Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Tamiflu & other Meds

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tamiflu & other Meds
    Posted: October 04 2006 at 11:48am

If you are interested in purchasing tamiflu, antibiotics and other meds, we are bringing on a sponsor (ad) that is a U.S. based company that will provide meds with an online prescription.  The website has online physicians that can write the scripts and everything has to be approved.  The online physician will do the regular routine of asking about med history, etc ...  The approval process is fairly fast.    

It took us awhile to find a reliable U.S. based company that can provide this service. Unless the company is 100% legit, AFT could be held responsible. Needless to say, we found a good reliable company.    

Obtaining meds in advance is a huge problem and we are trying to make the process easy.  We have no affiliation with this company whatsoever other than their sponsorship in placing a banner ad on AFT for the normal price.   I will also add that we are very excited about this alignment and that we're looking forward to a long lasting relationship with this company.     

Smile
doomsmom View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doomsmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2006 at 12:12pm
That will be incredible.  I am very interested.  I'll keep watching for more information.  Thank you.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2006 at 12:15pm
Hi doomsmom.  The ad should be up by tomorrow.   Maybe later today.

Smile 

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2006 at 1:47pm
As a person on meds I say AWSOME!!!Clap
Hotair View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2006 at 1:55pm
I have been wanting to get "just In case" antibiotics and fluids, sets and catheters so this is great! Thank-you! 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2006 at 4:35pm
could someone post that meds list from the doc who did a booklet on surviving the BF?
ME163 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ME163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2006 at 7:24pm
Albert,

I found out that some medicare and medicaid plans will pay for tamiflu. Thanks for your help and advice. If you need to get some tamiflu, some medicare perscription drug plans will do the work for you. I am going to buy some more preps so I can get more canned food. I need to get some more canned food and then get some work done on getting more ammo.

KOMET163
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2006 at 7:48pm

God bless you Albert.

horizon View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2006 at 9:00pm
wow - unbelievable! thanks so much!
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2006 at 9:20pm
Thank you vstr.  

Hi horizon, it's our pleasure. Hope you find it helpful. 

Hi Komet, that's good to hear that some insurance carriers are covering tamiflu purchases.  It would be nice if they covered advanced purchases of a lot of other types of medication as well.   Since buying meds in advance is still new in preparedness, maybe some carriers will get more flexible in this area.  I suppose we will soon find out. 

ImmuneConcerned View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImmuneConcerned Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2006 at 9:42pm
HeartSmileTongueHeartEmbarrassedHeartHeartHugHeartHeartTongueHeartSmileThumbs UpHeart

Mercei Beaucoup
ImmuneConcerned
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2006 at 4:57am
Well done Albert, a site with an online physician to write scripts solves a lot of problems.
Beth
mamasjob View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamasjob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2006 at 8:13am
Hi Albert~  Where do we find the link for this service?  Thank you!  Sincerely, JD
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2006 at 8:17am
Thanks Beth.

Hi mamasjob.  The banner will be going on the side of the forum, hopefully sometime today.  We're just finalizing a few things, but we should be ready to go soon.

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2006 at 12:56pm

The ad placement is being delayed until Monday so we won't be able to post their link or ad until that time.  I will everybody know if anything changes.

Smile 

dustyboots View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dustyboots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2006 at 4:33pm
This is fantastic! Thanks for the hard work Albert!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2006 at 10:23pm
and other meds, we are bringing on a sponsor (ad) that is a U.S. based company that will provide meds with an online prescription.  The website has online physicians that can write the scripts and everything has to be approved.  The online physician will do the regular routine of asking about med history, etc ...  The approval process is fairly fast.    

It took us awhile to find a reliable U.S. based company that can provide this service. Unless the company is 100% legit, AFT could be held responsible. Needless to say, we found a good reliable company.    

Any news?

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2006 at 5:46am
Hi Anharra. It's been delayed until next week. We're trying to have everything ready by next Wednesday or sooner. They are checking their pharmacies to ensure that they can handle the volume of tamiflu sales. Since people here also need to purchase a wide range of medication in advance, the sponsor needs to ensure that they can fulfill certain commitments. This process is taking a little more time than what we anticipated.                                          We apologize for the delay. A      

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2006 at 6:19am
I'm anticipating their arrival! My family doc won't prescibe Tamiflu to us, he doesn't belive there is a pan flu threat.
Mississipp Mama View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mississipp Mama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2006 at 8:35pm
  Hi Albert,all that thanks in the world is not enough for you.  Like I said once before I don't know how you do, what you do for the forum.  It's like  you are a God Father to all of us.  May you and your loved one's be blessed beyond our imagination.  I really mean this Albert.  Thanks for all you do.  My offer still stands, when all of these stressful times are over, just come on down. 

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2006 at 9:04pm
Thank you Mississipp Mama.  Those are very kind words.  I am indeed very blessed.  

I would also love to take you up on that offer someday.  

Thanks again for the support,
A
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2006 at 9:28pm
Albert, thanks for the update.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2006 at 9:33pm
Hi Anharra.  We're hoping to get more news tomorrow as well.
jackson View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2006 at 12:54pm
Do you have any more info on the website?  I think it will be a great help to a lot of people.
Thanks!
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2006 at 4:22pm
Hi Millie. Everything is on track for Wednesday.  We will have to have Rodin33 create the ad for them so hopefully she can start on it by tomorrow.  They currently have plenty of tamiflu and antibiotics on hand.

Smile

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2006 at 6:02pm
Albert, you and your family are also welcomed at my humble house anytime. Just look over the dead chickens on the porch and the Quarantine signs everywhere and knock on the door where the sign reads "dog on duty."
Seriously, I thank you.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2006 at 6:59pm
I appreciate the offer maysday.  I would be glad to take you up on that someday.  Maybe after you fill in the trench around the house first?   LOL 

Thanks again for the kind offer, and I appreciate the support,
A     
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2006 at 4:40am
I apologize for the delay.  We're now trying to have everything ready by this Friday.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2006 at 4:47am
Will this company mail to the uk? Beth
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2006 at 5:17am

Good question Beth.  Unfortunately they will not be shipping outside the U.S.   We're trying to see what can be done about fixing that. 

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2006 at 5:28am
Clap  Absolutely DITTO for us!!  THANKS THANKS THANKS ALBERT!!!!!  If you need any help on this project, don't hesitate--  I'll help anyway I can!!Clap Clap Clap
Trailsend View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trailsend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2006 at 11:40am
Awesome, are they willing to write scripts for antibiotics and the like?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2006 at 7:55pm
Albert,
From a family with multiple medical issues, I can not ever thank you enough. You would be welcome in my home also, you and all of yours. I have a friend who has been a lifelong survivor and he says you never turn down a offer, you never know when it could be needed. Seriousely, if your in our area, and write me to find out, you have a home.  God bless you and your family. To Albert, the mayor of our Jericho!!!!!
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2006 at 8:37pm

Hi Trailsend,  that is correct.

Thank you vstr.  That's a very kind offer and maybe I will take you up on it someday.  I again appreciate your kind support. 

Hi Thankful4u, we appreciate the offer. Thank you. 

I will try to get everybody an update by tomorrow.   Once everything is ready, we can have the famous artist designer Rodin33 create the ad.  

Smile

jackson View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2006 at 9:22am
hi everyone. I was wondering if you had any updates ?
Evergreen View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evergreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2006 at 12:36pm
Thank you Albert for giving us the way to buy the medicals we've been needing. Now THATS what I'm talkin bout!!
You have a standing invitation to come visit my family and me up here in Washington. Kick back and enjoy our beautiful Pacific NW, a cuppa Starbucks, Pike Place Market and Mt.Rainier. You're always welcome! Thanks, D
235365 - Energy follows thought.   As you think, so you are.
emmajones View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmajones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2006 at 1:36pm
I thank you too, Albert. I had been worried about this.      
b4giving
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2006 at 5:39am

Thank you Evergreen.   I'm from Salem, OR so maybe I will be up in that area sometime.  Thanks.

Hi emmajones.  My pleasure to be able to help.   

This is taking a little bit longer than what we originally anticipated. Everything should be set to go sometime next week.   The sponsor is moving into a new building and this has delayed some things by a few days.

I apologize for the delay,

Smile

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2006 at 12:48pm
I appreciate everybody being patient on this.  We're currently on track for this Wednesday.  Almost there..

moma mia View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moma mia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2006 at 5:34pm
This is wonderful news Albert!  I've been reading and learning for months and thought it was about time to say thank you to all of you for your insight and forethought.  My family and my two sisters are prepared for 3 months.  Working towards more.  My mother and sister are in bad health and we worried and worried about getting necessary meds.  God BlessClap
“There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.”
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2006 at 9:59am
The ad is going up today.  The prices are quite expensive, which has nothing to do with AFT.    

All U.S. deliveries are primarily sent via Fedex.  They are also in the process of getting setup to deliver worldwide. 

Should be today...
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2006 at 2:35pm
It looks like they will be able to ship to Canada, Australia & New Zealand.

Also, Komet mentioned that some insurance carriers are now paying for purchases of tamiflu so you might need to fairly aggressive with your carrier when seeking reimbursement. 

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2006 at 11:27pm
It will be a help, as the US Government will now confiscate from the mail any prescription drugs ordered from Canada....even if ordered by your Doc. ..... You won't get drugs from Canada anymore.

(saw the article in my parents AARP Mag)
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2006 at 1:01pm
I went to look at  the site and was shocked at the prices.  I've never seen prices that high for Tamiflu!  It was $150 for one course of Tamiflu so to get it for my family of 4 would be $600.  By comparison buying the same 4 doses from www.drugstore.com  would only cost $300.  The extra $300 can buy a whole lot of beans and rice at Costco!  The difference and thing that may make Prescriptus worth it for some people is that at drugstore.com you have to already have a prescription.  If your doctor will not give you a prescription obviously Praescriptus or another similar company would be your only option.  Even if your doctor will give you a prescription, if you have to pay the full cost of an office visit to get it, it might be more economical to go with Praescriptus.  I sure am glad my doctor was willing to write the prescription. 

The manufacturer says Tamiflu should be stored at 77degrees with excursions to 59-86 deg.  I don't know what happens if it freezes or gets too hot.  Neither did my doctor.  If it does become less effective after excursions below 59 deg it would be best to order it soon before the delivery trucks get too cold.

Can you imagine how bad you will wish you had $150 worth of Tamiflu once a pandemic is here and you or a loved one is sick?
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2006 at 2:52pm

If you get a prescription from your own physician, the price is approximately half of that.  I paid around $70.00 per pack.  If you have no other choice, I would pay the higher amount if you could afford it.  Again, this is only an option for people who have no other choice.  AFT has nothing to do with the prices.   

Also remember, when it comes to obtaining tamiflu, one pack might not be enough to treat an ai pandemic. The normal dosage is 75mg x2, or two capsules twice per day.  From my understanding, anyone who has ever survived received 150mg x2, twice the normal dosage.  Therefore, is one pack even enough?  The below article in the New England Journal of Medicine suggests twice the normal dosage for avian infl.

Early treatment will provide the greatest clinical benefit,15 although the use of therapy is reasonable when there is a likelihood of ongoing viral replication. Placebo-controlled clinical studies of oral oseltamivir51,52 and inhaled zanamivir53 comparing currently approved doses with doses that are twice as high found that the two doses had similar tolerability but no consistent difference in clinical or antiviral benefits in adults with uncomplicated human influenza. Although approved doses of oseltamivir (75 mg twice daily for five days in adults and weight-adjusted twice-daily doses for five days in children older than one year of age — twice-daily doses of 30 mg for those weighing 15 kg or less, 45 mg for those weighing more than 15 to 23 kg, 60 mg for those weighing more than 23 to 40 kg, and 75 mg for those weighing more than 40 kg) are reasonable for treating early, mild cases of influenza A (H5N1), higher doses (150 mg twice daily in adults) and treatment for 7 to 10 days are considerations in treating severe infections, but prospective studies are needed.

link

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic