Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

CDC telebriefing link

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CDC telebriefing link
    Posted: February 21 2020 at 11:02am
pheasant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pheasant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2020 at 11:45am
Does the link work or was that just for the live event?
The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself......FDR
Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2020 at 11:50am
When I posted it was said and done,but the player at that link was functional.I listened to some,but then my IPad crashed. Waiting for the transcript. It seemed more sobering than most telebriefings.
pheasant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pheasant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2020 at 12:48pm
Wow, the director can dance, he can tango quite well.
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2020 at 1:06pm
I don't know why your link did not work. The address is correct. Here it is for those who can't get mine to work:   https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2020/a0221-cdc-telebriefing-covid-19.html   one would have to cut and paste.

This is my attempt to post a working link:   https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2020/a0221-cdc-telebriefing-covid-19.html
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2020 at 1:12pm
Sorry about that link not working thanks for the correct one!
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2020 at 1:48pm
No appologies nnecessary. Thank you for the info.
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2020 at 1:49pm

Preparedness Resources

While the content at the links provided below was developed to prepare for, or respond to, an influenza (“flu”) pandemic, the newly emerged coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a respiratory disease that seems to be spreading much like flu. Guidance developed for influenza pandemic preparedness would be appropriate in the event the current COVID-19 outbreak triggers a pandemic.

Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2020 at 3:47pm
I think the thing that hit me the most was the statement that said something to the effect of you are seeing other countries closing down schools and businesses and staying home. The virus is not spreading in the U.S. like that right now, but we may have to do that in the fiuture.
pheasant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pheasant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2020 at 4:22pm
Just a heads up:

If you look at South Korea, and right now breaking news Italy, they went from normal to people being "quarantined" in hours. So if you don't have yourself ready, this can sneak up on you.

Take Italy, in just the past couple of hours, 50k people ....I guarantee most were not ready to sip at that moment. The Italian cluster just broke this morning, the extra cases...less than 12 hours later, whole towns are told to stay indoors and not go to gathering places...grocery stores are gathering spaces btw.

Just an example of how quick stuff can slide sideways...Take note peeps
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Italy locks down TEN towns after 1st coronavirus death as cases jump to 17
21 Feb, 2020 23:52 / Updated 3 minutes ago
Get short URL
Italy locks down TEN towns after 1st coronavirus death as cases jump to 17
Tourists wearing protective masks take a selfie in front of ther Trevi's Fountain in Rome © Reuters / Remo Casilli

Follow RT onRT
Public spaces across 10 Italian cities have been placed on lockdown, as the first Italian patient succumbed to the illness, amid a spate of new coronavirus cases – bringing the total in the country to 17 infections.

With 15 new cases confirmed on Friday in northern Italy, health authorities have imposed restrictions on some 50,000 people across 10 towns, who have been asked to stay at home and avoid public places, including schools, bars, church gatherings and sporting events.

Five doctors are among the new patients, the first known cases of local transmission of the virus in Italy. None of them are believed to have traveled to China, where the illness first emerged.
Also on rt.com ‘Tremendous public health threat’: CDC confirms 34 coronavirus cases in US, prepares for ‘very possible, even likely’ pandemic

https://www.rt.com/news/481442-italy-coronavirus-death-lockdown/
BeachMama View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeachMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2020 at 7:43pm
Listening to this was incredibly sobering. Am I the only one who feels kicked into overdrive on getting prepared for SIP now?

I feel like this was the CDC saying, basically;
“Let he who has ears hear: we’re about to get slammed. Be prepared.”

Just...wow.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic