Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

April prepping 2018

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: April prepping 2018
    Posted: April 01 2018 at 3:09pm
Happy Easter! April Fools! So what is everyone working on this month? We are just working on our garden. Hoping for some rainy days so we don't have to water. I want to plant another fruit tree this year, but haven't decided what. Not sure how our garden is going to turn out, lol, we have 4 separate beds, 3 raised beds, then a regular bed. We found one of the dogs laying in the green onions and lettuce yesterday, lol. And she's not a small dog, a black lab.
quietprepr View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quietprepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2018 at 10:01am
This month I am pulling out all my preps for my "once every so often but not often enough" inventory and purge. Out with the old to make room for something new.
"Learning is not compulsory... neither is survival." - W. Edwards Deming
KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2018 at 12:38pm
A few years ago I was in a charity shop and saw a box of brand new bandages of all different sizes. I got the whole box for $2. Then I lost it. Well it's just turned up again and so I'm about to overhaul our medical first aid kit and supplies. I'm very low on paracetamol and painkillers. I also need to buy some flu medications but am waiting for winter to begin because then they go on special.
Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
hachiban08 View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2018 at 11:45pm
I need to do that too, quietprepr. Mostly just OTCs this month, but I might also restart my herb garden.
Be prepared! It may be time....^_^v
arirish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2018 at 3:22pm
This is our tornado season so i'm unpacking and re-assembling our bobs! Checking expiration dates, rotating batteries, etc! I realized we didn't have work gloves or rope in them. Replacing batteries in the radios and flash lights in the pantry/safe room.
Buy more ammo!
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2018 at 9:08am
It's been in the 70's and last night we had ice and today it's 25 degrees. Hopefully our raised bed gardens survive. We covered them with tarps. It's supposed to back in the 70's again tomorrow.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2018 at 7:44pm
I am going to do my garden again this summer, after 4 years of being covered in black plastic. I have had a lot going on in the last four years so I did not do a garden. Now I have to decide what I really want to plant for just one person!! Yes, I do share my harvest with friends but I am not sure what I want to plant...decisions decisions!
arirish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2018 at 12:08am
Third year in a row with a late freeze! No cold weather in November, December,January or February but hard freezes in March and now April! If we're lucky and don't get any more cold snaps we might get pears but we won't get apples, peaches, cherrys or plums again this year! Hope y'all fared better! We covered the strawberries so should be o k there and thankfully lots of starters still in green house!
Buy more ammo!
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2018 at 5:31am
We lost our tomato and pepper plants to the freeze. We covered everything, and thought the onions were gone too, but they bounced back and are looking really well, spinach, carrots, lettuce, broccoli, cilantro and strawberries are all doing well. Radishes have also started coming up. We will buy some tomato and pepper plants this weekend. Hopefully no more cold weather.
arirish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2018 at 9:19pm
We used to belong to the local Farmer's Market and had two teenage boys at home so we had a large, 1/2 acre garden with another 1/2 acre of Asparagus beds and 1/4 acre of Strawberries! It hit 80 degrees today and I cut close to 100 spears of Asparagus! We give a lot of it away but luckily we have a friend that manages a grocery store and buys all our excess! It's not much money but like the 2-3 dozen eggs we sell a week, it all adds up! We,re in the process of reducing the size the garden and moving it closer to the house so it's easier to keep the varmits out and easier to reach!
Buy more ammo!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic