Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Ukraine-Swine Flu Mutation?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2009 at 1:51pm
dennis... Radiation effected areas as far west as Britian... so the people in Western Ukraine may have been also... see map...west of Chernobyl...

Please note the areas of illness...

Posted: 30 October 2009 at 3:47pm

Ukraine no stranger to  Flu.

back in 2007...

From Ukraintrek.com...

18/02/2007

As many as 3,3000 schools are on quarantine, presently due to flu epidemic in Ukraine.

................................................................................................................................

Western Ukraine Hard Hit By Illness

Scroll down to see photos of each area

Prime minister mentioned quarantine in ...

Ternopil regions, where flu cases were registered.
http://ukrainetrek.com/Ternopol_Oblast.shtml

and quarantine in six neighbouring regions:

Khmelnytskyi, and
http://ukrainetrek.com/Khmelnitski_Oblast.shtml

Mary008

dennis2 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Original Join Date: Long Term Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennis2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2009 at 2:11pm
So if the two are linked, why the hot spots of the flu in Lviv and Minsk where the radiation levels are < 15curries of Cs per Km^2 and not in the radiative hot spots (hundreds of miles removed) of >40 Cu per km^2? 

Again, what scientific study can you point to that shows any correlation of radiation exposure and cases of flu? I would be interested.  I do not see an obvious correlation. A large number of the flu cases are in children borned well after the Chernobyl event.  If there was a correlation, I would expect the death rate to be  higher in the older people that were more heavily exposed during the 1986 event.  That is to say,  I would expect a large variation in the death rates between those born before and after. Those born before 86 would have a much greater exposure.  
after all is said and done- more is said than done
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2009 at 3:42pm

hi dennis...
any information you may want can be found here and on many other  sites.

Mary008
Loribearme View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loribearme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2009 at 4:12pm
The radiation affected person would get the swine flu and the virus would be more able to mutate.  to the nasty form like 1918 had!   Read the history of the 1918 spanish flu and you will see that correlation.   Also they had the same kind of lungs that would bleed out too!
Loribearme View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loribearme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2009 at 4:23pm
http://iraqwar.mirror-world.ru/tiki-read_article.php?articleId=209772

Report: Flu vaccine in Ukraine maybe contaminated with live bird flu virus
By: The Flu Case on: 03.11.2009 [11:55 ] (197 reads)

(2067 bytes) [c] Print
Unconfirmed reports from the Ukraine say that the seasonal flu vaccine used was contaminated by the live bird flu H5N1 virus and that the presence of the artifical virus has resulted in the unusually large numbers of deaths and cases of sick people.

The symptoms reported are consistent with people being infected with the bird flu virus, namely severe lung infections, blood and pneumonia.

The panic caused by the emergence of such a virus will help big pharma, the media and WHO/UN stampede people into taking the swine flu jab.

Other safe and effective measures that offer protection against a lethal virus, such as colloidal silver, MMS, face masks and vitamins are not being mentioned by the mainstream media.

Also, WHO has officially said that the seasonal flu jab can contain a "pandemic" virus, paving the way for big pharma to put in virulent viruses.

WHO supplied Baxter in Austria with the live bird flu virus which Baxter then used to contaminated 72 kilos of seasonal flu vaccine this February.

Because Baxter is obliged to adhere to biosafety level 3 regulations when handling the aritifical bird flu virus, developed by Jeffrey Taubenberg in a US bioweapons lab, an accidental contamination can be ruled out.

Baxter distributed the 72 kilos of contaminated vaccine material with a false label to 16 labs in four countries — Czech Republic, Slovenia, Germany and Austria — so nearly triggering a bird flu pandemic, according to the Times of India.

A WHO affiliated scientist in France, Professor Bruno Lina, told the local media this summer he was looking for a gene to make the swine flu more virulent.

Injecting the live bird flu virus into people will increase the chances of a lethal virus mutation emerging as happened in Indonesia when a WHO mandated vaccination campaign led to an outbreak of bird flu.

http://www.theflucase.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1565:unconfirmed-reports-seasonal-flu-vaccine-in-ukraine-contaminated-with-live-bird-flu-virus&catid=41:highlighted-news&Itemid=105&lang=en
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2009 at 4:33pm
Right - I wouldn't expect it to get far in the US if this is the case, since most Dr.s here seem to want to hand out anti-biotics along with a flu diagnosis just to ward off any potential co-infection.

On the other hand, if people do catch PP and think they have the flu, we could see fatilities from people who try to just "get through it."

There aren't many good options here.  The only way to protect the population from PP would be to tell people to assume they have it if they get sick and seek treatment immediately.  Then you get panic.  On the other hand, if you supress the info, you get a lot of deaths - which depending on how boged down the system already is dealing with H1N1, may not have been avoidable any way.
Technologist View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2009 at 9:56pm
I've looked into the possibility of a mutation in Ukraine and I don't see any at all. It looks like what we have here in the US. It's spreading quickly because of ideal weather and weak economy. The lack of advanced medical care, Medicine or even vaccinations to treat it. This is pushing the death toll somewhat higher then in the US per infection.

Some parts of the US are still going to peak much higher as the weather gets colder while some regions are already dropping.

The Current death toll in the Ukraine is 70 with 250,000 Infections.
That's a .028% CFR and the lack of proper medical care greatly effects the CFR.

http://www.kyivpost.com/news/nation/detail/51857/

Med the guy that wrote a Book on REAL UFO sightings made his own thread talking about everything from 15% CRF to 100% CFR :)

If people want to panic and think about Radioactive mutations thats understandable but extremely unlikely.
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2009 at 10:38pm
 Radioactive mutations

out on a limb...   The point is ...anyone with an underlying condition is more at risk.

(how will the Ukranian people feel about Baxter vaccine?)

What vaccine will be available to them?

Mary008
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2009 at 10:54pm
From what I've read, the "California" H1N1 isn't particularly prone to reassortment.  Whether that speaks to mutation through exposure to radiation, or spontaneous mutation, I highly doubt since these are entirely different processes.

I think the "unknowns" leading to speculation about the possibility of mutation are the reports of victims with lungs flooded with blood.  Also as you point out, the CFR is very low, despite even the lack of medical care and sanitation. 

But here's the part that doesn't fit plain vanilla H1N1:  From
By Yulia Makoveeva, MIGnews.com.ua
Health Minister Vasyl Knyazevich has given information about spread of diseases in the Ternopil, Ivano-Frankivsk and Lviv Regions today at the meeting of Cabinet of Ministers. <snip>
A closed meeting has been held in Ivano-Frankivsk, at which participants agreed that epidemic of the so-called "pneumonic plague" is being spread throughout Ukraine. But the problem is its form is unknown, it is ATYPICAL nobody knows how to treat it.

Summing up, some (but not all) cases of influenza like illness are presenting like pneumonic plague, and based on the numbers (which vary greatly depending on where you get them), the CFR doesn't fit will for either illness.  That leaves us with mutation or co-infection.

So far I haven't heard any reports of people in the US coughing/spitting up blood:

Blood spitting, growing respiratory disorders, heart failure, respiratory failure, shock are being observed.

Originally posted by Technologist Technologist wrote:

I've looked into the possibility of a mutation in Ukraine and I don't see any at all. It looks like what we have here in the US. It's spreading quickly because of ideal weather and weak economy. The lack of advanced medical care, Medicine or even vaccinations to treat it. This is pushing the death toll somewhat higher then in the US per infection.

Some parts of the US are still going to peak much higher as the weather gets colder while some regions are already dropping.

The Current death toll in the Ukraine is 70 with 250,000 Infections.
That's a .028% CFR and the lack of proper medical care greatly effects the CFR.

http://www.kyivpost.com/news/nation/detail/51857/

Med the guy that wrote a Book on REAL UFO sightings made his own thread talking about everything from 15% CRF to 100% CFR :)

If people want to panic and think about Radioactive mutations thats understandable but extremely unlikely.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2009 at 5:10am
No updates?  Let's hope the Ukraine has not decided to suppress info or current news to avert a possible panic.   If we could get updates, then perhaps we can follow this event (or wave) as it spreads around the world, and prior to it reaching North America.   If the virus is following the cold temps, it might be a slow-mover.   

No updates on the rate of infection or spread?  No latest CFR/deaths? 

dennis2 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennis2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2009 at 7:09am

here are the most current stats I find:

Ukraine's deadly flu outbreak widened on Wednesday, as government officials announced new emergency measures in an attempt to control the spread of the illness. More than 478,000 people were registered with national health authorities as suffering from the flu, of whom 17 had confirmed cases of swine flu, Health Ministry spokeswoman Lyudmila Luharska said.

The nationwide death count from flu-related illnesses since late October stood at 86, Luharska said at a Kiev press conference, according to the Ukrainska Pravda website.
dennis2 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennis2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2009 at 7:10am
roni3470 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roni3470 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2009 at 7:38am
I am most interested in whether its a new strain or not.  The amount of people sick is staggering but as some have pointed out, it could be due to poor conditions there and to me is not a good indicator of what we are dealing with there.  How long do you think it will be before we know about the strain?
NOW is the Season to Know

that Everything you Do

is Sacred
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2009 at 8:47am

From 200,000 sick to 478,000 in 72 hours?  This wave is growing very large rather quickly.   Europe appears to be on the brink of being overtaken by this wave via its exponential rate of spread.  This must be when 40% of the pop is infected?  Either way, I would say that it's reasonable to assume that this wave is heading for North America.   

mercurymom View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercurymom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2009 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by Albert Albert wrote:

Either way, I would say that it's reasonable to assume that this wave is heading for North America.   

Sadly, I think you're right, Albert. :-(
There is nothing to fear except the persistent refusal to find out the truth, the persistent refusal to analyze the causes of happenings. ~ Dorothy Thompson
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2009 at 5:16pm

I think they are afraid as there is so much illness at once... but the numbers of deaths are not extreme...for their population.

Ukraine Nurses, Patients Make Masks as Flu Spreads
Bloomberg - Halia Pavliva - ‎7 hours ago‎
4 (Bloomberg) -- Nurses and patients at the town hospital in Chernivstsi, Ukraine, came together in an unusual task today: making their own protective masks ...

EU must help Ukraine to fight flu - Poland
Reuters - Gabriela Baczynska, David Stamp - ‎Nov 3, 2009‎
WARSAW, Nov 3 (Reuters) - Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk has called on the European Union to help neighbouring Ukraine fight a flu epidemic and a growing ...

Poland urges EU to assist Ukraine in fighting swine flu pandemic RIA Novosti
all 22 news articles »Email this storyABC NewsMost cases of influenza in Ukraine might have been caused by H1N1 virus, says WHO

Интерфакс - Украина - ‎14 hours ago‎
Laboratory testing in Ukraine has confirmed pandemic H1N1 influenza virus in samples taken from patients in two of the most affected regions, the WHO said. ...
Pandemic (H1N1) 2009, Ukraine ReliefWeb (press release)
UN health agency urges countries to remain prepared for H1N1 virus

Mary008

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2009 at 5:17pm
If 30% of the Ukraine population is about to become sick, that could happen very fast with exponential growth every 3 days.   Maybe this is similar to a flu tsunami of some sort?  We need to track the rate of infection carefully.  If it continues to double every few days as it spreads across Europe, then we might in fact be able to track (or guess) its path or possible time of arrival in the U.S.  Remember, 30% - 40% are predicted to get this new flu within months.   As temps begin to fall in the U.S. the new flu will move in.

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2009 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by Mary008 Mary008 wrote:

see how illness in  NY has shot up in 2 weeks...     note: distance between dots is one week.

find your area....  

All regions where the temp is dropping, the rate of infections are increasing.  The southern states where it is warm, the rates are dropping.  This flu bug obviously thrives in the cold, and in a big way.  It appears to be weak and slow moving in the warmer climates, but it becomes super bug when the temps drop.    This is going to be a rough winter.  Once the temps drop such as in Europe, the potential next (and most severe) wave will most likely hit.   We probably haven't had wave two as of yet, nor can we compare this pandemic with previous ones as this one is moving differently.  The one moves (spreads) almost in tandem with the decreasing (spreading) cold temps. 

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2009 at 5:37pm
hi...   yes we have had some cold nights.  the days are still fairly warm but lake areas and northern NY have more illness.   I honestly did not think illness would shoot up so soon here in NY.

since the info wasn't Ukraine related I put the

Find your area-
here

Mary008

4=laro View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4=laro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2009 at 9:35pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWIzHOikETc&feature=related

Maybe this will help clear up the water.  Lots more happening then you can imagine.
waenderer View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waenderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2009 at 11:28pm
the link doesn t work
coyote View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2009 at 3:51am
Link: Parliamentarian: Cold and flu epidemic kills 96 in Ukraine

The cold and flu epidemic has killed 96 people in Ukraine, including nine children, seven pregnant women and six doctors, head of the Ukrainian parliament's health committee Tetiana Bakhteyeva said in an address to parliament on Thursday. Ukrainian regions do not have laboratories to diagnose the virus. There are only 200 diagnostic sets in Kyiv. Also, the regions do not have a sufficient amount of mechanical lung ventilation units, she said. "The country was not prepared for the epidemic," she said

Long time lurker since day one to Member.
coyote View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2009 at 3:55am

Doctor: Seven die of swine flu, 19 of acute pneumonia in Belarus
Yesterday at 21:04 | Interfax-Ukraine

Minsk, November 4 (Interfax) - In two weeks 19 people have died of acute pneumonia in Belarus, the swine flu virus was officially confirmed in seven of them, Chief Sanitation Doctor of Belarus Valentina Kachan told the Minsk press on Wednesday.

She said the swine flu virus has been officially diagnosed through laboratory tests in 85 citizens of Belarus. Presently 31 of them are in hospital.

http://www.kyivpost.com/news/russia/detail/51929/
hope4bestprep4wrst View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hope4bestprep4wrst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2009 at 4:10am
Thanks coyote!
This link supposedly reports that out of the  96 documented deaths in the Ukraine, there are 6 doctors, 7 pregnant women and 9 children, which would suggest a significant undercount of those who are more easily missed or overlooked. Tech , or anyone who understands babblefish, if you are good with translation software, can you get this translated?

http://www.unian.net/rus/news/news-345138.html
Be Well
Technologist View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2009 at 4:21am
Originally posted by hope4bestprep4wrst hope4bestprep4wrst wrote:

Thanks coyote!This link supposedly reports that out of the 96 documented deaths in the Ukraine, there are 6 doctors, 7 pregnant women and 9 children, which would suggest a significant undercount of those who are more easily missed or overlooked. Tech , or anyone who understands babblefish, if you are good with translation software, can you get this translated?http://www.unian.net/rus/news/news-345138.html

Here's that page almost perfectly translated into Engish.

http://www.unian.net/eng/news/news-345183.html

I spotted a symbol that said "eng" to find it : )
Also now the entire site is in english if you want to dig deeper. If you find any grammatical errors. Just highlight the words and click Control Enter. An editor on that site will correct the mistakes for you. It's pretty cool that they will do that.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2009 at 4:34am

There could be a problem if 6 doctors are dead, considering the docs have access to immediate medical (antiviral) care.    If there are 6 docs dead,  that would probably indicate that the overall number of deaths could be significantly higher than what's being reported.  This is a matter of common sense.   We will not know what we're dealing with unless we get some accurate numbers, and within about a week or so.   

6 doctors dead in a week.   Something quite serious is taking place.  

If we can get an update on the new number of infections, then we can predict how fast it's continuing to grow and spread.   Monitoring the growth of this flu wave might give us a few days head start in the event that it's heading our way, which I believe it is. 

Albert
waenderer View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waenderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2009 at 4:55am
if the doctors die....  how are they going to help the people ...with what ?
Wishbone View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wishbone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2009 at 5:05am
Originally posted by Technologist Technologist wrote:

Originally posted by hope4bestprep4wrst hope4bestprep4wrst wrote:

Here's that page almost perfectly translated into Engish.

http://www.unian.net/eng/news/news-345183.html

Also now the entire site is in english if you want to dig deeper..

Also on that page I found the following article:

Price for garlic in Cherkassy is UAH 55 per kg

The price for garlic in Cherkassy reached UAH 55 per kg. The price for small garlic is UAH 44 per kg and the price for big garlic is UAH 55 per kg at the Cherkassy wholesale vegetable market. It is possible to buy garlic only in some sales outlets out of 160 sales outlets.

An owner of one of the sales outlets at the wholesale vegetable market disclosed to UNIAN that some days ago buyers bought a monthly stock of garlic.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Garlic has been used in Europe for centuries to treat flu, colds, plague and other ailments.
Do you  have garlic in your preps?

History counts its skeletons in round numbers.
A thousand and one remains a thousand,
as though the one had never existed:
an imaginary embryo, an empty cradle...
emptiness running down steps toward the garden,
nobody's place in line...

Wislawa Szymborska

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2009 at 5:06am
Let's think about the ratio, or number, of doctor deaths compared to patient deaths during the pandemic.   For example, maybe for every 1,000 patients that die,  a doctor will die?  So every 1/1,000 cases, a doctor will die.  Or maybe for every 10,000 patient deaths, a doctor will die?   How many actual deaths are we dealing with here is the question.  We are clearly not getting the whole story if they reporting less than 100 total deaths, 6 of which are doctors. 

Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2009 at 5:44am
I wish we could get more accurate information on this. It would be nice to know what we are REALLY dealing with!  6 doctors is alot.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2009 at 5:56am
If the number of infections doubles again over the next day or two, and we cross the 1 mill threshhold (in approx the last two weeks) that will leave little doubt of what to expect.   The problem with 30% - 40% of the pop falling ill is that it could happen roughly at the same time instead of gradually, which could be a potential disaster.   Like I said, that's why I would call a wave like this a flu tsunami.  

Glow View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2009 at 9:01am

Flu Epidemic Spreads Across Ukraine, Killing 86

Health Ministry keeping watch, figure expected to rise

By Andrey Volkov
Epoch Times Staff
Nov 4, 2009

Ukrainian%20city%20of%20Lviv%20
A boy wears a mask in the center of the western Ukrainian city of Lviv on Oct. 30, 2009. (Yuriy Dyachyshyn/AFP/Getty Images)

KYIV, Ukraine—A pneumonia believed to be similar to the H1N1 virus has killed 86 people in Ukraine as of Wednesday, according to the country’s Ministry of Health.

A World Health Organization team arrived in Ukraine on Monday to investigate the situation in the country and advise Ukrainian doctors. The total number of infected is thought to be up to 500,000.

Some medical experts say that vaccinations need to be provided to curtail the spread of the epidemic, while others are of the opinion that it is too late for that.

“In a situation where the disaster already exists, vaccination is impossible,” said Tatiana Bakhteyeva, head of the Health Committee of the Ukrainian Parliament, as reported by Ukrainian media.

Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko announced last week plans to put all schools in nine regions under quarantine. President Viktor Yushchenko, also called on international organizations to provide the country with antivirus medication.

There are no more face masks available at pharmacies, so people are now making their own from gauze bandages. They have started eating garlic and onions, believing that this will boost resistance to infection.

Health Minister Vasyl Knyazevich called on politicians not to comment on the epidemic so as to not create panic among the population.

The virus mostly affected the western part of the country.
Last Updated
Nov 4, 2009

coyote View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2009 at 9:08am
www.kyivpost.com...

Update: more death, illness
Today at 14:10 | (Wire reports)
Ukraine’s Health Ministry on Nov. 5 said the death toll of patients with flu-related and acute respiratory illnesses (ARI) had jumped to 95.

Deputy Health Minister Zinoviy Mytnik said told journalists during a press briefing that a total of 633, 877 cases of flu-related and ARI have been registered from Oct. 29 through Nov. 5.

Mytnik said 15 of 31 patient samples sent to London for laboratory analysis tested positive for the H1N1, or swine flu, virus.

Meanwhile, over 600 medical workers in Kyiv have fallen sick with the flue and acute respiratory illnesses, according to Kyiv deputy Mayor Iryna Kilchitskaya, who on Nov. 5 told a daily Kyiv newspaper that 200 of the afflicted are doctors.

In a related story, Ihor Pokanevych, head of the WHO office in Kyiv, told Deutsche Welle on Nov. 5 that in Ukraine, as in the rest of the world, there will be three waves of the swine flu virus: the first – which Ukraine is experiencing now, the second – in the spring, and the third – during the autumn of 2010.

Pokanevych noted that the current pandemic is complicated to sort out because it involves three strains of flu virus: two seasonal strains [of the Brisbane] flu and the swine flu, which as a result could lead the virus to mutate into a still more virulent, new virus.

AND...

London lab confirms 15 swine flu cases in Ukraine, says health ministry

KYIV, November 5 /UKRINFORM/. A British laboratory has confirmed 15 cases of the A/H1N1 flu virus in Ukraine, Deputy Health Minister Zinoviy Mytnyk has said.

"We've received 15 positive results out of the 34 samples, which we sent to London mainly from [Ukraine's] western regions," he said.

Mytnyk declined to say who of the 15 people diagnosed with swine flu had died, recovered, or is undergoing medical treatment.

The Health Ministry reported

Source:

www.ukrinform.ua...
Glow View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2009 at 9:37am

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2009 at 10:01am
  Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko ... I might agree with her... The EU uses adjuvanted vaccine....  

It would be difficult

to compare the health between citizens of different countries.

All countries do not share similar levels of good health.

Belarus  ... A Vulnerable Population? 

...About one fifth of Belarus' residents inhabit areas

contaminated by that accident (Chernobyl)
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2009 at 10:41am

Ukraine

...However, Tymoshenko, who insisted there is no swine flu pandemic in the country, but instead an ordinary seasonal flu outbreak, said on Tuesday "the situation has stabilized," as the growth of flu cases has slowed down somewhat.

Tymoshenko earlier criticized drug stores for shortages of medicines and blamed "media hysteria" and politicians' populist statements for causing the deficit. She pledged further measures to curb the flu, as well as the panic.

Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2009 at 10:55am

Over the past day in Lviv died four other people, sick flu, told Interfax-Ukraine "the press service of the Lviv city council.

In general, since the epidemic began in Lviv from influenza, ORVZ and viral pneumonia in 14 people have died.

At 08.00 on Thursday in hospital of Lviv were 459 people diagnosed with "pneumonia", of which 14 people placed in the intensive care unit.

http://www.interfax.com.ua/rus/

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."   G Orwell
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2009 at 11:22am
File:Maidan%20Nezalezhnosti%20%28Kiev%29.jpg

KIEV

Ukraine

...However, Tymoshenko, who insisted there is no swine flu pandemic in the country, but

instead an ordinary seasonal flu outbreak, said on Tuesday "the situation has stabilized,"

as the growth of flu cases has slowed down somewhat.

Tymoshenko earlier criticized drug stores for shortages of medicines and blamed "media

hysteria" and politicians' populist statements for causing the deficit. She pledged further

measures to curb the flu, as well as the panic.

http://en.for-ua.com/news/2009/11/03/175600.html

KIEV, Ukraine

The government announced a series of strict measures such as school closures and a ban on public events, including rallies, last week after the first confirmed swine flu death.
Yushchenko, unlikely to win re-election with support at 5 percent of the population or under, was due to hold his rally on Saturday -- after the measures were put in place.

"The first and most effective method of prevention is not to allow mass gatherings of people. But, ignoring this rule, hundreds of thousands of people were brought to Kiev for various events from different regions," Yushchenko told television stations in a broadcast to the nation.

"I want to stress that those who organised these events knew the situation and they've ignored it. The parliament speaker and the leader of the opposition and, most importantly, the prime minister, ignored the facts of the epidemics," Yushchenko said.

"This is completely similar to the May Day rallies in Kiev after the Chernobyl disaster," he said referring to the Soviet cover-up of the 1986 nuclear reactor explosion to Ukrainians who were exposed to radiation for days without knowing of it.

Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2009 at 11:24am
News / 5 November 2009 | 16:17

Yushchenko asking UN to hold virus expert examination of Ukraine

Scope of flu epidemic, including California virus, is immense in Ukraine, Ukrainian President Viktor Yushchenko told reporters. "We have specific risk factors, aggravating the epidemic exactly in Ukraine, which is seen from findings of both the National Security and Defense Council and international experts," the head of state said.

Yushchenko emphasized that Ukraine was hit by three at once hard virus infectious agents - two seasonal and Californian flues.  Virologists say, as a result of mutations, this combination of infections may produce an even more aggressive new virus.

"That is why I addressed the United Nations with the request to conduct a virology expert examination of Ukraine, and set up an appropriate laboratory to take efficient anti-epidemic measures," the President emphasized.

ForUm
http://eng.for-ua.com/news/2009/11/05/161736.html
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."   G Orwell
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2009 at 11:27am

on...   

Yushchenko asking UN to hold virus expert examination of Ukraine

Ukraine News...

....    Virologists say   .....

?

Yushchenko-

I addressed the United Nations with the request to conduct a virology expert examination of Ukraine

(opposition parties ...still battling it out.)

Yushchenko, unlikely to win re-election with support at 5 percent of the population or under, was due to hold his rally on Saturday -- after the measures (no public gatherings) were put in place.

from Wanderer...

the WHO confirms on its site that...434.000...comfirmed a/h1n1 patients....

71 died?

CFR?

Hug
coyote View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2009 at 11:39am
Polish Health Minister cut off after accusing WHO of spreading disinformation in Ukraine
November 5, 2009
digdeep1.wordpress.com...

TV transmission of a live parliamentary debate in Poland was cut off for fifteen minutes today after the Polish Health Minister Ewa Kopacz said that WHO was spreading disinformation in the Ukraine concerning the „swine flu“ pandemic.

Kopacz has come under fierce criticism from some quarters after she said she will resist pressure to press ahead with the mass vaccination of the population with untested swine flu jabs that could cause damage and death to more people than the swine flu.

The unexpected interruption of the TV and website transmission of the debate in parliament will fuel fears that portions of the Polish media and government allied to big pharma and banks are censoring critics of WHO and of the toxic and untested swine flu jabs.

The Polish Health Minister was cut off in the middle of answering questions on the „swine flu“ jab and footage of French President Nicholas Sarkozy was shown, it is reported.

Kopacz has been celebrated as a „hero“ by the general public for her stance in putting the health of the general public before the profits of big pharma and WHO.
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2009 at 12:18pm

Nov. 5, 2009

UKRAINE
Appropriate Actions

Ukrainian parliament passes resolution on situation with flu epidemic

WHO praises government's actions to fight flu epidemic in Ukraine, says premier

Mary008
LisaP View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LisaP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2009 at 1:58pm
Another update - Macedonian news agency reporting 24,000 hospitalized in the Ukraine, and the number of infected patients has doubled in 2 days. I'm a little confused because they report infections as just under 500,000 but then state that the number of infected individuals has doubled to just under a million.

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean I'm wrong.
LisaP View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LisaP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2009 at 2:00pm

My apologies - this information was reported yesterday -

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean I'm wrong.
roni3470 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roni3470 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2009 at 2:48pm
I think that is supposed to say just under 1/2 million.  if you read all the other stuff, that appears to be the text that is missing.  anyways, i sure hope the WHO does issue a report today or tomorrow so we know what we are dealing with!
NOW is the Season to Know

that Everything you Do

is Sacred
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic