Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Jay Leno picks on Mike Leavitt for a reason its $$
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Jay Leno picks on Mike Leavitt for a reason its $$

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chargingbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jay Leno picks on Mike Leavitt for a reason its $$
    Posted: March 25 2006 at 2:15am

doing this for a rea$on or is just a joke?

its the money from NBC

http://www.go-star.com/antiquing/leno.htm
>Fortune Magazine reported that Jay Leno "has generated close to $1 billion in profits for NBC"<
chargingbear View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chargingbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 2:37am
http://www.agweb.com/get_article.asp?pageid=126012&src=agcmt
>

Jay Leno: “Secretary of Health and Human Services Michael Leavitt is recommending that Americans keep canned tuna and powdered milk under their beds for when the bird flu hits. Well, that should silence critics who say the Administration doesn't have a plan to deal with the bird flu, huh?

Jay Leno: “Canned tuna and powdered milk under the bed? Where did they get this, from the witches and warlock handbook?

Jay Leno: “Let me tell you something, if all you're using to fight the bird flu is tuna, you can starkist your ass goodbye. Okay?”

Jay Leno: “We are also using US spy satellites to track infected birds with the bird flu. So far, they haven't caught any birds with the bird flu, but they did get two pigeons that had seasonal allergies.”<

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chargingbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 2:53am
why did i focus you all on the hands in the above pictures i showed you??

because jay leno is  a powerfull left handed speaker

vegas asian View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vegas asian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 3:15pm
ConfusedWHAT DOES LEFT HANDED HAVE TO DO WITH JAY LENO. IS THERE OTHER LEFT HANDED SPEAKERS? SORRY I DONT UNDERTAND.
fafhrd View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fafhrd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 3:18pm
Welcome vegas asian.  I don't get it either.
I had a little bird,
his name was Enza;
I opened the window,
and influenza.
fritz View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 3:25pm
Hi. Leno also did a bird flu joke on last night's show ( or maybe it was Thurs. but I think it was last night) He said something like......they tell us that bird flu is going to be worse than AIDS and SARS etc. combined so make sure if you're gonna have sex with a duck to wear a condom. Got a medium laugh sadly.
fritz :>}
"I am only one; but still I am one, I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." -- Hellen Keller
fritz View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 3:26pm
I think left as in democratic party vs republican
"I am only one; but still I am one, I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." -- Hellen Keller
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vegas asian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 3:29pm
TongueTHANK YOU..I HAVE BEEN VISITING THIS FORUM AS A GUEST. I GIVE THANKS TO THIS FORUM AND OTHERS TO WAKE ME UP AND GET PREPARE. I AM A GUESS U CALL IT PREPPIE.
Dualis View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dualis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 3:45pm

Kind of makes you feel sad about it all.  Knowing that you can give people all the info and warnings, but in the end they will act like deer in the head lights anyway

::sigh::
fritz View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 4:00pm
Yes that is true Dualis, very sad.
Welcome VA, Read all you can on the preparedness section of the forum and go shopping this weekend and get as much done as you can. It is alot of work but if you get organized on paper as to what you want to get and where you need to go to get it then your job will be alot easier and less stressfull. Good Luck and if you need any help with anything the people here are very helpful and I'm sure someone will point you in the right direction and answer all questions. take care, fritz:>} 
Viceroy View Drop Down
advanced Member
advanced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viceroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 5:18pm
Because Jay Leno is a late night comedian and its his job to make jokes about current events and public speakers like Levitt?

And please, Leno is a country music fanatic who ownes over 100 cars - he's most certainly not a leftist.

Not to mention Levitts advice is very worthy of ridicule. He should be telling the country to stock up on masks and antivirals, and yet he comes out with tunafish? He's a walking joke and thats the truth. He wasn't even remotely concerned about the bird flu until it got big in the media, and he has admitted to this on several occasions.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by Viceroy Viceroy wrote:

Levitt wasn't even remotely concerned
about the bird flu until it got big in the media, and he has admitted to this on several occasions.

Viceroy,

Are you saying that Levitt is only interested in the Bird Flu because of his own exposure in the media? Do you believe that Levitt thinks that the Bird Flu isn't a cause for concern?
BTW, I agree with you about the tuna fish comment.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 5:39pm
Wow. When did Mr. Leavitt say that he only got concerned about bird flu when it became big in the media?
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vegas asian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 5:54pm

Tongue   I AM DAILY PREPARING MY PANTRY AND MIND WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF  BIRD FLU GOING H2H BUT MAYBE JAY LENO IS TRYING TO DEFUSE THE PANIC WITH COMEDY. IT WORK FOR ME ON THE JOB OR IN STRESSFULL SITUATIONS..JUST MAYBE..

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chargingbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by vegas asian vegas asian wrote:

ConfusedWHAT DOES LEFT HANDED HAVE TO DO WITH JAY LENO. IS THERE OTHER LEFT HANDED SPEAKERS? SORRY I DONT UNDERTAND.

http://www.indiana.edu/~primate/left.html

vegas asian there mainly actors conman comedians and women look at this list

http://www.indiana.edu/~primate/left.html

Left-Handed Actors
Don Adams
Dan Aykroyd
Eddie Albert
Tim Allen
June Allyson
Harry Anderson
Amitabh Bachchan, Indian actor
Herschel Bernardi
Robert Blake
Matthew Broderick
Bruce Boxleitner
Carol Burnett

George Burns, comedian
Ruth Buzzi, comedienne
Sid Caesar, comedian
Keith Carradine
Khaled Chahrour, Egyptian actor
Charlie Chaplin
George Gobel, comedian
Chuck Conners
Hans Conreid
James Cromwell
Tom Cruise
Quinn Cummings
Daniel Davis
Bruce Davison
Matt Dillon
Marty Engles, comedian
Olivia de Havilland
Robert DeNiro
Michael Dorn
Fran Drescher, comedian
Richard Dreyfuss
W.C. Fields
Larry Fine ? (of the Three Stooges)
Peter Fonda
Greta Garbo
Terri Garr
Paul Michael Glaser
Whoopie Goldberg

Betty Grable
Cary Grant
Peter Graves
Mark Hamill
Rex Harrison
Goldie Hawn

Joey Heatherton
Tippi Hedren
Jim Henson, puppetteer
Kermit the Frog
Rock Hudson
Angelina Jolie
Shirley Jones ?
Gabe Kaplan
Danny Kaye
Diane Keaton
George Kennedy
Nicole Kidman
Lisa Kudrow
Michael Landon
Hope Lange
Joey Lawrence
Peter Lawford
Cloris Leachman
Hal Linden
Cleavon Little
Shirley MacLaine
Andrew McCarthy
Kristy McNichol
Steve McQueen
Howie Mandel, comedian
Marcel Marceau, mime
Harpo Marx
Marsha Mason
Mary Stuart Masterson
Anne Meara, comedian

Sasha Mitchell
Marilyn Monroe
Robert Morse
Anthony Newley
Kim Novak
Ryan O'Neal
Sarah Jessica Parker
Estelle Parsons
Anthony Perkins
Ron Perlman
Luke Perry
Bronson Pinchot
Joe Piscopo, comedian
Robert Preston
Michael J. Pollard
Richard Pryor, comedian
Robert Redford
Keanu Reeves
Don Rickles, comedian
Julia Roberts
Mickey Rourke
Eva Marie Saint
Telly Savalas
Jean Seberg
Jerry Seinfeld, comedian
Christian Slater
Dick Smothers, comedian
Brent Spiner
Slyvester Stallone ?
Terence Stamp
Jessica Steen
Rod Steiger
Alan Thicke
Terry Thomas, comedian
Emma Thompson
Rip Torn
Peter Ustinov
Brenda Vaccaro
Karen Valentine

Rudy Vallee
Dick Van Dyke
Graham Walker a.k.a. Grumbleweeds, English comedian
Wil Wheaton
James Whitmore
Treat Williams
Bruce Willis
William Windom
Oprah Winfrey

Mare Winningham
Joanne Woodward
Keenan Wynn
Stephanie Zimbalist
Jadeka View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jadeka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2006 at 12:06am
Originally posted by Viceroy Viceroy wrote:

Because Jay Leno is a late night comedian and its his job to make jokes about current events and public speakers like Levitt?

Exactly. Wink
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vegas asian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2006 at 8:06am
Ouch  i am left handed too..scary. I just seen a piece on Mad TV about the bird flu it was weird. I guess comedy is the best medicine.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2006 at 9:21am
Originally posted by vegas asian vegas asian wrote:

Ouch  i am left handed too..scary. I just seen a piece on Mad TV about the bird flu it was weird. I guess comedy is the best medicine.
We're waiting...I'll bite, I have not seen the TV piece, tell us about the "piece on Mad TV", what was weird?
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vegas asian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2006 at 10:59am
WHAT WAS WEIRD IS THAT THEY DID A PIECE ON SESAME STREET. WITH BIG BIRD AS THE INFECTED BIRD. THE OTHER ANIMALS OR PUPPETS THEN DIED. I HAVE A DAUGHTER WHO LOVED THAT SHOW SO I THOUGHT THE SPIN WAS A LITTLE SICK OR WEIRD. ESPECIALLY TICKLE ME ELMO DYING AT THE END ..WE STILL HAVE ELMO IN HER ROOM. I JUST THINK NOW THE PUBLIC IS GETTING THE INFO BY THE MEDIA  AND PRESENTING IT ON TV IN THAT FASION IS WEIRD OR/AND REDICULOUS.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2006 at 11:27am
[QUOTE=vegas asian]"...BIG BIRD AS THE INFECTED BIRD. THE OTHER ANIMALS OR PUPPETS THEN DIED..."QUOTE] It sounds like Mad-TV missed an excellent opportunity to reach a large section of the public. A following public announcement on self-preparedness at home during a pandemic would have made a great impact. I’m sorry it was not presented with their feature.
Fiddlerdave View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlerdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2006 at 11:50am
Yeah, MAD TV!  Step up to the plate!  Our government officials sure won't!!  We need our comedy programs to save us!
Dave
"Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for us"!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2006 at 11:59am

Ah Dave, I thought any tool used to save lives was a good idea. Mad-TV has the audience to raise awareness and save lives through preparedness. It was just my thoughts and opinion.I'm going to repost under Mad-TV.

Viceroy View Drop Down
advanced Member
advanced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viceroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2006 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by aurora aurora wrote:

Wow. When did Mr. Leavitt say that he only got concerned about bird flu when it became big in the media?

In other pandemic flu news, Secretary of Health and Human Services Mike Leavitt said that a reason the US still doesn't have a pandemic plan finalized is because the public wasn't interested:

The Bush administration, says Leavitt, did not do more about bird flu before now because most Americans were not worried about it.

"The public," says Leavitt, "has not until recently found this to be a compelling issue."

But now, he says, the administration is paying a lot of attention — with a detailed plan to be released soon.

That's some good governmentin' there, folks! Don't worry about what's actually important--just focus on what's popular. As that Orbit gum girl says, "Brilliant!"

Levitt's as useless as Mike Brown and Chertoff - another Bush crony in a job way over his head.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic