Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HK , Jpn Spore Transmission Charts:Sustained H2H
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

HK , Jpn Spore Transmission Charts:Sustained H2H

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HK , Jpn Spore Transmission Charts:Sustained H2H
    Posted: February 15 2020 at 11:26am
Local cases in general circulation. Interesting connections and timelines.
Conclusion: Singapore, HK, and Japan currently have sustained human-to-human transmission that is uncontained.

Marc Lipsitch, head of infectious disease at Harvard, like so many other experts, say pandemic likely:

https://twitter.com/mlipsitch/status/1228374291802017793
Why do I think a pandemic is likely? The infection is in many parts of China and many countries in the world, with meaningful numbers of secondary transmissions. The scale is much larger than SARS for example (where the US had many introductions and no known onward transmission)

I would post the charts, but it seems there is a problem uploading image files (says to delete from file manager, but there is no way to do that)
Usk View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2020 at 12:26pm
Link not working
Newbie1A View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Newbie1A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2020 at 1:20pm
I did cut/paste - worked for me in search bar, but here it is direct (hoping this works)...

If it's to be - it's up to me!
pheasant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pheasant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2020 at 2:12pm
I very much like the manner in which he framed the discussion, it was refreshing.

Getting more serious now, and real.
The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself......FDR
Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2020 at 2:19pm

I believe this is what is going on in Tokyo. Sustain cluster

Also post about Singapore cluster. Check it out

https://afludiary.blogspot.com/

Tokyo Confirms 8 More COVID-19 Cases 

#14,873

On Thursday, in Japan MOH: Details On 1st Coronavirus Death & Recently Confirmed Taxi Driverwe saw the first inking of what is rapidly becoming a large cluster of community acquired COVID-19 cases in Tokyo, Japan.
Japan's 28th case was described as a taxi driver living in Tokyo, who first reported symptoms on January 29th - who visited several medical institutions over the next two weeks - and who was finally diagnosed on February 13th
For the next part of this story we have to jump to Tokyo's Municipal government website, which provides details on the ongoing epidemiological investigation.  This 28th patient attended a large party on January 18th, and now several other attendees are testing positive.

Current status of active epidemiological survey of Tokyo patients (identified on February 13) (13th report)
On February 13, a case of infectious disease related to this new type of coronavirus was confirmed in Tokyo, and the results of an active epidemiological survey conducted in cooperation with the public health center to date have shown the following. I will inform you as follows.
1 Behavior history before onset
January 18
  • Participated in the New Year's party (yakata boat) of the private taxi union branch in the Jonan district.
  • About 80 people participated in the New Year party.
  • * Other crew and daily activities are currently being checked.
2 Dealing with dense contacts
At present, there are approximately 100 patients who have been in close contact with patients, including those who attended the New Year's party on January 18 and workers on houseboats, those living with patients, employees working at the individual taxi union branch office, and those working at the medical institution where the patient consulted. I know the name.
As a result of the test conducted yesterday at the Health and Safety Research Center, two people were found positive today. These people were found to be employees of a private taxi union branch and a houseboat.
The houseboat workers confirmed that they had a history of contact with travelers from Hubei Province, China, and thatabout 10 new year party participants had symptoms such as fever, We are currently investigating the details, mainly by the parties involved in the meeting.
Close contacting persons, regardless of the presence or absence of symptoms, conduct tests sequentially for all persons, and will announce the test results promptly.
Close contact with patients is requested to:
  • Waiting at home until test results are revealed
  • For those who have no symptoms and a negative test result, a 14-day health observation from the date of the last close contact with the patient
  • If symptoms occur, contact a health center and consult a medical institution
Japanese media are now reporting on 8 new cases identified in Tokyo, 7 of which are linked to this party.  Japan's MOH has posted a graphical image of a document about these cases, but that isn't translatable with the tools i have available.

The Asahi Shimbun, however is reporting:
8 new cases of coronavirus infection in Tokyo confirmed
THE ASAHI SHIMBUN
February 15, 2020 at 19:07 JST
Eight more Tokyo residents were confirmed to be infected with the coronavirus on Feb. 15, authorities said.
Six of them attended a New Year’s party on a “yakatabune” party boat. Another individual in his 40s worked on the party boat.
The party was held for independent taxi drivers in Tokyo. A taxi driver in his 70s had earlier been confirmed to be infected with the coronavirus. Others who attended the same party were also tested.
Four taxi drivers in their 50s to 80s, as well as two women in their 50s and 60s who live with two of the men, were confirmed to have the coronavirus.

The eighth case concerned a company employee in his 40s who had not visited either Hubei or Zhejiang provinces in China, where the highest number of infections have occurred, during the past two weeks.

Due to a prolonged incubation period, and a slow progression of illness, there appears to have been a substantial community transmission event in Tokyo back on January 18th, which has gone unrecognized for nearly 4 weeks.

All of which makes the relatively small number of cases being reported outside of Mainland China a little less reassuring.

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2020 at 2:56pm
Here are the charts I could finally upload

Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2020 at 3:42pm
Fascinating! Thank you BabyCat!
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2020 at 8:47pm
I think this chart is interesting. Visitor traffic to Hong Kong has virtually ceased entirely. The global economy is starting to shut down. Saw a picture of hunndreds of large cargo ships near a Singapore harbor, just anchored and waiting.

Outside of war or revolution, I can think of very few situations where this could happen.

I think many people expect this to pass over soon, but I'm not so sure.
Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2020 at 9:27am
3 more  cases, story below my comments

When does the Singapore cluster signal level 5? 
Two countries in one region , China an Singapore would qualify a change. Are we there yet? BabyCat's graph on the cluster seems  to show ease in H2H.

Phase 4 is characterized by verified human-to-human transmission of an animal or human-animal influenza reassortant virus able to cause “community-level outbreaks.” The ability to cause sustained disease outbreaks in a community marks a significant upwards shift in the risk for a pandemic. Any country that suspects or has verified such an event should urgently consult with WHO so that the situation can be jointly assessed and a decision made by the affected country if implementation of a rapid pandemic containment operation is warranted. Phase 4 indicates a significant increase in risk of a pandemic but does not necessarily mean that a pandemic is a forgone conclusion. 

Phase 5 is characterized by human-to-human spread of the virus into at least two countries in one WHO region. While most countries will not be affected at this stage, the declaration of Phase 5 is a strong signal that a pandemic is imminent and that the time to finalize the organization, communication, and implementation of the planned mitigation measures is short. 

SINGAPORE: The Ministry of Health (MOH) on Sunday (Feb 16) 
confirmed three new COVID-19 cases, including a Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) regular serviceman linked to a cluster at the Grace Assembly of God church.
The serviceman was one of two new cases linked to the church. The third case is a family member of another patient.
All the new cases have no recent travel history to China. This brings the total number of cases in Singapore to 75.
TWO NEW CASES LINKED TO CLUSTER
Case 73 is a 43-year-old regular in the Singapore Armed Forces. He works at Building 613 of Tengah Air Base, but has not been at work since Feb 6, said the Ministry of Defence (MINDEF).
He was identified as a close contact of Case 51, who works at Grace Assembly of God branches in Tanglin and Bukit Batok, and was served a home quarantine order on Feb 13. 
A day later, he was taken to the National Centre for Infectious Diseases (NCID), and tested positive for the coronavirus on Feb 15.

Prior to being admitted, he attended the Tanglin branch of the church. He lives at Lorong 8 Toa Payoh.

As a precautionary measure, SAF carried out "immediate and thorough disinfection" of the premises the serviceman had been in, said MINDEF. 

He was identified as a close contact of Case 51, who works at Grace Assembly of God branches in Tanglin and Bukit Batok, and was served a home quarantine order on Feb 13. 
A day later, he was taken to the National Centre for Infectious Diseases (NCID), and tested positive for the coronavirus on Feb 15.

Prior to being admitted, he attended the Tanglin branch of the church. He lives at Lorong 8 Toa Payoh.

As a precautionary measure, SAF carried out "immediate and thorough disinfection" of the premises the serviceman had been in, said MINDEF. 

READ: Package to help households with cost of living to be announced at Budget amid COVID-19 outbreak: DPM Heng

Case 74, who is also linked to the Grace Assembly of God cluster, is a 29-year-old Singaporean man who reported the onset of symptoms on Feb 12. 
He sought treatment at Alexandra Hospital on the same day, and again on Feb 15, when he was admitted. He tested positive for the infection on the same afternoon.

Prior to hospital admission, he went to work at Hi-Yew Technology at 3031A Ubi Road. He stays at Mei Ling Street.

There are now 18 confirmed cases linked to the church.

FAMILY MEMBER OF PREVIOUS CASE
Case 75 is a family member of Case 41 and has been under quarantine since Feb 7.
The 71-year-old Singaporean woman was confirmed to have the infection on Feb 16 morning and is currently warded at NCID.
No more information about her movements was given.
Case 41 is a 71-year-old Singaporean man with no recent travel history to China. He was tested positive for the infection on Feb 8.
MOH also provided updates to Cases 68, 69, 70, 71 and 72, which were announced on Saturday.

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2020 at 9:37am
Excellent point. It should happen now declared Level 5, but the WHO is only the tail trying to wag the dog. They have shown themselves to be incompetent, and dangerous to life on this planet in their stated mission.

The next likely step will be additional travel restrictions from other countries regarding Singapore, etc. But WHO won't act until it's obvious to everyone. I mean , their team is just NOW entering China!
Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2020 at 9:45am
Tedros ' Twitter feed, he is getting his %ss handed to him .
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2020 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Newbie1A Newbie1A wrote:

I did cut/paste - worked for me in search bar, but here it is direct (hoping this works)...

Thanks, I know Dr. Lipsitch but don't follow his Twitter feed.  

Here's the skinny - this is a corona virus, which are common as dirt in society.  Humans are the reservoir for transmission in society, vs. birds & swine for orthomyxoviridae (flu viruses).  

Therefore, this novel variant, unless it is contained and stomped out like SARS, will be likely to circulate globally and join the list of other coronas we deal with year round.  

The COVID-19 virus is NOT as lethal as the SARS virus was, so it will be more difficult to track and contain.  I believe the end result will be an uptick in severe respiratory illness seasonally, with greatest impact to the elderly, immune compromised and individuals with preexisting respiratory disease.  

There are worse diseases out there, believe me.  

p.s. please don't eat bats. 

CRS, DrPH
FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2020 at 1:44pm
So why are all these cities shut down if this not any different than a severe respiratory illness...sorry I do not buy that one CRS. This is a lot worse than we know friend out of the Pentagon says they know the numbers are way low.   Military know how many bodies are being burned because they can see from satellites. I will not dismiss this one as lightly as you seem to be doing.

Why is the military setting up quarantine areas across the country if this is not that bad?
WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2020 at 3:11pm
Yeah... I can't get past China locking down an entire province and possibly up to 500,000,000 people. Not to mention ships with goods not leaving ports. And why has the Military been tasked to plan for outbreaks? Tinfoil hat post I saw today was a screen shot grabbed off of CNN that Military is planning on how to shut down NYC. It was a link and when the person who grabbed the screen shot clicked it there was an error page. Not I'm not saying I think this post was real, but I can certainly see the Military planning on paper how to quarantine cities if this thing gets nasty.
BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2020 at 8:51pm
FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2020 at 9:39pm
See the recovery rate is NOT GOOD!   That is why hospitals will be over flowing this will be s sh/t storm if it hits here like China.
BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2020 at 4:08pm
Ruh-oh.
--

Max Howroute▫️
@howroute
11 infected on Tokyo tour boat, likely transmitted #coronavirus to non-passengers. The Tokyo Metropolitan Government says the virus may be spreading in the capital, as people not at the party - including an office worker were also confirmed infected.
https://twitter.com/howroute/status/1229506225781510145

https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20200217/p2a/00m/0na/012000c

11 infected on Tokyo tour boat, likely transmitted coronavirus to non-passengers
February 17, 2020 (Mainichi Japan)

Japanese version

This electron microscopic image provided by the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention and GISAID (Global Initiative on Sharing All Influenza Data) shows the new coronavirus.
TOKYO -- A sudden spike in new coronavirus cases was confirmed among attendees at a New Year's party for independent taxi drivers held on a traditional "yakatabune" river tour boat in the capital.

【Related】New coronavirus cases further spread in Japan, some infection routes unknown
【Related】Editorial: 1st Japan coronavirus death spotlights need for moves to prevent epidemic
【Related】Japan's 1st in-hospital coronavirus transmission suspected in Wakayama Pref.
The Tokyo Metropolitan Government says the virus may be spreading in the capital, as people not at the party -- including an office worker and a chauffeur -- were also confirmed infected, and is calling for measures to prevent transmission. It provided information on the route of infection among party attendees at a Feb. 16 press conference.

The New Year's party was held on Jan. 18 by a branch of a private taxi union based in Tokyo's Jonan area, and was attended by about 70 taxi drivers and their families who dined on the boat. However, the windows were shut due to heavy rain, creating a confined space with insufficient ventilation -- the kind of environment where disease spreads more easily.

The metropolitan government has been conducting tests on around 200 people involved in the party, on the assumption that the infection had spread on the yakatabune boat.

An independent taxi driver in his 70s, who participated in the party along with his wife, had tested positive in Tokyo. He is the son-in-law of a woman in her 80s from Kanagawa Prefecture, south of Tokyo, who died on Feb. 13 -- Japan's first confirmed fatality from the COVID-19 illness.

The metropolitan government began investigating in the wake of the woman's death, and had confirmed 11 participants and yakatabune employees were infected with the coronavirus as of Feb. 16.

Two people who were not onboard the tourist boat also tested positive for the new virus: a female employee with the union branch in her 50s, who had contact with the taxi driver at work, and a doctor in his 60s at Makita General Hospital in Tokyo's Ota Ward.

A nurse at the hospital who tested positive for coronavirus on Feb. 15 had attended the New Year's party as a family member of one of the taxi drivers. The doctor had dined with the nurse along with other people on three occasions in late January.

(Japanese original by Koichi Uchida and Yoshikazu Takeuchi, Tokyo City News Department)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic