Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese


Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > General Discussion > Politics - Political Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - WORST President EVER
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Online Discussion: Tracking new emerging diseases and the next pandemic

WORST President EVER

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
Author
Message
Satori View Drop Down
Senior Advisor Group
Senior Advisor Group
Avatar

Joined: June 03 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 28645
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2018 at 7:52pm

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/7/12/1780090/-The-GOP-tax-cut-is-flat-lining-when-it-comes-to-raising-wages

pointing out OBVIOUS FAILURES is NOT irrational hate
it is STATING THE FACTS
has ANYTHING I have posted concerning Trump not been the TRUTH ?????????????????????????
anything???
ANYTHING?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Trump does what he does and he says what he says
his OWN actions and words convict him
no one needs to make anything up with this guy

why would a RATIONAL,INFORMED person support policies that are OBVIOUS failures ????????????

you consider that a RATIONAL act ???????????????

the FACTS speak for themselves

and I have literally sat down and looked at my family finances and the effect Trumps policies will have
the numbers don't look good

maybe its cause I havent come across that 4 thousand dollars that Trump promised ????????LOL

IF and when Trump does something positive I'll give him credit
but so far ...............................................................

go ahead and list just how the country is doing better
list promises Trump has kept

here
I'll get you started
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
“The point of modern propaganda isn’t only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.” Gary Kasparov
Back to Top
DeepThinker View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Avatar

Joined: September 26 2015
Location: So. California
Status: Offline
Points: 1485
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepThinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2018 at 8:09pm
To me the arguments that go on here are much more akin to a sports forum.... where you have homers and haters.     Both sides blindly supporting their side.   Their side is always right and the other wrong.    It is all about scoring points as to who gets the better dig.   It appears to be a very primal form of tribalism.

Politics should not be about that.   It should be about ideas and and ideals.   We should be able to have objective discussions on Government policies with out even naming public officials by name.    We should just debate the merits of ideas.   For this reason I really try not to post here but you guys seem to suck me back in from time to time LOL.
Back to Top
DeepThinker View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Avatar

Joined: September 26 2015
Location: So. California
Status: Offline
Points: 1485
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepThinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2018 at 8:17pm
Satori...   you like to hide behind "facts"    but you show your true colors through your tone and pure volume of stuff you find.    You don't think that the volume of negative stories you share could be seen bit excessive by others?    How do you possibly have time to do all the research you seem to do?
Back to Top
DeepThinker View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Avatar

Joined: September 26 2015
Location: So. California
Status: Offline
Points: 1485
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepThinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2018 at 8:23pm
"I have sit down"

Trumps polices are yet in their infancy....    There is no way you have already objectively weighed them.   They haven't had time to work yet.

All  am saying is try to support your President until you have a chance to replace him with someone you would prefer.
Back to Top
Satori View Drop Down
Senior Advisor Group
Senior Advisor Group
Avatar

Joined: June 03 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 28645
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2018 at 8:31pm
"hide" behind FACTS LOL
are you SERIOUS?

theres NO hiding involved

AGAIN
show ONE thing I have posted about Trump that is not TRUE

thats how I judge and evaluate everything
I use FACTS
what rational,logical person doesn't use FACTS to make decisions ???????????
Trump supporters perhaps ? LOL

I am anti Trump because virtually EVERYTHING he says and does is antithetical to everything I believe

I think Trumps economic policies benefit the 1%
even NUMEROUS Republicans admitted that the tax reform was designed to benefit the wealthy and that the middle class was thrown some crumbs to get the bill passed

Trump has turned hatred of immigrants into an art form

he is rolling back laws that protect workers and the environment

he is a serial adulterer ,he cheated on his pregnant wife with a porn star for crying out loud
those are NOT my moral values

he avoided the draft 5 TIMES by LYING and filing false paperwork with the government and got his doctor to LIE for him,and then he has the gall to attack gold star families

do I need to go on????????????????????????

again
I ask you or any Trump supporter
WHY should I like this guy?
why should I support his policies???

NO ONE everrrrrrrrrrrrrr  answers this question


"hide behind facts " LOLLOLLOL


“The point of modern propaganda isn’t only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.” Gary Kasparov
Back to Top
Satori View Drop Down
Senior Advisor Group
Senior Advisor Group
Avatar

Joined: June 03 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 28645
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2018 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by DeepThinker DeepThinker wrote:

"I have sit down"

Trumps polices are yet in their infancy....    There is no way you have already objectively weighed them.   They haven't had time to work yet.

All  am saying is try to support your President until you have a chance to replace him with someone you would prefer.


SERIOUSLY??????

Trump is claiming credit for the "booming" economy isn't he
but yet his policies haven't had time to work????

his vitriolic hatred of immigrants hasn't had time to kick in yet????

REALLY ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
“The point of modern propaganda isn’t only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.” Gary Kasparov
Back to Top
DeepThinker View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Avatar

Joined: September 26 2015
Location: So. California
Status: Offline
Points: 1485
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepThinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2018 at 9:56pm
Then why did Trump mary one?    Trump doesn't hate anyone he is trying to enforce the law.

Personally this is what I would purpose for immigration: Anyone who wants to come here can apply for a work permit.     You can come if you can  support yourself....   (buying your own health insurance may have to be a big part of it).    However you get absolutely NO government assistance bar say a ticket back home if you  fail here.   Otherwise no government help.     If you are a productive member for society for say 5-20 years maybe we may allow you to apply for citizenship.    The rule is EVERYONE working in this country would have to either be a citizen or a member of this program.   Since we are being so generous absolutely NO illegal immigration would be tolerated.

MTA: One more rule you must apply for this privilege from your home country.
Back to Top
Technophobe View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Avatar

Joined: January 16 2014
Location: Scotland
Status: Offline
Points: 49420
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2018 at 2:51am
I don't think it is immigrants per-say he hates, just any with coloured blood.  Melania is obviously white, whereas Mexicans are latino. 

As for inflation, there is a tie to growth, but not an unavoidable one.  Sometimes, inflation increases when the economy is struggling (Germany between the wars and more recently, Zimbabwe).  You certainly can't read it as proof of growth.

Personally, I think: "Growth rate?" is the wrong question; America is already a very rich country.  "Where are you spending what you have?" and "How fairly is it shared out?" are far more relevant.

Giving the incumbent President a chance is a good rule-of-thumb, but in my opinion, Trump is an exception, - for all the wrong reasons.  That starts with the deviation from the norm of failing to strive for inter-camp unity upon gaining office, unlike all his predesessors, left and right. 
Absence of proof is not proof of absence.
Back to Top
EdwinSm, View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group


Joined: April 03 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 6390
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2018 at 4:01am
I would say inflation is a little like medicine: a little seems to be good, but too much is poisonous.

When I took out my first housing loan I was paying 12.25% interest - that was not a sign of a healthy economy, as anyone who has lived through such times might realise. And at the worst point the apartment/flat lost 50% of its value (rising back to the purchase price after about 14 years).


What is "a little"?  It seems that most Central Banks go for a range around 2% inflation (not high enough to send prices into a rapid cycle of rises and so stoking more inflation; but high enough to allow for some adjustment of 'real' wages downward without the need to actually cut the $/£/€ amount of the salary).

According to the 2% goal, then 2.9% is a little on the high side, but not too much to worry about unless we see an upward tread.  This little trade war, to Make America Isolated Again, should start raising prices so inflation might well pick up.
Back to Top
Technophobe View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Avatar

Joined: January 16 2014
Location: Scotland
Status: Offline
Points: 49420
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2018 at 4:16am
Originally posted by EdwinSm, EdwinSm, wrote:

  It seems that most Central Banks go for a range around 2% inflation (not high enough to send prices into a rapid cycle of rises and so stoking more inflation; but high enough to allow for some adjustment of 'real' wages downward without the need to actually cut the $/£/€ amount of the salary).
My point exactly, except you put it better. Grrr!
Absence of proof is not proof of absence.
Back to Top
jacksdad View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
Avatar

Joined: September 08 2007
Location: San Diego
Status: Offline
Points: 42451
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2018 at 5:17am
Originally posted by DeepThinker DeepThinker wrote:

...Trump doesn't hate anyone...

Say what?



"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Back to Top
Technophobe View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Avatar

Joined: January 16 2014
Location: Scotland
Status: Offline
Points: 49420
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2018 at 5:53am
Originally posted by DeepThinker DeepThinker wrote:

...Trump doesn't hate anyone...
Originally posted by jacksdad jacksdad wrote:

Say what?

I can not see inside Trump's head.  I don't know who he hates.  Based on appearances, he gives a strong impression that he hates:

Blacks
Asians (both Sino-Chinese and Indian)
Arabs
Latinos
Germans
Native peoples
Women (except sexually, and that looks like an attack)
Democrats (most Republicans oppose them, only Trump appears to hate them)
Moderate Republicans
The English
Canadians
The sick and disabled including veterans ("Those too stupid to avoid the draft like I did")
Anyone with the oughtright cheek to disagree with him
Anyone unwilling to lie for him
............................................................................................................................................

The list is unfinished.  A full list is beyond my ability to type in one sitting.

We could be wrong - this could just be the impression he gives.

Absence of proof is not proof of absence.
Back to Top
Technophobe View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Avatar

Joined: January 16 2014
Location: Scotland
Status: Offline
Points: 49420
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2018 at 6:03am
I can say this for certain.  I hate him. 

I have NEVER felt this way about any American before.  I respected ALL previous Presidents, on both sides of the political divide, even when I disagreed with them.  NONE of them ever gave me the impression that the only thing they cared about was their own popularity.  Even in moments of howling disagreement and obvious errors I could see the humanitarian behind the act.  Not this time.

I still respect the office he holds, the security and administration offices and the American people. 

But not this Man, never him!!!


Absence of proof is not proof of absence.
Back to Top
Technophobe View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Avatar

Joined: January 16 2014
Location: Scotland
Status: Offline
Points: 49420
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2018 at 6:28am
"Fake News!" says Trump. The interview with The Sun is Fake news he says.

If you don't mean it, Trump, don't say it!

You already insulted our country, Trump!  Don't call our press liars too, unless you can back that up.

Here is the interviev WITH TRUMP SAYING EVERYTHING THE SUN ACCUSED HIM OF ON CAMERA!!!

................................ 'and still half of Americans believe him in face of all the evidence.

Stupid or insane?  This is as deluded as Rishat!
Absence of proof is not proof of absence.
Back to Top
Technophobe View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Avatar

Joined: January 16 2014
Location: Scotland
Status: Offline
Points: 49420
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2018 at 6:29am
Absence of proof is not proof of absence.
Back to Top
Technophobe View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Avatar

Joined: January 16 2014
Location: Scotland
Status: Offline
Points: 49420
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2018 at 8:43am
I just (against my better judgement) had a look at Fox news.  I found this:

LONDON –  President Trump began his three-day visit to the United Kingdom on Thursday amid scattered protests and a government deeply divided over Britain’s departure from the European Union. 

Flying into the capital from Brussels, Trump traveled to Winfield House, the U.S. ambassador’s residence in the capital, where Trump is staying Thursday night with first lady Melania Trump.

There, approximately 30 protesters had gathered, where they hope to create enough noise to keep Trump awake at night. As the Trumps departed for Blenheim Palace on Marine One, where they were scheduled to dine with Prime Minister Theresa May, protesters could be heard jeering, drum beating and chanting in the distant background.

But while the major protests were planned for Friday afternoon, when an enormous “baby Trump” balloon is expected to float over Parliament Square, protests on Thursday seemed somewhat muted.

Outside May’s 10 Downing Street residence, roughly a dozen protesters gathered to protest the U.S. president’s arrival -- but some told Fox News they were disappointed as they had heard that as many as 5,000 were expected to protest.

Lucy Wheeler was the first to arrive: “Where the other 4,999 people are I’m not sure, but I’m here,” she said, carrying a sign that said “Trump Not Welcome.”

Wheeler, who is half-American, said she was protesting on behalf of her American family members who she said have had their lives “dismantled by his really degrading policies and I’m also horrified at the way we seem to be blundering into a future where our great British values don’t count anymore.”

Wheeler said immigration, a subject that is frequently cited by both Trump’s supporters and opponents in the U.K. as their reason for their respective support or opposition, was one of her main issues.

What a bunch of liars!

Tens of thousands have gathered!  Fox news calls them scattered rotests.  True, but misleading.  There are dozens of HUGE protests scattered across the country.  I have never seen the like in Britain. 

The protests are orderly, gigantic and profoundly rude!  I have seen the use of language Britons don't usually admit to knowing.  C U Next Tuesday for example.



6:36

'Good chunk of city has been shut down'

Tom Burridge:

Trafalgar Square is pretty full but there is quite a good atmosphere, it's relaxed and fun.

There are some speeches from the TUC and charities such as an organisation against racism.

It's quite remarkable - a good chunk of the city has essentially been shut down.



He is off to see our Queen now.  She is constrained to avoid politics  and be polite to everyone.  She even has to entertain dictators and warlords, poor woman.  I bet Trump claims she was exceptionally nice to him.  Dead
Absence of proof is not proof of absence.
Back to Top
DeepThinker View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Avatar

Joined: September 26 2015
Location: So. California
Status: Offline
Points: 1485
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepThinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2018 at 9:34am
I say respect your president!   Then you say "well this president is differnet"    To me I don't see this president as being that different from any other.    The difference I see is a much different reaction from the media and activitists on he left.   Yes his personality is odd and hard to like for some.   However I think we should be able to see past it.      Much of what you don't like about Trump comes from how he responds  to being attacked.    If he was actually accepted from the beginning I think he would be a much more likeable person.

Please stop it on the "he hates".   Okay I wll admit there is some evidence of this when it comes to women.... even then I am skeptical.     There is NO evidence of hate anywhere else.   If you keep pushing that narrative it only reveals the content of your own heart and not of Trumps.     "Every thing I say is fact and not oppionion" and "I know the condtion of another mans heart"   No  you don't.
Back to Top
DeepThinker View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Avatar

Joined: September 26 2015
Location: So. California
Status: Offline
Points: 1485
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepThinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2018 at 9:37am
Everytime there is a strong conservative.   They are labeled as Sexist, Racist, homophobe and with just about any other "ist or phobe" you can think of.   If the left didn't do ths EVERY single time with strong conservatives mayble I would believe you this time.   In the past conservatives have cowered in fear when attacked on these lines.... Trump dosn't play ball by the lefts rules.
Back to Top
DeepThinker View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Avatar

Joined: September 26 2015
Location: So. California
Status: Offline
Points: 1485
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepThinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2018 at 10:00am
www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/feds-collect-record-individual-income-taxes-through-june-still-run

"Feds Collect Record Individual Income Taxes Through June; Still Run $607B Deficit"

The tax cuts objectively speaking have in no way objectively hurt us... now lets try and get spending under control.

Back to Top
jacksdad View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
Avatar

Joined: September 08 2007
Location: San Diego
Status: Offline
Points: 42451
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2018 at 12:00pm
We're going to have to agree to differ because I see an bigoted old man yearning for a return to pre-civil rights America that makes no bones about the races, nationalities and demographics he holds in contempt. Oh, and my heart is just fine, but that was a nice try.

Respect is earned. Still waiting for a reason to feel that way about Trump. 


"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down