Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

If you were the president what would you do?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: If you were the president what would you do?
    Posted: April 04 2006 at 3:46pm
Close the hospitals/the schools the public transport network/the airports/the borders?  Compel people in key jobs to work? Bring in the military to keep order? To take over essential jobs.  Quarantine people? Introduce food, fuel and gas rationing.  Introduce information systems so people kneww the death toll and the sickness figures in their town/street.  How would you distribute the tamiflu left available for the general population? How would you get it securely to the recipients.  How would you deal with robbing/looting.  Any ideas welcome.
ohmmmm View Drop Down
advanced Member
advanced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohmmmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2006 at 4:08pm
First of all, for the good of the nations I would save myself and my family.  Second of all, I would congratualte Rumsfeld for his great investment in Tamiflu years ago, finally I would blame Iran. 

Seriously, I think that if the pandemic is as pervasive and deadly as suggested, then all one could ask people to do is stay in their house, wash their hands and pray.  I would, via the fireside chat, ask all people that provide vital services to show up for work, especially truck drivers who transport food, fuel and maskmanine. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2006 at 7:35pm

I would control the borders within 24 hours, tell my generals to hell with being PC get results, arrest most of the Democratic leadership for sedition, put the same tariffs, and trade barriers on other countries as the US faces, stop all foreign aid to countries that actively work against the US, post a $1billion prize for the person or persons that comes up with a viable alternative to gasoline as a fuel source, apologize to Serbia, ask that no able bodied person be on welfare, those that are on welfare must pass a drug test (just like those of us who work) give the UN 24 hours to get out of the country, convert the UN building to housing for the poor, stop worshiping at the alter of a "Global Economy", preserve the manufacturing base of the US, encourage the Mexican people to overthrow their corrupt government, increase funding for school loans so anyone who wants to better themselves has a better chance to succeed, and recommend that everyone has a 3 month supply of food and water put back for any emergencies that might come up. The second day I would look into this Bird Flu and see what should be done so far as risk vs benefits.

Thomas Angel View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomas Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2006 at 7:51pm
#1.  I would send every man woman and child $1,000.00 apiece and tell them to prep for the pandemic, (food and water and meds).

And there wouldn't be any delays in doing so.

#2.  I would issue every man woman and child a NBC and detailed instructions on usage, filter replacement, and decontamination procedures.

# 3.  I would issue a shoot on site order for any member of the media and or government agency that did not fully disclose to the public what they know when they know it.

#4.  I would direct every community to establish a well-armed, militarised militia in order that the peace be kept continually, that quarantines could be maintained in order to prevent any chaos or breakdown of society, and stop this damn flu in its tracks before it destroys everything we hold near and dear to our hearts.

That would solve most of the problem.
I LIKE SCARY RIDES
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2006 at 8:08pm
Thomas,
Are you still pissed off at that female reporter?  Lol
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomas Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2006 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by Texasgirl Texasgirl wrote:

Thomas,
Are you still pissed off at that female reporter?  Lol
Yeppers, I certainly am.  The list is quite long actually, I'm afraid.Wink
I LIKE SCARY RIDES
Spirit View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2006 at 11:02pm
Oh..what happened..or is that old news?
“How now, Spirit! whither wander you?”
- Shakespeare.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2006 at 11:11pm
http://www.avianflutalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5038

Go to this site and you can read the entire story.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2006 at 1:33am
I would make Colonal Sanders Secretary of State and have Thomas Angel as his bodyguard.
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomas Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2006 at 4:46am
Originally posted by harpmandoodle harpmandoodle wrote:

I would make Colonal Sanders Secretary of State and have Thomas Angel as his bodyguard.
Hell, I'm the one in constant need of personal security, lol.LOL
I LIKE SCARY RIDES
TomMI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2006 at 7:55am
I would resign immediately!!!
A sensible man watches for problems ahead and prepares to meet them. The simpleton never looks and suffers the consequences.
oknut View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oknut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2006 at 8:12am
TomMI - you made me laugh this morning - Thanks
guest View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2006 at 8:29am
Hay my husband is a truck driver , and {He's not going anywhere} When this , or if this comes !!! 

a little off the question but here is a link i found if I can get it to work!
tonseck View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonseck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2006 at 8:33am
I would shoot myself for the good of the nation.  After taking out the VP.
Don't be afraid to be afraid; it keeps you on your toes.
Breeze26 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breeze26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2006 at 8:35am
I was going to post about the truck drivers too.  My DH delivers propane to homes here in MI.  Scary thought that he would have to be out in this.  On the other hand little contact with people in his line of work. 
Human beings can always be relied upon to exert, with vigor, their God-given right to be stupid. Dean Koontz
Breeze26 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breeze26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2006 at 8:36am
Dispenser 4 HIR I totally agree with what you said.  Drug testing for welfare receip. would be ideal, also private investigators to catch the ones driving a bentley to pick up their food stamps.

Not trying to get on a high horse, I've just seen alot of abuse of the system and it's unfortunate.  I used to work for a middle eastern restaurant and all the owners wives were on FIA.  In the US you can't marry your first cousin and their wives were their first cousins, so they would get a small check issued to them every week as if they were working in their hubby's restaurant (they wouldn't have to go to work 1st) and they would receive financial aid, EBT (food stamps) and the cash assistance.

Isn't america great!
Human beings can always be relied upon to exert, with vigor, their God-given right to be stupid. Dean Koontz
sweetpea View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetpea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2006 at 8:39am
breeze26 - illegals w/fake IDs
"When an emergency arises, the time for preparation is past."
Breeze26 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breeze26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2006 at 8:45am
Many in my community, and I use that term loosely, aren't foreigners.  They are drug dealers.  Cash money=welfare
tonseck View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonseck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2006 at 9:00am
Boy, did this thread take a right turn.
Tea4Two View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tea4Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2006 at 9:27am
I would order the insurance companies that are running Medicare, to mail a free 6 month supply of current medications to all Medicare patients along with a first aide/flu kit and drop all co-pays. Medicaid should do the same thing. I would boost the commodities program to actually supply a months worth of food and water, every month, and distribute masks, hand sanitizers etc. and ask the food banks to identify low-income families and deliver a three month supply of food and supplies and alternate heat. Oil companies could be required to supply alternate heat for the poor, from their windfall profits. Nationwide food drives by churches, Rotary clubs etc. Free installation of solar panels or wood stoves for those who need them.   Free water and rain barrels and bleach. States that recycle plastic soda bottles could require the bottling companies to purify and distribute the bottles filled with water.
TomMI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2006 at 9:29am

Hi OkNUt!!!  looks like Carpenter and I share the same viewpoint. Actually, I think a fair sentence for good ol W would be a little hard labor helping to rebuild the levy and maybe a few homes down in Louisiana. That would suit me just fine.

A sensible man watches for problems ahead and prepares to meet them. The simpleton never looks and suffers the consequences.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2006 at 9:40am
I think we are forgetting that the President cannot do anything without an OK from both houses of Congress.  A president can introduce legislation and can veto it, but cannot make any changes in money appropriation without a vote from congress.

With those limitations, a president may only be able to educate the residents of this country (via HHS) and to work with the other branches of government to try to prepare.  The President probably has to be careful about making specific statements about preparedness - a statement from a President is much different than from a cabinet member or head of a department.

This may also be an issue at the state levels as well.  Money appropriation from a governor probably needs to go through both houses of the state legislature in order to provide funding related to AI preparedness (or anything else for that matter).  All of that takes time...sometimes more than what we would like.
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomas Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2006 at 9:56am
Originally posted by carpenter carpenter wrote:

Boy, did this thread take a right turn.
It's more like it fell off the edge of the earth!   LOL
I LIKE SCARY RIDES
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomas Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2006 at 9:58am
Originally posted by Tea4Two Tea4Two wrote:

I would order the insurance companies that are running Medicare, to mail a free 6 month supply of current medications to all Medicare patients along with a first aide/flu kit and drop all co-pays. Medicaid should do the same thing. I would boost the commodities program to actually supply a months worth of food and water, every month, and distribute masks, hand sanitizers etc. and ask the food banks to identify low-income families and deliver a three month supply of food and supplies and alternate heat. Oil companies could be required to supply alternate heat for the poor, from their windfall profits. Nationwide food drives by churches, Rotary clubs etc. Free installation of solar panels or wood stoves for those who need them.   Free water and rain barrels and bleach. States that recycle plastic soda bottles could require the bottling companies to purify and distribute the bottles filled with water.
I see someone else is thinking also.
I LIKE SCARY RIDES
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2006 at 10:10am
TA youd get all the chicken buckets for free.
tonseck View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonseck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2006 at 11:09am
Serious post:  I would  immediately begin a nationwide education program and require the major networks to carry it.  If things get bad, that means declaring a state of emergency and suspending parts of the Constitution.  The needs of the nation for security override the right to show Jerry Springer all day.

The Defense budget would immediately be halved, and the money put into the CDC budget for research into a vaccine and preps.  Drug companies would be nationalized and become non-profit.

We have a new law in Massachusetts which mandates health insurance coverage.  In the coming emergency, insurance would be moot.  Thinking of how to pay for a pandemic would just paralize the country.  All who need it get treatment, and home prep kits would be distributed by the Feds through local town governments.

Travel quarantines would begin at once, with local quarantine zones to control spread of AI.  It would not be global (not world global, everyone in the country global)  home quarantine unless there was a local outbreak.  Borders sealed (REALLY sealed) until the emergency is over.

Daily updates through TV and radio.  Immediate firing squad for looters.  No excuse for it if supplies are freely available through the locals and supplied by the Feds.

React fast, ask questions later.  It will take leadership, which we are sadly short of lately, in both the Executive and Congress.  Let's take back our country.
endman View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote endman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2006 at 12:21pm
Finish the War in IRAQ and get out we would need all the troops here asp.
The troops will be useless in Iraq if they would know that their loved ones are in danger.
a. Create stockpiles of food, medicine and fuel in each state.
b. Speedup the education of Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics, Police, and Fireman
c. Close all the public places restaurants, cafes, cinemas, libraries, est.
d. Install disinfecting facilities in and around public places
e. Eliminate money from circulation for the time of pandemic
f. Start vaccinating programs in all schools NOW
g. Create a nightly update program on the spread of epidemic and quarantine         places.
h. Impose 90% tax on the Rich $500,000 and above.
i. Impose the marshal Law and curfews in big cities.
j. Close all the borders
Beth View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2006 at 12:44pm
Nice one endman! 
Also I have separately thought that BF would bring and end to the war in Iraq.  As you say, we'd need all our troops at home.  And as you say they'd be too concerned for their families to be much use out there.  Uk govt said as part of their pandemic plan statement thet came out a few days ago thet they would not have encough troops at home and would not be able to bring any back from abroad.  I think they'd have to.
tonseck View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonseck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2006 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by endman endman wrote:

f. Start vaccinating programs in all schools NOW

Endman,

What would you use to start the vaccinating program?  Everyone but the Russians say that an effective vaccine is three years away.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2006 at 7:22pm
Interesting how many socialist viewpoints we have here isn't it? 
I can't believe some of the post are serious.  The question did apply to now, not when / if a pandemic happens. 

Close all public places.  Why?
90% tax on $500.000 and above?  Punish those who acheive exellence?  Wealth redistribution?  Theft?
Manditory health care coverage?  What is the tax rate in Masssachusetts?  Have you looked at France lately?
Travel quarentines?  Why and good luck.
Free heat to the poor?  How many freeze to death each year vs how many die of heat stroke.  I never see anyone wanting to give free ac to the poor in the south.
$1000 to every man woman and child in the US?  Ok that is about 1/3 of a Trillion dollars.  Since almost 1/2 of the US population does not pay income taxes that means the average family of 4 now has $8000 additional in taxes.  I would guess the 35% would be spent on drugs, alcohol, and lap dances, 30% on a new TV, 30% on vacations or new clothes, 4% can't read english so they don't know it is a check, 0.5% pay off a credit card, and 0.5% actually buy food suitable for storage.

araywood View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote araywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2006 at 7:51pm
goto camp david
NO NEWS IS WHO NEWS
Breeze26 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breeze26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2006 at 7:59pm
Good point dispenser! 

What could the president do now? 

Am I sure that he cares about the percentage that could die from this?  NO.  If you think about it many who die would be the poor.  Families that don't have access to health care or money available to stockpile food.  If a larger percentage of the poor die, then there is less tax dollars needed to support them. 

Okay this is rather cynical but in reality it's true. 

What should the president do? 

Right now I don't think anything but advising the people to stock up on nonperishables, make them aware that a pandemic may occur, and start education on proper disinfection techniques.

On the government level, put pressure on countries to quickly release data on the h5n1 strains.  Also, decreasing the amount of time for confirmation of H5N1 postive patients.  Increase production of Tamiflu, order more supplies for hospitals, and increase the capacities of patients a hospital can handle.

How can America pay for this?  Well we could cut out House and Senate pet projects.
Breeze26 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breeze26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2006 at 8:07pm
Okay after posting this I realized that I contradicted myself with the fact that the poor can not afford to stock up and then stating that the president should recommend stocking up. 

I'm out of ideas except for rice, rice and more rice.  It's cheap.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2006 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by Breeze26 Breeze26 wrote:

Okay after posting this I realized that I contradicted myself with the fact that the poor can not afford to stock up and then stating that the president should recommend stocking up. 

I'm out of ideas except for rice, rice and more rice.  It's cheap.

I would be willing to wager that most, but not all of the poor could stock up.  Did you know that most smokers are from the ranks of the poor?  That is what? $3-4 a pack now?  How about that 6-pack now and then?
$100 will get you 50lb of beans, 50lbs of rice, and $20 to buy water jugs.  I think it is more a matter of will than budget.  I will admit that the street people will basically be at the mercy of everyone else.

PS If Bush did not love the poor so much, why is he insisting on open borders, and granting amnesty to 12million illegal aliens?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2006 at 8:58pm
What should the president do now?

I believe that he should build a couple factories in order to make a vaccine when the time comes, assuming that they could be built in time. 

However, they'd just end up outsourcing all those jobs to India anyway, so why not build the factories there to begin with?
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomas Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2006 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by DISPENSER 4 HIR DISPENSER 4 HIR wrote:

$1000 to every man woman and child in the US?  Ok that is about 1/3 of a Trillion dollars.  Since almost 1/2 of the US population does not pay income taxes that means the average family of 4 now has $8000 additional in taxes.  I would guess the 35% would be spent on drugs, alcohol, and lap dances, 30% on a new TV, 30% on vacations or new clothes, 4% can't read english so they don't know it is a check, 0.5% pay off a credit card, and 0.5% actually buy food suitable for storage.
What's another third of a trillion dollars when the deficit is already 8.2 trillion?  There could be a voucher sysytem, like a ration book that would only allow the $1000.00 to be spent on food water and meds.  I wasn't spending alot of time with details when I posted that point of the program, just formulating a general proposal instead of sitting there with my  thumb up my butt like the idiots in Washington.  I was trying to say that something could be done by the government if they really wanted to do something, and that if they did and someone "screwed off" their preps at least no one could say that the government didn't do the minimum to help it's citizens.  People in need should receive aid for prepping, it's the only compassionate response, the only humanistic response there is.

What is your plan DISPENSER 4 HIR?  I didn't see it here, guess I was blinded by your critism of everyone else's ideas. Oh, wait. There it is!  So much better than anything everyone else suggested...LOL
I LIKE SCARY RIDES
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2006 at 9:47pm
QUIT WITH YOUR POLITCAL BUSH BASHING.  I'M SICK OF IT AND SO ARE MOST OF THE OTHER PEOPLE ON THIS SITE!
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomas Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2006 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Annere Annere wrote:

QUIT WITH YOUR POLITCAL BUSH BASHING.  I'M SICK OF IT AND SO ARE MOST OF THE OTHER PEOPLE ON THIS SITE!
I hope you aren't addressing me.  I'm just anti-politician period. makes no difference which political party.  It's all the same, they're all lying to everyone, trying to stay in office.
I LIKE SCARY RIDES
Breeze26 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breeze26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2006 at 4:08am
I hope Annere wasn't referring to me either.  I'm not trying to bash Bush, all presidents are basically the same.  Just a different face.
tonseck View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonseck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2006 at 4:11am

How can you possibly speak for "most of the other people on this site"?  Get a grip, breath deep, and jump back in.
oknut View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oknut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2006 at 4:35am
on a lighter note ...

change the national anthem to Little Pink Houses so we can all sing along
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2006 at 5:38am
When I started this thread I was tempted to put "prime minister" as I'm from the UK.  But I thought youguys were mostly Americans. No I meant the head of stae whatever you call him/her.  Nothing personal about Bush.  "The government" if you like.
Oknut what are the word/tune for little pink houses - I like it!
oknut View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oknut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2006 at 5:42am
Here ya go Beth -
There’s a black man with a black cat
Living in a black neighbourhood
He’s got an interstate runnin’ through his front yard
You know, he think, that he’s got it so good
And there’s a woman in the kitchen cleanin’ up the evening slop
And he looks at her and says: hey darling, I can remember when you could stop a clock

Chorus:
Oh but ain’t that america for you and me
Ain’t that america we’re someting to see baby
Ain’t that america, home of the free
Little pink houses for you and me

Well there’s a young man in a t-shirt
Listening to a rockin’ rollin’ station
He’s got a greasy hair, greasy smile
He says: lord, this must be my destination
’cuz they told me, when I was younger
Boy, you’re gonna be president
But just like everyting else, those old crazy dreams
Just kinda came and went

Chorus:

Well there’s people and more people
What do they know know know
Go to work in some high rise
And vacation down at the gulf of mexico
Ohhh yeah
And there’s winners, and there’s losers
But they ain’t no big deal
’cuz the simple man baby pays for the thrills,
The bills and the pills that kill

Chorus:

by John Mellencamp
TomMI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2006 at 5:44am
One of my favorite tunes!!
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomas Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2006 at 7:44am
Originally posted by carpenter carpenter wrote:

How can you possibly speak for "most of the other people on this site"?  Get a grip, breath deep, and jump back in.
Yeah,carpenter, I caught that too.  I just love it when someone  posts something like that on forum.  They instantly loose all credibility.
I LIKE SCARY RIDES
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic