Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Pandemic Prepping Forums > General Prepping Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Best resource site I have found

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAJDAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best resource site I have found
    Posted: May 10 2006 at 10:00pm
Folks I found this site as I was searching for other information.  It is a very good resource site as it gives amounts to store how to store shelf life and rotation policy as well as a lot of other information.

This is a Mormon site but information is still good no matter where it is from

Major Dad hopes you are all alive and well and looking out for each other
Littleraven View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Littleraven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2006 at 7:19am
Thank-you Major Dad
I found this to be a very informative site.  The Mormons are a resourceful people and have lived with a sound appreciation for the basics for hundreds of years.  An excellent source.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2006 at 7:36am
xx
MAJDAD View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAJDAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2006 at 9:55pm
Being a good catholic, I would never have gone to this site on my own.  I was just "DATA MINING"  for information and found it.

I really liked the food calculator for the number of family members by age and sex for the number of months that you are stocking for.

I was also impressed with the shelf life table.

Found I was short about 100 pounds of rice 30 pounds of sugar and 50 pounds of flour (wheat)  I intend to correct those errors.

Best to all
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2006 at 5:37am
Maj--- I've been living by that calculator, since I found it last month! I was amazed at the sheer volume of needed goods!  I shop, come to the computer w/ my receipt and enter my purchases right away!  It's the only way I've been able to keep track of how much more I need.  When we use something from our prep supply, I make sure that I deduct it from the inventory and restock.  If you are familiar w/ excel, can easily add to the list and copy/past the calcualtion equation in for the added entry, if it's a similar item.  - k  
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2006 at 6:57pm
great site ty
MAJDAD View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAJDAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2006 at 7:15pm
Ready Mom:  Have my inventory on an excel spread sheet as well.  wife wants me to write the macro's so that it will spit out a reorder page for the things that she is using and a want list for the the calculated amounts that are needed.   I have just not gotten around to that.  May be some day soon I will give a shot.
oknut View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oknut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2006 at 4:06am
I just received my first order from http://www.honeyvillegrain.com/ yesterday. They charge less than $5 shipping, regardless of the size and weight of the order. On top of that, they have some great prices on things like TVP, powdered eggs and many other items.

My order was processed and shipped quickly and arrived well packed and undamaged. I am still waiting for another company I ordered from earlier to even send a shipping notice.

I wish that honeyvillegrain accepted electronic checks or paypal, but aside from having to use a credit card to purchase, they are great.
slcmom View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slcmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2006 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by MAJDAD MAJDAD wrote:

This is a Mormon site but information is still good no matter where it is from

As a Mormon, I'm sure you meant that in the nicest possible way, and I'm very glad the information was helpful!! 

Someday I'd like to see a site that has a recipe index where you can select the recipes you'd make, how often you'd make them, the number of people in your family, and how long you're storing for and calculate preps that way. 

I'm trying to talk my brother into design such a site, I can't imagine it would be too difficult to do. 
MAJDAD View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAJDAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2006 at 6:39pm
Sicmon:  You are correct in that I did mean that in the nicest way.  I did not want any one thinking that I supported one religion over another.  Just a heads up that along with some very valuable information they would also get a Bible saying or two.

You are correct in the recipe site.  It would be a very helpful site and would enable many to direct their food purchases and storage to fit with the recipes.   I hope your brother is successful.  If so please post the site as I am sure all would enjoy and make use of it.

NawtyBits View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NawtyBits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2006 at 3:01pm
I got a case of powdered eggs in less than a week.....for $4.95 shipping....good resource folks....

nawty
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2006 at 12:46pm
I also order 2 #10 cans of powered eggs and 3 #10 cans of milk...It took 9 days to get here I paid 4.95 for shipping and the packing was great...

I'll order more when I can...Hope this helps...Ty for recommending this site to me...
DAX COM View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAX COM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2006 at 2:16pm
If you are looking for gear and anything else under the sun, I would personally recommended the New  Brigade Quartermaster website:
http://www.brigadeqm.com   I just received the newest catalog today and it's 236 pages of sheer prep stuff.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic