Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Immunity after recovery?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newbie1A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Immunity after recovery?
    Posted: March 26 2020 at 8:18am
If it's to be - it's up to me!
Gdeb View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gdeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 9:21am

This is promising news! I hope this proves true.

KiminNM View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote KiminNM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 9:27am

It's bizarre to me that the fact using plasma from survivors has already been done successfully in China was buried in the 2nd to last paragraph.

And it's bizarre to me it's taken the US this long to try it.

And it's bizarre to me that the US seems to be insistent on re-creating the wheel instead of learning and taking every bit of knowledge they can from other countries. Prevention, testing, treatment - the US is acting like they're on a separate planet.

Yes, I'm in the US. But I can't bring myself to say "we" because I am so disgusted by our (lack of appropriate) response.

WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 1:10pm

Cuomo got FDA approval to do trials for this treatment.  It has been implemented, but no word on the success of this though.  

Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 1:16pm

It's a treatment that has been around for decades.  It works.

It does carry risks though.  

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
kaye kaye View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaye kaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 1:39pm

Originally posted by KiminNM KiminNM wrote:

It's bizarre to me that the fact using plasma from survivors has already been done successfully in China was buried in the 2nd to last paragraph.

And it's bizarre to me it's taken the US this long to try it.

And it's bizarre to me that the US seems to be insistent on re-creating the wheel instead of learning and taking every bit of knowledge they can from other countries. Prevention, testing, treatment - the US is acting like they're on a separate planet.

Yes, I'm in the US. But I can't bring myself to say "we" because I am so disgusted by our (lack of appropriate) response.

f

I call bat soup bizarre.  Using survivors plasma has been around for years.  The FDA has approved test being conducted.  

keep the joy
kaye kaye View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kaye kaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 3:13pm
  • This virus originated in China in November;
  • The communist Chinese government lied to the global community for two solid  months;
  • During those two months, an average 10,000 Chinese citizens came to America EVERY DAY, creating the epidemic we are now dealing with by shutting down 75% of our economy;
  • The very same dynamic took place in pretty much every country on earth;
keep the joy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic