Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - upDATE    Urgent   G4  Warning Geomagnitic  storm
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

upDATE Urgent G4 Warning Geomagnitic storm

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margreth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: upDATE Urgent G4 Warning Geomagnitic storm
    Posted: December 14 2006 at 5:45pm
Rsoe Havaria Map

What is a geomagnetic storm . There is a warning of it on the map. But there is no description of what it is and where.

It is now a g4 not g2

At this level it can cause power outages. Anyone hear of this on any news channel

The door to hell locked from the inside. The key to being all that you can be is yours to use. Find your power
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2006 at 6:13pm
It effects communications, and can kill satellites. It also makes for great northern lights shows
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2006 at 7:56pm
I wish my neighbors would kill their X-mas lights so I could better enjoy the N.-Light show!
Chloe View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chloe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2006 at 8:20pm
http://www.planetchristmas.com/ShowingOff.htm

Just imagine if you lived next door to this.
Margreth View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margreth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2006 at 9:07pm
UPDATE IT AT G4 WHICH IS HIGH

CTV web site did a story on it . There article did memtion in 1989 Quebec suffered a loss of power for nine hours due to a magnetic storm. The ctv news article did say to have candles and blankets handy just in case there are power outages .

From what I read the longer it last the more potentional damage. Worth keeping our eys on. Over caustious me unplugs my computer when I am not using it. But then I lost a TV in a storm

The door to hell locked from the inside. The key to being all that you can be is yours to use. Find your power
gettingready View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gettingready Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2006 at 9:31pm
Margreth - here's a website for you that explains the rating system:

There's also a website called "Space Weather" Cool  Who would have though you could check the weather in space every day?  amazing.....
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2006 at 6:45am
looked at the charts and alert. wish I knew what that stuff meant
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2006 at 8:48am
Is this like when I went to the grocery store and was told they were only taking cash, no checks or credit cards because the machines were down from "cosmic dust"? That was a few years ago. Thanks.
Ravendawn View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ravendawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2006 at 11:39am
    This link may help with understanding the current warning,and as for those charts Mach i know what you mean .
http://a52.g.akamaitech.net/f/52/827/1d/www.space.com/template_images/navigation/transpacer.gif[/URL]

Having trouble posting links here can anyone give me some advice on how to correct this thanks.

Hobby View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2006 at 11:56am

Where is this taking place I've seen it on the map to and wondered what it was and where?
Ravendawn View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ravendawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2006 at 1:12pm
Hi Hobby,China had some shortwave radio problems,its plasma from the sun,if you can get my previous link working it explains the process of solar flares.
Margreth View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margreth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2006 at 3:07pm
Rsoe Havria Mmap lists a power outage in Topeka as caused by magnetic storm. There is only one power outage caused by the magnetic storm . Still its one of thoses situations that you never can tell ,who will have a power outage.

Still I will be happy to see this end.

Hobby View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2006 at 3:08pm
Thanks Ravendawn
Margreth View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margreth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2006 at 9:29pm
The warning has been removed .
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic