Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Report:The Who Mtg. 22 Feb 2006

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomas Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Report:The Who Mtg. 22 Feb 2006
    Posted: February 22 2006 at 10:57am

The WHO meeting in Geneva today went about like we all figured it would...

High points at the meeting:

It was decided the best they could do at present was to "Blanket" any outbreak of human to human cases and administer what little stockpile of "tamiflu" is available to them.

They intend to quarrantine the  everyone within a six-mile radius of an area where the initial outbreak happens for 4 to 6 weeks, or maybe longer, but admitted that they don't really stand a chance of containing it if the initial outbreak happens in a large metropolitan city.

They hope to "buy enough time", "perhaps six months" in which they could in theory produce avaccine once they had a H2H case to study.

A secondary outbreak of H2H would leave them without the resources to act in a manner they intend to use for the first incident.  More than one introduction of an  outbreak within a high population center is quote "impossible to contain". 

Secondary Outbreaks of H2H are "inevitable", the report said. 

Quote: "Any outbreak would rapidily deplete the WHO and the worlds governments stockpiles of "tamiflu"".

The U.S. having set aside only two billion dollars for "pandemic research and developement of infrastructure to manufacture vaccines" was critized widely and across the board at the WHO meeting in Geneva.

The current estimate  by experts of a time frame for when an outbreak of H2H avianflu will occur is: within two years.

Source: Radio Broadcast, National Public Radio International, 12:30 CST

I LIKE SCARY RIDES
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2006 at 11:30am

Yep, just about equals what the epidemic practices have shown - not prepared, not enough time, not enough meds.  Point has sunk in - we are on our own. 

2 years seems like they extended it out farther than it shoud be.  People are already getting this from birds....

Thomas Angel View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomas Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2006 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by Nikita Nikita wrote:

Yep, just about equals what the epidemic practices have shown - not prepared, not enough time, not enough meds.  Point has sunk in - we are on our own. 

2 years seems like they extended it out farther than it shoud be.  People are already getting this from birds....

Far be it for them to "alarm" or actually warn anyone, lol.  The way I took it was they were stating the "best case senario", not the worst or most likely one.  If you could give points for Moronic Announcements and Predictions, the WHO would hold the all-time high perfect score.

Think those sorry f***s are preparing themselves?   You betcha.

Hell, I would almost lay money on them hitting this site for the real "most current data" available, as well as prep lists and  survival tips.

I LIKE SCARY RIDES
Smaug View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smaug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2006 at 12:51pm
I'm sure that WHO members are busy prepping before they raise the alert level.   They know how dangerous this Virus is.
CupcakeMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CupcakeMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2006 at 6:32pm

Thomas Angel: NPR.com has the audio posted today for that story.  It was a summit of business leaders sponsored by CIDRAP.  Just wanted to add, that what happened was that the business leaders were polled ,and 60% of those CEO's thought that the pandemic would occur within 2 years.

link: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5228243

sweets View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2006 at 7:08pm

The U.S. having set aside only two billion dollars for "pandemic research and developement of infrastructure to manufacture vaccines" was critized widely and across the board at the WHO meeting in Geneva.

Really holding back putting my dunce picture on this thread!

I'm not a ribbering Jidiot!
www.exaltedshrimp.com
Corn View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2006 at 7:10pm

Excerpt(The U.S. having set aside only two billion dollars for "pandemic research and developement of infrastructure to manufacture vaccines" was critized widely and across the board at the WHO meeting in Geneva.)

What the he() do they want? We are criticized? for not enought $$ only Two billion? They can kiss my american A$$ the no godd motherfers. %&^%&#%&#%&#%^&#%^&#%^&%#^&# %^&#%$&#!%#$%&^%#*$^( *$%&$@%&^%#@^&%@^*$%&@$%^@$%&@$%&^@$ &#%^&@$%^&@$%^@$%^@$%&@%^&#%^&#%^&am p;am p;#%^*&#%^*#^&%* for brains $#^&%*@#%$&$@%&^@%$&%#^*#^%&*$^&(*^$ &(*$^&($&^(&$($^*#%^*#^&*$^&(*$^& ; ;( $^&*%#^*$^%*@$Q^%@^$@!#%!#%!#^%%$#@&#%^*$^&*& ; ;%(&%(%&^*%$#^&%#^*$^&*&^%(%&^*& ^%*$^%*&$^%*&$^*$^&*$^&*^$&*$^&*^$&a mp;a mp;*^%&*$%^&#%^&#$&^#%&%$ holes #^*$^*^$&*^$&(%^&(*$#%^&%#^&#%*&%$@^ &$@^$@%^$#%^#%$&%$^*^$&(*&(&^( ^&*&#%^$@^%@$^#%$&%#^*%^&*&^%()*^)*&) %&^%&#%&#%&#%^&#%^&#%^&%#^&# %^&#%$&#!%#$%&^%#*$^( *$%&$@%&^%#@^&%@^*$%&@$%^@$%&@$%&^@$ &#%^&@$%^&@$%^@$%^@$%&@%^&#%^&#%^&am p;am p;#%^*&#%^*#^&%*$#^&%*@#%$&$@%&^@%$& %#^*#^%&*$^&(*^$& sons of (*$^&($&^(&$($^*#%^*#^&*$^&(*$^&( $^&*%#^*$^%*@$Q^%@^$@!#%!#%!#^%%$#@&#%^*$^&*& ; ;%(&%(%&^*%$#^&%#^*$^&*&^%(%&^*& ^%*$^%*&$^%*&$^*$^&*$^&*^$&*$^&*^$&a mp;a mp;*^%&*$%^&#%^&#$&^#%&%$ #^*$^*^$&*^$&(%^&(*$#%^&%#^&#%*&%$@^ &$@^$@%^$#%^#%$&%$^*^$&(*&(&^( ^&*&#%^$@^%@$^#%$&%#^*%^&*&^% ()*^)*&)%&^%&#%&#%&#%^&#%^&#%^&a mp;a mp;%#^&#%^&#%bastards$&#!%#$%&^%#*$^( *$%&$@%&^%#@^&%@^*$%&@$%^@$%&@$%&^@$ &#%^&@$%^&@$%^@$%^@$%&@%^&#%^&#%^&am p;am p;#%^*&#%^*#^&%* $#^&%*@#%$&$@%&^@%$&%#^*#^%&*$^&(*^$ &(*$^&($&^(&$($^*#%^*#^&*$^&(*$^& ; ;( $^&*%#^*$^%*@$Q^%@^$@!#%!#%!#^%%$#@&#%^*$^&*& ;%(&%wipes (%&^*%$#^&%#^*$^&*&^%(%&^*&^%*$^%*&a mp;$^%*&$^*$^&*$^&*^$&*$^&*^$&*^%&am p;*$%^&#%^&#$&^#%&%$ #^*$^*^$&*^$&(%^&(*$#%^&%#^&#%*&%$@^ &$@^$@%^$#%^#%$&%$^*^$&(*&(&^( ^&*&#%^$@^%@$^#%$&%#^*%^&*&^%()*^)*&) %&^%&#%&#%&#%^&#%^&#%^&%#^&# %^&#%$&#!%#$%&^%#*$^( *$%&$@%&^%#@^&%@^*$%&@$%^@$%rectums &@$%&^@$&#%^&@$%^&@$%^@$%^@$%&@%^&am p;#%^&#%^&#%^*&#%^*#^&%* $#^&%*@#%$&$@%&^@%$&%#^*#^%&*$^&(*^$ &(*$^&($&^(&$($^*#%^*#^&*$^&(*$^& ; ;( $^&*%#^*$^%*@$Q^%@^$@!#%!#%!#^%%$#@&#%^*$^&*& ; ;%(&%(%&^*%$#^&%#^*$^&*&^%(%&^*& ^%*$^%*&$^%*&$^*$^&*$^&*^$&*$^&*^$&a mp;a mp;*^%&*$%^&#%^&#$&^#%&%$ #^*$^*^$&*^$&(%^&(*$#%^&%#^&#%*&%$@^ &$@^$@%^$#%^#%$&%$^*^$&(*&(&^( ^&*&#%^$@^%@$^#%$&%#^*%^&*&^% ()*^)*&)%&^%&#%&#%&#%^&#%^&#%^&a mp;a mp;%#^&#%anuns^&#%$&#!%#$%&^%#*$^( *$%&$@%&^%#@^&%@^*$%&@$%^@$%&@$%&^@$ &#%^&@$%^&@$%^@$%^@$%&@%^&#%^&#%^&am p;am p;#%^*&#%^*#^&%* $#^&%*@#%$&$@%&^@%$&%#^*#^%&*$^&(*^$ &(*$^&($&^(&$($^*#%^*#^&*$^&(*$^& ; ;( $^&*%#^*$^%*@$Q^%@^$@!#%!#%!#^%%$#@&#%^*$^&*& ; ;%(&%(%&^*%$#^&%#^*$^&*&^%(%&^*& ^%*$^%*&$^%*&$^*$^&*$^&*^$&*$^&*^$&a mp;a mp;*^%&*$%^&#%^&#$&^#%&%$ #^*$^*^$&*^$&(%^&(*$#%^&%#^&#%*&%$@^ &$@^$@%^$#%^#%$&%$^*^$&(*&(&^( ^&*&#%^$@^%@$^#%$&%#^*%^&*lick my&^%()*^)*&) %&^%&#%&#%&#%^&#%^&#%^&%#^&# %^&#%$&#!%#$%&^%#*$^( *$%&$@%&^%#@^&%@^*$%&@$%^@$%&@$%&^@$ &#%^&@$%^&@$%^@$%^@$%&@%^&#%^&#%^&am p;am p;#%^*&#%^*#^&%* $#^&%*@#%$&$@%&^@%$&%#^*#^%&*$^&(*^$ &(*$^&($&^(&$($^*#%^*#^&*$^&(*$^& ; ;( $^&*%#^*$^%*@$Q^%@^$@!#%!#%!#^%%$#@&#%^*$^&*& ; ;%(&%(%&^*%$#^&%#^*$^&*&^%(%&^*& ^%*$^%*&$^%*&$^*$^&*$^&*^$&*$^&*^$&a mp;a mp;*^%&*$%^&#%^&#$&^#%&%$ #^*$^*^$&*^$&(%^&(*$#%^&%#^&#%*&%$@^ &$@^$@%^$#%^#%$&%$^*^$&(*&(&^( ^&*&#%^$@^%@$^#%$&%#^*%^&*&^% ()*^)*&)%&^%&#%&#%&#%^&#%^&#%^&a mp;a mp;%#^&#%^&#%$&#!%#$%&^%#*$suckers^( *$%&$@%&^%#@^&%@^*$%&@$%^@$%&@$%&^@$ &#%^&@$%^&@$%^@$%^@$%&@%^&#%^&#%^&am p;am p;#%^*&#%^*#^&%* $#^&%*@#%$&$@%&^@%$&%#^*#^%&*$^&(*^$ &(*$^&($&^(&$($^*#%^*#^&*$^&(*$^& ; ;( $^&*%#^*$^%*@$Q^%@^$@!#%!#%!#^%%$#@&#%^*$^&*& ; ;%(&%(%&^*%$#^&%#^*$^&*&^%(%&^*& ^%*$^%*&$^%*&$^*$^&*$^&*^$&*$^&*^$&a mp;a mp;*^%&*$%^&#%^&#$&^#%&%$ #^*$^*^$&*^$&(%^&(*$#%^&%#^&#%*&%$@^ &$@^$@%^$#%^#%$&%$^*^$&(*&(&^( ^twits&*&#%^$@^%@$^#%$&%#^*%^&*&^%()*^)*&) %&^%&#%&#%&#%^&#%^&#%^&%#^&# %^&#%$&#!%#$%&^%#*$^( *$%&$@%&^%#@^&%@^*$%&@$%^@$%&@$%&^@$ &#%^&@$%^&@$%^@$%^@$%&@%^&#%^&#%^&am p;am p;#%^*&#%^*#^&%* $#^&%*@#%$&$@%&^@%$&%#^*#^%&*$^&(*^$ &(*$^&($&^(&$($^*#%^*#^&*$^&(*$^& ; ;( $^&*%#^*$^%*@$Q^%@^$@!#%!#%!#^%%$#@&#%^*$^&*& ; ;%(&%(%&^*%$#^&%#^*$^&*&^%(%&^*& ^%*$^%*&$^%*&$^*$^&*$^&*^$&*$^&*^$&a mp;a mp;*^%&*$%^&#%^&#$&^#%&%$ #^*$^*^$&*^$&(%^&(*$#%^&%#^&#%*&%$@^ &$@^$@%^$#%^#%$&%$^*^$&(*&(&^( ^inbred&*&#%^$@^%@$^#%$&%#^*%^&*&^%()*^)*&) %&^%&#%&#%&#%^&#%^&#%^&%#^&# %^&#%$&#!%#$%&^%#*$^( *$%&$@%&^%#@^&%@^*$%&@$%^@$%&@$%&^@$ &#%^&@$%^&@$%^@$%^@$%&@%^&#%^&#%^&am p;am p;#%^*&#%^*#^&%* $#^&%*@#%$&$@%&^@%$&%#^*#^%&*$^&(*^$ &(*$^&($&^(&$($^*#%^*#^&*$^&(*$^& ; ;( $^&*%#^*$^%*@$Q^%@^$@!#%!#%!#^%%$#@&#%^*$^&*& ; ;%(&%(%&^*%$#^&%#^*$^&*&^%(%&^*& ^%*$^%*&$^%*&$^*$^&*$^&*^$&*$^&*^$&a mp;a mp;*^%&*$%^&#%^&#$&^#%&%$ #^*$^*^$&*^$&(%^&(*$#%^&%#^&#%*&%$@^ &$@^$@%^$#%^#%$&%$^*^$&(*&(&^( ^closet &*&#%^$@^%@$^#%$&%#^*%^&*&^%()*^)*&) %&^%&#%&#%&#%^&#%^&#%^&%#^&# %^&#%$&#!%#$%&^%#*$^( *$%&$@%&^%#@^&%@^*$%&@$%^@$%&@$%&^@$ &#%^&@$%^&@$%^@$%^@$%&@%^&#%^&#%^&am p;am p;#%^*&#%^*#^&%* $#^&%*@#%$&$@%&^@%$&%#^*#^%&*$^&(*^$ &(*$^&($&^(&$($^*#%^*#^&*$^&(*$^& ; ;( $^&*%#^*$^%*@$Q^%@^$@!#%!#%!#^%%$#@&#%^*$^&*& ; ;%(&%(%&^*%$#^&%#^*$^&*&^%(%&^*& ^%*$^%*&$^%*&$^*$^&*$^&*^$&*$^&*^$&a mp;a mp;*^%&*$%^&#%^&#$&^#%&%$ #^*$^*^$&*^$&(%^&(*$#%^&%#^&#%*&%$@^ &$@^$@%^$#%^#%$&%$^*^$&(*&(&^( ^&*&#%^$@^%@$^#%$&%#^*%^&*&^%()*^)*&)and more..........

Speculation is the only tool we have with a threat that can circle the globe in 30 days. Test results&news is slow.Factor in human conditions,politics, money&bingo!The truth!Facts come after the fact.
sweets View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2006 at 7:14pm

I have added this photo of the President of the United States. Do with it as you please!!!!

GO Corn!!!!

I'm not a ribbering Jidiot!
www.exaltedshrimp.com
Corn View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2006 at 7:18pm

I can't believe the WHO finally meets and has a US bashing party!

The chide us for only initally spending two billion ?  anyone knows how government works that more is to follow one the infrastructure is in place. you can't just pour $$ on it initally.

besides we supposed to pay for everybody in the worlds vaccine? SCREW THE WHO!

Speculation is the only tool we have with a threat that can circle the globe in 30 days. Test results&news is slow.Factor in human conditions,politics, money&bingo!The truth!Facts come after the fact.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic