Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

WHO info suppression campaign

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Newbie1A View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Newbie1A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WHO info suppression campaign
    Posted: February 16 2020 at 9:01am
KiminNM - that was my body/gut response too! Lived with a top notch liar for many years & got that same 'oh oh' reaction when I read that, that I used to get from past stories...
If it's to be - it's up to me!
KiminNM View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KiminNM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2020 at 8:24am
Originally posted by Pixie Pixie wrote:

And third, the deliberate or accidental release of biological agents – a hopefully rare event for which we must nonetheless be prepared.
M

The second of these three scenarios is what we are seeing now with the outbreak.

WOW. That last sentence immediately felt like a lie when I read it.

Also, I googled "deliberate or accidental release of biological agents" (with the quotation marks). Only 4 pages of results. And except for this speech, most of the results were 10+ years old.

The entire text of this was posted by the WHO on Twitter, including that sentence, but so far only a few people picked up on it and retweeted it.

LCfromFL View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LCfromFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2020 at 5:31am
If you're trying to suppress information, I guess one way may be to keep changing the name. Moving the goalpost is certainly one way to make it harder to find info. Confused
KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2020 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by ME163 ME163 wrote:

Let's get real. They don't give a rats ass about the truth, your life is not worth anything to these SOBs. They have their bunkers and hideaways and screw the rest of the world. It is about power, pure and simple. Look, it is a killer virus, I really don't think it was natural. It's man made and designed to kill older people , sick people disabled people and poor people. It got out of the lab and into the population. It mutated and now we got the killer. It is like a combo virus, a cross between as cold virus and a SARS?MERS virus. The Chinese need to reduce the population of old people. This is just like the Nazi T 4 program and the Japanese Biowarfare program in the second world war. The world is full of sick ,amoral Bastards. Panic is their enemy and they know it, if the sheep start o panic, it would ruin their sick plans.

You may well be right but they wouldn't want to kill poor people. They would want rid of the elderly and the sick/disabled but not the poor. The rich need the poor as a point of measurement against which they can judge their own situation. It's the poor that do the terrible, mundane, dangerous jobs in life. It's their lack of education and their straitened financial circumstances that keep them at the bottom of the heap and keeps them in minimum wage jobs. There's nothing the better off hate more than a lack of poor people in the locality to do the jobs that they don't want to do themselves.

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2020 at 12:13pm

I've never seen it mentioned biological agent in any other statement,WHO or CDC. Odd .
      The global effort to tap down info.in full swing. 

A few excerpts:
Health security is therefore not just the health sector’s business. It’s everybody’s business.
There are three main scenarios in which a coordinated response between the health and security sectors is essential:

First, high-impact epidemics in situations of conflict and insecurity, such as Ebola. In the last few years, 80% of outbreaks requiring an international response have occurred in countries affected by fragility, conflict and insecurity. 

Second, the emergence of a pathogen with pandemic potential, moving rapidly from country to country and requiring an immediate and large-scale response in countries.

And third, the deliberate or accidental release of biological agents – a hopefully rare event for which we must nonetheless be prepared.
M

The second of these three scenarios is what we are seeing now with the outbreak of COVID-19.

Although PHEIC (Public Health Emergency of International Concern) is declared, with 99% of cases in China, this is still very much an emergency for that country. Because in the rest of the world we only have 505 cases and in China we have more than 66,000 cases.
Let me be clear: it is impossible to predict which direction this epidemic will take. 

"But we’re not just fighting an epidemic; we’re fighting an infodemic

Fake news spreads faster and more easily than this virus, and is just as dangerous.

That’s why we’re also working with search and media companies like Facebook, Google, Pinterest, Tencent, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and others to counter the spread of rumours and misinformation. 

We call on all governments, companies and news organizations to work with us to sound the appropriate level of alarm, without fanning the flames of hysteria."

ME163 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ME163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2020 at 5:51am
Let's get real. They don't give a rats ass about the truth, your life is not worth anything to these SOBs. They have their bunkers and hideaways and screw the rest of the world. It is about power, pure and simple. Look, it is a killer virus, I really don't think it was natural. It's man made and designed to kill older people , sick people disabled people and poor people. It got out of the lab and into the population. It mutated and now we got the killer. It is like a combo virus, a cross between as cold virus and a SARS?MERS virus. The Chinese need to reduce the population of old people. This is just like the Nazi T 4 program and the Japanese Biowarfare program in the second world war. The world is full of sick ,amoral Bastards. Panic is their enemy and they know it, if the sheep start o panic, it would ruin their sick plans.
WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2020 at 3:23am
Originally posted by FluMom FluMom wrote:

Dang you can go toSams for that stuff or your grocery store why order from Amazon?   Look we know no one is going to tell us the truth we have to read between the lines and figure this out between all of us. We have to stick together on all of this guys.

Because it's easier for me. I am disabled from a stroke (strength and cognitive is all there, but vision and balance is at issue). I can't carry it home. So.. it's just more convenient to order from Amazon Pantry for non-perishables.

And you're right. No one is going to tell us the truth. I read an article this morning from Business Week (which of course I can't find now!) which apparently has been recruited to help WHO regain control of the dialogue. The descriptive "mild" appears no less than five times.

Flubergasted View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flubergasted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2020 at 9:17pm
Quote I was a bit disturbed to realize I was so tired that I went into a packed Trader Joe's for flowers for my folks today, didn't even think to use sanitizer afterwards. So that's another reason to do as little in person as possible!

Well, I have gotten the flu every year for the last few years, despite taking the flushot. I lost my husband last year, and there is so much I have to manage on my own, plus working fulltime. I decided to cut myself some slack. Knock wood, I haven't been sick at all this flu season so far.
KiminNM View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiminNM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2020 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by FluMom FluMom wrote:

Dang you can go toSams for that stuff or your grocery store why order from Amazon?   Look we know no one is going to tell us the truth we have to read between the lines and figure this out between all of us. We have to stick together on all of this guys.

FYI, Sams is already out of stock on some things that are on my list. As is Amazon. So having to shop at multiple places, per my post above.

KiminNM View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiminNM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2020 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by Flubergasted Flubergasted wrote:

I'm having most of my groceries delivered these days. Better to only be exposed to one person than a store full of people. I love instacart!

I'm getting 90% of the prepping stuff and non perishable groceries online, and doing a ton of price comparisons. Amazon, Amazon Pantry, Amazon Subscribe and Save, Vitacost, CVS (if you shop at CVS and are familiar with their coupons then shopping online can get you some amazing deals). One order from Sams Club, but will get most from there in store as the shipping is pricey.

A few other specialty sites - mostly stuff for my cats. A couple of things from ebay.

Perishable groceries I have to do in store.

I was a bit disturbed to realize I was so tired that I went into a packed Trader Joe's for flowers for my folks today, didn't even think to use sanitizer afterwards. So that's another reason to do as little in person as possible!

Flubergasted View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flubergasted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2020 at 8:04pm
I'm having most of my groceries delivered these days. Better to only be exposed to one person than a store full of people. I love instacart!
nc_girl View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nc_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2020 at 7:48pm
Yep, just ordered powdered milk, dehydrated eggs, etc from both beprepared.com and sams.com

Both sites were sold out of a lot items like the milk.

I'll run in to get the rest of what I need like dry beans, rice, tp, kleenex, Clorox wipes, rubbing alcohol, etc from the stores directly tomorrow. Also getting canned chicken, tuna, soups, ....
FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2020 at 7:14pm
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2020 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by pheasant pheasant wrote:

I'm leaning towards a picture where once they let loose with the bad news, or it breaks loose, were going to see a run stateside for things on a bigger scale......like we saw for masks.

A forum member and I talked about this just a couple of hours ago. Amazon Pantry is running out of things that were on her list. I noticed they're out of things like Better than Boullion and Tang. We both noticed prices on a few items have gone up too. I don't think it's preppers stockpiling. I think regular folk are starting to take notice and think forward.
Glupa View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Long term valued member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glupa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2020 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by Pixie Pixie wrote:

Mr Pattison said this was an opportunity for these firms to rethink how they addressed misinformation.
"I think what would be very exciting is to see this emergency changed into a long-term sustainable model, where we can have responsible content on these platforms."
The WHO has faced criticism of its own for the way it has tried to manage the crisis

Stay in your own lane Pattison. You should be more concerned about the sloppy butt kissing your organization is guilty of in China than in promoting your own fever dream of information control.
The WHO, you know, your employer, can’t even put out reliable information on its own and that’s it’s job. Maybe you should work on that before you promote corporate censorship.
Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2020 at 4:46pm

George Orwell 1984

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
pheasant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pheasant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2020 at 4:23pm
I posted earlier, somewhere it was on CBS news this morning or at least on my phone feed, the CDC and Homeland security had meetings with google, and Facebook in silicon valley yesterday or today.

I found that very interesting, i think they want to mitigate panic....I'm feeling more like this is a frog in a pot situation....... history says there is a playbook for this....those who prep need to be able to read the tea leaves i think....just IMO

I'm leaning towards a picture where once they let loose with the bad news, or it breaks loose, were going to see a run stateside for things on a bigger scale......like we saw for masks.

Don't forget the central command (USA) issued orders this week for pandemic preparedness (yes, i know, hair raising....but it's real stuff vet it for yourself)

This is from The Military Times Feb 7th briefing.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

US military prepping for coronavirus pandemic: US military prepping for coronavirus pandemic
Patricia Kime
1 day ago
AddThis Sharing Buttons
Share to Facebook
Share to TwitterShare to EmailShare to More
The Briefing | 2.7.2020
In this week's briefing, American coronavirus evacuees from China arrive at U.S. military bases, Marines try out new amphibious combat vehicles, a wounded Navy destroyer returns to the sea, and troops may get purple hearts for injuries received from Iran's missile attack. Those stories and more on The Briefing for the week of Feb. 7, 2020.

U.S. Northern Command is executing plans to prepare for a potential pandemic of the novel coronavirus, now called COVID19, according to Navy and Marine Corps service-wide messages issued this week.

An executive order issued by the Joint Staff and approved by Defense Secretary Mark Esper this month directed Northern Command and geographic combatant commanders to initiate pandemic plans, which include ordering commanders to prepare for widespread outbreaks and confining service members with a history of travel to China.

The Navy and Marine Corps messages, issued Tuesday and Wednesday, respectively, reference an executive order directing U.S. Northern Command to implement the Department of Defense Global Campaign plan for Pandemic Influenza and Infectious Diseases 3551-13.

The document serves as the Pentagon’s blueprint for planning and preparing for widespread dispersion of influenza and previously unknown diseases.

U.S. Northern Command said Wednesday it was directed the Joint Staff Feb. 1 to commence “prudent planning” in their assigned role synchronizing the department’s plans for pandemic flu and disease

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2020/02/13/us-military-prepping-for-coronavirus-pandemic/
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2020 at 3:59pm
Not to my knowledge. Sorry!
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2020 at 3:48pm
This didn't happen during H1N1 pandemic in 2009. Or maybe it did and I didn't notice. But this sounds like WHO is feeling some pressure to regain the dialogue. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please.
Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2020 at 3:39pm

BBC news and Euronews pushing this story.

WHO was pushing this back on Feb 6

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-51497800
The World Health Organization (WHO) is urging tech companies to take tougher action to battle fake news on the coronavirus.
The push comes as a representative from the WHO travelled to Silicon Valley to speak directly to tech firms about the spread of false information.
The WHO has labelled the spread of fake news on the outbreak an "infodemic".
Over 1,000 people have died as a result of the outbreak, which began in central China but has spread globally.
Andrew Pattison, digital business solutions manager, for the WHO said false information was "spreading faster than the virus".
Bogus claims that the virus was spread by eating bat soup or could be cured by garlic have already swept the web.
'Not based on science'
Mr Pattison spoke on Thursday to a meeting of tech companies hosted at Facebook's headquarters in Mountain View California.
Other firms in attendance included Google, Apple, Airbnb, Lyft, Uber and Salesforce.
Earlier in the week, he held talks with Amazon, at the e-commerce giant's headquarters in Seattle.
Since the outbreak of the coronavirus was labelled a public health emergency, books on the disease - which Mr Pattison said were not "based on science" - have been popping up for sale on the e-retailer.
The WHO is also concerned that when users search for the term coronavirus on Amazon, listings for face masks and vitamin C boosters come up. Vitamin C has been listed as one of the fake cures for coronavirus.
Social media firms have already taken some steps to remove false claims and promote accurate information.
Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and TikTok are already directing users that search for coronavirus on their sites to the WHO or local health organisations.
People searching on Google's search engines, meanwhile, are shown news and safety tips. Facebook has said it will use its existing network of third-party fact-checkers to debunk false claims.
Mr Pattison said this was an opportunity for these firms to rethink how they addressed misinformation.
"I think what would be very exciting is to see this emergency changed into a long-term sustainable model, where we can have responsible content on these platforms."
The WHO has faced criticism of its own for the way it has tried to manage the crisis
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic