on the verge of a possible global nuclear war. Perhaps someone can simply broadcast the content without taking things out of context and focusing on all sorts of emotional irrelevant cut, jabs, and slashes, as we try to unite the world to deal with tyranny, terrorism, and a nuclear threat.

It was not today mainstream media. You totally blew it.

Medclinician

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2017 at 1:17pm
People posting just clouds the issue.  NO OVERSIGHT!  I will say it again: NO OVERSIGHT!!

It is true that single people can be leaks or whistle-blowers, but that needs verification.  Any source of information which lacks oversight is suspect.  Random posts from unvetted people just muddies the waters as there is no way anyone can trust the information.

You can't trust anything just because it is written down, Med.  You might as well take the Koran, Bible, Popol Vuh, Bhagavad Gita, Mahabharata, Chaldean oracles of Zoroaster and the Cuneiform writings on Marduk as verbatim.  Better still: Grimm's Fairy tales!  They all disagree with each other, by the way and are believed to be accurate by the members of various religions ........................ and a few small children.

Information which is unverifiable is worthless!  Worse, it helps to occlude worthwhile information by "white noise".  You don't believe everything you read in Wikipedia, do you?

We may possibly be on the verge of a nuclear exchange, although that is highly unlikely.  We are not on the verge of full scale nuclear war.

I have to agree on the sanctions on NK though.  What a pointless exercise imposing them is!
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2017 at 1:29pm

People posting just clouds the issue.  NO OVERSIGHT!  I will say it again: NO OVERSIGHT!!

It is true that single people can be leaks or whistle-blowers, but that needs verification.  Any source of information which lacks oversight is suspect.  Random posts from unvetted people just muddies the waters as there is no way anyone can trust the information.

You can't trust anything just because it is written down, Med.  You might as well take the Koran, Bible, Popol Vuh, Bhagavad Gita, Mahabharata, Chaldean oracles of Zoroaster and the Cuneiform writings on Marduk as verbatim.  Better still: Grimm's Fairy tales!  They all disagree with each other, by the way and are believed to be accurate by the members of various religions ........................ and a few small children.

Information which is unverifiable is worthless!  Worse, it helps to occlude worthwhile information by "white noise".  You don't believe everything you read in Wikipedia, do you?

We may possibly be on the verge of a nuclear exchange, although that is highly unlikely.  We are not on the verge of full scale nuclear war.

I have to agree on the sanctions on NK though.  What a pointless exercise imposing them is!

I completely agree with you that nothing written down or even published is absolutely trustworthy. I was told back during the Pandemic in 2009 "believe not of what you read and only half of what you see."

It is bad now. People make up thing - people in high places - as high as they get sometimes and state them as facts.  It amazes me that people continue to focus on issues which are not what we should be looking at and dealing with.

I have only spent maybe 30 minutes in mainstream news in days. It is just not there anymore. I hope somehow we can do something else, offer something else, which will be the real news.

Medclinician

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2017 at 1:47pm
Mainstream news IS verifiable.  They have oversight - even FOX!  They can chose to omit stories, or comment as they wish, but they can't make things up.  

Random members of the public can.  That was my point.
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2017 at 4:10pm
here's some REAL NEWS fer ya

The Senate Trumpcare bill could leave many veterans with no health care

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/9/18/1698904/-The-Senate-Trumpcare-bill-could-leave-many-veterans-with-no-health-care
In 2013, while the Affordable Care Act that passed in 2010 was still being implemented, 9.1 percent of veterans under 65 were uninsured. That fell to 5.8 percent by 2015—a drop attributed to Medicaid enrollment facilitated by the ACA. A repeal would reverse those gains, and the recently proposed GOP policy would lead to more veterans losing insurance than gained coverage under the ACA, according to the study by policy researcher Rand Corp. "

and about that UN speech

WATCH: Trump's Uses First U.N. Speech To Promote Trump-Branded Property

http://crooksandliars.com/2017/09/trumps-first-remarks-un-are-promote-trump

I really don't think anyone missed much of anythingLOL

was there anything particularly new or earth shattering ???

sorry
I must have dozed off

maybe Trump should have TWEETED the speech  ?Tongue

Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2017 at 4:32pm
ya know
ya can't even swing a dead cat without hitting some REAL NEWS  nowadaysCry

Robert Reich: A Handful of Ultra-Rich Families Are Bleeding the Country Dry

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/robert-reich-handful-ultra-rich-families-are-bleeding-country-dry

"The richest 1 tenth of 1 percent of Americans now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent.

Many of today’s super rich never did a day’s work in their lives. Six out of the ten wealthiest Americans alive today are heirs to prominent fortunes. The Walmart heirs alone have more wealth than the bottom 42 percent of Americans combined."

is that "real" enough ???

"

And it creates a self-perpetuating aristocracy that is antithetical to democracy.

The last time America faced anything comparable to the concentration of wealth we face now, occurred at the turn of the last century.

Then, President Teddy Roosevelt warned that “a small class of enormously wealthy and economically powerful men, whose chief object is to hold and increase their power,” could destroy American democracy."

democracy?

what democracy?

this country is VERY clearly a CORPORATE OLIGARCHY

Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2017 at 6:16pm

Wisconsin governor signs $3 billion Foxconn bill into law

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/walker-sign-3-billion-foxconn-132721250.html

over 25 years for the state just to break even

and that is if and only if everything goes perfectly as planned

and I really like this part

"The package gives the conservative-leaning state Supreme Court the option to take appeals of circuit court decisions related to the Foxconn project directly rather than having them heard by an intermediate appellate court. Any lower court decision would be automatically stayed during the appeal."

nice subverting of the Court system

enough of a corporate oligarchy for you ???

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2017 at 8:57am

Mainstream news IS verifiable.  They have oversight - even FOX!  They can chose to omit stories, or comment as they wish, but they can't make things up.  

Random members of the public can.  That was my point.

There are many example of completely false stories which never even happened. Perhaps sometime I will start a thread - in fact soon on "The Fake News".

Currently they at least have set up a Blog (Fox) on their main page on the U.N. Unlike a football game where we would be hearing commentators for a day before and after - there isn't even any discussion video up or news yet.

I guess they are trying.  I doubt anything positive coming out of it will get much coverage. They are too busy covering Hillary as she goes before sympathetic audiences saying she is going to ask for a recount of the last election and muttering about Russian collusion and 1001 reasons why it wasn't her fault she lost.

Right now we have a rough state North Korea who very likely will blow something up and soon.  The longer we wait, the worse it will be.

I would not want to be the one to make the call on this one.

The bottom line is we probably need to nuke Kim Jong Un with a deep bunker blaster followed by a sister nuke and vaporize the threat to world peace.

China will not like this. North Korea is a thinly veiled proxy for China vexing the U.S. and this would cause massive instability in the region. The fallout would not only poison North Korea, but South Korea definitely, China, and even Russia.

Millions of refugees will pour across the border into China - which they neither want nor need.

This could also turn into a pure non-nuke ground war with tends of thousands of high power guns aimed at Seoul. In two minutes - more bullets and rockets could be fired than many small nations even have.  Seoul will see the death of 20,000,000 people and the ensuing ground war will send our stock markets, communications, and most of the allied countries into a tailspin.

All the anarchists will come out in force as well as whatever mole terrorists with whatever they have as America will be vulnerable and our leaders will head for the shelters leaving the rest of us on the surface.

http://www.cracked.com/article_17318_7-clearly-fake-news-stories-that-fooled-mainstream-media.html

Medclinician
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2017 at 9:02am
Whoa - Hillary Clinton is asking for a recount? I've been seeing the interviews, but that's the first I heard of that.
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2017 at 9:54am
I do not think China facilitates NK to annoy America.  They do not want to annoy America - or anyone else.  They just do not want to have a huge influx of refugees, or to lose a trading partner; both are economically bad news.  CHINA CARES ABOUT THE MONEY!  It does not give a fig if NK threatens America, Japan, Guam or anyone else for that matter.  Only the money counts in China's eyes.  It is all that the current regime there has ever cared about.

The only way to get China on your side is to wave the greenbacks - and big fistfuls of greenbacks at that!

KJU is playing bully boy with the US and the rest of the world.  I do not have any idea if he believes what he says or not, but he says he amasses arms to protect against America (and, tellingly, to build up enough strength to 'liberate' South Korea).  

Trump's belligerent attitude is not helping that.  Although he is 100% accurate in what he says about NK; he should not say it.  That is neither wise nor diplomatic.  The rhetoric, however well deserved, just stirs the hornet's nest.  The need here is to either:  "Put up, or shut up!"  Careless talk costs lives, more so if you are in a prominent position.  Spray the b**t**ds with insecticide or walk away.  Put the verbal stick down, that just begs to be stung.
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2017 at 10:33am

Trump Is Denying Refugee Report That Shows They Make America Billions

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-denying-refugee-report-shows-153343341.html

President Donald Trump has long maintained that immigrants are a drain on the economy and a threat to security. He has insisted the United States should impose “extreme vetting” on refugees while fighting his travel ban in federal courts for the last seven months.

The president and his administration sought to back up their assertions about the financial burden of immigration, calling for a report in March through a presidential memorandum. On Monday, a leaked draft of an internal Department of Health and Human Services report found refugees, in particular, have netted the government $63 billion in revenue over an almost 10-year period, The New York Times reported.

Though department completed the report in July, it has not been released to the public. And those supportive of refugees think the internal study had been “suppressed,” according to The Times.

hmmm

seems as though Donnie doesn't like the "REAL NEWS" getting outLOL

apparently doesn't fit his biased agenda

Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2017 at 4:27pm

Republican Governors Have Created a Fake News Site Masquerading as a Legitimate News Outlet

http://www.alternet.org/media/republican-governors-have-created-fake-news-site-masquerading-legitimate-news-outlet

Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2017 at 5:27am
the KING of FAKE NEWS,Donald Trump keeps insisting that everything is just great in Puerto Rico
the citizens continue to call him a LIAR

Aguadilla, Puerto Rico: 60,000 people—only 2000 meals. Trump keeps on lying.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/9/30/1702908/-Aguadilla-Puerto-Rico-60-000-people-only-2000-meals-Trump-keeps-on-lying

Still, some delays are head-scratching. JetBlue Airways and Spirit Airlines have already flown aid missions to the airport in Aguadilla. But a government plane with essential supplies has yet to show up, according to Robert Casiano, the cargo operations manager for Aguadilla's Rafael Hernández Airport.

"Our equipment is fully operational. We have enough fuel for all kinds of aircraft; we just need the jets to start arriving. They haven't arrived yet," Casiano said.

a fully functional airport with private carriers making landings

but not one government aircraft to be seen ???

"your doing a heck of a job Donnie"Dead

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2017 at 6:55am
Both Fox and CNN this morning were a joke.  I used enjoy reading the news but it has turned into a Social Justice Warrior megaphone.

Hillary is a dead issue. She was a criminal who endangered our national security and lied about many things and lost the elections. She is never going to run for anything again and win and how she feels about the NFL players kneeling for the anthem is beyond a yawn.

Last night I dreamed about football - and my only comfort was it was better than walking through the aftermath of a nuclear attack on New York - again.

Barack Obama was in the news for his controversial swap and we have more stories of pervert old women with younger men which I guess is a thrill for all the lurking cougars out there that fantasize about such things.

Weinstein now the scuzball of Hollywood gave Clinton money to battle Lewinsky after their xxx rated encounter and near impeachment.

Both Texas and Florida received top billing for the hurricanes while the fires continue to rage in Northern California killing people and no one seems to care.

The bottom has fallen out of the accusations that Trump was involved in any way with the Russians to influence the election and the memos from Comey aren't worth screen they were typed on.

The Democrats continue to talk about impeaching Trump and still will not accept Hillary lost. It has been nearly a year now. 

The minority - majority - the people who were minority and now are 51% of the U.S. due to rampant illegal immigration lost their effort to take over the government and get special treatment for anyone of color or religions other than Christian.

The tonight show host won't engage in Trump bashing and his ratings dropped 30% while Saturday Night Live still has a field day with fish looking pictures of Trump. I have yet to see but three decent Trump pics of him smiling and not looking like some frumpy nerd.  That's mainstream for you. Trump bashing has become an industry and those who say nay - can be hunted.

The news is no fun anymore. It is like cable where we have a token gay - a token transsexual, lesbian, and one each of racial groups in the cast because ... I guess for ratings. You cannot have an all white show or company.

There have to be classes on dealing with diversity which are mandatory in businesses now on how to deal with racial issues.

There doesn't need to be racial issues. People should be treated the same. There are jerks of every color and people are mean to each other no matter what race or religion.

I wonder sometimes what happened to America. They have pretty much ruined it. Alternate lifestyles are not natural and not good for our country.  People should not have to like anyone and not have to justify how they feel or why they feel it. It is their choice.

Nobody is happy anymore about much of anything. I don't live in an inner city and I don't want to. I am tired of watching news and cable about people who are so different from me - the young - the strange and the real loss of the American male of his manliness and strength to a host of lisping, men lusting after other men - which the biblical Old Testament used to stone to death. All of this being forced down the throats of ministers who feel it is against their beliefs to marry two men and goes against everything they have been taught for 2,000 years.

Free speech?  Depends on who is speaking. If you are a conservative or actually support Trump - even in social media you can be cut off and muted.

The problem with Social Justice Warriors is they do not offer any usable solutions with their criticism. Not a shred. No bills in Congress to do anything but give out more money for votes of people wronged as we try and balance trillions of dollars in debt and not cut anything to anyone.

No can do. I am a tolerant person. Whatever people choose to do in the privacy of their own home is their choice. Although some people do not draw a line with barnyard animals or dogs - women included. Greece did it. Rome did it. Caligula did it and what happened?

We are in the last days biblical or otherwise and those who ignore history and what destroyed civilizations are doomed to repeat it.

Disgusted. No desire to see anyone suffer, lose money, be fired, get hurt. Just disgusted.

So how was you week?  The media sucks. What a Monday it is.

Medclinician

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2017 at 7:04am
Don't be so hypocritical, Med!  You have posted a huge amount of stuff about Hilary since the election.  I do agree it is old news.  She was stupid about her emails too - though probably not criminal.

As for the football.  Bring it on!  Any protest that eschews violence is exercising the rights those who defend the flag fought (and are still fighting) for.

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2017 at 7:45am

Don't be so hypocritical, Med!  You have posted a huge amount of stuff about Hilary since the election.  I do agree it is old news.  She was stupid about her emails too - though probably not criminal.

As for the football.  Bring it on!  Any protest that eschews violence is exercising the rights those who defend the flag fought (and are still fighting) for.

Pretty much. Sometimes reality can be painful. Antifa are domestic terrorists which forward the agenda of Black Lives Matter.  Should we come out with a group called White Lives Matter we would be called Nazis and White Supremacists.  If we had a White School founded to have mostly white students - it would be bombed.

As I see it the White male ended up on the bottom of the heap, with the elderly veteran homeless males at the very bottom of the heap.

The whites today are not the whites that did all the terrible things done with slavery. It is not our burden to pay for or explain the "sins of our fathers". Yes, it was wrong. And yes - Jefferson and others had slaves. I can assure you if any group of color took over totally or another nation there would be White Slavery and as bad or worse than any ever seen in the past.

Already in demonstrations there is racial hatred for whites and police officers where people are killed because something happened in another state by someone not even connected to them.

Anarchy will destroy us. Everything we have fought for and gained would be lost by racial hatred exceeding anything ever dreamed of by white people.

People are afraid. It is true you know. Many people don't like what is going on in society or with the races or with all of the alternate lifestyles. They hate it. The surveys are wrong and there is a silent brooding rage over what has happened. That is why Trump was elected. They said no more minority dominance in our politics - we want someone to represent us.

The 51% are upset. All of the programs, handouts, everything could be ended and a lot of people living off the system have to go back to work.

Perhaps in the days before computers someone was disabled. Not any more. If you can touch a screen or type a line - you can work.

I do. I work in some way almost 18 hours a day and hardly sleep to try and earn a better lifestyle and help those I love. Many Americans do.

We deserve better.

Medclinician
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2017 at 8:14am
Good God, Med!  

For every innocent white person shot by police there are more than ten black people whom suffer the same fate.  Of course white lives matter, but that is understood, acted upon and protected by a larger number of people.
Image result for his life matters

That photo from the "black lives matter" campaign said it all.  

I can't stop you from posting such racist things, because you also post important stuff.  I can't force you into introspection, because it is your own mind.  I can't even say no white people are harmed by black people, because some are.  But the numbers are not proportional, those who chose a victim by color are racists and and I am disgusted by the implied racism of your post.  

So I appeal to your better nature; put the bucket down.  The racial stereotype tree is flourishing with or without your regular watering of it

Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2017 at 4:05pm
here's some REAL news fer ya
REAL news cause it REALLY happened !!!

Wow. Spurs Coach Gregg Popovich "This man in the Oval Office is a soulless coward..."

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/10/16/1707345/-Wow-Spurs-Coach-Gregg-Popovich-This-man-in-the-Oval-Office-is-a-soulless-coward
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2017 at 4:17pm
Sorry, Satori.  I do not want to steal your thunder (post) but, that speech was so elegant I have to reproduce it here for all AFTers to read.

I’ve been amazed and disappointed by so much of what this President had said, and his approach to running this country, which seems to be one of just a never ending divisiveness. But his comments today about those who have lost loved ones in times of war and his lies that previous presidents Obama and Bush never contacted their families, is so beyond the pale, I almost don’t have the words.

This man in the Oval Office is a soulless coward who thinks that he can only become large by belittling others. This has of course been a common practice of his, but to do it in this manner–and to lie about how previous Presidents responded to the deaths of soldiers–is as low as it gets.  We have a pathological liar in the White House: unfit intellectually, emotionally, and psychologically to hold this office and the whole world knows it, especially those around him every day. The people who work with this President should be ashamed because they know it better than anyone just how unfit he is, and yet they choose to do nothing about it. This is their shame most of all.”

I may not be an American, but he spoke for me too.

Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2017 at 6:02pm
Marino "he's a great guy"

After exposé, Trump says he’ll ‘be looking into’ his choice for drug czar post

https://www.yahoo.com/news/expose-trump-says-hell-looking-choice-drug-czar-post-191623051.html

a Congressman literally bought and paid for by big pharma

and this is the guy Chump chooses ???

REALLY???

more swamp drainin' ???LOL

Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2017 at 6:18pm
the REAL NEWS

we ARE getting it

Trump still silent about actual American soldiers who died on his watch

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/10/16/1707230/-Trump-still-silent-about-actual-American-soldiers-who-died-on-his-watch

"Donald Trump stated on Monday that he has written letters to the families of the men killed, letters that will go out Real Soon Now. "

yeah
those letters we go out real soon !!!
just as soon as Donnie can find him some of dem der stamps
maybe Melania has them all in her purse ???  LOL
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2017 at 5:02pm
here is some "REAL NEWS" fer ya

Trump Congratulates Xi for Being Recognized as an Extraordinary Communist

https://www.redstate.com/jimjamitis/2017/10/25/trump-congratulates-xi-recognized-extraordinary-communist/

would some Trump supporter please explain to me what the &^$%$#@   this is ???

does Trump know ANYTHING about COMMUNIST China?

does he even read the newspapers ?????????

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2017 at 5:12pm
Well he has been castigated for a lack of diplomacy.  Perhaps this is an abortive attempt to develop some.  LOL 
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2017 at 5:16pm
Trump's AMuRiKA

Whitefish Energy threatens Puerto Rican mayor with taking their toys and going home.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/10/25/1709874/-Whitefish-Energy-threatens-Puerto-Rican-mayor-with-taking-their-toys-and-going-home

Another thing that I can’t seem to get answers on is what these employees are actually being paid. They are charging taxpayers 300/hr for linemen. From the (pdf warning) IBEW contract that I found for one of the subcontractors they are using that is six times what those linemen are contracted for
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2017 at 7:23pm
I can't cut and paste anything at the moment but, just take a look at what Chump is doing to the EPA in the USA, looks like asbestos is no longer harmless, along with many other toxins,BiG business ,cares little for the disaster they causing, only MONEY COUNTS.....
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic