Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Coronavirus in Pope and aides

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheep Lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coronavirus in Pope and aides
    Posted: March 01 2020 at 10:23am
Sheep Lady
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2020 at 10:26am

niman should know better.  I know Fact Checkers debunked it and it was flagged by FB as being fake news.   Maybe suspected of having it, and they may have it, who knows,, but it's not confirmed.  Niman cracks me up.  

Shame on niman for the fake news.  

https://www.facebook.com/Avianflutalk
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2020 at 10:31am

Thank you though Sheep Lady for the post either way.  Have to move this to General Discussion, but please don't let this sway you from posting news and we appreciate the assistance. 

Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2020 at 10:34am

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/01/pope-coughs-way-speech-amid-coronavirus-outbreak-12329688/?ITO=squid&ito=newsnow-feed

Managed one post, but now the text icon is not working for me, so I will just post links,till I can figure this out,

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2020 at 10:38am

I wouldn't doubt that the Vatican would cover it up.  

Sheep Lady View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheep Lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2020 at 10:41am

Thanks Albert, a little shook since chloroquine experience, should have been more careful.

Sheep Lady
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2020 at 10:49am

Originally posted by Sheep Lady Sheep Lady wrote:

Thanks Albert, a little shook since chloroquine experience, should have been more careful.

What happened and why would you take it?  

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2020 at 10:59am

Sheep Lady -  a niman post, followed by a claim of Chloroquine.  Reminds me of things from 15 years ago here.   I will need an answer to your chloroquine post.  

KiwiMum View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2020 at 11:19am

Albert, sheeplady has posted a response on the thread about Chloroquine in General discussion. It seems she's not sure how legit the company is and she got cold feet and cancelled her order.

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2020 at 11:47am

I just reviewed her post and all is fine.  Yes I was surprised to see it arrived from India, and then later learned that around 70% of all generic drugs are controlled by India and China.  

It's always better to go to your doc for an RX, no doubt.   I also heard from a pharmacist recently on our other group that they no longer have it available.  And I believe  hazelpad also mentioned the UK government it now hoarding it and no longer shipping it.  Bottom line, if you can get it via rx from your doc, do it.  Not entirely sure it's even available at U.S. pharmacies at this point.    

Remember - I don't know anything about the company itself.  I received both orders I placed, and that's about it.  

Thanks for the reply,

A

KiwiMum View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2020 at 12:30pm

I'm gambling too. I know nothing about it but since I've made lots of other preps I'm taking the view in for a penny, in for a pound. I had been looking for a supplier for a couple of days having seen it in the news, so thanks for your link. Hopefully it'll get to NZ.

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
Newbie1A View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newbie1A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2020 at 2:48pm

Well he's cancelling some pretty important events at a critical Christian time of the year (coming up to Easter)...

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/pope-says-a-cold-will-force-him-to-skip-spiritual-retreat/ar-BB10Ax18?ocid=spartandhp

Pope Francis wipes his nose during the Ash Wednesday mass which opens Lent   

VATICAN CITY, March 1 (Reuters) - Pope Francis announced on Sunday that a cold he is suffering from will force him to skip a week-long Lenten spiritual retreat with senior Vatican officials that had been due to start later in the day.

The pope made the surprise announcement to thousands of people in St. Peter's Square during his first public appearance since last Wednesday, when he was seen coughing and sneezing.

Advertisement

"Unfortunately a cold will force me not take part this year (in the retreat). I will follow the meditations from here," he said. It is the first time that Francis has missed the annual retreat south of Rome since his election in March, 2013.

The Vatican had previously said only that he was suffering from a "slight indisposition".

He coughed several times while making his brief address on Sunday and sounded like he had a stuffy nose.

The pope has taken ill at a time when Italy is battling a surging outbreak of the potentially deadly coronavirus. His spokesman Matteo Bruni dismissed on Friday speculation that Francis was anything more than slightly unwell.

"There is no evidence that would lead to diagnosing anything but a mild indisposition," he said.

Italy has registered more than 1,100 confirmed cases of coronavirus since Feb. 20 and at least 29 deaths -- the worst such contagion in Europe.

Francis is missing a part of one lung. It was removed when he was in his early 20s in his native Buenos Aires after an illness. (Reporting by Philip Pullella; Editing by Crispian Balmer)

If it's to be - it's up to me!
Newbie1A View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newbie1A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2020 at 2:49pm

OMG - no idea why it bolded and enlarged the text under photo as if it was heading... sorry but that's goofy!  

Here is actual heading:  Pope says a cold will force him to skip spiritual retreat

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheep Lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2020 at 3:19pm

Originally posted by Albert Albert wrote:

Sheep Lady -  a niman post, followed by a claim of Chloroquine.  Reminds me of things from 15 years ago here.   I will need an answer to your chloroquine post.  

Albert, I was out for a little bit and just got this.  I don't know what happened 15 years ago but I would never post disinformation intentionally.  As I wrote in my other post, my bank held payment on my order  for chloroquine until they verified it was really me ordering.  They typically do check international transactions; I am grateful they do such a good job against fraud.  They asked a few questions about the transaction and I was stunned to hear the billing office is in Bejing. 

After that, my order was approved though they could not tell me where the drugs were being shipped from.   I had to call the pharmacy back to find out where they were coming from.  They told me the drugs were not being shipped from China. The answer was Singapore or India and I immediately cancelled having seen the posts here . The lady was pretty nice asked me why and I said because of Coronavirus to which she stated that she thought is only in China.

I live in a pretty remote area, not knocking you or the site and think I would rather take the risk than have the mail bring it to me.  Each risk is unique to that individual and as I have a lot of health issues, for me it is simply not worth chancing the drugs.  I know you are trying to do a good thing here. 

As for the Neiman guy, whoever he is, I know nothing else about him other than what you have said here today.  I am truly sorry to have caused any difficulties.

Sheep Lady
FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2020 at 3:43pm

Hey I ordered and I will try anything if they reject me from a hospital which they most likely would since I am 70.  I hope I get the pills!  I have Quercetin 500 mg.  also I hope Albert tells us how much of either of these we need to take.  Heck if I can't get into the hospital I will take both of them!!!  Better to die trying than do nothing!!!  I will fight to the end!

I helped my husband fight Pancreatic Cancer 11 years ago until he said enough...that was his call.  I am just a fighter ask any of my friends...call me pit bull...I get a hold and do not let go.

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2020 at 3:58pm

I used to follow Nieman,thought he retired.....sold the company I think,

"Recombinomics"

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Tabitha111 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabitha111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2020 at 4:01pm

I could never understand Nieman ….not one bit.

'A man who does not think and plan long ahead will find trouble right at his door.'
--Confucius

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2020 at 4:02pm

Originally posted by Tabitha111 Tabitha111 wrote:

You are not the only one:).

Thorne! View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thorne! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2020 at 4:52pm

Originally posted by FluMom FluMom wrote:

Originally posted by Tabitha111 Tabitha111 wrote:

You are not the only one:).

Yeah, me neither. I started ignoring him back in the day on PFI.

KiwiMum View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2020 at 5:29pm

Albert, I was out for a little bit and just got this.  I don't know what happened 15 years ago but I would never post disinformation intentionally.  As I wrote in my other post, my bank held payment on my order  for chloroquine until they verified it was really me ordering.  They typically do check international transactions; I am grateful they do such a good job against fraud.  They asked a few questions about the transaction and I was stunned to hear the billing office is in Bejing. 

After that, my order was approved though they could not tell me where the drugs were being shipped from.   I had to call the pharmacy back to find out where they were coming from.  They told me the drugs were not being shipped from China. The answer was Singapore or India and I immediately cancelled having seen the posts here . The lady was pretty nice asked me why and I said because of Coronavirus to which she stated that she thought is only in China.

I live in a pretty remote area, not knocking you or the site and think I would rather take the risk than have the mail bring it to me.  Each risk is unique to that individual and as I have a lot of health issues, for me it is simply not worth chancing the drugs.  I know you are trying to do a good thing here. 

As for the Neiman guy, whoever he is, I know nothing else about him other than what you have said here today.  I am truly sorry to have caused any difficulties.

When mine arrive I'm just going to leave them unopened until we need them (which might not happen), but either way, any virus on the parcel will die given time. The current recommendation is 9 days.

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2020 at 6:57am

Hi Sheep Lady, my apologies.  It was my fault as I had missed your original post.   I didn't get a fraud alert when I did the purchase, but when I tracked it, I was a little surprised to see it coming from India, and then I later learned that India is in control of most drugs like this.  It was also the only site I could find, so I personally took that chance (it's a personal decision for everyone).  Also had no other option as I was under the impression that pharmacies here had none or were running low.   And then of course there was news the UK government was hoarding it, so again just took a chance on the site and moved fast on it, and I did in fact receive it.  It was professionally packaged and looks good, from my view.    There is also no guarantee a Doc will issue an RX, but always worth a shot and is always the best way to go, and again, if pharmacies have it available.  

My apologies again for jumping to conclusions with the post!  When you randomly said on a random post that you were "shook up from your Chloroquine experience", I misread that for obvious reasons.  I initially thought you were retaliating for my slam on niman.  Don't let cancelling an order shake you up.   I always shop online and cancel orders and return things.  It's a way of life. 

I also don't have a problem with niman.  He used to be known as an irritant during the bird flu days with speculation,  but he's a smart guy.  I used to follow him and even worked with him to a degree on the forum.   I don't have a problem with niman whatsoever and used to be fond of the guy.   You can post his news here when you like.  I said it was fake news because what he said was not confirmed, and he referred to a fake news article.  FB flagged our FB group for that exact same article, so I went along with FB's research on it and followed suit. 

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Best,

A

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sheep Lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2020 at 7:39am

Thank you, Albert. 

The news about the virus is growing at such an exponential rate, I panicked and just wanted everyone to know where the drugs were coming from to minimize the risk- especially after seeing an alleged Iranian airline employee who reportedly fell to the tarmac where he worked and later was said to have died.   

One thing this faux pas has taught me is to remember the old posts here.  We used to talk about having decontamination rooms outside your home before you enter, leaving your PPE outside, how to get by without masks, etc.  

Once this really gets going, it will be everywhere I think.  It will invade our cars, the air ducts of our homes, the dirt on our shoes, the produce from our gardens, etc.  It will be carried on the wind to every town and city.  Feel free to correct me if I am wrong;  the mail is going to be the least of our problems. 

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts on all this. I hold this forum in high regard and am very grateful we can come to a source where we can get to the real truth.  God knows we have had enough fake news.

Sheep Lady
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2020 at 8:02am

I decided to research my Chloroquine, and as I researched images, darn near every one of them referred to India, lol.  I wanted to look at the description and packaging of the pills and compare it to what I received, and sure as heck it was identical, so feeling good about it.    This is exactly how it came.  I paid for the express airmail delivery option, and it still took 2-3 weeks as it goes through customs.  You can track your order here with the tracking number they provide.   https://www.ems.post/en/global-network/tracking

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheep Lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2020 at 8:45am

Sure does look professionally processed; I would be confident taking it.  A lot of our drugs are processed in India.

Sheep Lady
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2020 at 9:37am

Thank you, Albert. 

The news about the virus is growing at such an exponential rate, I panicked and just wanted everyone to know where the drugs were coming from to minimize the risk- especially after seeing an alleged Iranian airline employee who reportedly fell to the tarmac where he worked and later was said to have died.   

One thing this faux pas has taught me is to remember the old posts here.  We used to talk about having decontamination rooms outside your home before you enter, leaving your PPE outside, how to get by without masks, etc.  

Once this really gets going, it will be everywhere I think.  It will invade our cars, the air ducts of our homes, the dirt on our shoes, the produce from our gardens, etc.  It will be carried on the wind to every town and city.  Feel free to correct me if I am wrong;  the mail is going to be the least of our problems. 

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts on all this. I hold this forum in high regard and am very grateful we can come to a source where we can get to the real truth.  God knows we have had enough fake news.

Sheeplady, this is a virus, not a fire-breathing dragon!  

Coronaviruses are a constant presence in our environment, and are one of the main causes for human misery from colds and respiratory infections.  This is a novel coronavirus, so it will eventually circulate widely across the globe (let's call a spade a spade, it is already a pandemic) and will become part of our seasonal community infection risk. 

I'm not sure if this virus will increase its lethality over time, but I doubt it - I don't believe coronaviruses re-assort like influenza viruses do, and only time will tell.   However, worrying about stripping off PPE, dirt in our houses etc. is a bit silly.  There are viruses that are literally carried on the wind (foot & mouth disease of cattle is the main one), but this one isn't.   Even a widespread smallpox outbreak wouldn't require these steps, and that one has a case fatality rate of 50%.   

We'll be fine, best strategy right now is to not freak out.   I'll let you know when to freak out, promise.  In the meantime, buy your prescription drugs, watch the news and don't trust everything you read.  Best, Chuck

CRS, DrPH
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2020 at 10:08am

I agree with Chuck. Just because something is coming from China isn’t necessarily reason to avoid it. As was mentioned, just leave it for a while where it will be safe and let time do the disinfecting. Or blast it with Lysol if you think it’s  it’s something that won’t be damaged.

"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheep Lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2020 at 10:18am

Not sure I agree, but many thanks for the grounding in reality; but since you mentioned dragons , I  wish this virus would simply make like Puff and just go away.  

Sheep Lady
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2020 at 10:27am

Definitely agree with Chuck and JD.    And also a learning experience here...  had no idea after research how much China and India control most of the drugs.    Something around 70%, I believe. 

The CDC is also not mentioning the treatment being used on patients, and I find that suspect.  Pretty sure they are using Remdesivir and Chloroquine.   Hard to imagine Chloroquine qould be available soon.

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheep Lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2020 at 10:36am

Definitely agree with Chuck and JD.    And also a learning experience here...  had no idea after research how much China and India control most of the drugs.    Something around 70%, I believe. 

The CDC is also not mentioning the treatment being used on patients, and I find that suspect.  Pretty sure they are using Remdesivir and Chloroquine.   Hard to imagine Chloroquine qould be available soon.

Need to clarify what I mean:  I agree time and disinfecting mail may limit the spread on parcels and mail. I am concerned about air spread in my neighborhood mainly from bats.

Sheep Lady
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2020 at 10:44am

Need to clarify what I mean:  I agree time and disinfecting mail may limit the spread on parcels and mail. I am concerned about air spread in my neighborhood mainly from bats.

I completely understand, thanks for the reply.   What it boils down to is a personal choice.   Since the delivery takes a couple of weeks either way, not worried about it sticking to surfaces with it whatsoever at this stage.    My view is simple, and that it may be good to add chloroquine to your preps how ever you get it.   If you can get it from your Doc, excellent.   

CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2020 at 11:29am

Bats are more of a concern regarding rabies, not coronaviruses!!  Just don't get bit. 

Infectious diseases are part of the ecology....Homeland Security was once worried about the tularemia bacterium as a WMD and had sensors set up to detect if terrorists were spreading it in public spaces. They started to get positive tests and looked into it - it turns out that regular old squirrels host a lot of tularemia (we usually think of sick rabbits, not squirrels).  Just because wild squirrels have the bacterium doesn't mean you are at risk, unless you shoot & clean one, and cut yourself while cleaning it. 

As far as mail goes....viruses don't survive long on dry surfaces.  The protein coat of the coronavirus degrades when exposed to air, so they become non-viable in a matter of hours to days on very dry surfaces.  Mail handling raises heat, has a lot of friction, and is not a source of concern. 

CRS, DrPH
KiwiMum View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2020 at 11:31am

I've ordered some and plan on leaving it in it's packaging until (if) we need it. I'm sure that any viruses on or in the parcel will have died by then.

Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2020 at 11:46am
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2020 at 11:53am

niman…. lol

He hyped it good, but then again, he is niman…. lol

Newbie1A View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Newbie1A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2020 at 7:08am

Well SheepLady your source was a few days early - but whether it was a guess or inside info - MSM has it now...

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/vatican-confirms-first-case-of-coronavirus-days-after-pope-skipped-mass/ar-BB10PO1E?ocid=spartandhp

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic