Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forum > Political Discussion > Politics - Political Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Trump Gets it Right for Once

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trump Gets it Right for Once
    Posted: February 28 2019 at 3:38pm
I have heard it said that those of us who loathe Trump would automatically condem everything he does.

Well, WELL DONE TRUMP! Walking away from Kim Jong Un's deal was very much the right thing to do.

Don't expect me to keep this Trumpophillia up though.
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2019 at 1:49pm
Oh dear! I feel the need to back him again.

"Better a thousand guilty go free than one innocent man go to prison" So goes the saying and I agree. Unlike Sarah Sanders, I am not sure of complete and total exonneration and it would be nice if he accorded the same understanding to others - like Hilary foir example. But if there is insufficient evidence to prosecute, then he has to be accepted as innocent.

I have to accept that. I don't have to like it.
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2019 at 7:20pm
You're far more generous than me, Techno

"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2019 at 3:24am
Not really, JD, I'm gritting my teeth!

Principles are high! Principles are moral! Principles are a pain in the ass!!!
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2019 at 4:22pm
I Doubt even if they found any sort of collusion,they would admit it,

more like,

they have a quite word, and persons involved fall on their swords.......

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2019 at 4:25pm
What are the odds on Chump running for president?????

...odds on he doesn't run.....
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2019 at 12:46am
This time he is right

Quote President Trump has told Americans to "get their shots" as measles cases spread across the country.

"The vaccinations are so important," he told reporters outside the White House.

But previously :(

Quote Mr Trump's latest comments contrast markedly from his previous public statements about vaccinations.

During a Republican primary debate in 2015, he suggested vaccines were responsible for what he called an "epidemic" of autism. He said he was in favour of vaccines, but wanted "smaller doses over a longer period of time".

He also held meetings with several prominent anti-vaccine campaigners ahead of the 2016 election.

He has also linked vaccinations to autism in earlier social media posts.

BBC Link
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2019 at 7:38am
I still don't like him and have not yet forgiven him for his (unintended) insult to the Queen on his last visit. But credit where it's due, he has learned from some of his past mistakes. He was quite the statesman on this state visit. There was none of his usual crass, bullying steamroller.

There was very little posturing.

There were no attacks in his speech, until asked unavoidable questions.

Although she is going and therefore there is no gain in it, he fulsomely praised Mrs May, which was right and proper for the occasaion.

Indubitably our press will find something to slag him off for, but he managed to surprise and impress me with his increased grasp of correct protocol and those complaints (THIS TIME) will be unfounded.

However this slipped out in the speeches: The US wants to have access to our NHS as part of trade deals. This absolutely terrifies me! We make it work and despite being vastly richer than us, the US fails spectacularily.

Keep your mitts off our NHS USA. This area is sacrossanct! - Everything else is on the table with our friends.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic