Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Govt to abolish paper cash during pandemic?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaxMax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Govt to abolish paper cash during pandemic?
    Posted: April 19 2006 at 10:12am
Knowledgeable confidential sources have said that US has contingency plans to switch to debit type cards (like was given to Katrina hurricane victims) during a worst case scenario Pandemic- abolishing paper cash.

However, these plans are ONLY contingent in an EXTREME PANDEMIC and will NOT be discussed in President's plan, due to explosive political reaction.

Advantages of abolishing paper cash:

1. Hygiene- presumably paper money would be infected and spread germs 

2. Tax collection- substantial increase if ALL transactions are of record

3. Crime fighting- a significant tool to track and combat crime, particularly drug trade

4. Counterfeiting- purportedly decreased by electronic transfer

5. Use as a  food  and medical care rationing mechanism, increased government central control 

6. Increased profit for banks, less armored cars etc. ALL banking could be then conducted electronically, no live tellers.

Disadvantages of abolishing paper cash:

1. Expected political firestorm- could only occur during an EXTREME emergency

2. The US dollar is still the world currency, this would be eroded if no paper cash. Currently the Euro is gaining status as alternate currency. Oil contracts are beginning to be written in Euros.

Edited by JaxMax - April 19 2006 at 4:03pm
He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm.Proverbs 13:20, The Bible
JaxMax View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaxMax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 10:17am
PS I forgot to add, the story about printing currency outside the US is supposed to be a cover for the switch. The foreign countries are expected to be effected as we are, then only backup is electronic trransfer.
He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm.Proverbs 13:20, The Bible
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 10:25am
IMHO and not desiring to step on any toes but this is all sounding like a familiar book script to me. Hmmm, let's see...the next step; accept the "credit card" as a chip in your forehead or hand and then you can recieve rations and you even can buy and sell. Who do you have to pledge allegiance to in order to accept the chip? (mark) And what will happen to those who do not? If all the economies of the world are linked, isn't it easier to have one government? Especially after the chaos this will bring? So many leaders could become ill. So many implications to this all encompassing event. By the way, on an interesting note...the world population clock says that the number of man will be 6,660,000,000 on roughly October 29, 2006! Maranatha!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 10:35am

I would really like to see a CREDIBLE link for the source.  With out it, it is just "fiction".

2ifbyC View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2ifbyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 10:46am
Originally posted by standingfirm standingfirm wrote:

this is all sounding like a familiar book script to me. 

Fact: Cards were issued post-Katrina
Fact: US currency to be printed overseas if necesary

The 'pros' in the first post have been a manifesto  pushed by both the government and business due to better accounting, traceability, revenue collection and lower maintenance costs.

Actually I would like to see our politicians be issued the cards first!

As to where this could all go from there...Question

Survival does have an 'I'!

Dodging 'canes on Florida's central Gulf Coast
endman View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote endman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 12:50pm
  No way I will be paying by credit card if they take the paper money away
It stated write on the money itself this is legal tender for all debts public and pirate
If the stores will not take my money I will walk with my groceries anyway.
First the feds started to search our bag now then they wanted to take our money
What next microchip in my brain
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by endman endman wrote:

No way I will be paying by credit card if they take the paper money away
It stated write on the money itself this is legal tender for all debts public and pirate
If the stores will not take my money I will walk with my groceries anyway.
First the feds started to search our bag now then they wanted to take our money
What next microchip in my brain

The "money" in your pocket has no value what so ever, except that it is backed by the United States of America.   If you just walk away, more than likely you will wind up in a small space with folks who are infected.  Briefly banishing hard currency probably would not be a bad idea.  Just take the cash in yout pocket to a police station and have it tested for Cocaine.  I bet half of it is "infected".   a virus can travel in cash as easily as cocaine.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 2:09pm
This is not that far fetched. One of the reasons the Euro was introduced, was that all of the Off Shore Cash in Marks, Pesatas ect was going to be worthless after a certain date. People had to convert it, or lose it after a certain date. BIG BROTHER!!   
endman View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote endman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 2:16pm

Not bad idea Yes but what else can they take it away from you
Your kids (they maybe sick with BF)
Your house (because they will burn your house)
Your job  (because you may have to attend to sick people or go to war)
Your right to choose ( because they need you somewhere else)
Your right to vote (because you may elect a different government that dose care about you)
Pandemic is not freedom to take

Fastcard View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fastcard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 2:21pm
It is all just so convienient, the power that past disaster , allow those in power to take. Disturbing but totally in line with past actions.

A Bible verse that is just perfect...... for the situation.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 2:28pm
endman.....PLZ, you misunderstand me. I feel this is NOT a good situation to be in. It would not suprise me that they will use this to take away more of our "Rights".

Ashcroft's idea, I would bet.  
endman View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote endman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 2:45pm
no problem 911bob
 it just frustrating to see that people will do what the government tells them to do without asking why. The paper money is the last free thing we may have
Everything else is traceable and recordable. Your telephone calls your medical records your car, your salary,
Scotty View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 2:46pm
JaxMax: Your theory would certainly match recent events in Europe where governments appear to be planning to put everything we think, do and say into a database alongside our D.N.A. and other records.

They can do this by stealth or even quite openly. I would guess that the only country in the western world that would offer much resistance would be the U.S.A. and a pandemic might be a one time opportunity to push it through.

Without wishing to upset anyone I would also mention that the early news is what really counts and this is often circumstantial rather than provable. I'm always grateful to those who can sniff the wind and sense the storm.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 3:12pm

In trading the Markets, the old saying goes something like this. “Buy on the rumor, sell on the news” Using this technique you will in most cases profit. What I wish most of all is to “Profit” from this forum, as I have for the benefit of my family and myself. More people need to wake up and “smell the coffee”.

”.

Edited by 911bob - April 19 2006 at 3:17pm
JaxMax View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaxMax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 3:46pm

twoolf-

We will have to carefully analyze the President's proposal on the Pandemic for language suggesting or denying the information. Historically, however there is NO dispute that Executive authority has permitted the "restriction" of cash during ANY emergency and this power was delegated to the Federal Reserve. This authority was originally documented as far back as the Kennedy Administration in Executive Order 11084 http://www.lib.umich.edu/govdocs/jfkeo/eo/11094.htm
and the resulting modificiations, revisions, rescisions, and authorization of authority to the Federal reserve codified in subsequent Executive Orders and statutes.

Simply ask yourself, if the Federal reserve can modify, restrict or enlarge the money supply during normal times, do you doubt they could do so during an Emergency? When the cash itself is infected? Look on the dollar bill, it is a Federal Reserve Note after all.

The question is not WHETHER cash could be recalled due to health emergencies, and replaced by a type of debit cards,but whether politically it would be done.

If cash is recalled, hopefully Congress would have a time limit after which cash would be restored. The law could be called the "Financial Privacy Act"  
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 5:07pm
Jaxmax,

I have no doubt that through executive order, OR act of congress, that cash could be recalled.  My point was that "money" now is more of a book keeping device than having any intrinsic value.  Thats why gold and silver have gone through the roof in recent months.  Its REAL.  You could go to your job, work all week, get paid by direct deposit, buy your groceries And NEVER see a bit of "money".  All your bills CAN be paid without having contaminated "money" in you pocket.  Frankly, I  have carried very little "cash" for the last 3 years.   Except for the bullion silver I own, I have no "cash" or "money" to speak of.   The point being that it CAN be done.  But, you are right.  The political realities are something totally different.  Most folks dont realize that the "money" in their pockets have no more value than toilet paper, except that the U.S. government says it will stand behind it.   That will probably change as the national debt continues to skyrocket. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 5:13pm
Jaxman, if this is true, then it fits in with what I have been studying along other lines, and the near future does not look good for us.
I don't want to go into it here, but I would suggest people get ready for more than just bird flu.
JaxMax View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaxMax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 5:16pm
twoolf-

Thanks for the post.

I have been given a list of items to look for in the Pandemic plan which will be necessary precursors to withdrawing cash. I will be looking and post my findings.
JaxMax View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaxMax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 5:22pm
Mountainwinds-

I know exactly of what you are speaking.

Edited by JaxMax - April 19 2006 at 5:54pm
tonseck View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonseck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 5:25pm
There are whole communities in the Northeast that live on a barter economy.  Sounds like it's time to spread the word.
Don't be afraid to be afraid; it keeps you on your toes.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 5:26pm
Amen Jaxmax.
Annie B. View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie B. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 5:49pm

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 6:44pm
I was at a conference today with Starbucks.  In their summary of their response to Katrina, they outlined what they did for their employees in the region.  Over 60% of their employees got paid routinely by paper check, they did not have electronic deposit or even in many cases a bank account.  Prior to the hurricane making landfall  Starbucks made the decision to err on the side of taking care of their employees and the "pre-paid" everyone by FedExing payroll checks to everyone by assuming the number of hours the employee would likely work the week of the Hurricane.  Then after it hit, the company pushed out two $500 grants to every employee.  These grants were in the form of American Express Cash cards.  They knew from prior experience that many of their employees (all those without banks) would have a very hard time cashing the checks.  Banks in the region, particularly cash machines, ran out of cash.  But these cards were exactly the same as cash.  It was a good system.  Cash cards (also debit) and credit cards are not the same.  Within a day or so of landfall, they were made aware that many of the payroll checks distributed prior to the Hurricane had not been cashed and could not be cashed in the region.  Starbucks had to make an agreement with Winn-Dixie to cash payroll checks for its displaced people, because the banks couldn't do it.

My point is, thinking outside of the box with things like cash cards, is a good idea.  If nothing else, it gives you more than one way to buy things.  Think about it, what if a store doesn't want its employees to handle cash but its the only option for shopping? 
JaxMax View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaxMax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 6:56pm
BlueSky-

Thanks for the post.

I am not especially high tech, but I tend to use my debit cards far more than cash, especially since you can get cash back.Even at the Post Office! 

It will be very hard to argue against cash cards when the paper cash is contaminated with viruses.I can not think of one logical reason aginst them if the paper is infected.

There is just a certain ominous wariness of discarding cash.
gogo View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gogo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 7:59pm
You can't keep cash in a safe deposit box.

If you can't do what you choose with your property, is it really yours?

No.  So why be surprised if you are forced to trade it for digits of equally dubious value?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2006 at 5:02am
I'm from the uk.  Could someone please tell me what the cards are that were issued for Katrina and how they worked.  Beth
Corn View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2006 at 5:12am
They won't eliminate the toilet paper trail...
also todays new us currency has a magnetic strip in it...can't hide it anymore. they come in with their detectors and find it.

i love the way they use the term"Drug dealers"  to get all these laws passed.
Speculation is the only tool we have with a threat that can circle the globe in 30 days. Test results&news is slow.Factor in human conditions,politics, money&bingo!The truth!Facts come after the fact.
JaxMax View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaxMax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2006 at 6:35am
Beth-

Good to hear from you.

After Hurricane Katrina the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) gave victims a $2,000 debit card issued by the government.

They used the card instead of cash, like a prepaid credit card.

There was a lot of fraud which made the news. Victims got multiple cards under different names, purchased luxury items, gambled, prostitution, lap dances, drinking binges etc.

Katrina did however, serve as a successful introduction of mass electronic funds after a disaster instead of cash.This process elimnated transportation bottlenecks of cash delivery.
P_S_N View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P_S_N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2006 at 8:07am
Maybe all of us have been unwittingly playing right into the hands of big brother by using cash less and debit and credit cards more. Yes money is dirty but so are the keys and wands on the debit card machines. Using debit cards also gives anyone who can gain the access a list of what you have been buying, including all of those preps in the garage, basement, closet or wherever.
I have a debit card and lately I have been using it mostly to just withdraw cash from my bank which I then spend for what ever I purchase, including my preps, so no paper trail that I have any preps. As for those store club cards....I just use a fake name and address after all when you hand them the form they give you the card and since I'm paying in cash they don't know that the name on the card is not my own.
Cash will always be here unless we give in and quit using it and allow a paper trail to be created. Barter is a gret way to get what one needs if the other party is willing.
The best reasons for using cash...You always know how much money you have or do not have. You cannot become overdrawn. Spray some Lysol on your cash and use cash, keep the debit card in your wallet and only use it when you must.
JaxMax View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaxMax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2006 at 2:42pm
PSN-

Thanks for the post.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2006 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by JaxMax JaxMax wrote:

Beth-
 Thanks Jaxmax.  That soulnds like a good idea, at least if they could fraud proof it.  On a related topic, it was in our papers this morning that we sent £5 million pounds worth of army ration kits to the Katrina victims but US wouldn't have them because they contained beef.  They thought it was British beef that might have BSE, but actually it was Argentinian.  Love, Beth
Good to hear from you.

After Hurricane Katrina the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) gave victims a $2,000 debit card issued by the government.

They used the card instead of cash, like a prepaid credit card.

There was a lot of fraud which made the news. Victims got multiple cards under different names, purchased luxury items, gambled, prostitution, lap dances, drinking binges etc.

Katrina did however, serve as a successful introduction of mass electronic funds after a disaster instead of cash.This process elimnated transportation bottlenecks of cash delivery.
JaxMax View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaxMax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2006 at 3:01pm
Beth-

Thanks for the post.

Katrina was our foulest hour.

Total foulup until the military came in and saved the day.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2006 at 3:25pm

PS I forgot to add, the story about printing currency outside the US is supposed to be a cover for the switch. The foreign countries are expected to be effected as we are, then only backup is electronic trransfer.
That makes complete sense. I couldn't figure this out before, who could we trust to print our currency with the fraud protections etc. So, we'll have a case of
1. Oooops, other country (s) can't do it either, so
2. CArds
JaxMax View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaxMax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2006 at 5:19pm
Femvet-

Thanks for the post.

I caught a lot of flak over that post, but you question is exactly what started the disclosure. I asked financial contacts why the focus on printing money and not food and medical supplies. Then the answer.
Gimme View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gimme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2006 at 6:23pm

Here's the link to the Washington Post story re: printing money in other countries. 
I wonder if the other is covered in the 240 page plan she mentions? 

JaxMax View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaxMax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2006 at 6:32pm
Gimme-

Thanks for the link.

I am waiting to see the report when released, there will be useful clues.
Linda View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2006 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by standingfirm standingfirm wrote:

IMHO and not desiring to step on any toes but this is all sounding like a familiar book script to me. Hmmm, let's see...the next step; accept the "credit card" as a chip in your forehead or hand and then you can recieve rations and you even can buy and sell. Who do you have to pledge allegiance to in order to accept the chip? (mark) And what will happen to those who do not? If all the economies of the world are linked, isn't it easier to have one government? Especially after the chaos this will bring? So many leaders could become ill. So many implications to this all encompassing event. By the way, on an interesting note...the world population clock says that the number of man will be 6,660,000,000 on roughly October 29, 2006! Maranatha!

Not to get on a theology high horse here but Revelation 13:18 says the number requires wisdom. When the antichrist is revealed (2 Thessalonians 2:3-4), it will be clear who he is and how the number 666 identifies him.
The Mark is given as a seal for those who worship the beast. A seal from God is never a physical thing in the bible it is a promise. The mark of the beast identifies worshippers of the antichrist.
There are specific things clearly outlined in the bible that need to occur before this happens. One major thing that has not happenned yet is the rebuilding of the temple in Jeruselum. In other words you can rest easy on this. Keep a watch as we are told but don't worry...These are only earth pains...not the second coming.
Insanity is making the same mistakes and expecting different results....therefore...Those who don't learn from history are bound to go insane.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2006 at 4:20am

Originally posted by Linda Linda wrote:

[QUOTE=standingfirm]
rebuilding of the temple in Jeruselum. In other words you can rest easy on this. Keep a watch as we are told but don't worry...These are only earth pains...not the second coming.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=70349 among other news that causes me to pray "maranatha".

Edited by standingfirm - April 21 2006 at 4:21am
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2006 at 5:26am
Well, it may be a moot point until the pandemic subsides somewhat, as it is doubtful that even if there are stores left open (owner/employees not sick) what do you think they will have left to sell? Possibilty for afterwards temporarily, but they will reprint currancy you can bet. The economy will be hit hard and the job market wide open (if mortality rates run true) I just can't see people accepting "the card" on a permenant basis.
JaxMax View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaxMax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2006 at 6:11am
Linda and standingfirm-

Thanks for the posts.

Please see p. 2 of "Saved by Grace 2" in the Members Only section.
JaxMax View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaxMax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2006 at 6:15am
jo007athome-

Excellent observation.

This is exactly what caused me to question why a major concern of Govt Pandemic prep was printing cash in other countries. I mean, if societal meltdown has occurrred to the point the Govt can not print money, no one will accept money. I would never trade food for cash if all the stores were closed.
Scotty View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2006 at 7:01am
It would be relatively easy to authenticate and verify cash that was printed in foreign countries by using U.S. embassy staff. This might be useful at the end of a pandemic as a means to kick-start the world economy.

There are internal problems that would arise from the abolition of cash. Illegal immigrants would be in short supply, many businesses would fold, growth would slow and inflation would increase due to a shortage of labour.
JaxMax View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaxMax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2006 at 7:22am
Scotty-

Good  points.

My economist friends tell me the dirty little secret of cash is that cash is the known interface between the legal and illegal economy,and that the Governemnt benefits substantially from the illegal economy.
Scotty View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2006 at 7:45am
It's a twisted and convoluted world that we live in.
flowerchild View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flowerchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2006 at 9:04am
I have a couple of questions about this.  What if the power is out? Don't the transactions have to be run through some sort of a scanner?  What kind of computer programs would be up and running that are large enough to incorporate everyone? I do know the minute I read the plan for overseas money- I knew something was up.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic