Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - My experience of getting the Swine flu jab in the
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

My experience of getting the Swine flu jab in the

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My experience of getting the Swine flu jab in the
    Posted: November 28 2009 at 2:20am

My daughter and I are classed as being in the high risk group and receive the seasonal jab every year from our GP. When it came to get the swine flu vacciene, my daughter had no problem, but I met a wall of lies from some people who tried to prevent me from having it.

I was booked in to have the jab, then the clinic told me I did not qualify (one person was insistant I should not have it). My GP had previously told me I should have it ASAP and made notes on my record to indicate this. The woman who was trying to prevent me from having it at the clinic could see these notes, but said i would not recieve it. I asked her if she had the authority to over rule the clinical decision of a doctor and she refused to answer, but said I would not recieve the jab.
I went to see my GP again and told him what had happened. He confirmed I should recieve the jab and put more notes on the system to insist I had it that day - and detailed my medical history. He also said, if they have a problem with that, they should call him and tell him!

I went to the clinic, told the receptionist what had happened. she put me back on the list. As i sat in the waiting room, she called ma over saying she had been told to take me off the list and told that I did not qualify (it was the same non medical assistant as last time who told her this). She told me only people with conditions x, y, z etc qualified. I told her I had all those AND my GP insisted I have it today and she was to call him. She went away and spoke with the same woman again, came back and told me i couldnt have it!

I just told her I was going to have it and they had no authority to over rule a doctor. They then said my doctor was wrong and he had no authority!

Cut a long story short, I ignored the receptionist and the woman who was hiding away in the corner trying to pretend she was someone important and went in to see the nurse. The nurse looked at the system, saw my doctors notes and gave me the swine flu and seasonal jabs straight away.

My wife had called earlier to ask if she could have the seasonal flu jab. The same woman who tried to stop me having the swine flu jab, told her there were no seasonal flu jabs left and that she was not eligible anyway (when she is and has it every year)

After the nurse gave me the jabs, she looked on the system and said she could see my wife had enquired about the jab as well and she would book her in for an appointment to have it! She confirmed that there were loads left!

It is clear this one, non medically trained person (suffering from status frustration) was lying to people and trying to over rule doctors!

Trust me, I have already started the complaints procedure and wont stop until she is sacked.

I would tell anyone else who is told they dont qualify, dont listen. If you know you do, ignore them and insist you have it.

Keep safe,

Chris
PrepGirl View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrepGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2009 at 10:26am
Well I ran into the same exact thing. But finally got the shot.  After they turned everyone away they ended up giving the shot to anyone and everyone who walked in the door.
Reason why cause they was only giving it to pregnant woman, children under certain age,well no one came that fit that catergory..........sooooo they decided to give it to anyone who came in.  You should have seen the people making phone calls. Otherwise the techs would have just been standing there and not giving out jabs.
What a system.  /gotta love it.
well never the less my husband got his and my mother inlaw.
after they said i couldnt have it we all got it.
wait a few minutes things change.
PrepGirl
PrepGirl View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrepGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2009 at 10:28am
Oh did i mention i was high risk group also.  That was refered by a docter. I just had heart bypass surgery few months ago and still recovering.  Im 53 years old.  So I think i fit in the chronic illness catergory.  I also have asthma and bronchitis. /but the tech insist no way will you get one today..............were following cdc guidelines
And I said well honey you better go online and read them again
PrepGirl
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2009 at 8:05pm
below.case of....An American in London during the summer..... (high risk group)

amazing that people are not aware that Doctors in the US have been assisting patients

over the phone for years... during extreme flu seasons/other illness... 

England is small... but smart to use this practice during time of such stress on patients...

whereas the Nuts (Mgt.)  in the USA are still not getting it...

NO CLUE CLINIC USA

"Oh, Your feeling half dead? well get up, get dressed and drive on over here, and Doc will have a look at you."

As of press time, England is the only country using the National Pandemic Flu Service that allows patients to have their symptoms and medical history reviewed by a general practitioner over the phone or Internet. If the doctor determines the patient has H1N1 swine flu, he or she may provide the patient with a prescription code to take to the pharmacy for treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic