Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Another cruise ship

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Loribearme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another cruise ship
    Posted: March 26 2020 at 6:08am
KiminNM View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KiminNM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 8:04am

I don't understand why there are still any people on cruise ships.  It's mind boggling to me. 

Newbie1A View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Newbie1A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 8:11am

Originally posted by KiminNM KiminNM wrote:

I don't understand why there are still any people on cruise ships.  It's mind boggling to me. 

I'll take it one step further... WHY are there still any ships 'cruising'?!?! I thought all had been shut down!

If it's to be - it's up to me!
KiminNM View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KiminNM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 9:29am

Originally posted by Newbie1A Newbie1A wrote:

Originally posted by KiminNM KiminNM wrote:

I'll take it one step further... WHY are there still any ships 'cruising'?!?! I thought all had been shut down!

Yep, that's what I really meant.  

I've had to limit news the past few days because it all just makes me so angry and frustrated, because - all together now with other Chris Martenson fans - it didn't have to be like this. 

Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 9:50am

Yep!  Latest Mantra:  "IDHTBLT"

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
Newbie1A View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newbie1A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 1:34pm

not one...3! THREE cruise ships... all heading to Florida - have fun with that.  So glad right now I'm a land locked, land lover!   

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/3-cruise-ships-carrying-more-than-100-people-with-flu-like-symptoms-headed-to-florida/ar-BB11KERb?ocid=spartanntp

KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 1:40pm

On the news last night they said that were New Zealanders stranded on 30 cruise ships around the world now. 30 ?!?! Who in their right mind would have got on one of those in the last month?

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesnโ€™t accord with the facts.
EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 11:26pm

Originally posted by KiwiMum KiwiMum wrote:

......Who in their right mind would have got on one of those in the last month?

Hoping to get the trip in before things closed down, but the gamble did not work.  

Newbie1A View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newbie1A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2020 at 12:17pm

4 dead on this one... https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/4-passengers-die-on-stranded-cruise-ship-carrying-247-canadians/ar-BB11O9Bi?ocid=spartandhp

And management apparently doesn't get the whole 'asymptomatic spread' theory!! 

Holland America said it plans to transfer healthy passengers to its sister ship, the Rotterdam which is currently with the Zaandam. Priority will be given to passengers over the age of 70 who have an inside cabin, the company said. 

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2020 at 1:39pm

ABC News: Foreign coronavirus-infected cruise ship passengers on Artania taken to WA Police Academy for quarantine.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-27/coronavirus-cruise-ship-allowed-to-dock-at-fremantle/12095400

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.๐Ÿ––

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2020 at 1:41pm
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.๐Ÿ––

Marcus Aurelius
Newbie1A View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newbie1A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2020 at 8:55pm

Cruise ship says "God knows how many people we infected"... yeah and IDHTBTW (or something like that!) … PEOPLE B4 PROFITS!

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/god-knows-how-many-people-we-infected-new-protocols-aim-to-get-cruise-passengers-home/ar-BB11OlWW?ocid=spartandhp

And... wonder how many people have stories like this, multiple airports on way home...

A Canadian family evacuated from the same Italian ship, the Costa Luminosa, traveled through three airports to get home to Victoria, B.C., only to learn that all five of them were infected. 

LCfromFL View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LCfromFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2020 at 5:34am

It looks like the Costa Favolosa and Costa Magica are in port in Miami (or very close to being there. I looked up their position on my Cruise Mapper app).  Those ships do not have passengers on board - but have about 100 sick crew members but no way to test for COVID-19 while they were at sea. 

https://www.news4jax.com/news/florida/2020/03/26/3-cruise-ships-carrying-100-plus-sick-people-headed-to-florida/ 

The Holland America Zaandam is still anchored off of the coast of Panama awaiting permission to go through the Canal on its way back to Port Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale, FL). Four of her passengers have died and about 150 have IFL symptoms. :(

https://www.wtsp.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/holland-america-zaandam-ship-four-people-dead/67-fe9bb5c4-1275-48ea-9f3c-66944a7e179e 

I absolutely love cruising - but there is simply no way I'd be on a ship right now.  We are booked to cruise to Alaska from Seattle on 4/25.  I keep waiting for NCL to extend their cancellations so I don't have to call to cancel.  We are not going...no how/no way. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic