Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Pandemic Prepping Forums > General Prepping Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

free food

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oknut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2006 at 11:52am
Originally posted by July July wrote:

Originally posted by raptureready raptureready wrote:

I have been gathering little packets of ketchup,salt/pepper/sauces/ etc. from fast food places and storing them in my freezer.  This would make rice/beans/pasta much more enjoyable for kids!  They are FREE[IMG]height=17 alt=Wink src="http://www.avianflutalk.com/smileys/smiley2.gif" width=17 align=absMiddle>

but they are not free to the restuarants. They do have to buy them and if we all keep taking them that just ups the restuarants cost to cover all these taken condiments and it just cost us more in the long run to eat out.

How true! We had a fast food restaurant for many years and those small convenience items are not cheap at all.

Also had people living in the neighborhood who would come in and ask for a glass of ice water whenever they were thirsty. They got upset when we started charging ten cents for the cup - BUT WATER IS FREE!!!
I told them - only if you go home and drink it. LOL!

I think that's why you see more and more restaurants using refillable dispensers for things like ketchup, mustard, sugar and such. The cost of people taking more than they need.

Not mentioned to make anyone feel guilty - most people honestly don't realize how expensive those things are for the people who put them out there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic