Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Coronavirus Pandemic: State Discussion Forums > Select Your State - And join the discussion > Colorado
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Colorado News

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Colorado News
    Posted: March 19 2020 at 5:40pm

Post News Items for Colorado here guys.  Saves on lots of New Topics

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 5:40pm

Effective Friday, March 20, King Soopers will dedicate the first shopping hour on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, from 7am-8am, exclusively to the shopping needs of senior citizens.

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 2:47pm

From a Colorado Nurse:

Nichole McCloy is with Brian McCloy.

I’m Nichole. I’m a nurse in Colorado and I just choked on a HUGE piece of humble pie.

Three weeks ago I was making jokes about Coronavirus at work along with my other Co-workers. We were talking about how it was being blown way out of proportion by the media and how ridiculous the hype was.

A week later we were having fun laughing at the memes about toilet paper and other funny jokes. I ordered bidets for my bathrooms from Amazon because I didn’t want to have to deal with the crazy lines at stores for TP.

Still, I was telling my family not to worry, this isn’t going to be a big deal for us...it’s happening in other parts of the world and our government is just getting us all worked up over nothing.

Nothing to see here.

It will come and go and it’s just a virus like any flu or cold and we take care of that crud all the time. It’s an election year and every election year people get crazy and weird stuff happens...and on and on.

I even bought a T-shirt that said “I ain’t afraid of no ghost” as a joke to wear to work because I felt like this virus was a ghost (in other words...it didn’t really exist at the capacity that people were saying it did).

I was angry when my gym closed down because I really didn’t understand it. I was saying to my husband “this is ridiculous! If someone is immune compromised or has risk factors they should stay home! I don’t need to stay home ... it’s their responsibility to take care of them and my responsibility to take care of me!”

Oh how a week has change things.

By now a lot more is coming out from Italian healthcare workers.

By now, I have joined a group full of healthcare providers and their ACTUAL experiences in our own country are shocking.

The truth is -

“They” weren’t lying to us.

I am not here to argue where it came from or how long is been here...I am now here to serve you and put out the fire.

This virus is the real deal.

The ways healthcare workers across our country are already being stretched is crazy.

And it’s going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

So as I drove home last night with tears streaming down my cheeks as it is no longer just a fictitious tale...all I could think about was my family.

Not my immediate family (I always think of them) ... but my work family.

The people I have been in the trenches with. The people who have my back and I have theirs every single day for the last 16 years.

And you know what?

I get it.

If you are somebody who is pissed because your gym closed and your favorite restaurants closed and your ballgames are not on and you are out of a job and left without an income for who knows how long and you are just giving the middle finger to the world right now-

I hear you.

I see you.

I was you...4 days ago.

But today-

As the announcement was made overhead for a rapid response -

As a doctor I have known for years who I have never seen rattled was rattled to his core about the lack of PPE across our nation - was stressing the importance to us of sparing as much PPE as we could...

As another doctor I have “grown up” with over the last 8 or so years had a look in her eyes I didn’t recognize - uncertainty and fear -

As I remained calm for them both and for my unit...I realized something.

We will survive this thing IF our fellow Americans and our fellow Coloradans can help us.

We are not asking you to come join us as we labor nurses face the reality that we may be asked to learn how to run ventilators once we hit capacity...we are not asking that you come to the hospital and step into the midst of this storm or praise us for a career we chose to go into -

All we are asking is that you please stay home.

Stay put.

Give space between you and your other community members.

Stop touching the freaking door handles.

Go to the store once a week or once every 2 weeks to minimize your chance of exposure and to help protect those around you.

Stop reposting things you don’t know to be true and take a few minutes to get to know the truth about what is going on in your own back yard.

Coloradans...we are not asking you to believe everything you hear.

We are not asking you to fight about politics and bash each other about who voted for who and how good, bad or ugly someone is...

We are in this thing now.

It wasn’t our choice, but here we are.

We can choose to stop it before it gets out of hand or we can just keep pretending it will never affect us because we are healthy and we can sit here pissed about the government taking away our freedom.

I don’t want to have to learn how to run a ventilator. I don’t want to assist anesthesia in intubating a patient because there is no other option.

That’s not my skill set.

I deliver babies.

That’s the only thing I have ever done and I am really good at it!

But, I love you.

I know I don’t know you, and I know you are acting like an asshole...but I love you anyway because you are my fellow human.

I will even take care of your stupid ass when you come to our hospital after NOT practicing social distancing ... and when half of our competently trained ICU nurses and doctors have been wiped out and are being quarantined or are sick ...

I will step up and do all kinds of things I don’t want to ever do - and I will do it for you. (But I won’t be as good at it as my friends in ICU who specialized in this area)

So, please stop being selfish.

Please stop thinking this isn’t real.

Please wake up before we lose more human lives to a disease we have no control over ....

I don’t care a bit about your political views and how we could have prevented this...

You can fight about that all you want when this is over.

You may not believe me because you don’t know me or my colleagues, so I am going to spend the next few days introducing you to them.

They are amazing people who will help you even if you were a jerk and decided to ignore the request by our governor that has been put in place to protect you and us and the rest of this amazing state. (Remember I am a former jerk too...I have just had the privilege of seeing the truth in person)

All we ask is that you stay home and give us all a fighting chance.

Give the people WE love a fighting chance.

We all love people too.

Our families. Our husbands, wives, children, parents, sisters, brothers and each other - our work family.

You get to make a choice today.

Do the right thing.

Stop the spread in Colorado.

There’s a lot we don’t have control over right now, let’s make a massive difference where we DO have a choice.

****If you are practicing social distancing and staying home please share this post! We need to know that we are being supported at this time. We need to see that somebody out there values our lives as much as we value yours.****

#doingmypart #socialdistancing #copolitics #stopthespread #supportanurse

📸 credit the amazing Monet Nicole - Birthing Stories ❤️

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2020 at 2:08pm

Several Colorado school districts cancel in-person classes for rest of school year

This list will be updated if more schools cancel in-person classes.

Author: Wilson Beese (9NEWS)
Published: 1:25 PM MDT April 3, 2020
Updated: 1:51 PM MDT April 3, 2020

COLORADO, USA — Multiple Denver-area school districts announced Friday that they will not be returning for in-person classes for the rest of the school year. 

Jefferson County school district was the first to announce the cancellation of in-person instruction on Friday.

> In the video above, UCHealth's Dr. Michelle Barron answers five key questions about COVID-19.

A joint announcement sent shortly after revealed that a dozen more school districts were also switching to remote learning for the semester. 

Gov. Jared Polis (D-Colorado) had previously asked that schools stay closed until April. 

Poudre Schools in northern Colorado also announced that it would move to remote learning for the rest of the school year on Thursday evening. 

Below is the list of school districts that have cancelled in-person instruction for the remainder of the school year:

• 27J
  • Adams 12
  • Adams 14
  • Aurora
  • Cherry Creek
  • Clear Creek
  • Denver
  • Douglas County
  • Englewood
  • Jefferson County
  • Littleton
  • Mapleton
  • Poudre
  • Westminster 

RELATED: Google using location data to show which states are taking social distancing seriously

RELATED: Gov. Polis to provide update on state’s COVID-19 response at 1:30 p.m.

SUGGESTED VIDEOS: COVID-19 Coronavirus

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic