Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Coronavirus Pandemic: Prepping Forums > Medical Intervention & Prevention
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Large doses of Vitamin C kills Bird Flu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2006 at 10:32pm

I have heard that Vitamin C works because it makes the body too acidic for the virus to take hold. Just what I have heard.

July View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote July Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2006 at 4:03pm
The Physiological Effects of Garlic

Studies by competent multi-degreed scientists have shown beyond any reasonable doubt that consuming garlic generally has the following physical effects:
  • Garlic lowers blood pressure a little.
  • Garlic lowers LDL Cholesterol a little.
  • Garlic helps reduce atherosclerotic buildup (plaque) within the arterial system. One recent study shows this effect to be greater in women than men.
  • Garlic lowers or helps to regulate blood sugar.
  • Garlic helps to prevent blood clots from forming, thus reducing the possibility of strokes and thromboses (It may not be good for hemophiliacs).
  • Garlic helps to prevent cancer, especially of the digestive system, prevents certain tumors from growing larger and reduces the size of certain tumors.
  • Garlic helps to remove heavy metals such as lead and mercury from the body.
  • Raw Garlic is a potent natural antibiotic and, while far less strong than modern antibiotics, can still kill some strains of bacteria that have become immune or resistant to modern antibiotics.
  • Garlic has anti-fungal and anti-viral properties.
  • Garlic dramatically reduces yeast infections due to Candida species.
  • Garlic has anti-oxidant properties and is a source of selenium.
  • Garlic probably has other benefits as well.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2006 at 6:17pm

There is no   m a g i c    bullet.

Save yourself alot of time, money and probable your life.
Talk to your doctor and read official Government web sites concerning treatment.
Best bet. Prep up to the point you won't need to be around infected people during a wave.
BobFMB View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobFMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2006 at 6:32pm

I dont see how excess vitamen C will hurt you.  Any water soluble vitamen will just be excreted in the urine.  If I remember right, didn't Linus Pauling take huge doses of vit. C?  Something like ten thous. mg  a day.  And he lived to be over ninety years old.  Not to mention two nobel prizes.

candice View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2006 at 11:57pm

Vitamin C has had severall positive studies on various health issues from helping obsisity to allergies to the flu.   It been taken in large doses for years , but I think there probally is a point where you can have too much. 

I know I feel at my best when I take a multi vitamen plus vitamin c plus a omega 3 and extra vitamin d in the winter

If you cant get in the front door try the side door then the back door.
Brian_J View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian_J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2006 at 10:58am
There is a quote by Abram Hoffer that I like. I can't remember it exactly, but it goes something like this: "The medical establishment demands proof of the most rigorous kind as to the benefits of vitamins. However when it comes to their toxicity it accepts the flimsiest sort of evidence."

There is no evidence of vitamin C having any serious toxicity. From a toxicological point of view, it is safer than water. As to the supposed increase in kidney stones, I will say that it is a charge against vitamin C leveled by those who are ignorant of the research. In one study that took place over 14 years involving 85,557 women, no relationship between vitamin c intake and kidney stones was found . (Curhan, G. C., Willett, W. C., Speizer, F. E., Stampfer, M. J. (1999) Megadose Vitamin C consumption does not cause kidney stones. Intake of vitamins B6 and C and the risk of kidney stones in women, J Am Soc Nephrol., Apr, 10, 4, 840-845). Another study found that a dose above 1.5 grams actually reduced the chances of kidney stone formation (Curhan G.C. Willett W.C. Rimm E.B. Stampfer M.J. (1996) A prospective study of the intake of vitamins C and B6, and the risk of kidney stones in men, J Urol, 155(6), 1847-1851). Calcium oxilate stones, which compose around 75% of all cases of kidney stones, tend to form in acidic urine. Although there is no data to support the vitamin c kidney stone connection, one may wish to take calcium ascorbate or sodium ascorbate so as not to acidify the urine.
Kobie View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kobie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2007 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by fritz fritz wrote:

Vitamins D, E, A, & K are oil soluable vitamins and must be taken with care because they are toxic if taken in high doses. The body has no way to exrete them. Vitamin C is a water soluable vitamin and any "overdosing" will just be excreted out in the urine and at most cause stomach cramping and diarrhea.   Also, the human body can only absorb 1 gram (1000 mg) of Vitamin C an hour.  So if you're taking 2,500 mg of Vitamin C at one time you are only absorbing 1000mg and the rest you are just peeing out.  It is not harmful, just a waste of money.

Literally pissing $ away.

Fritz, Gloria, every one else thanks and keep posting. I am learning alot. Yes, some vitimins are oil/fat soluable and are stored in the body only to be released later.

I did not know about Vitimin C and tooth enamal.

Also, St. John's Wort affects the uptake of some drugs.  Can make birth control pills less effective
and

BTW, black powder will reduce the enamle on teeth as well.

kobie

kobie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic