Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

October Prepping 2019

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: October Prepping 2019
    Posted: October 06 2019 at 8:40am
Hey everyone, what is everyone doing prepping wise right now. I am not doing too much, I just started a new job at the beginning of September, so I have been busy with that. We did start a Fall garden for the first time ever. We planted spinach, lettuce, green beans and we still have a few tomatoes growing from the summer garden and tons of jalapenos. The weather has still been in the 90's until this week, it finally reached 89 and supposed to get a little cooler now.
hachiban08 View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2019 at 1:12pm
Just stocking up on water for the most part and OTC.
Back home, they are doing controlled power outages so I was mostly making sure my mother was squared away.
Part of our city (my hometown) is going to be affected, but we don't live in the more rural part of the city anymore so our power grid is a different company from PG&E. However, all the surrounding areas are going to be affected so people have been going on a buying frenzy in our city for just in case things change. Outages might last up to 5 days I've been told. My cousin lives in the affected part of the bay area and all the schools will be closed for at least two days. Supposedly, parts of Southern California could be affected too per Southern California Edison.
Be prepared! It may be time....^_^v
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2019 at 7:37pm
I have been seeing that on the news. The town next to us had a water main break last week and you would have thought the world was coming to an end, lol. Schools let out early, businesses closed, no school the next day because it still wasn't fixed, etc
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2019 at 8:36pm
Yep, keep water available I keep 4 - 5 gal containers of water at all times and 4 cases of water bottles. At least that will hold for a few days until I could get my "water factory" up and running if needed.
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2019 at 10:38am
I always keep HEAPS of water and have several reclamation/collection process in place.

Even with all that I am not sure I have enough in a real crisis.

You can go a month without food. Most people make 3 days without water.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic