Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Wind Power & American Energy Innovation Council
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Wind Power & American Energy Innovation Council

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wind Power & American Energy Innovation Council
    Posted: June 11 2010 at 9:20pm

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/06_01/WindTurbineL_468x338.jpg

Wind Power    >>>    Get Out Of Town

American Energy Innovation Council

...The executive group, which calls itself the American Energy Innovation Council,
will propose a series of measures that it hopes will transcend the politics of the
moment and put the nation on a path to a different energy future.

Make sure they check out the things people hate about wind power-

the noise of the huge propellers, the flashing as the shadows move across the ground.
It makes people nervous and dizzy.  It is disruptive to daily life. And they are Ugly.

Make sure that the American Energy Innovation Council lives with it for>>  a week.

It sounded Like a Great Idea...

If T. Boone wants to put up wind towers along the major migratory flyway,
we need to sit him down and tell him why it's not a good idea.  And talk to the Brits
who just had to scrap a big off shore wind power deal because over 100 of the monster structures were found to interfer with a defence radar system .

Take a page from the Brits-

http://www.moorsydeactiongroup.org.uk/

Have the American Energy Innovation Council visit people who use solar.

No noise, no flashing. less Ugly.

Companies are pulling out because people are showing great opposition to
The Ugly Noisy, flashing Monsters....

Vestas, a Danish company which is the world's biggest wind energy group, announced
in April it was pulling out of the UK, citing the difficulties of getting wind farms built
in Britain in the face of local "Nimby" opposition campaigns and the
slowness of the planning system.

The smaller turbines are not much better....
Noise from Small Wind Turbines: An Unaddressed Issue

New report ties wind turbine noise to potential health problems

http://www.wind-watch.org/news/2009/07/22/
new-report-ties-wind-turbine-noise-to-potential-health-problems/

Noise Impacts of Terrestrial Wind Turbines
by Sam Rigotti

"Sleep Disturbance and Wind Turbine Noise."

Founder of the Leicester Sleep Disorders Service, which is the longest standing
and largest service of its kind in Great Britain, Dr. Christopher Hanning's work
 in the area of sleep disorders has spanned thirty years. He currently chairs the
advisory panel of the SOMNIA study, a major project investigating sleep quality
in the elderly.

Dr. Hanning writes, "Sleep disturbance and impairment of the ability to return
to sleep is not trivial, as almost all of us can testify."

http://betterplan.squarespace.com/todays-special/2009/7/22/72209-
why-is-wind-turbine-noise-a-potential-health-hazard.html

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2010 at 5:46pm

energy thoiughts ...

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2010 at 7:27pm

Bill Gates' American Energy Innovation Council Unveils "Business Plan for America's Future"

BY Ariel SchwartzWed June 9, 2010

and...

Bill Gates Goes Nuclear With Toshiba's 4S Reactor

BY Addy DugdaleTue Mar 23, 2010

More on GE

Witness General Electric's announcement that it's partnering with the City of Yangzhou, China, to build a smart grid “demonstration center” in the city of 4 million, with the goal of deploying some of the tested technologies within four years.

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2010 at 7:30pm

American Energy Innovation Counsel

OUR COMMITMENT TO CLEAN ENERGY  

We have had the great privilege, as business leaders, of building companies that have become leaders in their respective fields, and employ hundreds of thousands of American workers. Our experience in building these companies has given us a common and unshakable belief in the power of innovation.

THE PLAN

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2010 at 7:46pm

So little oil...  

Military Concern

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2010 at 8:34am

Congress Get A Clue...

Solar Struggles for U.S. Market

By ALLISON LINN
Updated 8:01 AM EDT, Mon, Jun 14, 2010

While the U.S. has spent decades developing competitive solar technology, efforts to

translate that research into the marketplace have faltered because of a

lack of national strategy, experts say.

article here-

Mary008
mrmouse View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2010 at 10:16pm
Obama: My Plan Makes Electricity Rates Skyrocket!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlTxGHn4sH4&feature=player_embedded
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2010 at 7:33am
haha Mouse, Obama's plan is just to legislate alternative energy into existence! He's got his special God Pen with which to do it!

Wind power simply can't work. The EROEI is actually negative. Meaning that the amount of energy (Oil) it takes just to build the windmill, turbine, wires, storage capacitor, and the maintenance is actually higher than the amount of energy the windmill will ever produce in its entire lifetime. You'd have actually been better off just burning the oil in the first place! Like Ethanol, it is a boondoggle.
Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views. - William F. Buckley
Suzi2 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzi2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2010 at 10:41am

Does anyone know anything about solar? Would this plan work?

We place solar cell pannels on 500 poultry houses in MS. They are 500 feet long. 

We sell the electricity to power companies for 10% less than what it costs them to produce it from fossil fuels.

We put the money from the sale of the electricity in a fund. As soon as there is enough money to install pannels on another house we do so. I have no idea how long that would take.

All factors being equal the #502 house should happen a little quicker and as the number gets larger the addition of new houses should be faster. I believe they call it exponetial. Like populations grow. And the sun will pay for all the systems on all the houses above #500.

When every poultry house in the sunny part of the country has pannels we could start with factories and other large buildings.

At some point it should be easy to pay back the original investment. Or maybe we could get grants and not have to pay it back.

Then we could do homes. Then we could switch the cars to electric.        

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2010 at 9:56pm

On Wind 

Solar Salesmen Face Long Odds in Sealing the Deal

.................................................................................................................................

By BC Upham | May 14th, 2010

Affordable Solar
SolarCity Video Overview Learn about how solar works and affordable solar power for everyone

He's Into Solar Panels, She'd Rather Shop

Living With Ed

DIY Solar Panel System Cost

Mary008
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2010 at 9:03am
Originally posted by Suzi2 Suzi2 wrote:

Does anyone know anything about solar? Would this plan work?

We place solar cell pannels on 500 poultry houses in MS. They are 500 feet long. 

We sell the electricity to power companies for 10% less than what it costs them to produce it from fossil fuels.

We put the money from the sale of the electricity in a fund. As soon as there is enough money to install pannels on another house we do so. I have no idea how long that would take.

All factors being equal the #502 house should happen a little quicker and as the number gets larger the addition of new houses should be faster. I believe they call it exponetial. Like populations grow. And the sun will pay for all the systems on all the houses above #500.

When every poultry house in the sunny part of the country has pannels we could start with factories and other large buildings.

At some point it should be easy to pay back the original investment. Or maybe we could get grants and not have to pay it back.

Then we could do homes. Then we could switch the cars to electric.       

I like the idea! In fact it's an awesome idea as a stopgap!

There are a few problems in regards to using it on a wide scale though.

1. When it's cloudy and you're only receiving half as much sunlight, you don't just cut the power you receive in half, you actually gut it by three quarters or more. It makes keeping those babies charged tough.
2. Weather is a *HUGE* problem! One hail storm and you're going to lose a bit of your power input capacity.
3. The ingredients are rare, exotic, hard to find, and must be dug out of the ground using mining equipment that runs on: You guessed it! Oil!
4. Electricity doesn't have the energy density to run heavy mining machinery for any economical length of time. As great as it would be to run the machinery on electric, we can't.
5. We can't just switch cars to electric. Don't get me wrong, the Chevy Volt or the other electric only vehicles are not only nifty, but highly promising. Imagine every car in the United States being plugged into the power grid all at the same time. The power generating and transmission capacity simply isn't there for 20% of that load, much less everyone and won't be for even another twenty years. We are near capacity now and are expanding as fast as we can, but also there just isn't enough room.
6. A barrel of oil isn't only turned into gasoline and diesel. Actually only about a third is able to be made into the energy distillates. The rest goes into rubber, pesticides, fertilizers, plastics,industrial chemicals, etc. Many of those chemicals are necessary for making into the solar cells.

Even if we're not burning the distillates in our cars, the problem of our oil addiction simply isn't going to go away.
Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views. - William F. Buckley
Suzi2 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzi2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2010 at 8:15pm
I do not know enough about solar energy.

1. When you sell all the electricity to the power company do you still need the battery setup?

2. I've tried to find a number for the total of poultry/swine houses in the US but cannot.
    If it is say 5000, and they have a surface area of 20,000 square feet each, that would be 100 million square feet. How much electricity could that produce? I'm thinking at that scale weather would not matter. If we could put solar pannels on every suitable building in the country would it produce all the electricity we need? 

3. I have no problem using oil to promote other things. It's the least oil can do for us. Why are solar pannels so expensive. I've always thought of them as the $500 VCR. It's like they do not want us to have them. Are any solar pannels being made in the US?

4.  Thats fine. I know solar is not the answer. But it can be part. Maybe a third of the answer. But have you noticed how easily it gets dismissed by the talking heads because it is not perfect for every situation. I know people in the oil field. I've heard solar described as "too green". I think they are afraid of it.

5. I was thinking at the end of 20 years the poultry house setups could be given to the farmers to supplement their retirements. I read somewhere that they do not know the life of a solar pannel because the first ones made are still working.

6. Oil can still have its place. At least until we start growing industrial hemp again. I just want to stop being the worlds despised dependent customer. I want to be independent from everyone.

Does anyone know of someone who can help with this idea? I've sent it to a few people with no response.

Suzi2 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzi2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2010 at 7:38pm
I sent the idea to Ed Begley Jr.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic