Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Christchurch NZ mosque shootings....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Christchurch NZ mosque shootings....
    Posted: March 14 2019 at 10:02pm
KiwiMum, I'm thinking of you and your family during all of this! I never would have thought New Zealand would succumb to this idiotic mass-shooting phenomena....

Be safe, Chuck
EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2019 at 11:06pm
This is shocking news.
Dutch Josh View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2019 at 11:53pm
https://halturnerradioshow.com/index.php/en/news-page/world/shooter-in-new-zealand-live-streams-mosque-shooting-on-social-media-we-have-that-video:
In his writings, the shooter:

- Identified himself as a fascist and ethno-nationalist

- Says he supports Trump as a symbol of renewed white identity, but not as a policy maker or leader

- Was inspired by Anders Breivik

- Says he blames capitalists and immigrants

DJ-One would not have expected breivik mass-murder in Norway. The goal these "people" (yes they do terrible things-still they are human) have is to start some sort of global "reli-war"?

This is bad news for all of us....
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2019 at 1:07am
New Zealand is thought of here as the land of intellect, care and freedom. I can't really believe this. It's like being savaged by a dove or seeing Einstein drooling in a corner and counting on his fingers.

This is very sad.

If this insanity can affect New Zealand it can affect anyone.

Don't let them ruin your country, KiwiMom.

Stay safe.

KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2019 at 2:37am
Thanks guys for your concern. It's been pretty shocking. In fact we're all in shock. My husband was working in Christchurch this morning and had an early meeting there. He drove straight past that mosque on his way out of town about 2 hours before the shooting. I'm very thankful he wasn't there later on.

The whole city went into lock down, with all the schools locked down, as schools here turn out at 3pm, so that was a great move by the NZ police because the gunman fired at passersby in Hagley Park as he went back to his car to get more guns.

Hagley park is a very busy place and had this happened on Saturday it would have been even worse as hundreds of children play sports there every week.

My children were at sports classes (just out of town) this evening and everyone was in complete shock. NZ really is a cruisy, relaxed place to be. We are just not used to this sort of thing. We're feeling a bit numb right now. It's such a small place that I even know someone who was just 100m away as the attack was going on.

We are tolerant people, and completely religiously tolerant, I honestly can't believe that kiwis were responsible for this. The man on the video is Australian, but I don't know about his co-conspirators.

You know a really great thing I witnessed this evening was when I was picking my children up from their sports class at 7.30 was their main instructor who reiterated what he had said at the start of the class (which I hadn't heard) but he said that violence is not the answer, there is always another way, and for all of us to reach out and love our fellow man. That's what NZ is all about and that's what I expect to hear from a man who coaches children and inspires them. That's community right there. That's why I live here.

Tomorrow morning we're off sailing at the crack of dawn as usual and already we've received a great email from our club telling us all to sail for those who can't, and to sail because we can and that we won't let a terrorist stop us being Kiwis. And that's so right. We can't let terrorists control us.
arirish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2019 at 10:21pm
Techno said: If this insanity can affect New Zealand it can affect anyone.

This is why he picked New Zealand as a target! Terrorist use "intentionally indiscriminate violence as a means to create terror among masses of people"! They want to generate fear! They want us to hate and fear each other! We must all stand up and fight this insanity! We're better than this!

Buy more ammo!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2019 at 10:26pm
This man like all terroists is a nut job who only cares about making people afraid and making themselves "famous" or getting 7 virgins in heaven. They want to make people afraid of going out anywhere, even church. We have had several church shootings here in the U.S. but we still go to church!!!

Like the U.S. NZ. people are allowed to have guns. Taking the guns away from normal people is not the answer. There is no answer to terrorists, no one can see them coming. Rev. Billy Graham said that one of his biggest concerns was a religious war and this was a long time ago he said that. Well, only people who are not quite right in the head are going to TRY and start a religious war and it is up to all of us to stop the hate.

KiwiMum I am so sorry this happened in your country and to the families that lost their loved ones. Sending prayers for healing.

CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2019 at 11:38pm
AFT members are the best, anywhere! Be safe, everyone, this is likely to get worse before it gets better. My contacts in law enforcement are bracing for more assaults like these, they are on full alert in the USA.

If you want to read some terrifying stuff, spend some time on 8chan and read the posts. Be sure to wipe out your browsing history, it is something we all need to be aware of. I don't recommend engaging any of these actors online, but reading the posts is informative.   8chan.net
CRS, DrPH
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2019 at 11:43pm
DISCLAIMER: The information contained within this broadcast message belongs solely to the InfraGard National Members Alliance (INMA) and is not representative of the FBI.
Dear InfraGard Members:

We would like to invite you to our next InfraGard National Training Webinar, an urgent response to Friday’s deadly massacre at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand.

Topic: Protecting Places of Worship - Security Best Practices and Lessons Learned

Speaker: Curtis Jones, Chair, Infragard National Religious Facilities Protection Program

Date: Monday March 18, 2019

Time: 3:00 - 4:00 PM ET

Cost: FREE

Protecting places of worship webinar will feature subject matter expertise designed to provide religious facilities with an understanding of the threat landscape, lessons learned, and security best practices and resources.

The webinar will include an analytical case study of the most consequential mass shootings at faith-based venues in modern history: the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh; First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs; and the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston.

This review will explore threat indicators, incident metrics that may have identified preventable causes, and the unseen challenges that security practitioners face in protecting places of worship.

Please feel free to share this invitation with your coworkers, friends and family. In the interest of sharing this information, this webinar is open to non-members.

You must register in advance to attend this webinar, at the following link: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_9j7EOIhuRGu8cQxv_mUlNg

Thank you,

Kimberly Pratt
InfraGard National Executive Director
kpratt@infragardnational.org
CRS, DrPH
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2019 at 1:16am
FluMom is absolutely right.

It is hard to get any type of gun, here in the UK. That does not stop the terrorists. They just use a car and mow people down, or buy lots of bleach or fertlizer and manufacture bombs from that. Even a bag of flour can be made to explode if you know what you are doing.

When you stop the legal use of guns, only the crimminals carry guns.

On top of that, shooting Muslims encourages more Muslims to radicalise. So they then want to kill white, Christian or right-wing people (whomever is seen as the perpetrator). After that retaliation more shooters are born. Bloody Sunday revived, reformed and radicalised the IRA. Learn from our mistake, we appear to be too stupod to.

Educate, accept and integrate. People want to kill the enemy, not their friends. That is the best way. New Zealand looked so good at it. Sadly, Arirish is right too.
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2019 at 12:53pm
One of the saving graces for us is that the shooter was an Australian. Had he been a Kiwi then perhaps local Muslims would have felt under attack, but as I've said before, NZers are fairly tolerant people and we don't ever really hear of religious hate crimes here. At least we can all stand together knowing it wasn't one of us, and that is some consolation.

What was disturbing was that the algorithms in Facebook were sharing the live feed of the shootings to teenage boys here in NZ as it was happening. A teacher friend of mine said many of her children had seen the footage by the start of class at 2.15pm, and it had only happened at 1.30pm. That's worrying. Many of them opened it not knowing what they were seeing.
Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2019 at 3:51pm
all i can say is "i'm not suprised"

with all the masss killings around the world its a wonder its not more prevelent

9/11

Manchester attack: Children among 22 dead after Ariana Grande concert explosion

the London Bridge, Attacks ,

Charlie, Hebdo Paris

Paris, Concert attacks,

Nice, Truck attack.....etc etc...

it was only a matter of Time ...........

Paybacks a bastard..............

but two wrongs never made a right .......never will

wether a Gun ,Knife ,Truck or car ......

Nutters will Always find a way to get their "CAUSE" Talked about........

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2019 at 2:35pm

This is a clip from the BBC, where a man who lost his wife in the shootings speaks out. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-47601516 - He is Farid Uddin the man in the wheelchair.

Personally, I don't have a lot of time for Islam, as routes to God go, it is a bit fuzzy on signposts and the halal laws offend my 'be kind to animals' beliefs. But there are good and even great Muslims around. Condem the faith not the worshiper.

Farid Uddin, the man who lost his wife, even in the rawness of his grief, has it about right. Don't hate even this attacker. Condemn what he has done by all means, but he will have had his reasons.

I do have issues with Islam, some of them drive me to rather strong opinions, but Musilms are just people and deserve the same respect as anyone else.

New Zealand's response has garnered worldwide respect, mine included. If more of us had the New Zealand approach, or better sitll Farad's, the world would be a better place.

In my personal opinion, opinionated though I am, the only way to counter this type of atrocity is to accept those who are different from ourselves as equal. So how do we teach the young that those who are coloured differently, dress strangely and have differing beliefs are just like us underneath?

Answer: "Integrate!" During the premiership of Tony Blair, a great deal of autonomy was granted to faith schools. 20 years later we had an upswing of ideological terrorism. This was simply because the faith schools isolated themselves. We do not hate our neighbours, our schoolfriends, our playmates. But we are very good at hating the other, the weird and the stranger; all that is except a few truly great people like Farid.
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2019 at 3:25pm
Look up Mohammeds night journey,

and also why, "although God said we can have 4 wives, but best if you only have one "quote Mohammed....

I don't believe in any God,i am the complete Atheist.....

My hero is Charles Darwin....
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic