Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Earthquake Activity Recently 6.0+

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Earthquake Activity Recently 6.0+
    Posted: March 08 2011 at 9:34pm
Earthquake activity seems to be up recently especially larger quakes above 6.0, and not long after the devestating quake in Christchurch New Zealand 6.3 Mag--feb 22nd.

Pretty busy week for larger quakes

6.6 Mag    Solomon Islands 2 days ago    Depth  23.55 Miles     3/6/2011

6.5 Mag    South Sandwich Islands          Depth  52.32 Miles      3/7/2011

6.2 Mag    Tarapaca Chile                         Depth  62.94 Miles      3/7/2011

7.2 Mag    90 miles of shore Japan           Depth  19.88 Miles       3/9/2011

6.0 Mag     90 miles of shore Japan           Depth  14.29 Miles      3/9/2011 Aft Shock
6.1 Mag     90 miles of shore Japan           Depth  14.29 Miles      3/9/2011 Aft Shock
6.1 Mag     90 miles of shore Japan           Depth  13.67 Miles      3/9/2011 Aft Shock

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."   G Orwell
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2011 at 8:17pm
And Another 03/09/2011

6.5 Mag   Papua New Guinea Today          Depth  18.02 Miles       3/9

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."   G Orwell
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2011 at 1:34pm
Shaking continues on the 10th

6.5            Mag   Bali Sea (Indonesia)          Depth  315.72 miles     03/10
5.4--5.8    Mag   China/Mayanmar Border    Depth  6.21 Miles          03/10

earthquake in China although smaller has had the most impact in the past week on people so far with 24 deaths, 200 injured (30+critical), and over a 1000 houses and apartment buildings toppled.

Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2011 at 1:41am
WO
Quakes continue and close to above Japan Quake from 3/9, This one is huge 8.9 and has massive Tsunami that swept across the Japaneese Island. Tsunami Warnings are issued for 20 countries as well as Hawaii and entire West Coast of US.

8.9     Mag    50 miles of shore Japan             Depth  15.16 Miles       3/11/2011
7.1     Mag    165 miles of shore Japan           Depth  12.24 Miles       3/11/2011 Aft Shock
6.2     Mag    190 miles of shore Japan           Depth  17.27 Miles       3/11/2011 Aft Shock
6.1     Mag    165 miles of shore Japan           Depth  9.32 Miles         3/11/2011 Aft Shock
6.1     Mag    50 miles of shore Japan             Depth  15.53 Miles       3/11/2011 Aft Shock
6.3     Mag    50 miles of shore Japan             Depth  15.53 Miles       3/11/2011 Aft Shock
6.2     Mag    50 miles of shore Japan             Depth  12.32 Miles       3/11/2011 Aft Shock
6.1     Mag    50 miles of shore Japan             Depth  14.91 Miles       3/11/2011 Aft Shock
6.5     Mag    50 miles of shore Japan             Depth  12.37 Miles       3/11/2011 Aft Shock
6.4     Mag    50 miles of shore Japan             Depth  22.00 Miles       3/11/2011 Aft Shock
6.3     Mag    50 miles of shore Japan             Depth  18.77 Miles       3/11/2011 Aft Shock

Tsunami Video from helicopter

Shake Map USGS

Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2011 at 10:02am

Quite a lot of activity above 6.0 Mag. (Aftershocks)

Here is an updated list and map as of 10:30 am pacific time US

Video of Quake and Tsunami

8.9     Mag    50 miles of shore Japan             Depth  15.16   Miles       3/11/2011

7.1     Mag    165 miles of shore Japan           Depth  12.24   Miles       3/11/2011 Aft Shock

6.2     Mag    190 miles of shore Japan           Depth  17.27   Miles       3/11/2011 Aft Shock

6.1     Mag    165 miles of shore Japan           Depth  9.32     Miles       3/11/2011 Aft Shock

6.1     Mag    50 miles of shore Japan             Depth  15.53   Miles       3/11/2011 Aft Shock

6.3     Mag    50 miles of shore Japan             Depth  15.53   Miles       3/11/2011 Aft Shock

6.2     Mag    50 miles of shore Japan             Depth  12.32   Miles       3/11/2011 Aft Shock

6.1     Mag    50 miles of shore Japan             Depth  14.91   Miles       3/11/2011 Aft Shock

6.5     Mag    50 miles of shore Japan             Depth  12.37   Miles       3/11/2011 Aft Shock

6.4     Mag    50 miles of shore Japan             Depth  22.00   Miles       3/11/2011 Aft Shock

6.3     Mag    50 miles of shore Japan             Depth  18.77   Miles       3/11/2011 Aft Shock

6.5     Mag    25 miles of shore Japan             Depth  7.21     Miles       3/11/2011 Aft Shock

6.4     Mag    20 miles of shore Japan             Depth  15.60   Miles       3/11/2011 Aft Shock

6.3     Mag    55 miles of shore Japan             Depth  15.53   Miles       3/11/2011 Aft Shock

6.2     Mag    53 miles of shore Japan             Depth  11.74   Miles       3/11/2011 Aft Shock

6.0     Mag    41 miles of shore Japan             Depth  17.96   Miles       3/11/2011 Aft Shock

l
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2011 at 5:10pm
Wow Mahshadin, you called that one. I remember reading this topic last night going, man that's not good.

So Nostroshadin, what are the odds of the New Madrid going off? If that kicked off like it did the last time, estimated 8.8 to 9.0, it would totally level most of the central United States!

I've volunteered to go to Japan for the relief effort. I hope I get to go!
Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views. - William F. Buckley
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2011 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by Turboguy Turboguy wrote:

Wow Mahshadin, you called that one. I remember reading this topic last night going, man that's not good.

So Nostroshadin, what are the odds of the New Madrid going off? If that kicked off like it did the last time, estimated 8.8 to 9.0, it would totally level most of the central United States!

Nostradin Wink

I was just posting a trend that I had noticed. Quakes are another one of those pet projects of mine kind of like H5N1. Quirky thing was I just happened to wake up out of a dead sleep right after that big one went off. Could not sleep after that which made for a long day at work Sleepy.

The New Madrid Fault would be devastating especially if it was near 8 or 9. Lets prey that doesnt happen anytime soon.

Hey thats awsome you are volunteering to go, looks like the place is going to be quite the mess after all that water rolled through on top of the quake devastation. What Org?
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2011 at 7:04pm

The big Quakes and Aftershocks just keep coming.

6.0     Mag    Tonga South Pacific             Depth  6.77   Miles       3/11/2011 Aft Shock

New updated map of Japan 8.9 quake, had to take out all quakes (Aft Shocks) below 6.0 the map was just getting to cluttered.

Only Quakes & Aft Shocks 6.0 Magnitude and above

Thats a lot of big shakes (6.0 and LArger)  in one area.
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2011 at 9:00pm

Japan battles to contain nuclear crisis after huge quake

The government warned of a possible radiation leak as authorities began trying to reduce pressure at damaged two nuclear plants, sending tens of thousands of residents out of the area to avoid possible contamination.

Whole Article

Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2011 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by Mahshadin Mahshadin wrote:

Hey thats awsome you are volunteering to go, looks like the place is going to be quite the mess after all that water rolled through on top of the quake devastation. What Org?

U.S. Air Force.

Nobody does humanitarian aid like the U.S. Military. We make the Red Cross look like kindergartners.  

If they're sending two US carrier groups, they're in good hands. Each carrier group has something like six full level 1 trauma centers and hospitals that rival everything right up to the Mayo Clinic here in Minnesota. Then they can desalinize and make drinkable something like 500,000 gallons of water per day, and that's just the carriers, all the ships are capable of that to a lesser extent. They also have enough food to feed a city for a month, and they'll run cables out to the nuclear ships and restore power.

People of the rest of the world are happy as hell to hate on the U.S. Military, but as soon as the asses get in a sling we all know who they ask for first.
Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views. - William F. Buckley
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2011 at 6:50am

Explosion at Japan Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant

Building that houses the reactor 

Radiation levels 20 times normal around facility and 1000 times normal within, 12 mile radius evacuation of area by governmen, meltown not ruled out for near future. This particular reactor has been in service for 40 years and was approaching its end of life as reactors go. Authorities preparing to distribute iodine to surrounding area.

Partial Meltdown Confirmed

State of emergency declared for 5 nuclear power plants affected by the earthquake and aaftershocks which continue to rock the area.
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2011 at 8:54am
Suzi3 View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzi3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2011 at 10:22am
Originally posted by Turboguy Turboguy wrote:

I heard the resent earthquake activity in Arkansas stopped when some gas injection project was stopped by court order. They said it was like turning off a switch. They also said that court order was going to run out.
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2011 at 7:43pm
Japan on high nuclear alert
Authorities say another reactor at the quake-hit nuclear plant was in trouble after its cooling system also failed.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/asia-pacific/2011/03/20113130540539552.html

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Japan says partial meltdown likely at 2nd reactor

TOKYO – Japan's top government spokesman says a partial meltdown is likely under way at second reactor affected by Friday's massive earthquake.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

IAEA Update (More than 1 reactor with problems

NISA Latest Update

All

Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2011 at 11:41pm
Japan Officials have updated the quake at 9.0 Magnitude

Officials after initial measurements has Japan moving 8 feet eastward

Officials after initial measurements have estimated Earths Axis Shifted as much as 4 inches.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Brief paragraph (Below) from latest update (Japans Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency)12:30pm MT. Time is on their side at this point as the automatic shut systems have worked and now are all in a process of Cold Shut down. Colling using some form of water as long as they can keep the pumps working.
Time is on their side the longer this goes without a major Melt Down Event that breaches the Containment Reactor.

Prey they can keep enough water moving or that those containment reactors hold.

*******Mahshadin not expert just own assessment based on information gathered********
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

(** Nuclear emergency situation)

Situation of power source to recover water injection function at the Station.

-Cable from electric power generating cars are under connecting work(as of

15:04, March 12)

-Pressure in the containment vessel has arisen. Steam release is

undertaking in order to relieve pressure.(as of 14:40, March 12)

-A radiation level exceeding 500 microSv/h was monitored at the site

boundary(15:29, March 12). A large motion occurred due to an earthquake

with close epicentre and an large sound was issued near Unit1 and smoke

was observed.

-Unit 3: As the automatic trip of the HPCI, coolant injection using other

systems tried but failed. The reactor injection function was lost. (05:10,

March 13)

Page Three

Littleraven View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Littleraven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2011 at 12:12am
Maybe there are some correlations
 to some outside influences.  This kind of thing is always interesting. 
http://www.suite101.com/content/moon-at-maximum-traction-during-latest-earthquake-clusters-a358333
There's a Bad Moon on the Rise
mrmouse View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2011 at 1:10pm
I found this link on another website, but it seems that one would need to be into astrophysics to figure most of it. But, the general idea is that the Moon's orbit around the Earth has changed causing more of a gravitational pull on the Earth. Maybe someone can review the link, and be able to explain it in layman's terms, or debunk it.

arxiv.org/PS_cache/arxiv/pdf/1102/1102.0212v3.pdf
mrmouse View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2011 at 1:50pm
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2011 at 2:20pm
[QUOTE=mrmouse]Japan: earthquake aftermath
www.boston.com/bigpicture/2011/03/japan_earthquake_aftermath.html[/QUOTE]

Great pictures mr

Amazing the amount of destruction (Awsome Link!!!)

As far as the other stuff, I think its important to distinguish the difference between Astrology and Astronomy (Viewpoints). Is it coincidence that we have a 9.0 earthquake a few days before this event happens I guess would be the question.

Here is a article without the complicated Math Equations.

Will March 19 'supermoon' trigger disasters?‎ : a vedic astrology view

mrmouse View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2011 at 3:16pm
Mahshadin, the destruction is overwhelming, and now they have to deal with the threat of radiation. I've e-mailed the link to all my friends and family in the hopes of spurring them into preparing a survival kit for their families! It's always better to have than to want!

Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2011 at 11:35pm
Second Reactor Building Explodes

Believed to be similar to previous Hydrogen Explosion at Reactor 1 
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2011 at 12:13pm
Japan has asked for US help with cooling issues with its problem nuclear reactors. 2 experts were already dispatched and are in Japan presently.
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2011 at 5:19pm
A third explosion at  Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear plant

Wow this just keeps getting worse, could be facing multiple melt downs
______________________________________________________________________-

Let me see if I have this straight. So we are down to injecting sea water in to a nuclear reactor using the fire extinguishing system because the pumping system and backup are non-functional. Of course sea water is a last resort type of thing and has to be pulled from pre designed pools which are proving to be too small at which point they have to shut down the sea water and at that point the reactor over-heats and has to be vented in to atmosphere while they fill the pool again and try to regain control with the injection of sea water again, and during this buildings keep blowing up.

Mama Mia

coyote View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2011 at 5:56am
GETTING WORSE, Not Good!

Drudge Report
ANOTHER PLANT EXPLOSION...
Firefighters battle blaze at reactor...
Rods fully exposed for 2.5 hours...
Spewing radiation...
Higher radiation recorded north of Tokyo...
RACE TO SAVE THE REACTORS...
Japan Asks USA To Help...
WRAP...
BBC LIVE... REUTERS LIVE... KYODO WIRE...
QUAKE MAPS, DETAILS...
PM Kan asks public to act calmly...

Fourth Japanese Nuclear Reactor Explodes and Catches Fire

The tsunami-ravaged Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant’s No. 4 reactor caught fire and exploded on Tuesday morning, Japanese Prime Minister Naoto Kan’s office tweeted.

The fire and the hydrogen explosion have added to the already high radiation level at the Daiichi plant. The plant’s No. 1 reactor exploded on Saturday afternoon, No. 3 exploded on Monday morning, and No. 2 exploded early Tuesday morning.

An official at Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO), which runs the nuclear plant, speculated that the explosion probably led to the fire. The explosion itself was most likely caused by hydrogen seeping from a pool storing spent nuclear fuel on the reactor’s fifth floor, Japanese media Nikkei reported.

TEPCO said that the fire, which broke out at 9:38 a.m. local time, appears to have been extinguished, according to Kyoto News.
Long time lurker since day one to Member.
coyote View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2011 at 6:28am
Officials: Spent fuel rods may have burned in blaze at nuclear plant

Spent fuel rods containing radioactive material may have burned in Tuesday's fire at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant -- causing a spike in radiation levels, the plant's owner said.

The blaze started Tuesday morning but was later extinguished, Tokyo Electric Power Company said. It was unclear how much radioactive material may have been emitted, or what kind of health threat that could pose.

Fukushima: Burning spent fuel rods spiked radiation levels

Even as reports began circulating around the globe about a spike in radiation levels at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear park, leading to fears that a meltdown in the reactors may have begun, the plant's owners have offered another explanation. Spent fuel rods, which are radioactive and still lying in a pool adjoining a nuclear reactor at the park, may have burned in a blaze noticed on Tuesday and were responsible for the radiation spike, the Tokyo Electric Power Co said.

More than 200 tons of spent nuclear fuel is stored in pools adjacent to the reactors. Those cooling pools depend on continually circulating water to keep the fuel rods from catching fire. Without power to circulate the water, the rods would heat up and the water boil away leaving the fuel rods exposed to air.

Earlier, an aerial photograph of the Fukushima complex appeared to show that the spent fuel pool was steaming hot, indicating that the water was boiling off, outside experts had said.

Japanese officials had earlier informed the International Atomic Energy Agency that radioactivity was "being released directly into the atmosphere" during the fire, according to an IAEA statement.

coyote View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2011 at 6:33am
Radiation levels rise in Russia overnight.....not serious levels...but it is traveling to Russia already

today.msnbc.msn.com...
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2011 at 6:44am
Japan PM warns 140,000 people not evacuated from areas around the plant to Seal Themselves In their Residence
coyote View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2011 at 7:20am

6.1 EASTERN HONSHU, JAPAN

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 at 13:31:46 UTC
Tuesday, March 15, 2011 at 10:31:46 PM at epicenter

Depth
1 km (~0.6 mile) set by location program

Region
EASTERN HONSHU, JAPAN

Distances
40 km (25 miles) NNE (20°) from Shizuoka, Honshu, Japan
42 km (26 miles) S (182°) from Kofu, Honshu, Japan
104 km (65 miles) NE (48°) from Hamamatsu, Honshu, Japan
115 km (72 miles) WSW (251°) from TOKYO, Japan

Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2011 at 5:18pm

IAEA Urged To Increases Nuclear Accident Rating from 4 to a 6 out of 7 total (Correction)

Tsunami View (Pacific)

Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2011 at 9:28pm
Reactor colling (human efforts) have been suspended

All employees have been evacuated (*Temporary*)

Radiation has leaked from 4 of 6 reactors

US Military is asked for help

endman View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote endman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2011 at 8:15am
What happened to Japan military??? They run out of solders??? Or equipment???
There are only two choices
Bomb the place to some how stop this thing from burning, disperse the nuclear material
Or start sending people on the suicide mission too pool all the radioactive material out of there
Get some convicts on the depth row maybe they will do it
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2011 at 6:27pm
mrmouse View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2011 at 4:07pm
Could yo imagine an earthquake every few minutes in Japan!

earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/quakes_all.html
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2011 at 9:39pm
And they just keep coming

Japan area gets 4 more quakes (Aftershocks) today 3/22 above 6.0
6.4   80 miles from troubled reactors

Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2011 at 8:04pm

Last 5 Days

6.1 Mag       Mid Atlantic Ridge (Southern)           Depth    7.3 0      Miles           03/22/2011

6.1 Mag       Coast of Honshu                                Depth    10.19     Miles           03/22/2011   (Aftershock)

6.4 Mag       Coast of Honshu                                 Depth    16.78     Miles           03/22/2011   (Aftershock)

6.6 Mag       Coast of Honshu                                 Depth    16.47     Miles           03/22/2011   (Aftershock)

6.6 Mag       Coast of Honshu                                 Depth    9.63       Miles           03/22/2011   (Aftershock)

6.8 Mag       Myanmar                                             Depth    6.21       Miles           03/24/2011

6.4 Mag       Coast of Honshu                                 Depth    24.36     Miles           03/25/2011   (Aftershock)

6.1 Mag       Coast of Honshu                                 Depth    10.63     Miles           03/28/2011   (Aftershock)

Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2011 at 11:58am
More shaking on Ring of Fire near Japan North East.

7.1 to 7.4 Mag   Coast of Honshu      Depth   30.45   Miles           04/07/2011   (Aftershock)

70 miles from Troubled Nuclear Plant (As if they didnt have enough problems). Hopefully the depth which is almost twice what the 9.0 quake from 03/11 will limit the damage on the surface.

A second Nuclear Plant (Onagawa) has lost 2 of its 3 power lines feeding electrical power to the plant after the quake (Close Call)

Other Notable 6.0+ events (Last 4 Days)

6.5 Mag   Veracruz, Mexico                          Depth     104.20  Miles   04/07/2011

6.0 Mag   Kepulauan Talaud, Indonesia         Depth     10.94   Miles    04/05/2011
6.4 Mag   Fiji Region  South Pacific               Depth     342.93 Miles    04/04/2011
6.7 Mag   South of Java, Indonesia                Depth     14.91   Miles     04/03/2011

Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2011 at 5:15pm

The quakes just are not slowing down much, near Japan with 2 more in the last 24 hours and a third 2 days ago all above 6.0 in magnitude with many smaller aftershocks.

6.6 Mag   Coast of Honshu      Depth   6.21    Miles           04/11/2011   (Aftershock)   50 miles from Tokyo

6.4 Mag   Coast of Honshu      Depth   8.14    Miles           04/11/2011   (Aftershock)  45 miles from troubled Fukushima Nuclear Plant

6.1 Mag   Coast of Kyushu      Depth   13.24    Miles           04/09/2011   Off the southern coast of Japan

________________________________________________________________________________________

Nuclear Problem

Japan to raise the Crisis level of the Fukushima Nuclear Plant from 5 to 7 out of a scale that goes to 7.

http://www3.nhk.or.jp/daily/english/12_05.html

________________________________________________________________________________________

Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2011 at 8:44pm
 Japan Quake and Tsunami

l
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2011 at 11:43am
Larger Quakes 6.0 +    (04/18----04/23)

6.6 Mag   Kermadec Islands      Depth   56.36    Miles           04/18/2011  

6.1 Mag   Coast of Honshu       Depth   26.66    Miles           04/21/2011   (Aftershock)

6.0 Mag   Coast of Honshu       Depth   4.35      Miles           04/21/2011   (Aftershock)

6.0 Mag   Coast of Honshu       Depth   24.17    Miles           04/23/2011   (Aftershock) 

6.9 Mag   Solomon Islands       Depth   50.70    Miles           04/23/2011  

l
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2011 at 8:51am
After a brief lull in significant activity the Ring of Fire heats up again with several significant events in the last few days. Fortunetely in remote fairly undeveloped & unpopulated areas.

6.3 Mag     Santa Cruz Islands (South Pacific)      Depth     38.90       Miles         06/24/2011

7.2 Mag     Alaska (Fox/Aleutian Islands)              Depth     38.90       Miles       06/23/2011

6.7 Mag    Coast of Honshu   (Japan)                     Depth     19.88      Miles       06/22/2011

6.1 Mag    Santa Cruz Islands (South Pacific)         Depth     8.39        Miles         06/21/2011

6.5 Mag     Antofagasta (Chile)                               Depth    78.39       Miles      06/20/2011

mrmouse View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2011 at 4:43pm
What do you guys make of this?

7/28/2011 -- BREAKING NEWS! SIMULTANEOUS EVENTS! Black Hills and Pisgah California Volcanic
www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJlG7JaAVNk&feature=player_embedded#at=265
Littleraven View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Littleraven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2011 at 5:07pm
Wow very interesting information--I've not been paying close attention lately to the quake patterns as I usually like to do.  I am wondering if we will soon be looking at another big issue along the San Andreas or around that Caldera--they have had so much recent activity with the land rising, not to mention the entire pacific rim acting up.  Thanks again for the great info mrmouse.
There's a Bad Moon on the Rise
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2011 at 8:13pm
Dang if Yellowstone goes Denver is in Big Trouble! Well, the rest of the country will not do so good either.

Oh No!
mrmouse View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2011 at 8:53pm
Your Welcome LittleRaven! I've been slacking on keepIng up my earthquake survival gear, after watching that YouTube clip I need to get into gear!
mrmouse View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2011 at 8:11am
7/29/2011 -- Six plumes erupt over 12 hours -- California and Nevada -- ALL VOLCANO SITES
www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2RBQiDlD_k&feature=player_embedded
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic