Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

off topic: favorite movie lines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: off topic: favorite movie lines
    Posted: February 19 2007 at 4:21pm
Josie Wells, the Clint Eastwood movie, Clint was on a horse facing an Indian Chief. The chief said , " You have iron in your words".
diego View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2007 at 5:40pm
   you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie. he's not a hard man to follow, leaves dead men wherever he goes. love that movie.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2007 at 6:17pm
The Duck in the Kids movie Babe .... Duck says to Babe the pig  , " xmas means carnage " ........... run and hide ..........
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2007 at 6:21pm
Did I fire 6 shots,or did I fire 5???
Just Ducky View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just Ducky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2007 at 6:39pm
Rainla View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2007 at 9:50pm
"I aim to live" - Captain Malcolm Reynolds from the awesome movie 'Serenity".   I repeat that line whenever I get tired of prepping and that reminds me of what my purpose in prepping is.
Rainla View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2007 at 9:51pm
"I aim to live" - Captain Malcolm Reynolds from the awesome movie 'Serenity".   I repeat that line whenever I get tired of prepping and that reminds me of what my purpose in prepping is.

(sorry about double post)
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2007 at 9:54pm
"You see the size of that chicken!!!"  Young Guns

Lots of good ones in Tombstone and the old spaghetti westerns.

Rainla, Serenity is one of my favorites. Wish they were still doing the show.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2007 at 10:55pm
"It keeps me warm". Anyone quess this movie?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2007 at 11:04pm
"There can be only one!"  - Highlander
TERMS 1 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TERMS 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2007 at 5:39am
Mountainwinds-
Red Dawn, preceeded by "All that hate is gonna eat you up"
Credibility is like virginity, once it is gone- it is gone forever.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2007 at 6:35am
"Get busy living, or get busy dying" Morgan Freeman in the Shawshank Redemption.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2007 at 6:46am
The names Bond....James Bond
Rainla View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2007 at 6:52am
7Laws - Me too! I loved Firefly and I am still mad at Fox for not giving it a chance to catch on. And now it is one of the best selling DVD sets ever - someone's watching it! At least we got to see the BDH's in the movie Serenity one more time!

(For those of you who are not familiar with Firefly - 'BDH' stands for "Big Damn Heroes')
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2007 at 6:54am
Die Hard ..

Local chief of police gets relieved of on scene commander by an FBI guy, the FBI guys climb into a chopper go up yo the top of the building and get shot down. The local chief turns to another cop and says:

"better get on the phone, we are going to need some more FBI guys"

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2007 at 6:57am
Ghost Busters.

Chevy Chase is leaning over Sigourney Weaver in bed with her hair frazzled and head spinning around like in the Exorcist saying BLEEP me BLEEP me. He look at her and says " we have a company rule that says we aren't allowed to BLEEP our clients, then he pauses and says " on second thought, maybe it's just a policy"

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2007 at 12:59pm
mach, hey  by the way  that's bill murray, one of my fav's also. But my fav is The truth, you can't handle the truth. No one better at a significant line than Jack Nicolson.
Judy View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Judy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2007 at 1:23pm
My favorite is from White Nights: The Russian says to Gregory Hines at the salt mines..."Modern man is so confused, Raymond".
If ignorance is bliss, what is chocolate?

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2007 at 1:49pm
Tombstone.....Ill be your huckleberry..Doc holiday
Evergreen View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evergreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2007 at 2:22pm
Field of Dreams - Burt Lancaster to Kevin Costner when he travels back in time and asks Shoeless Joe Jackson (Lancaster) why he left baseball to be a doctor......(paraphrasing) " I always thought there would be another time. What I didn't realize is that it was the only time......"
235365 - Energy follows thought.   As you think, so you are.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2007 at 2:37pm

Apocalypse now " I love the smell of napalm in the morning"

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2007 at 4:35pm
Bagdes! We don't need no stinkin' badges! (Old western, something to do with treasure)

Carpe Diem! Sieze the day, boys. Make your life extraordinary!  - Dead Poets Society

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2007 at 4:43pm
"Ned... Ryerson. "Needlenose Ned"? "Ned the Head"? C'mon, buddy. Case Western High. I did the whistling belly-button trick at the high school talent show? Bing. Ned Ryerson, got the shingles real bad senior year, almost didn't graduate? Bing, again. Ned Ryerson, I dated your sister Mary Pat a couple of times until you told me not to anymore? Well?"

Groundhogs Day
Cabinlassy View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabinlassy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2007 at 4:44pm
I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore.
tigger2 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigger2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2007 at 5:03pm
you gonna draw that hogleg or stand there and bleed?  wyatt earp
tigger2 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigger2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2007 at 5:04pm
I goota get a bigger boat. jaws
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2007 at 6:14pm
If ya cant say something nice don't say nothing at all.....Thumper
diego View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2007 at 6:42pm
wolfgang, well if you got's ta know , do you feel lucky? well do ya , punk.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2007 at 6:55pm
" we are the Arabs "

Marlon Brando in " The Formula "

This was a movie made in the early 1970's as I recall.   Brando and
Rod Steiger played high level execs in an American oil company
who were trying to fix the price of oil.   When one of the characters
in the movie said something about the Arabs fixing the oil prices
Brando looked at him and said  " we are the Arabs "

Great movie as I remember,  cannot recall the specifics.

Mike Ford View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Ford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2007 at 7:02pm
The two greatest lines all from one movie, Cool Hand Luke with Paul Neuman.

"What we have here is a failure to communicate."

"I've got my mind right, boss. I've got my mind right."

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2007 at 7:21pm
The past can hurt but the way I see it you can either run from it or learn from it....Lion king...Rafiki
LCfromFL View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LCfromFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2007 at 7:27pm
I loved that scene in Office Space where one of the consultants (Bob) tells Peter, "Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately." Peter replies "I wouldn't say I've been 'MISSING' it, Bob!"   (somehow the sarcasm here just kinda resonated with me and my coworkers...we used that line whenever someone would take a day off)
LCfromFL View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LCfromFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2007 at 7:31pm
Oh...and since I always suffer with punctuality issues, I really liked The Princess Diaries 2 - Julie Andres' line as Queen Clarisse (after someone points out that she is late) "A queen is never late. Everyone else is merely early!" (yeah...used that one a time or two, too!)

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2007 at 9:09pm
How bout': "Um gonna give yeah an offa ya can't refuse"
            (Godfather) or
            "Are YOU talkin' ta me?" DeNiro - Was
             it Midnight Run????
In any event, I use these around my house ALL THE TIME...

Pretty useful, actually
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2007 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by diego diego wrote:

wolfgang, well if you got's ta know , do you feel lucky? well do ya , punk.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2007 at 9:34pm
"Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!"

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2007 at 9:00am
Wrong, that came from the "Treasure of the Sierra Madre" with Humphrey Bogart.    
Evergreen View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evergreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2007 at 9:06am
Originally posted by 7laws 7laws wrote:

"Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!"

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly.

I thought it was a line from an old Cheech & Chong movie. D

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2007 at 10:11am
Maybe it is in all 3. "Treasure of the Sierra Madre" would have been first--never seen it.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2007 at 10:16am
I don't know about Cheech and Chong, but I sure don't remember that line in The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly. I guess this gives me a reason to watch it again.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2007 at 10:18am
Army Of Darkness, Ash, after shooting his evil twin in the face with a shotgun said, "Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun!"

Or another quote from that movie: Ash again, "You see this? This is my BOOMSTICK!"
justducky View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justducky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2007 at 10:29am
Evergreen View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evergreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2007 at 2:41pm
Thanks justducky for clearing up the confusion about "Badges". I need to watch Sierra Madre to see the original reference. Sorry I don't recall the Jack Nicholson line in The Last Detail. I still like the Burt Lancaster line in Field of Dreams, which I posted earlier. Thanks again, D
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2007 at 3:39pm

"I'm Anna Nicole's baby's Father"

Ravendawn View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ravendawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2007 at 4:49pm
"Hay Jim knock knock"
The Trailer Park Boys    
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic