Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Stop fighting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daddog36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stop fighting
    Posted: April 25 2006 at 7:55am
This site is for information on birdflu.The fighting is a waste of time .Lets be positive.Its not hard.
daddog36
oknut View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oknut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2006 at 8:02am
I'll second that dadddog36!

I'd like to add my apology for losing my cool a few days ago.

Looks like I'm not the only person who became intolerant or lost their objectivity around here.

I've continued to read because even with the bickering - this is the best place for news and tips.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2006 at 8:07am
SOOO glad you are back Ok nut. !!! don't let'm get to you !!
Corn View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2006 at 8:25am
The task at had is too important to be  bickering. Don't loose focus. 
Speculation is the only tool we have with a threat that can circle the globe in 30 days. Test results&news is slow.Factor in human conditions,politics, money&bingo!The truth!Facts come after the fact.
Corn View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2006 at 8:27am
"hand". Can't edit post and no spell check. sorry
Speculation is the only tool we have with a threat that can circle the globe in 30 days. Test results&news is slow.Factor in human conditions,politics, money&bingo!The truth!Facts come after the fact.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2006 at 8:55am
We have spell check.  Why dont you....I use the quick reply at the bottom of the screen and see that ABC check mark...It spell check...You just have to download it so that it will work on the forum...I love it.

See no bickeringBig smile
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2006 at 9:06am
I agree! I am now the oh Censored one. Oknut, glad you are back, I know you have said some really unkind things about me, I hope we can both be mature and put that behind us. I apologize if I have offended you. This whole topic gets me very, very heated at times. I guess i tend to get a karate tongue, inherited that from my "nurturing" mother!!  I am never like that usually. Some posts  just seems to push all my buttons, and things come spewing out!! I need to just lighten up, and enjoy each day in the moment. We ALL need to stick together here, and realize that we all come from different backgrounds and lifestyles.  That is what we have to offer this board, everyones unique perspective on the situation. If we were all from the some mold, well, let's say, it would be a very narrow insight that was offered. No reason to brainstorm, if every ones mind was a clone of the other

Oh but the way, Oknut, I am not supercilious about my spelling ability!! I am dyslexic, I am a horrible speller!! If it wasn't for spell checker, You would be hitting the Chinese to translate my posts.
God Bless Everybody,
And PEACE to this board!!
crystal View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crystal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2006 at 10:52am
Please let's not start on the dyslexic/spelling thing again - just came from "news" thread all about it. Let's stop this here with my post ok? Thanks.
peace
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2006 at 11:27am
Never mentioned being dyslexic before... Now i seem to have offended someone else.. WOW, I sure can't please ANYONE on this forum. If you just came for the News, why are you in The Discussion Forum, under a heading, "Stop Fighting". Move on to the News Forum!  A lot of us have have some issues to work out, and this isn't posted under NEWS.
oknut View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oknut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2006 at 11:32am
Diane - I think Crystal was referring to a thread in the news area that REALLY got carried away over spelling.

You have my apology Diane. My husband is dyslexic, but one of the brightest people I know.   

TomMI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2006 at 11:43am
I would like to clarify this, as I was directly involved with that conversation.
The individual was not mentally stable and was attacking each person who posted with any mistakes in grammar. If you stayed to the conclusion of those posts, it was clear he was a troll, at the very least, and was conducting some kind of "experiement" on us. I supported Chargingbear, as he was attacked and not even online. I feel strongly that I dont want to lose valuable posts here by those who don't spell well or have other disabilities and are afraid to post because of potential criticism.
A sensible man watches for problems ahead and prepares to meet them. The simpleton never looks and suffers the consequences.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2006 at 11:48am
That is why sometimes i write in caps lock. It is easier to read on the black background. That is also why I use the light purple color, it stops the letters from swimming!! I also have a headache disorder, and lets not even go where this black and orange takes my migraines!  I have realized that I usually write in caps lock when i have a migraine!! That is when I am at  my meanest!! Maybe there is a correlation!!

Thanks Oknut. apology excepted! We all get a bit heated here and say things that we don't mean. We all have hearts of gold , I think, or we wouldn't be here sharing.

WOW, Just read that thread!!! That was really bad! I didn't get to read Sonnyc's comments, but i can imagine they were pretty bad.
AlaskaAquarian View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlaskaAquarian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2006 at 11:56am
Diane, you're not alone. I happened to make some not so nice comments about those in New Orleans. I got jumped on by a select few, and when I tried defending myself...I got pounced on even more. So, I simply stopped responding,deleted my posts. It wasn't worth it. Like you, seemed like I couldn't make not one person happy, and all I could do was defend myself. People kept misreading my posts and misunderstanding, jumping on me.... so, I gave up.  At any rate, sorry Oknut. I never directed any of my comments towards you. Sorry if you got the wrong idea about me or what I was trying to say.   I tend to misrepresent how I truly feel towards an event. When I'm mad, I'll say things to piss people off. It works! When I made that comment about the "underbelly" etc etc..I was agreeing with Gravitation.  And yet, I was the one labled all sorts of things. I saw no one apologize to me for their hurtful comments. I didn't call any of them names. I didn't personally attack them.  Yes, I have strong unpopular views. And yes, I give them out rather freely which makes me a target for ridicule.  I hope this is done and over with. Oknut, I never had an issue with you. You always have good posts and discuss things reasonably.  Hope everyone can move on after this. I've said what I needed to say. Apologized to the one person I felt needed an apology (you Oknut). Let's discuss BF and preparations!
oknut View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oknut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2006 at 12:01pm
Glad you posted AlaskaAquarian - you are the other person I want to apologize to.

I don't normally lose it like that. I still can't really explain why I was so angry, but I know my responses to posts by others that day were out of line.

Let's all be friends and keep sharing what we collectively find.

To the future!
Ironstone View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ironstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2006 at 12:03pm
Nice thread.  I read all of the posts by you lot and as someone who likes the variety of thought, i thank you . 
Ironstone
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlaskaAquarian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2006 at 12:22pm
Oknut, we all have our moments when we're not "ourselves" nor are we as nice to others as we usually are. I'm guilty of that many times over. I should not have said such harsh things about those in New Orleans.  At any rate, we all have issues that we're dealing with that cause our stress levels to raise and we end up saying things we don't really mean. But, all is forgiven. Forgive and forget. We will all move on. Continue our prepping and discuss latest news. Clap

Edited by AlaskaAquarian - April 25 2006 at 1:24pm
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2006 at 12:27pm
Shall we all just be nice to each other, and welcome our differences? They give us different approaches to our common problem, and we can all benefit from seeing others' points of view.  It takes all sorts to make a world.  And we may well have to live in harmony after and during the event, with less structure and law and order than we have been used to.  We'd best start to be tolerant now, especially of things that are not crucial to survival.  Beth

Edited by Beth - April 25 2006 at 12:29pm
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlaskaAquarian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2006 at 12:29pm
Good post Beth! I wholeheartedly agree with you! bravo!Thumbs Up
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2006 at 12:40pm
See oknut, you lost it too!!!ClapLOL We all do. All of us have are buttons. With this many people, some are bound to be pushed!! That is why I now am the "oh-Censored-one".

Stress is a daily factor for me as well. With all the news focusing on the BF coming by Airliner, I don't sleep at night. I am lucky to get an average of 3-4 hours sleep!. DH is in Rome right now, and will be home tomorrow night. This is something that just totally knots me up inside. There are no protective filters on the planes, and there is no "separate" cockpit air supply. I know if my husband brings it home, that my three young girls don't have a chance. One is always ill, from one lung infection to another, and the two older ones have severe asthma as well. I know that he would probably be okay, but I know that I would loss my girls. Friday He of to Germany... FUN! FUN! FUN! Another sleepless couple of days. Flying smack into bird flu. We vacationed on some of those very lakes in Germany!! I have the most wonderful pictures of us feeding the swans... UNTHINKABLE!!!
oknut View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oknut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2006 at 12:50pm
I want to apologize to Rick too while I'm at it.
Don't think I was mean to anyone else that day I lost it.

Rick - I apologize publicly and acknowledge that since I'm not aware of all you may know about individuals, I had no right to criticize your posts or methods.   

Think I've apologized now to everyone I was unkind to.
Guess I'd better get back to work.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2006 at 1:24pm
wow, what a bunch of cool people here. after so much fighting on this board, this thread is really refreshing. time for a party.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2006 at 2:04pm
oke .... hugs everyone!! Glad to see everyone getting along again!!
crystal View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crystal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2006 at 2:20pm
I am dyslexic, I am a horrible speller!! If it wasn't for spell checker, You would be hitting the Chinese to translate my posts.

God Bless Everybody,

And PEACE to this board!!
[/QUOTE]

Diane - sorry, I should have explained myself better.I guess you sort of understand where I was coming from after reading the news posts sans sunnyc - he was really weird as TomMI mentioned. I had just finished with that post and went directly to this one. I wanted to say that spelling should be no issue in this forum! Emails sometimes don't convey correctly. I didn't mean to offend in any way.
peace
crystal View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crystal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2006 at 2:29pm
Diane - for some reason the font in the last post is really small - don't want you to think I did that on purpose since I know it's hard for you to see the small print. I'm not sure how to make the font size bigger.I know html so will try to make this one bigger.

Edited by crystal - April 25 2006 at 2:31pm
peace
KOMET163 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KOMET163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2006 at 2:30pm
Well, I should say thanks for this no fighting post. WE all need to be thankful for this group and its support. we are looking for ways to survive the coming crisis. I for one apologize to anyone who I have offended.  I am very glad to have found this group.  It will make the difference between life and death for my girlfriend and I. We have no option but to prepare for this....
Thank you everyone

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2006 at 2:34pm

NOW,  LET'S ALL HOLD HANDS AND SING KUMBAYAH!!!

Come on everyone ...
Hug...Kumbayah, my Lord, Kumbayah... Kumbayah my lord, Kumbayah,.....

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2006 at 2:38pm
Since we are all getting along so well, and all have that warm fuzzy feeling, can I please ask all of you who pray to please pray for my Husband?  Pray that he is safe, and not the Captain of the Airliner that brings this mess to us? All kind thoughts, and especially prayers will be greatly appreciated. Maybe  I will get to sleep before 3 tomorrow morning. AM comes awfully early when you need to get the kids on the bus!!
oknut View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oknut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2006 at 2:46pm
You've got it Diane. I hope that you can relax and not worry as much too.

None of us really know how or when it will start. Who knows, maybe this won't even be the virus.

Take care
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2006 at 4:05pm
Diane I'm really sorry you have this worry with your hubby in that job.  But I really think there is no need to worry about europe as it is at the moment.  The infected swans are really NOT going to give it to us.  Even if the chickens get it, people in Western Eurpope are very civilised and don't go near chickens or let them near their homes.  I think our worries will only start when it goes H"H and that that will almost certainly start in Asia or Africa.  When it does, you have masks for him to wear on duty (and I hope he stops work soon after it hits), and you have tamiflu for your girls don't you?  If not, get him to bring some, try Spain, they sell a lot of stuff without prescriptions.  I'd go there to get some i f I could.  You can get antibiotics there without prescriptin as well.  Beth
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2006 at 4:24pm

Hey Beth,

Yes I know that it won't come from the swans in Europe. What I am worried about is all the international travelers that connect from flight to flight. He also does  Hong Kong now. However that is NOT one that he bids on!! I am worried that an international traveler will have it, touch anything he touches, Hand rail, door knobs, etc. I just think that all the international airports are HUGE germ factories!! He is NOT OCD about hand washing.  I am also worried about someone infected being on his plane. However I must say, that with all the international airports he is in, it is the airports themselves!!
Thanks for the Spain tip. He goes to Madrid next week. We will check it out. We do have tamiflu, and relenza, but with the new guidelines for Bird flu, well, could use some more.  I also want to stock up on some Zithromax for Mycoplasma. That is my fear, since we all had the pneumonia shot and the manactra shot.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2006 at 8:08pm
Thumbs Up 

Edited by Diane - April 26 2006 at 4:23am
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2006 at 8:22pm
Personally I think we should just try to be the best humans and advise others without condemning.  Seems as though we will have guests shortly maybe we should remember our manners remember the saying about the first impression.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2006 at 8:28pm
Good Advice Chloe!
Gravitation View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gravitation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2006 at 10:29pm
Surreal
Inscriptions and Birddroppings are the only two things in Egypt that give any indication of life - Flaubert
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2006 at 3:28am
Diane Whats manactra and Mycoplasma?  Theres a drug called probenicol (or something liike that) for gout, that lengthens the time tamiflu and bacterial antibiotics work in the bloodstream.  Some say its dodgy as it can damage kidneys I thin if they are already weak.  Its used for gout.  Prescription only I understand.  Google it, I may not have the name quite right.  Maybe you could get that in Spain.  If you do, (or tamiflu) pm me the name of the pharmacy and I'll fly over there and get some!  Beth
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2006 at 4:20am
Mycoplasma is a type of bacteria that causes Pneumonia. Zithromax is an antibotic that works for it. It's seen often as a second infection after influenza. However it is not covered by the PPV shot. Manactra is the newest meningitis shot. Much stronger than the PPV shot alone.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic