Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Pets and care/worry

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sierra779 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pets and care/worry
    Posted: May 01 2009 at 2:45pm
Just returned from our vet for our dog...cat going in a bit...

Thought it was good to get all shots etc. up todate before   anything worse happens :)

I decided to just aks the vet if our pets can catch this H1N1!

GOOD NEWS is that he said no...now IF you have it and sneeze on him, he CAN spread it to another person but that made me feel safer.

I had read somewhere that pets could get bird flu but maybe that was wrong?

Just wanted to remind everyone that IF it's close to their shot time, maybe get it done now to avoid sick people down the road...

justme View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2009 at 5:32pm
It would be a good idea to get any dental work you need taken care of now too, before September!
Gimme View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gimme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2009 at 11:57pm
Sierra779,

Yes the dogs and cats can get Avian flu H5N1.  In Germany they tested some animals.
Google it. 

Well that's good news about your Vet saying dogs and cats can't get H1N1. 

I had my own dog checked out and brought up to date on her shots too last week.

Wicker View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2009 at 12:13am
My vet will be coming by Tuesday afternoon to update my pets. I have been giving all of them bathes this weekend ... darn it's a chore!  Splish Splash let's give me a bath!!!  LOL 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic