Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

schools have been told to prepare - Event Date: March 20 2006

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BF WATCHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: schools have been told to prepare
    Posted: March 22 2006 at 3:55pm
    I LIVE IN THE GREAT STATE OF MASS AND WE HAVE FINALLY BEEN TOLD TO PREPARE FOR THE BF IN OUR SCHOOLS... THEY WERE TOLD THAT THE SCHOOLS MAY BE USED FOR HOSPITALS AND THAT HOMEWORK WOULD BE GIVEN BY PHONEDAILY IF THEY WERE TO CLOSE... OH WHAT A RELIEF I HAD A MEETING WITH MY DAUGHTERS'S TEACHER AND I MENTIONED THE BIRD FLU SHE HAD NOT ONE CLUE ABOUT WHAT I WAS REFERING TOO. FINALLY FINALLY!!!!!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2006 at 4:00pm
BF WATCHER....that is great news...did they send your kids home with a paper or verbally instruct you..I am asking so that many other parents on board can watch....was there a news report...
BF WATCHER View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BF WATCHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2006 at 4:11pm
no it was on the radio station from Boston... The teachers have been told to prepare for a bird flu situation. Emergency inst etc...
Falcon View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2006 at 4:11pm

thats great word is finally getting out

I look at the stars and wonder what it would be like to touch them.
momoftwins View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momoftwins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2006 at 4:32pm

Hi BF Watcher!

I'm guessing that you don't live in my area of Mass!!LOL
I live in Worcester County, and I know when I've brough this subject up with my in-laws, I get "the look".....( they think I'm overly paranoid!!!)
My father-in-law (who I love to death) works for the school dept., and he has never even mentioned ANYTHING about schools and BF......
Maybe when he gets back to work next week, he'll have a little memo on his desk???????
My sister also works in the school system in another town and you guessed it, NOTHING!

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2006 at 6:35pm
Could this be the evidence ya'll are looking forWink

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/consumer/8184442/detail.html
BF WATCHER View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BF WATCHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2006 at 7:16pm
2001 thank you.....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic