Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Pandemic Prepping Forums > General Prepping Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Toilet Paper Poll - Event Date: May 06 2006

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Tell the truth - how much toilet paper do you have set aside?
Vote Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
3 [4.92%]
25 [40.98%]
21 [34.43%]
8 [13.11%]
2 [3.28%]
2 [3.28%]

Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gexydaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Toilet Paper Poll
    Posted: May 06 2006 at 9:31am

I realize that results will vary depending on the type of TP and how much you actually use.  We would use more if we were home all day!

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2006 at 7:05pm
1 roll per day? You must know some crappy people!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2006 at 7:31pm
I planned on 1 roll every 2 days for 2 people, which is still probably overkill. I've got 144 rolls in the attic, plus my regular overstock. I'm good to go......   every pun intended.
roxy View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2006 at 7:02am
hi to all, if all else fails and you run out, be inventive, newspapers, cut up old clothes, but don't flush them,old catalogs,ect. roxy
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2006 at 7:25am
I've got (according to my excel sheet!) 120 rolls put away --- SO FAR! I keep on bringing it home every time I see a good sale.  So, that's my current amount but not my final amount.  I think it would be about 2-3 rolls a week for 4 would do it (I'll have to pay more attention during the weekends when we are all home!)-k
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2006 at 10:12am

Reached 100 last night. Will add more in the weeks to follow. I fear the movie tonight may upset the locals.

Rocky View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2006 at 10:48am
How about 1 roll per person per week! This would also include use as "kleenex tissue", unlessthe person is sick...will need lots more then. I tried it and that amount seems to work if you use it sparingly! Guys, be charitable and give your extra to the women in your life. They need more of it for obvious reasons!
Prepare for the Unexpected!
Rocky
http://www.homeemergencyusa.com
Huck View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2006 at 5:58am
What we did to figure out an average use was this.  I just monitored how many rolls we used over the course of a month.  I found we used 12 double size rolls in 30 days.  That is with a family of 5, 3 teenagers (2 teen girls).  If things got bad everyone would go into conserve mode to help make it stretch.  I just plan on putting away 1  12 roll double pack for each month I plan to prep for.  A few extra packs also for barter or to give to family would be a good idea.  Beside TP is cheap commodity now and worth more than gold when its really needed.

Huck
May View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote May Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2006 at 7:32pm
don't forget the neighbors...Smile
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2006 at 2:57pm
In our house, we use one roll of TP a day for 3 people, more if we are home all day. I only have 130-140 rolls I need to get a few more.
oknut View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oknut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2006 at 3:28pm
Guess we need more too Penham.

We're at 120 rolls for 2 people, but we'll probably end up feeding our dear friends next door and if we feed them - we'll probably have to provide tush-wipe too.

NawtyBits View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NawtyBits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2006 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by Penham Penham wrote:

In our house, we use one roll of TP a day for 3 people, more if we are home all day. I only have 130-140 rolls I need to get a few more.

More fiber might be cheaper......Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic