Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Pandemic Prepping Forums > General Prepping Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

What will you use 4 personal protection ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Shotgun
Vote Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
48 [53.33%]
24 [26.67%]
8 [8.89%]
2 [2.22%]
8 [8.89%]

Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Defending your home Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What will you use 4 personal protection ?
    Posted: January 24 2006 at 7:08pm
If you have a gun, or any weapon, feel free to share the model. 
swankyc View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swankyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2006 at 9:28pm
I dont use my weapons for "personal protection" per se, but I love to shoot my M1A (Semper Fi), several shotguns (get the .20 gauge for the ladies or smaller guys), Ruger Mini-30 (what a piece of constantly jamming crap) and a few pistols.   
I'm not afraid, I'm paranoid. Dont talk too loud, they are listening.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2006 at 9:46pm

I posted pistol because that is MY personal weapon but we have numerous long guns & handguns - revolvers & auto-loaders. 

And only because I feel compelled....

NEVER introduce a weapon into a situation unless you are prepared to use it.  And make sure you have the proper use & safety training!!!!!

Dave View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2006 at 10:38pm

Assault rifle enthusiast myself.  That comes from 22 years military experience; love to shoot what I used to carry at work.  Also have handguns, shotguns, pistols and hunting rifles. 

Don't want to use my guns...don't anticipate having to use my guns...but will use my guns if necessary to protect my family. 

It should be noted that there are forms of nonlethal protection for those that don't have or don't like guns.  OC pepper spray and stun guns are great self defense items which offer some degree of standoff protection, and they are easily obtained.

corky52 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corky52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2006 at 11:31pm

http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/sh07-e.htm

With the new 25 shot clips!  No point in messing around!  20 Gage is easier to handle but hard to beat the 12 Gage for pure nastiness and ability to do the job.

Rainla View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2006 at 5:53am

I have a semi-automatic but will be purchasing a shot-gun next week. I will only utilize it if I have time to learn how to and feel comfortable with it.  Also have ordered extra clips for the automatic.

I also have a Surefire Millenium 3 combat flashlight. If you want a real flashlight check out the surefire website. This thing will actually temporarily blind a person - it is that bright. Might buy a few seconds for you in a bad situation.

I just hope that there is enough sense in our sub-division (700 homes!) to come up with a protection plan for the community.

Best case would be if nuclear commando brother-in-law would come live with us - he is a walking arsenal - but he will have to stay on station to prevent the baddies from taking advantage of the situation. (Ever see the movie, "The Peacekeeper",  with George Clooney - think the Clooney character and that is him except he also is a nuclear engineer so would not need the Nicole Kidman character!)

Tired View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tired Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2006 at 8:06am
My vote would have to go with "other". My husband is a katana blade collector, and he's quite good with them. 

We WONT keep guns in our house, because we have a 4 and 6 year old boys. We dont want to be some of those idiot parents you see on the news saying "the gun wasnt loaded."

Im going to go to a army surplus store, and also a store that sells spy gagdets (heee hee) and get some good mace!!!!

Better to be safe than sorry....
bruss01 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bruss01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2006 at 1:40pm

Tired - May I recommend Fox Labs Pepper spray to you?  It is more powerful than mace, and stronger in it's effect than regular OC sprays.  Although it is less concentrated, it contains a penetrating agent that makes it impossible to wipe off, and which enhances it's "soaking in" ability.  My wife carries one in her purse and I wouldn't trust her safety to anything less.  It's more than just a deterrent, it's truly debilitating.

Corky - I have always had a "luv thang" for the Saiga, unfortunately here in CA the removable mag makes it a no-no.  Too bad, I would have loved to have seen the looks from the good-ol-boys with their $3000 engraved shotguns when I walked out onto the skeet field with one... 

My wife and I have many options when it comes to self defense.  If we "bug in" during an outbreak, we will both wear a sidearm at all times. My current choice will be a Ruger GP-100 which is an ultra-reliable, dinosaur-tough .357 revolver.  My wife's choice will likely be her Springfield XD 9mm pistol, with which she is amazingly accurate.  We each have a 12 gauge pump action shotgun (mine a Mossberg 590, hers an Ithaca 37) which would be appropriate against a single invader, maybe two.  The shotguns and pistols are reasonably safe for the crowded neighborhood we find ourselves residing in.  In the unlikely event of a gang of thugs or a wave of looters, we each have a semi-automatic SKS rifle which can be called into play, although this is less safe for the neighbors.  In a do or die situation, sorry to say that will become a secondary consideration. We have other options as well, depending on the exact situation.  I'm hoping at some point to add a remington 11-87 semi-auto shotgun with a magazine tube extension.  They're pricey, but... wow.

We fully expect to never have to raise a firearm at another person.  Having dogs as a deterrent is one reason.  But if the need does arise I think we are prepared, in terms of arms, ammo and training.

Edited by bruss01
Tired View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tired Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2006 at 2:36pm
Thanks bruss. Where can I purchase that?

bruss01 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bruss01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2006 at 2:39pm

Tired,

Some sources - we have used the top one, no issues.

http://www.selfdefenseproducts.com/sprays.htm

http://www.defensedevices.com/worhotpepspr.html

Info about Pepper Sprays:

http://www.selfdefenseproducts.com/pepperinfo.htm

You'll want several - after one use, I would not trust it a second time around.  You may have multiple causes to "deter" someone.

Edited by bruss01
Tired View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tired Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2006 at 2:53pm
Thanks bruss. I like how the second link offers the spray as a keychain form! I think I will definately purchase some of those.

Marjo View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2006 at 4:43am

Fire arms are illigal in The Netherlands (unless you use them for sports).

If I would be able to buy one I wouldn't know how to handle and use it....

Thus becoming a danger for everybody and myself.

So it is going to be a knive. Oh, and a mean axe and 2 Border Collies when I'm at home

Marjo

TNbebo408 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNbebo408 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2006 at 5:12pm
It won't let me vote, I needed a last answer as in
all of the above and other.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2006 at 5:34pm

I do not currently own a firearm, but can handle one very well and am not afraid of them. I am familiar with shooting rifles, shotguns, 9mm, .45, .38, .22 (grew up with lots of police in the family, so family holidays usually included shooting something)

A person can do a lot of damage with a can of pepper spray and a claw hammer. But then again, if the other guy has a gun, then pepperspray etc. wont do any good.

brusskie View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brusskie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2006 at 12:51am
Hi, I've been lurking here for awhile and decided to chime in on what weapons I posses and hope never to have to use against another human being,  I have a 357 magnum hand gun with 4" barrel, two 9mm semi-automatic carbine rifles, a 22 semi-automatic rifle and a Marlin 30/30 pump action rifle.  I belong to a gun club in the NJ Pinelands and do quite a lot of target practice. My favorites are the 357 mag & the 9 mm carbine.

I have stock piled an arsenal in ammo and hope to be ready for the worst case scenario should it come my way.

I also have a year's worth of preps stock piled.  I started preping last year not only because of avian flu but also because of the oil situation in the world,
I am a female, married with a son in high school.  I am also the only one in my immediate family with a firearm permit.  My husband was against owning guns but he sure enjoys shooting them at the shooting range and he's a crack shot.

We also installed a 10 kilwatt solar system on our roof this past summer along with a Guardian generator which operates on natural gas or propane.  We were able to do this because the State of NJ paid for 70% of the system.

I enjoy reading how others are preparing for what may soon come.

Edited by brusskie
Sure2Survive View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sure2Survive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2006 at 12:58pm

Armalite AR-50

AR-15's

AR-10

M1-90 super 12 gauge

Remington 870

IMI Uzi 9mm

3 Glocks

H&K 91

50,000 round of ammo all guns combined

Sucess requires eye's wide open
bruss01 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bruss01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2006 at 2:12pm

S2S -

You mean like these?

Although I must say, I am impressed - these wouldn't go over too well in my neighborly suburban cul-de-sac neighborhood.    Although, just being seen sitting out in front of the house with one of these across my lap would keep people away... far, far away.  Reminds me of the health benefits of garlic - no one wants to get close enough to infect you.  You probably have as much invested in your firearms collection as some people do in their house.  Speaking of which... I hope you're insured.

Sure2Survive View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sure2Survive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2006 at 3:36pm

yes those are the ones.  Yes they are insured as long as the insurance company stays in business during a pandemic

Sucess requires eye's wide open
Enumclaw,WA View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enumclaw,WA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 5:27am
348 Winchester rifle
30.06 rifle
7.65mm Mauser rifle
250 Savage rifle
223 Rem. rifle
22 Marlin rifle
3, 12 guage shotguns
1 16 guage shotgun
357 mag Ruger
3 22 pisols
10,000 rounds
and all the reloading equipment
Wife and I belong to a gun club and we both know how to use all above guns
We are ready for worst case senario.
RB
bruss01 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bruss01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 4:00pm

Enumclaw,

That sounds like a nice battery.  Best of all both you and your wife posess the skills to handle them effectively.  Well done.

Can I assume that one of the rifles mentioned is a semi-auto?  The only gap I see in your collection is a shortage of centerfire handguns.  Would your wife be comfortable with a .38 special or 9mm handgun, or perhaps even a larger caliber?  If so, either of those would make a nice addition to your collection.  The .22, althoug a nice little varmint round, is terribly lacking in immediate stopping ability against a determined foe.  Just a thought.  Sounds like you're well stocked on ammo.

We have a couple of .22 handguns, but they are for target and utility use, not defense.  If we end up taking in some unarmed people, they may get pressed into service though.  Any gun is better than no gun.

Enumclaw,WA View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enumclaw,WA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2006 at 3:04am
We live in the country so I don't intend for anyone to get close enough to us where they can do any harm. The shotguns should work just fine as close as I will allow anyone to get. Dogs will warn us when anyone is around. Will saw off one of the shotguns off if neccessary. Have a pistol grip for that one anyway. Then it will be just mean.
RB
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 9:14pm

A few Suggestions:

Stun gun, one for everyone in the house, why kill when you can disable and make an example of the person. Mace or other propellant which sticks to the face is good too. Buy an extra one and practice on that empty cardboard box down wind from your shooting position... outside!

If things go south...I prefer .45 cal, (multiple) pistols (auto, hog leg)...same ammo less confusion. Shoulder holsters for pistols. Practice every two weeks +- at the range, shoot off a clip or two,  don't over kill (pardon the pun) your practice,  just get good over time and enjoy talking to the others at the range. 

Next, 12ga pump with a carry strap, you loose credibility instantly if you drop the shotgun from your trembling hands, shooting someone is not a job for the nervous...but as a human you WILL be anxious while defending yourself and scared too, so the strap will help...anyway. I prefer  bird shot  because of the distribution of the pellets.  Also a .30 + cal hunting rifle w/ 210 grain shells for long term problems.

I suggest getting a concealed weapon permit and LEARN the laws in your area. Remember that no matter what happens in the future there is a price for every decision. 

Last,  talk to the people close to you about guns and get training, it's important.

Edited by bruss01
bruss01 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bruss01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2006 at 8:49am

Stormriderfla,

You've got some good points.  There is value in having a handheld zapper as a defense option, as well as pepper spray.  Although either of these measures can prove fatal, they are a "less lethal" option which may save you trouble or grief.  Consider that you may need to defend against friends, loved ones or neighbors who pose a temporary threat.  Stress can do strange things to people.  It is unwise for your only defensive options to be deadly ones.

I agree with having a holster for every pistol, and a sling for each long gun.  In a crisis, you don't want to be defenseless while you are digging a hole for waste disposal, for instance - since that might be the very instant you are spotted by a pack of roaming (newly) feral dogs.  Your defense does you little good if it is sitting on the kitchen table rather than at your side when you need it.   A holster assures that your sidearm is always on you, yet your hands are free for other tasks.

Regarding shotgun ballistics, everyone considering a shotgun for defense should read this article written by folks who have actually tested their conclusions.  Heavy buckshot (typically 00 buck) is an acceptable defensive load, but birdshot has a serious deficit of penetrating ability for defensive use and is not recommended.  Among their findings - "Unless you expect to be attacked by little birds, do not use birdshot. "  Also important: "anyone that says, "With a shotgun, you don't even have to aim. Just point it in the general area of the bad guy, and you can't miss", does not know what they are talking about.
You can very easily miss with a shotgun. You must aim to hit your target.
"

Your cautions about knowing the laws in your area, especially when carrying a firearm away from home are dead on the money.  In some localities, the slightest infraction can be charged as a felony.  A felony conviction means you can never vote and never own a firearm again - for life.  Be very careful with regard to the laws in your area.

Edited by bruss01
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2006 at 2:19pm

I want to warn the gun collectors that in Toronto they have been targeted

for thefts. 

The theives are targeting the gun collectors big time

they follow you home,collect imformation on gun collectors

they check imformation from gun clubs, target practice , 

even the best  gun safes arent perfect, one safe took three days to open  while the guy was on vacation and one guy was in the hospital he lost more than twenty guns.

Edited by RBARNES55
Scott View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2006 at 9:10pm
New here but have been watching for a couple of months. Just joined and hope to contribute in some way.

Weapons of choice now in possession:
AR-15 a3 (provides top rail to change scope and iron sites quickly) dependent on situation. 1,000 rds.
HK-9mm USP Compact Combat Version. 200 rds.
Standard Shotgun pump 12 guage. 100 rds.
Smith & Wesson Tactical Knife (carry everywhere)
German Shephard 2 yrs old 110lbs.
K-bar USMC Fighting knife. My all time favorite. Call me sentimental.
Am buying snioer rifle soon.
That's it. Hope this help.

As the Dark Horse Approaches.
Improvise Adapt and Overcome!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2006 at 2:34pm
Scott, I like the dog idea. I miss mine, she went down about 2 weeks ago and there is a feeling around the house of not being as secure. -K
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2006 at 2:47pm

Two pistol-grip crossbows with kill zones up to 25-yards. You don't
want to make too much noise. They don't cotton to guns in Canada.

Plus a baseball bat, and my German Henckel chef's knife for close-quarter
slicing and dicing.

Keep it simple.

MAD MAX

Edited by Rick
bruss01 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bruss01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2006 at 3:04pm

Rick,

Hey, correct me if I make a mistake here -  I know Canada has some firearms restrictions, but I thought long guns were easy for the average citizen to posess?  I think if it is possible, you will want at least a shotgun, preferably a pump action in 12 gauge.  Possible or no?

I think the ball bat is a good precaution, probably everyone needs at least one 

Louisville Slugger Pro Stock Wood Bat: MLB180 Adult

- a knife makes a better tool than a weapon, but the upside is, like the ball bat,  it never needs reloading.  A knife requires you to get too close to an assailant, especially an infected one.  Your pistol crossbows might be useful for convincing an unarmed person to stay back if you have nothing more effective, but in reality have very little stopping power besides deterrent effect.

Edited by bruss01
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2006 at 11:19pm

Someone broke into my home recently while my family were sleeping.
Long story short, they were waiting outside till my wife went to bed after
me.

I figured in that situation a baseball bat beside my bed would do in a
pinch.

A crossbow is intended more as a daytime deterent for any virus-
infested evildoer. My son can watch my back. Last year someone took a
sledgehammer to a neighbours door in the middle of the day, despite
triggering the alarm, walked in and left with what they wanted - that's
when times are good.

I live in a single family home, I can hunker down with my family and
crossboad and pick off the vermin as they try and get in. As a fan of
military history, I 'be learned the importance of choosing your battle
ground. It worked for Hannibal. To bad Hannibal wasn't in charge of virus
research - he knew how to get things done.

Thanks very-much. I enjoyed your picture - I could have used a Louisville
Slugger at work today to lay some maple, upside someones head.

* Things are getting more restrictive with firearms here. Heck, I'm still
trying to get my wife to calm down after she noticed I had bought more
N95 masks. I have not told her about the portable generator yet. What do
suggest for self-defense with my wife?

Edited by Rick
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2006 at 8:19am
I don't advocate a lie but...an exageration is ok. Leave pictures of the generator with an unreal high price hidden in view and when it arrives show just what a great deal you got. Because obviously as a frugal spender you got it on sale. It worked for my last n95 buy. It is a two way street here and it worked wifes last "nice thing" purchase too. -K
Deej View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2006 at 8:26am
am i the only one here who is paranoid about posting if i have weapons or not? 
dee
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2006 at 9:57am
I have a ubber tactical sling shot with a Aimpoint, and I have a blow gun with an ACOG.
Scott View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2006 at 1:03am
Sling Shot with Aimpoint.
That's funny! It's good to add levity whenever we can.
Thanks for the smile.
-Sorry to hear about your dog K. Lost my wolf "Recon'" several years ago. Still miss him.

True, knife defense is close combat, silent but deadly. I would not suggest a combat knife to anyone unless professionally trained or as last defense. I believe in layers of defense. Be careful with rifles and pistols in the home. Unlike buck-shot from your mossberg 12 guage pump, a 9mm (drywall) and 5.56mm (drywall and plaster) will travel through walls .-Not too many folks think about that.  So, be careful of your backdrop i.e. family members sleeping in bed in the next room etc. Baseball bats are great between 3-5 feet, anything further or closer, the bat is rendered obsolete for all practical purposes.  Chances are the infiltrator has more than a bat which means you will have to sneak up on them regardless. In that case, if no gun, I prefer a knife (K-Bar). Personal preference at this point. Again, if not trained a 2x4 or bat is a great option. So many options, just prepare for what you are comfortable with. The best option is to avoid confrontation. Your odds of survival increase dramatically.

Believe it or not, I hope it does not ever come to that for any of us.

As the Dark Horse Approaches.
Improvise Adapt and Overcome!
Kumera Kid View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kumera Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2006 at 4:16pm
I have a feather duster I intend to uese from a range of 100 yards
duncan View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duncan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2006 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by Kumera Kid Kumera Kid wrote:

I have a feather duster I intend to uese from a range of 100 yards

LOL - Cleanliness is next to godliness.

Guns are difficult here in Oz - they can be got but normally not legally. Fortunately Pepper spray is quite alrite (In West Australia at least) and has been my choice for a while.
Kumera Kid View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kumera Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2006 at 11:38am
Never under estimate the power of a feather duster in the hands of a capable woman. Do the gun laws in Aust vary from state to state. I know guy in NSW & Qland who hunt and the both have a number of rifles/shot guns.
Thomas Angel View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomas Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 10:48am

Rifle:

SKS 7.62x39mm, scoped, bayoneted, flash suppressed, 40 round magazines.

Sidearm:

9mm

I LIKE SCARY RIDES
Corn View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 12:55pm

Condom, Trojan, Single Shot, 6.o, ribbed bore, ultra thin, lubricated. anti bacterial.

(No Hollow points!)

Edited by Corn
Speculation is the only tool we have with a threat that can circle the globe in 30 days. Test results&news is slow.Factor in human conditions,politics, money&bingo!The truth!Facts come after the fact.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic