Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Exponential Growth - Stop and Read Immediately

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 19>
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2020 at 8:13pm
it doesn't matter how they classify it. Like China, we'll see the effects and the actions. This will be impossible to hide. I believe the US has deliberately delayed and hid information to prepare before the public understood what was going to happen. But you, here, my dear friends, did. I did my best to warn.
Usk View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Usk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2020 at 8:14pm

Thanks for these graphs and keeping us posted

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2020 at 8:14pm
The US will, as I suggested before, likely adopt Japan's approach and test minimally, try to mitigate, but basically, YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN.
BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2020 at 8:20pm
How many believe that President Trump would try to order a lockdown of areas of possible infection in the Bay Area or the confirmed area in Oregon? When? How many cases would there need to be?
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2020 at 8:27pm

I would like to see how it's going to be handled, just to know what to expect. We have 2 cases in our state waiting for confirmation, but nothing confirmed yet. 

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2020 at 8:55pm

I agree with you on this one!!!

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2020 at 9:45pm
For up to date graphics and charts on worldwide and country totals, I highly recommend this Twitter account: https://twitter.com/jodigraphics15 They now have a very large team, aiming to be the world's largest grassroot coronavirus data collection effort. Visit them for the latest graphs.
WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2020 at 5:22am

I do.  But he won't do anything like that until testing gets on track.  That won't happen until the end of next week.  After that, I think it will be about two weeks and lock-down will be considered for any municipality that shows infections of .5% of the population.  For example, NYC has a population of around 8 Million.  I think once infections gets past 40,000 they'll consider locking down to stop this from spreading.  

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2020 at 8:51am

I think lockdowns will happen sooner, rather than later. Waiting until 40, 000 in NYC, with the up to 2 wk incubation period would be a disaster.

Here's some updated, and disturbing charts I made. What I could do in the time I have. 

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2020 at 8:52am

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2020 at 8:56am

Good morning. Today is Feb. 29. and 6,466 confirmed worldwide infections outside of China. 

Previously, around three weeks ago, I had projected reaching 10,000 by March 7-9, then March 5-6, then a few days ago March 2. We'll reach that by then, if not sooner. 

Maybe later in the day March 1. 

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2020 at 9:02am

Dang you are scary with your predictions and accurate!  Thank you!  You are very smart and an asset to this Forum!  Take care of yourself you do so much work! 

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2020 at 9:27am

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2020 at 9:32am

Japan's numbers are lower because they are not as aggressively testing, imo. 

Thanks for the feedback. I'm just a regular guy, but do try to think critically, rationally, logically. 

We are at a dangerous moment. It's simply denial to believe otherwise. I've been surprised it has developed like this. But denial can be dangerous, even more dangerous I think, than panic. At least panic gets you to act to prepare. 

Calmly prepare. 

Yesterday, the director of the Santa Clara County Public Health Department in San Jose, CA, recommended all families prepare for a possible 1-2 week isolation. She was warning everyone. 

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2020 at 9:33am

Ok Babycat I see only two items that look like pieces  of paper with a blue corner.  What does that mean?    I am computer stupid and trying to figure all this new stuff out.   

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2020 at 9:42am

It means the images didn't post correctly. 

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2020 at 9:46am

Hey Albert. I can't post images. I post them, they appear correct after posting. Then they turn into little squares. 

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2020 at 9:55am

I know this site is run by volunteers and God Bless them, but I don't have time to keep trying to repost. 

The images were projections. Exponential (hyperbolic lately) growth overall, also in South Korea,  Italy, Iran, Germany, France, Japan, (also Thailand but not showing yet because they're not testing, saying it's 'viral pneumonia' -2500 cases now).

We'll see large jumps until the near future until large scale mitigation/containment efforts at the country level (hasn't happened yet). 

Remember I posted Los Alamos Nat’l Lab Estimates R-0 of 4.7 - 6.6 before control measures, 2.3 - 3.0 after control measures. 

Big trouble brewing, and soon. The UN Secretary General in front of the Security Council lectern just issued a statement advising all countries to act post haste to prepare, and not to panic. 

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2020 at 11:09pm

Ok, now that the site is fixed, I'll post the earlier images (although most are out-of-date already_

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2020 at 11:10pm

This Twitter feed has amazing graphs now: 

https://twitter.com/jodigraphics15 

From now on, I'll post some interesting projections from time to time. 

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2020 at 11:13pm

Like this:

Albert, I promise never to complain about the site again. Everything is so snappy!

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2020 at 11:41pm

A couple new charts I made. The daily increase was about the same as yesterday - which is relatively a good thing. 

10,000 on track for March 2 though. Maybe tomorrow March 1 late, but I doubt it now, because, and just guessing, there is less testing and confirmations on weekends. 

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2020 at 10:19am

Good morning. Today is March 1st, and 8,428 confirmed ex-China infections in over 60 countries and climbing fast, as projected.  Perhaps by the end of the day we'll be around 9,000, maybe 9,500 (S. Korea's numbers are mostly in, and only countries doing massive testing), but for sure by end of tomorrow, we'll reach 10,000 as my revised projections indicated. \

In a few days perhaps I'll do some additional revised projections based on recent numbers. By the end of next week, with the US' capacity set to increase to 75,000, I foresee some dramatic changes, beginning with the cluster in Washington, which may at this point range from the hundreds to the thousands, considering it's had what one scientist believes is a 6-week head start, the Bay Area, perhaps Santa Clara County, also SF, and Chicago Also, watch Iran, potential geo-political shock if Ayatollah is infected. Also, Pope Francis is ill, third day of cancelled appearances. 

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2020 at 12:00pm

Fascinating analysis. Compares mainland China rise with ex-China world totals, shifted by three weeks. 

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2020 at 4:21pm

Here's a very simple primer related to exponential growth and COVID-19

https://coronavirustransparency.com/exponential-growth-of-coronavirus-dumbed-down/ 

However, the author's choice of Ro at 1.4 and doubling rate of 7 days is a very large underestimate. Analysis has provided an Ro of 2.5-3.5 more contained, versus 4-6 uncontained. Plus, we have seen in this thread the doubling time of 7 days is now way too long at the moment. Closer to 3-4 days at the moment. That, and, internationally, the virus has a 5-6 week head start in about 2/3 of the unseen/undiagnosed/hidden cases, the fruit of which are now being seen in many places around the world, including the US.

Of course, the foregoing is only my opinion, and I could be wrong. 

But I seem to be doing a much better job than the so-called experts, amiright?  

Honestly, I wish I was wrong. Being correct means too many people suffering. 

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2020 at 4:33pm

Here's a chart (not mine).

I'll start projecting US growth soon. 

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2020 at 4:59pm

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2020 at 5:01pm

I fear the US will follow Italy, and currently Germany's and France's growth track. Particularly concerning is the Washington cluster which could lead to rapid initial growth in confirmations, and unknown community spread in Oregon and California, and possibly Chicago. 

wolfalohalani View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfalohalani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2020 at 6:50pm

Hi, I'm new, and this is just about the first thread I've read here.  Holy God, this is going to be a real challenge to get through.  Very sobering. 

I'm already stocked up with food - just about always am because it's just common sense, and just now topping up on OTC meds and vitamins.  Tomorrow it's the run for a Chinese herbal formula I've used for colds and flu, Myrolea-B, and Tuesday getting 3 months of prescription meds.  Then we're staying home as much as we can for the duration.  

I'm in Portland, OR - just up the road from the community-acquired presumptive case in the elementary school worker in Lake Oswego, so we should be seeing a lot of cases in a few weeks.  

Glupa View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Long term valued member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glupa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2020 at 7:07pm

Welcome to you and yours! There’s a whole lot of great information on these threads and even better people to help you out if needed. Poke around some, you’re bound to find new and interesting information and tons of tips on preparation. 

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2020 at 8:01pm

Yes, this is a nice little corner of the interwebs. Welcome. Friendly, helpful folks, well-meaning. 

I've modified this chart. It projects worldwide (ex-China) totals for March. 

Possible: 

100,000 by March 12-20

1,000,000 by March 23-April 7

Although, as I've suggested before, I think countries will start to shut down/turtle/reduce exposure long before then. I think authorities, like China, will be desperate to project more or less a sense of the "new normal" and obscure infections and deaths. This will likely happen by halting tests and/or test counts, and focus resources on treatment and mitigation. 

Many countries' experiences will differ.  Quarantine zones, partial shutdowns, limited (re-)openings, second and third waves, etc. It's going to be a long year. 

I've been trying to review the EXP and GROWTH functions in Excel to try to get some more precise worldwide and US projections out. Maybe in a few days. 

If anyone cares to try - please have at it. For the US, use this exponential formula starting from today: y=73( e ^ 0.1383x)

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2020 at 8:28pm

In the US, there's been 12 new cases today (total so far 84), so the previously posted "low" case (15%) is more or less on target at the moment. 

3/1/202072
3/2/202083
3/3/202099
3/4/2020119
3/5/2020143
3/6/2020172
3/7/2020206
3/8/2020247
3/9/2020297
3/10/2020356
3/11/2020427
3/12/2020513
3/13/2020615
3/14/2020738

I expect this rate to pick up significantly now that testing capacity is coming online (FINALLY), diagnostic criteria was relaxed (FINALLY), and all health care settings are on the lookout for unexplained respiratory distress. (Sad that it had to take deaths first and a stock market correction to get policymakers to change course. That, and, I'm sure, some massive personal injury lawsuits from patients and exposed health care workers that I'm positive will be coming down the pike. It was just stupid and a known threat. 

Going forward in the US, I expect new confirmations to pick up significantly at first (approaching 25-30% /day increase, into the hundreds, and then towards 1,000, like Italy, then leveling off for a time as the reality sets in and people start to change behavior and the government places resources into the outbreak hot zones. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us-plans-radical-expansion-of-coronavirus-testing/ar-BB10zu1m 

“If we had the ability to test earlier, I’m sure we would have identified patients earlier,” said Dr. Jeff Duchin, the health officer for public health in Seattle and King County, Wash., where the first death was reported on Saturday.

Both C.D.C. and the F.D.A. did have the option of adopting the test approved by the W.H.O., and public health experts said it was unclear why the agencies decided not to do so.

“In retrospect, it seems like a bad decision,” said one high-ranking C.D.C. official who requested anonymity and was not authorized to talk to the news media.

Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2020 at 9:32pm

Welcome! A lot of great information here and many years of  experience in prepping. 

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2020 at 6:33am

Good morning. Today is early on March 2, and there are 9,813 intl ex-China infections, as closely projected this past week. We'll reach 10,000 in a few hours. 

First cases of coronavirus in past 24 hours: - Moscow - Delhi - Berlin - Rome - Brussels - New York City 

And the WHO still won't declare a pandemic. They'll be forced to within the week I predict. 

The nomenclature won't matter now. Right now, Dr. Scott Gottlieb, former FDA comish, said there are already "low thousands" of cases in US. I think there might be more, and soon. This is going to be a monster. Sorry, but I call it like I see it. Don't panic, but keep preparing yourself, your family, and your community. 

"There's probably low-thousands of cases in this country that we now need to turn over the card on. We are going to have a surge of cases before we actually catch up to the level of spread," says  on #coronavirus.
BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2020 at 8:26pm

Good evening on March 2, 2020. There are 10,776 intl infections and climbing. Frankly, and this should be obvious to all and not hyperbole, the world is severely threatened. Those who have been clinging to denial that it won't be that bad (right, CRS? ;) will have their bouts with cognitive dissonance. I did, but got through it. The CFR could be 0.4% or it could be 4%, but it depends on how cities, states, and countries react, and react QUICKLY. Right now, there is a disaster in the US unfolding before your eyes, if you care to pay attention. However, the leadership seems more focused on the markets rather than the front line fighting the virus (e.g. Pence will meet with airlines and cruise ship cos this week, instead of hospital groups, establishing ICUs/ventilators, triage, mitigation options), or congratulating Trump on his tweets (yes the Task Force highlighted "top tweets"). The clusterf^*k is just beginning, and many states will soon find themselves under-prepared, un-prepared, and lacking in guidance. 

The US infection confirmation growth is running at about 22% right now.  Dr. Gottlieb says he thinks there are already low thousands in the US. I agree it's closer to that, but likely more, just not tested, nor confirmed.  I am making significant changes to my daily life, and sheltering options are being discussed. 

Here was my projection:

Projected at 15%Actual
3/1/202072
3/1/20208388
3/2/202099103
3/3/2020119
3/4/2020143
3/5/2020172
3/6/2020206
3/7/2020247
3/8/2020297
3/9/2020356
3/10/2020427
3/11/2020513
3/12/2020615
3/13/2020738

Here is the revised 22% projection for the near term:

Projected at 22%
3/1/202072
3/2/202088
3/3/2020107
3/4/2020131
3/5/2020160
3/6/2020195
3/7/2020237
3/8/2020290
3/9/2020353
3/10/2020431
3/11/2020526
3/12/2020642
3/13/2020783
3/14/2020955

I am 100% positive that the US will reach 1,000 infection confirmations before March 14th, though. 

In fact, possibly by March 10 or sooner. Take care, my friends. 

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2020 at 9:36pm

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2020 at 9:44pm
BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2020 at 9:48pm

The world has about 10 days before 100,000 and then again 10 days until 1,000,000 (they'll stop testing/counting by then it will be estimated or suppressed) if countries don't take more forceful, serious, drastic actions.

What that means for YOU, if your country is experiencing drastic growth  (or soon will) in confirmed infections, you can expect sudden, drastic changes in travel, policies, and life in general within certain affected regions, expanding outward, and then on a global scale.  Wuhan and Hubei residents (Italian cities and S. Korean regions) had little to no warning when the gates were shut.  Remember. Think. Plan. 

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2020 at 11:12pm

Look at how fast Italy went from 100 to 1000 cases... (the US has 103 at the moment)...6 days..

The US WILL reach 1,000 as I said, earlier than the 14th, now I predict by March 9-10. 

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2020 at 9:17am

I'm looking at extrapolations and analysis suggesting that NYC has about 2,000 - 16,000 infections at the moment. I also saw video of military movement of CBRN team in Florida on Twitter. 

Remember, China locked down Wuhan when less than 1,000 confirmed cases,  and we see how that went, even after total lock-down. South Korean and Italy are in for a monster ride already, and so is the US with under-testing for the last six weeks. 

Do not be surprised when you see explosive growth of numbers in the US or elsewhere. 

This is the world's Wile E. Coyote moment, suspending in mid-air, with a look of shock and surprise. 

The WHO has failed the world. Dr. Fauci says we are in a pandemic. Period.  Doesn't matter what WHO says or not, by the way. China might actually be the safer place right now, because at least they accepted the true gravity of the situation. We will continue to see half-measures, and continue to see them fail. 

When will your leaders start taking more serious measures?

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2020 at 9:32am

CIDRAP and Dr. Michael Osterholm are world famous infectious disease experts. Take what they say seriously. 

“There has been a silent epidemic of #Covid-19 in the US that is not going to be silent any longer,” said , Director of . "Testing will show it. This is not a surprise — it shouldn’t have been.”

The latest estimates suggest that 80% of infected people suffer mild symptoms, but as many as 2% of infected people die. #coronavirus  via 
If India is holding onto API (as this Feb 9 article foreshadowed) it's likely that they're holding onto API for important medicines that they don't want to go into shortage in India, and harm local patients. Underscores how critical supply can be nationalized in times of crisis.
Quote Tweet

Teena Thacker

@Teensthack
 ·
As lockdown continues in #China, high level committee constituted by @Pharmadept mulls drug export curbs to avoid shortage of antibiotics, vitamins. Asks companies to share their inventory position. @CDSCO_INDIA_INF @dgftindia
BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2020 at 9:37am

And, by the way, when you see  a country with the number of deaths at a much higher percentage crude CFR (ex: Iran, Italy, United States) than 3%, it means there are a LOT more infections than are being reported/confirmed. US has 6 deaths with 103 confirmed. That's nearly 6%. It also means that aggressive identification and testing of cases was not done, and the virus has had WEEKS to spread. 

Pandemic View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pandemic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2020 at 10:17am

Originally posted by BabyCat BabyCat wrote:

And, by the way, when you see  a country with the number of deaths at a much higher percentage crude CFR (ex: Iran, Italy, United States) than 3%, it means there are a LOT more infections than are being reported/confirmed. US has 6 deaths with 103 confirmed. That's nearly 6%. It also means that aggressive identification and testing of cases was not done, and the virus has had WEEKS to spread. 

Could it also equate to mutation of virus;  to more lethal variant ?!

pheasant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pheasant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2020 at 10:19am

That has wide ranging implications....getting worried about medicines, especially if china and India prioritize for their consumption first.

The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself......FDR
BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2020 at 10:46am

India already has prioritized APIs for use nationally (see post above). China's production has been shut down and has been restoring production very, very slowly, so has already effected, and will continue to effect exports.  India wants to keep it for future national need, China would sell it if they can produce it, to try to restore their economy, but it's a production issue now, rather than an nationalization. China can produce like nobody's business when full steam, but it remains to be seen whether they can. That's why the US is preparing for disruptions and securing other sources I've read. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 19>
  Share Topic