Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Harvard expert says coronavirus likely gathering s
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Harvard expert says coronavirus likely gathering s

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Flubergasted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Harvard expert says coronavirus likely gathering s
    Posted: February 11 2020 at 5:10pm
BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2020 at 5:53pm
"GAZETTE: But what is most important for the public to know about this?

LIPSITCH: There’s likely to be a period of widespread transmission in the U.S., and I hope we will avert the kind of chaos that some other places are seeing. That’s likely if we continue to be prepared, but I think it’s going to be a new virus that we have to deal with. That won’t be because the United States government has failed to contain it, it will mean that this is an uncontainable virus. If we’re dealing with it, it’s because everybody’s going to be dealing with it. I think that’s a likely scenario."

---

My comment:

Coming soon to a neighborhood near you. People need to be more aware and prepare. But you, here, reading this, can be. Prepare. Tell your friends, and your neighbors. You could help them, help yourself in the process, and your country. If you tell your friends, your co-workers, awareness will spread in a way that will help those who don't pay attention to the news.
FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2020 at 6:01pm
Tried to tell a good friend to get ready she said “Well you have masks and food I will get them from you.” I said, i will shoot you if you come to my door looking for my preps.” So I am helping no one this woman has 4 grown married kids and 7 grand kids and she would expect ME to take care of them...no way. Sorry I will shoot first and ask questions later!

I am not helping anyone to prep they want what you have been doing for 15 years in their house.
WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2020 at 6:20pm
I think even telling friends and co-workers to prepare clues them in that you are doing just that. Family is a different matter.
BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2020 at 6:58pm
Well, I suppose best just to prepare quietly then. Because when people haven't prepared, and they are scared, they will become desperate, and not care about YOU. They will only want what YOU have and try to take it, perhaps by force.

Today, there was a video from China about a 18 yo man who STABBED an elderly woman in the neck and a 12 yo, for a BOTTLE OF DISINFECTANT in a department store.

I changed my mind. Tell no one. Getting others prepared can be done here, and the rest is our government's, media's, social influencers, whatever's job.

Ant and the grasshopper.

It's going to be tough.

Imagine the shock going through China, in places like Chicago, LA, Miami, New York? Chaos.
BeachMama View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeachMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2020 at 8:15pm
This is an excellent article. Thank you for posting it!
cobber View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2020 at 2:40am
First rule of prepping, is tell no one about prepping.
Second rule of prepping, IS TELL NO ONE ABOUT PREPPING1

They will either think you are crazy. Or they will lean on you during a crisis.

You need to be able to pick and choose who you help.

Pandemic View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pandemic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2020 at 3:09am
Yes coming soon. It was 45 miles from me on Sunday. Now only 30 miles 🙀🙀
Emswally View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emswally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2020 at 5:17am
Prepare for the worst. I’m not telling anyone and advise my kids to keep their mouths shut about it. Live in a mostly Mormon community and the Church is big on food storage so not gonna be anyone looking for me to take care of them.
Good to heed what Flumom is saying. If someone knows you have the goods when they don’t. They’re going to expect that you’ll share and cover their laziness
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic