Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Pandemic Prepping Forums > General Prepping Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Homeopathic Remedy Kit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LotusLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Homeopathic Remedy Kit
    Posted: May 10 2006 at 1:38pm
In addition to keeping non-perishable food on hand in the event of a pandemic, I would keep a homeopathic remedy kit around as well.  During the flu pandemic of 1918 when 30% of all people who got the flu died, of those treated with homeopathy, only 1% died. 

My biggest concern is having the capacity to handle calls that may come in as a result of the pandemic. 

It is impossible to predict what remedies will be needed until the bird flu hits, but there are a few really good remedies to have around.

They include:  Bryonia, Gelsemium, Eupatorium perforatum, Arnica, Arsenicum, Mercurius, Rhus Tox, to name just a few.  These are common remedies available at most food coops.

You should have these in a 30C potency, so that if you have to call someone for help (that is, a classical homeopath), you will hopefully already have the remedies on hand.

Smile
Lotus Lady
Classical homeopath
2ifbyC View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2ifbyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2006 at 2:55pm
One reason I wish I was younger is that I would like to have the time to learn homeopathy.

I've gotten as far as elderberry cincture only because of this site.

Is there a Cliff's Notes version available on line? Whenever I poke around the web all I find are volumes instead of 'user friendly' checklists or charts.

Thanks in advance!

ETA I wish I had quizzed my grandmother. She had more uses for turpentine, sassafras and tobacco learned from being raised on a tobacco farm in central Florida.
Survival does have an 'I'!

Dodging 'canes on Florida's central Gulf Coast
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2006 at 6:02pm

Thanks Lotus Lady.  I'll bet I'm not the only one on this forum who would like to hear more.  For example, what is your experience/knowledge of the remedies you mentioned?  I have purchased Tumeric, Elderberry, Skullcap, in addition to lots of vitamin products and things like CoQ10 and garlic.  I've printed out a notebook of sorts for reference, but I have to admit that it's really overwhelming to sort through all the information out there and try to make an informed decision.  Anything you'd like to share would be great!  Also, welcome to the forum.

LotusLady View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LotusLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2006 at 7:35pm
You are right in that it takes a long time to learn homeopathy.  Really, no one knows all there is to know about it.

The things you mentioned may or may not be remedies.  Homeopathic remedies aren't the same thing as supplements, herbs, etc.  They are made from natural substances but they are prepared in a particular way to "potentize" them. 

There are a few good books out there on acute care for homeopathy.  Your question does make me think that I ought to add it to my web site.  Thanks for the suggestion.
Lotus Lady
Classical homeopath
LotusLady View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LotusLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2006 at 7:43pm
My experience/knowledge is that I have had over 4 years of education in classical homeopathy.  I have used all these remedies at different times for clients who were sick and even on my self (not usually recommended) and on my family. 

Last year I got a garden variety influenza at a time when I couldn't reach anyone else.  My mind wasn't clear enough to remember the symptoms without looking them up, but I was able to figure out I needed Bryonia.  Symptoms:  Restless but hurt to move.  Wanted to be alone.  Had the back of my hand pressed against my forehead and it really felt better that way. 

I think that there are lots of options out there to build your immune system to help make you less susceptible to any influenza that comes around.  Lowering your intake of sugar and alcohol, washing your hands, taking a multi-vitamin, etc.  I find that I rarely get sick since becoming a consumer of homeopathy and neither do my kids.  In fact, I think that one of my sons has not missed a day of school for illness all year.  So the best thing you could do is to find a classical homeopath and get a constitutional remedy to lower your susceptibility to whatever goes around.

As I indicated above, I will put some homeopathic tips for bird flu tips out on the internet soon. 
Lotus Lady
Classical homeopath
nettie4263 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nettie4263 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2006 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by LotusLady LotusLady wrote:

of those treated with homeopathy, only 1% died. 

I'd like to see some references on that statistic, please.
LotusLady View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LotusLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2006 at 8:17pm
Check it out:

Homeopathy in Influenza--A Chorus of Fifty in Harmony by W.A. Dewey, MD, University of Michigan.  The Journal of the American Institute of Homeopathy, May 1921. 

You will find this document to be very different from journal articles of today.  But the stories are compelling.  This was based on information collected by homeopathic doctors during that time.  You may come away feeling that there are a lot of people who died whose lives could have been saved, had doctors been willing to use homeopathy.  But they refused under fear of having their licenses revoked.  The really sad thing is that about 85% of the people who had the flu needed Gelsemium.  Even poor homeopathic prescribers were having success at that time. 

You can find it at www.homeopathyforinfluenza.com.  Click on Articles.  It is the second article in the list.  It is a PDF file of the original journal article that was preserved by a homeopathic historian. 

If you want to read more, buy Homeopathy and Influenza by Sandra Perko. 

Cheers! 
Lotus Lady
Classical homeopath
VtDoc View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VtDoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2006 at 1:34pm
And for the other side of things...

I have a question, as well.  If water can retain the "memory" of a substance after a 200-fold dilution in which no trace of the original substance remains, does my tap water "recall" the dead skunk that fell into the reservoir?
Mississipp Mama View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mississipp Mama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2006 at 7:29pm
  Hi guys here is some information I got out of my Feb. issue of The Countryside Magazine. It has an article in there on homeopathic remedies.  Becky Rupert is a practicing Homeopath in West Salem Ohio. It states to feel free to contact her.  beckyrupert@juno.com.  Phone (419) 853-3805. Here is her website.  I plan to contact her but haven't had time yet.  www.therightdose.net.  I hope this information will help someone. 
LotusLady View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LotusLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2006 at 6:30pm
Dr. Stephen Barrett has been discredited by more than one court in the land. 

You are free to die from the bird flu by paying attention to his web site.  But I believe this web site is for positive information related to helping people prepare for the bird flu. 

If you read anything about homeopathy, you would not have asked your question about the skunk. 

Please lets keep this forum open for helpful comments and suggestions. 
Lotus Lady
Classical homeopath
May View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote May Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2006 at 10:03pm
hi vtDoc,

We don't always know exactly how things work, but they do... look how long it took chiropractors to be accepted by insurance companys.  They were not given credit they were due. 

Osteopathy is also interesting.  My family Doctor is an Osteopath.

"...when the body's motion is in balance, a state of health exists.  When this motion is disturbed, health is affected and a state of disease can arise."

Osteopathy... used in treating Influenza-

Technologically we are moving at a pretty fast pace these days, speaking of dilutions and minute particles...you may want to also have a look at nano technology and see how they are getting into medicine in an interesting way.

SILVER KILLS VIRUSES, STUDY FINDS
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - FreeMarketNews.com
In a groundbreaking study, the Journal of Nanotechnology has published a study that found silver nanoparticles kills HIV-1 and is likely to kill virtually any other virus.

The study, which was conducted by the University of Texas and Mexico University, is the first medical study to ever explore the benefits of silver nanoparticles, according to Physorg.

During the study, researchers used three different methods of limiting the size of the silver nanoparticles by using capping agents. The capping agents were foamy carbon, poly (PVP), and bovine serum albumin (BSA).

The particles ranged in size from 1 to 10 nanometers depending on the method of capping. After incubating the HIV-1 virus at 37 C, the silver particles killed 100% of the virus within 3 hours for all three methods.

The scientists believe that the silver particles bonded through glycoprotein knobs on the virus with spacing of about 22 nanometers in length.
While further research is needed, researchers are optimistic that nanological silver may be the silver bullet to kill viruses.

The researchers in the study said that they had already begin experiments using silver nanoparticles to kill what is known as the super bug (Methicillin resistant staphylococcus aureus).

Already used as a topical antibiotic in the medical industry, silver may now come under consideration as an alternative to drugs when it comes to fighting previously untreatable viruses such as the Tamiflu resistant avian flu.
...............................................................................................

I have used Homeopathy for 14 years.  And I also like my allopathic guy.
here are a few sites to look at.... to help with flu if you like.

GingerSnap View Drop Down
advanced Member
advanced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GingerSnap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2006 at 6:28pm

I agree that homeopathy is a viable approach to treating bird flu.  I question, however, whether 30C potencies will be nearly strong enough given the clinical urgency of the h5n1 strain.  I don't recall where, but there was a recommendation to have at least 200C on hand.  I upgraded my supplies accordingly.

LotusLady, while I have seen nothing to counter the 1% success rate of homeopathy during the 1918 epidemic, 30% as the mortality for allopathic treatment is, as far as I know, nonsense.  Yes, there are sporadic accounts like that, but if that had been the overall mortality rate the population of the US would have been decimated.  It wasn't.  The number usually given is 2.5%, although I could see that being an underestimate.  At any rate, I really wish folks would stop touting the 30% figure because it just makes us look like fools.

2ifbyC, learning enough homeopathy to use in a first aid situation is very doable.  Give it a try!
LotusLady View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LotusLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2006 at 8:56am

I don't think anyone really knows the exact numbers--somewhere between 20 and 40 million people died world wide.  It infected 28% of all Americans--don't know what the population was at that time. 

WWI helped spread the virus back to the US for a second wave. 
Lotus Lady
Classical homeopath
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic