Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

U.S suspect cases growing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Notanewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: U.S suspect cases growing
    Posted: January 30 2020 at 1:55pm

A few days ago it was 110 and 26 states. Now 165 and 36 states somewhere on CDC website,it was stated that it is up to the individual states to release info on suspect cases. So we are flying blind. I would like to know so I can make my own decisions on when to social distance or SIP.

People Under Investigation (PUI) in the United States*†‡
As of 1/29/2020

People under Investigation (PUI) in the United States
Positive     5
Negative     68
Pending§     92
Total     165
*Cumulative since January 21, 2020.
† Numbers closed out at 7 p.m. the night before reporting.
‡ Excludes those with contact to a known case.
§Includes specimens received and awaiting testing, as well as specimens in route to CDC.

Number of states with PUI: 36
Newbie1A View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newbie1A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2020 at 2:27pm
Hey at least you have a number!

You want to talk ‘flying blind’ here in Canada they will only say ‘people being tested out of abundance of caution’ won’t say how many, which province or city....

Abundance of caution - my A$$.... a lady just posted screen shots on FB of her booking a flight from Wuhan to Toronto!!! There are planes from China landing here steady still and our ‘great leader’ (aka acting school dropout) doesn’t have the kahoonas to say “shut this down!”.

Here we aren’t flying in the dark - rather we are being ‘kept in the dark and treated like mushrooms!’
If it's to be - it's up to me!
BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2020 at 2:38pm
Here's the update page from the CDC:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-in-us.html

But it doesn't the 6th case in IL, H2H posted yet.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic