Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Coronavirus Pandemic: Prepping Forums > Medical Intervention & Prevention
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

TAMIFLU

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
dr d View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TAMIFLU
    Posted: July 09 2009 at 1:51pm
The vast majority of people that die of the flu did not get the vaccine. Of the Peds deaths the vast majority had NOT been vaacinated. In Florida only 17.8% of the entire population received the flu shot this past year. THERE is the issue. NOT the drug
Dr d
Missy View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2009 at 11:42am

As we know, some medications such as tamiflu has been proven to be effective in fighting the recent H1S1(swine flu).  However, it has not been most effective in combating some other types of flu.    Some good news: Researchers recently identified human antibodies that seem to neutralize some flu viruses, including the bird flu strain -- a finding that could lead to more-effective treatments.

Missy
tesla View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tesla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2009 at 6:27am

I can't remember which forum I read about where to purchase Tamiflu (from reputable source). Can someone point me to the correct formum? Is this an over-the-counter drug in Canada?

Is there any info on oscillococcinum (natural homeopathic remedy for colds)? This is easily obtainable. What other antivirals are available (Relenza, etc) that people on this forum would recommend?
thanks
-t

mercurymom View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercurymom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2009 at 11:03pm
Mary08, where have you found Chinese Star Anise? I did not find any at my local grocery stores, and I heard most grocery stores carried it. Maybe the health food store has it, but I'm not sure. I have been looking for some.
There is nothing to fear except the persistent refusal to find out the truth, the persistent refusal to analyze the causes of happenings. ~ Dorothy Thompson
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2009 at 8:59pm
Amantadine is not useful because the virus is resistant to this drug. We are hoping that Tamiflu will continue to work. If I were you I would use the Tamiflu first and if still sick go for the Amantadine. Go to the web sites for Tamiflu and Amantadine and it will give you the dose.

If I am wrong some of you medical people need to say different. If it was my child or family member that is what I would do.
Mariella1 View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mariella1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 11:10am
Don't know if this is the right place to ask...but here it goes!
If I fear any of my family are infected I plan to use tamiflu and amantadine. This is based on info I read years ago about H5N1...today I have no idea If amantadine is still usefull and what doses?
If anyone can explain this to me...Thanks!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2009 at 6:39pm

I have no idea if tamiflu would even work on whatevr happened to come along.... but not to be left out... I decided to MAKE my own.  Now stop yer laughin :)

I just bashed some Whole Chinese Star Anise (if it's whole you know it's real) in a morter and then I put it in a small bottle of vodka.... vintage 2006

I put a tiny bit in a cup of tea.... it is Very...strong. about 1/8 teasoopn is all I used in a cup of tea.  Don't give it to a child without asking your doctor, of course I suggest asking a doctor before taking anything because some drugs interact, be safe.

other people wanted to try to make it.  (below) Ask a drugist also as they are aware of drug interactions or what they term, contraindications.   :)

• Tamiflu and Star Anise... Antiviral for Avian Flu Treatment ...

2 posts - 2 authors - Last post: Mar 27
    In addition to announcing that it would increase its own production of Tamiflu, .... which then could be used to make 10 Tamiflu capsules, ... Chemical composition of Chinese star anise (Illicium verum) and neurotoxicity in infants. JAMA. ... You may not post attachments. You may not edit your posts ...
    www.survivalmonkey.com/forum/showthread.php?p=97488 - 52k - Cached - Similar pages
  • Howstuffworks "How Tamiflu Works"

Roche primarily obtains shikimic acid from the Chinese star anise, ... a day or two of your first symptoms. Then you take Tamiflu twice a day for five days. ... patent and make its own generic version of the drug without a license. ...
    health.howstuffworks.com/tamiflu.htm/printable - 49k - Cached - Similar pages
  • ChinaTalk - WSJ on Star Anise

Just 10 days ago, these farmers faced such low prices for star anise, some didn't bother to harvest their crops. ... Many governments don't stock enough supplies of Tamiflu to deal with ... of star anise, extracting it from the plant remains a key way to make the drug, experts say. .... Get Your Own Free Message Board!
    chinatalk.suddenlaunch3.com/index.cgi?board=chinabiz&action=display&num=1130921664 - 22k - Cached - Similar pages
  • How To Make Your Own Bitters : Drink Dogma

Chinese star anise is a traditional spice in East Asian cooking; ... an issue because they came up with other ways to make Tamiflu without star anise. ... Make sure to make the individual tinctures and blend them to your own liking. ...
    drinkdogma.com/how-to-make-your-own-bitters-for-cocktails/ - 52k - Cached - Similar pages
  • The Chem Blog » Make some Oseltamivir with BMT

Fortunately, before the disease can star pillaging and burninating, ... baby fetuses (or Chinese Star anise) and it’s already simplistic biosynthesis in ... But Bee Emm Tea is a clever old fox, and decided to make Oseltamivir NOT from ... a “Trost Catalyst” (-10 for using your own name to describe your catalyst. ...
    www.thechemblog.com/?p=803 - 87k - Cached - Similar pages
  • Tamiflu - Drug information from Medic8.com

In June 2006, the Chinese government gave Shanghai Pharmaceuticals permission to .... Thirteen grams of star anise make 1.3 grams of shikimic acid, ... Always consult your own doctor if you are in any way concerned about your health. ...
    www.medic8.com/medicines/Tamiflu.html - Similar pages
  • Bird Flu Update - Tamiflu

In fact, star anise has a long history in Chinese herbal medicines, ... has urged local drug manufacturers to try to make their own versions of Tamiflu. ...
    www.martinrothonline.com/birdfluupdate/blogarchives/Tamiflu.htm - 142k - Cached - Similar pages
  • Global Forum for Health Research - RealHealth News

Don’t you need the seeds of the Chinese plant, star anise? ... Then we can make it into a suit. To manufacture oseltamivir on a very very ... And other companies have their own sources of star anise, and Roche has developed a fermentation method. ... RW: New Scientist says this week that your target is a million ...
    www.globalforumhealth.org/realhealthnews/interviews/oct05_pandemic%20flu.php - 33k - Cached - Similar pages
  • Patent Baristas » Of Tamiflu And Generic Things

More commonly used in Chinese cooking and for flavoring liqueurs such as ... Only star anise grown in the four provinces of China is suitable for ... Cipla Ltd. Plans to Make Generic Version of Tamiflu As if you didn’t know already, the H5N1 strain of. ... USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES. ...
    www.patentbaristas.com/archives/2005/10/21/of-tamiflu-and-generic-things/ - 31k - Cached - Similar pages
    Alfierise View Drop Down
    Valued Member
    Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alfierise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2008 at 7:30am
    Heres a great link to a website that stocks and sells tamiflu for roughly £10 for a years protection

www.fightflunow.com

its an anti-viral medication that one should take on the first offset of sympotms, as many say it is not a vaccine, as is there is no vaccine for the strain becuase it mutates too quickly
    it inhibits the virus from replicating
    which is worth it considering it can cause death

hope this helps

Guests View Drop Down
    Guest Group
    Guest Group
    Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 6:37pm
    Hi,

Over the past few years, most people who died after having the flu, did not die from the flu virus.  They died from the post flu pneumonia.  Their immune systems are weakened after being so sick and an opportunistic bug sets up shop and they get pneumonia. 

If you have the regular flu - stay home and stay in bed.  Don't be a hero and run to the market -- that's where you get exposed to the pathogen that causes pneumonia -- usually a bacteria called streptococcus pneumoniae.  Community acquired pneumonia is normally treated with antibiotics like azithromycin (zpack).

Now Avaian Influenza is different kettle of fish.  It's high mortality rate is due to the fact that the vius sets up shop in the lungs (where regular flu receptor's are in the throat.)  This virus can cause it's own pneumonia (viral pneumonia) and antibiotics won't work.  Your only hope is an antiviral like tamiflu.

I hope it helps,
    K.
    Guests View Drop Down
    Guest Group
    Guest Group
    Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2006 at 11:50am

I am a UK pharmacist and I can obtain Tamiflu again from one of my suppliers.  It was out of stock for months but I ordered a pack yesterday just to see and it came in!

So if any of you really want some - time to find a friendly doctor.  They can issue a private script in the UK - you pay the price of the meds to the Pharmacist - about 25 for 10 capsules.
    You have no chance of getting an NHS script as all NHS prescribing is monitored but the private stuff is not.

Pharmacists cannot supply this without a UK prescription so don't even ask! Nor can it be shipped it abroad as you need an export license to send meds abroad.
    naplesvacation View Drop Down
    Valued Member
    Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naplesvacation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2006 at 11:33am
    If you are in central Florida and If you have or can get a tamiflu script for at least a 30 pack and have no cash. Cash I got/Tamiflu I dont. Maybe I can help.

PM me!

NV
    detpat View Drop Down
    Valued Member
    Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote detpat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2006 at 9:26am
     i beg your pardon, clown??
    pat
    never underestimate the power of human stupidity
    striper View Drop Down
    Valued Member
    Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote striper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2006 at 4:50am
    I explained to this clown before that thousands die every year from flu because they are typically elderly with severly compromised immune systems. Geez.....
    detpat View Drop Down
    Valued Member
    Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote detpat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2006 at 3:12pm
    i got an rx from m y gp today and my neighborhood parmacy filled it.
    pat
    never underestimate the power of human stupidity
    NV View Drop Down
    Guest Group
    Guest Group
    Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2006 at 11:41pm
    Honestly I would take my chance with some tamiflu rather than a vaccine. Any mutation and the vaccine does not work - tamiflu works by inhibiting the enzyme needed to replicate - thus why it works on mutiple flus.
    However, tamiflu can NOT WORK if the virus adapts.

I have not yet - but working hard to aquire.

Anyone having luck getting any this late in the game?

local pharmacies say they have some left - getting a script
    is another story.

Ideas? Suggestions? Cash I have - tamiflu I dont.

NV
    Guests View Drop Down
    Guest Group
    Guest Group
    Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2006 at 5:59am
    How many of you guys have tamiflu?  (I haven't any).  I wish I had managed to get some in time, but unavailable now I understand.
    sbulldog View Drop Down
    Valued Member
    Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2006 at 11:23am
    I think what is important to realize is that Tamiflu does not prevent flu.  It only shortens the duration of symptoms.  Because there is no documented transmission of person to person spread of avian flu, we really don't know how it would work once someone actually contracted the disease. If it could prevent the flu, you would need enough to take for the entire duration of an outbreak.  So, in a six week outbreak, at a normal dose, you would have to have 84 pills per person.  Not feasible.
    Rozz View Drop Down
    Valued Member
    Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2006 at 5:39am
    Last night I read that Lauricidin is non PX and also will/may help, if you are not able to get a PX. 
    striper View Drop Down
    Valued Member
    Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote striper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2006 at 12:40pm

People die of flu in this country because they already have compromised immune systems. Tamiflu is not a vaccine but a drug used to limit the time one sick.

virusil View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virusil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2006 at 11:51am

maybe it is a crap thing maybe

this rumsfield must be in jail with the german compagny,and some of the fda as welll...........

dont give me a maybe figures talks.tamiflu dont work.

ignorance.
    Guests View Drop Down
    Guest Group
    Guest Group
    Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2006 at 10:40pm

Maybe most of those 36,000 didn't have Tamiflu. 

Maybe they had other health problems so it didn't help.

Maybe............... 

virusil View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virusil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2006 at 7:09pm
    tamiflu ,dont work,if it works can you please explain to me why 36 000deaths occur in the us per year.............
    ignorance.
    willow41 View Drop Down
    Valued Member
    Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willow41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2006 at 5:03pm
    yes, I have also read throught the news that they are recommending you double the dosage of tamilflu. but, that was in the beginning of Feb.  I don't know where the health officials stand on that now.
    Hope View Drop Down
    Valued Member
    Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2006 at 8:32pm

Willow41,

I read somewhere (not on the Tamiflu website) that for the Bird Flu, not the regular flu, you needed to take Tamiflu for ten days, not five as listed.  I wish I could recall and attach the link.  Maybe someone else has it? 

Hope
    willow41 View Drop Down
    Valued Member
    Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willow41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2006 at 3:30pm
    go to the Tamiflu webisite. the dosage recommendations for adults and children are listed. I printed them off to keep on hand.
    Guests View Drop Down
    Guest Group
    Guest Group
    Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2006 at 5:22pm

Important information about Tamiflu.

Recommendation about how to obtain it

Recommendations about how to take it.

Post Reply Post Reply
      Share Topic