Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Big damn balloon went up! HPCON CHARLIE!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Big damn balloon went up! HPCON CHARLIE!
    Posted: March 26 2020 at 12:44pm

We live a few miles away from Davis Monthan Air Force Base in Arizona, and I just learned from a contractor that they have invoked HPCON CHARLIE precautions. 

https://kvoa.com/news/2020/03/25/davis-monthan-afb-suspends-air-operations-steps-up-health-protection-in-response-to-covid-19/

"This action is in response to the Secretary of Defense order for all Department of Defense Components to implement Health Protection Condition Charlie as a result of COVID-19. 

To elaborate, HPCON Charlie situations are defined as high morbidity epidemic or contamination, according to DMAFB's health protection measures diagram. 

Examples of HPCON Charlie measures, according to DMAFB's health protection measures diagram, include social distancing, shelter-in-place indoors, or if directed, donate respirators, mass distribution of medical countermeasures, if applicable."

.....DMAFB has suspended air operations, which I've never heard of before.  

US Army is now at HPCON DELTA, their highest level. 

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2020/03/25/army-goes-to-hpcon-charlie-across-all-bases-delta-for-contingency-forces/

Stay tuned, folks.

CRS, DrPH
Newbie1A View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Newbie1A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 1:40pm

I've said more then once that 'there is something bigger at play here'...

So, We have the US Army at highest level of alert... 

Have heard reports the US military are moving to within 30 miles of Canadian border to supposedly "keep Canadians from illegally entering the USA"... ummm we have WAY less people spread out over double the space, great medical staff and systems (or at least higher rated then US) and so far approx. 3600 cases w/35 dead  (vs 79,000+cases and over 1100 dead) - why is someone going to sneak across border now??? 

So.... WT# is going on??? Sorry for bluntness but this is getting so far beyond anything akin to a reasonable response I HAVE to ask that!!!

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/canada-forcefully-opposed-to-us-idea-of-posting-soldiers-at-border-freeland/ar-BB11KBob?ocid=spartanntp

If it's to be - it's up to me!
KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 1:44pm

Originally posted by Newbie1A Newbie1A wrote:

Have heard reports the US military are moving to within 30 miles of Canadian border to supposedly "keep Canadians from illegally entering the USA"... ummm we have WAY less people spread out over double the space, great medical staff and systems (or at least higher rated then US) and so far approx. 3600 cases w/35 dead  (vs 79,000+cases and over 1100 dead) - why is someone going to sneak across border now??? 

Good point. I know which country I'd rather be in, given the choice. Perhaps the Canadians should mount border patrols themselves.....

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 2:31pm

Originally posted by KiwiMum KiwiMum wrote:

Originally posted by Newbie1A Newbie1A wrote:

Good point. I know which country I'd rather be in, given the choice. Perhaps the Canadians should mount border patrols themselves.....

LOL!  My wife is 1/2 Canadian by birth, and believe me, we have discussed this!!  

I have NO IDEA what Trump is thinking my moving US troops anywhere!!  We still have troops deployed along the border with Mexico....if anything, I agree that the Canadians should mount border patrols against invading Yankees!!  

This is all getting too weird, folks. 

CRS, DrPH
kaye kaye View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaye kaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 2:50pm

I doubt it is for Canadians.  It isn't just Canadians that cross the border.

keep the joy
Usk View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 3:43pm

Chinese about to invade through Canada because our forces are so spread thin?

Just my wild imagination?!!  

CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 3:47pm

Originally posted by kaye kaye kaye kaye wrote:

US/Canada border is 5,525 miles/8,891 kilometers.  Where, exactly, will these troops be stationed along this border?  

Portions of the border cross immense freshwater lakes (Lake Superior especially), do we call in the US Navy or Coast Guard? 

I've NEVER seen a more incompetent US President than Donald J. Trump.  

CRS, DrPH
Usk View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Usk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 4:39pm

it is only 1000it 

It is only 1000 reuter President Donald Trump is expected to send troops to the border with Canada to support border operations amid the growing coronavirus crisis, two U.S. government officials told Reuters. 

Under the plan, the Pentagon would send less than 1,000 troops to the U.S. northern border to support U.S. Customs and Border Protection efforts and several additional hundred troops to the border with Mexico, one of the officials said.

is0

JellyMama View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JellyMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 5:04pm

More info on DEFCON Charlie. Looks like all bases are on it and they must take measures to reduce spread by limiting access to bases, personnel.
https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2020/03/25/army-goes-to-hpcon-charlie-across-all-bases-delta-for-contingency-forces/

kaye kaye View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaye kaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 5:16pm

Originally posted by CRS, DrPH CRS, DrPH wrote:

Originally posted by kaye kaye kaye kaye wrote:

US/Canada border is 5,525 miles/8,891 kilometers.  Where, exactly, will these troops be stationed along this border?  

Portions of the border cross immense freshwater lakes (Lake Superior especially), do we call in the US Navy or Coast Guard? 

I've NEVER seen a more incompetent US President than Donald J. Trump.  

Good grief,  somebody call Washington and let them know we have an expert to tell troops where to go.

keep the joy
BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 5:29pm

As I've mentioned before (I've said that a lot sorry), potentially a national security event. What does that mean? It means prepare to possibly see suspension of many laws. 

But I am at the moment leaning towards this is just an emergency directive for all military to PAY ATTENTION to maintain operational readiness, just in case any country gets any funny ideas.

Trump met with G-20 this morning. Talking with Xi tonight. Is he feeling backed into a corner? Blames China? The USS carrier Roosevelt pulled into Guam with 28 cases and likely many more. 

What if the US can't get the curve to bend sufficiently in time? 

BeachMama View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BeachMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 6:01pm

Originally posted by CRS, DrPH CRS, DrPH wrote:

We live a few miles away from Davis Monthan Air Force Base in Arizona, and I just learned from a contractor that they have invoked HPCON CHARLIE precautions. 

https://kvoa.com/news/2020/03/25/davis-monthan-afb-suspends-air-operations-steps-up-health-protection-in-response-to-covid-19/

to the Secretary of Defense order for all Department of Defense Components to implement Health Protection Condition Charlie as a result of COVID-19. 

To elaborate, HPCON Charlie situations are defined as high morbidity epidemic or contamination, according to DMAFB's health protection measures diagram. 

Examples of HPCON Charlie measures, according to DMAFB's health protection measures diagram, include social distancing, shelter-in-place indoors, or if directed, donate respirators, mass distribution of medical countermeasures, if applicable."

.....DMAFB has suspended air operations, which I've never heard of before.  

US Army is now at HPCON DELTA, their highest level. 

Stay tuned, folks.

I grew up near an Army base, in a military family. If I’m correct, this is a very, very significant move for the bases to make.

Thank you, CRS, for bringing this to our attention. It’s definitely wise to keep an even closer eye on how things are going. It also makes me think that what we’re hearing in the press isn’t the full story (I’ve been thinking that, but with this news I’m prone to take whatever D.C. and the press puts out as pretty much fictional).  

Do you have any friends or contacts who are service members who are willing and/or able to keep you updated with what they’re hearing on their end? 

Flubergasted View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flubergasted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 6:21pm

Ya'll don't think this is about supporting hospitals that have run out of PPE and supporting healthcare workers?  I know one of our local hospitals said they would be out of PPE by 8 p.m. tonight.  I know other hospitals are in dire straits, also.

Hazelpad View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hazelpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 6:50pm

In UK today it has been reported that we had  Russian vessels entering and staying in our waters.  Reports say 7 ships sat off the UK coast, and weren't for moving.  Royal Navy had to shadow them out.

Still very strange. Last month our UK airforce had to scramble Typhoons to intercept 2 Russian "Bear bombers " flying over Scotland.

Maybe they are just testing how vulnerable we are under pressure.

Royal Navy shadows Russian ships after 'high activity' in Channel | Royal Navy | The Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/mar/26/royal-navy-shadows-russian-ships-after-high-activity-in-channel

The seven Russian ships – two frigates, three corvettes and two landing ships – were initially tracked by HMS Tyne, an offshore patrol craft. But at various times four navy frigates were deployed to shadow the Russians.

Royal Navy ships were involved in a major operation shadowing seven Russian vessels who had lingered in the Channel for several days this month as the coronavirus crisis was beginning to worsen in the UK

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 6:58pm

Perhaps our soldiers are not to keep Canadians and Mexicans out, rather Americans IN!

We are now the largest health threat to the world, by number of active cases.

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 7:04pm

Also, remember how we used to say judge not the words but actions of China? Same with US. We now have infinite money printing, a FED directly buying assets, emergency legislation, full scale mobilization, market pumping, etc. AND we are being gaslighted by the President. 

It's serious, but it's what you are not being told. Do you trust your government to tell the truth? They are lying every single day. 

RodTahoe View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RodTahoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 7:11pm

With the closure of international borders there has been a strain on personnel.  There are potential crossings that are not normally assigned a person, which now requires a person.  There is extended shifts, such as 24 hours manned access areas which had not been managed like that before this closure.  I am sure the Border Patrol is stretched pretty thin at this point and as a responsible response they may now be supported by military personnel.  This is just the proper action to support the men and women that provide border security on a daily basis, and no reason to think this is some great government conspiracy deployement.  I would think that most countries, even insignificant ones (New Zealand, Scotland) would support their local authorities at border crossings, ports or other access areas to the country with military personnel if they need to.  

Hazelpad View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hazelpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 7:23pm

Ooouch Rod Tahoe....Wouldn't call Scotland insignificant.  The entire British nuclear weapons arsenal are in Scotland....

Oh flower of Scotland...

Newbie1A View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newbie1A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 7:52pm

Originally posted by RodTahoe RodTahoe wrote:

I would think that most countries, even insignificant ones (New Zealand, Scotland) would support their local authorities at border crossings, ports or other access areas to the country with military personnel if they need to.  

Come'on now kids - play nice!  I've been to New Zealand and it's anything but insignificant - a million plus sheep will gladly agree with me...those who have been will get it! 

And Scotland... don't infringe on Bravehearts home stomping grounds - thou shouldn't mess with men in kilts! 

BeachMama View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeachMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 8:00pm

Originally posted by Hazelpad Hazelpad wrote:

Ooouch Rod Tahoe....Wouldn't call Scotland insignificant.  The entire British nuclear weapons arsenal are in Scotland....

Oh flower of Scotland...

I totally just learned something! I had NO idea. 

Newbie1A View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newbie1A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 8:03pm

Originally posted by BabyCat BabyCat wrote:

Perhaps our soldiers are not to keep Canadians and Mexicans out, rather Americans IN!

We are now the largest health threat to the world, by number of active cases.

Yeah...so stay the heck home would ya?!?!?!?!        

Also, remember how we used to say judge not the words but actions of China? Same with US. We now have infinite money printing, a FED directly buying assets, emergency legislation, full scale mobilization, market pumping, etc. AND we are being gaslighted by the President. 

It's serious, but it's what you are not being told. Do you trust your government to tell the truth? They are lying every single day. 

I trust NO government to truly do what's right by the people vs their own back pockets and crony friends.  Why I keep asking 'what is the big picture driving this (over) reaction'...

KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 9:56pm

it's interesting that the Mexicans are now manning their borders to stop people crossing from the US. Oh how the world turns!

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52053656

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2020 at 12:35am

Originally posted by BeachMama BeachMama wrote:

Do you have any friends or contacts who are service members who are willing and/or able to keep you updated with what they’re hearing on their end? 

No, I have high level contacts with the FBI.  I'm a healthcare/public health subject matter expert to the FBI. 

Thanks for confirming what I surmised - this is a BFD for the military to go to this level of alert.   Be safe out there, BM!!  

CRS, DrPH
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2020 at 12:37am

Originally posted by KiwiMum KiwiMum wrote:

it's interesting that the Mexicans are now manning their borders to stop people crossing from the US. Oh how the world turns!

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52053656

Nogales, AZ is 42 miles (67.59 km) from my front door!  It is probably all the Yanks going to Mexico, looking for loo paper!!  LOL!!  

CRS, DrPH
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2020 at 3:48am

Ihe Irish wear kilts too, but one 'tartan' for the whole country, rather than individual tribes or clans.  The Highland Scots are the Scotia tribe - from Ireland!

An Irishman loves a fight!  But we threw the Scotia out for being too agressive.

Tiny yes, but BEWARE men (and women*) in kilts.   Oh, and anyone whose surname begins Mac, Mc or O'.

*Have a look at this Celt if you don't believe me https://www.historyhit.com/facts-about-boudicca/ The Celts filled Scotland, Ireland, Wales and Brittany, plus a few scattered pockets around England. The Romans eventually built Hadrian's wall to keep them out of England. It did not work, walls never do. Now the Scots would like to keep the English on the Roman side out - Oh how the world turns.

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
WillobyBrat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote WillobyBrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2020 at 4:14am

For the benefit of Rod Tahoe, here are a few facts about the 'insignificant' country New Zealand:  

A, New Zealand was the first country to take territory from the Germans in the Second World War - an island in the Pacific.  The Maori regiment was renowned for its courage and success.  One officer got two VCs and a knighthood instead of a third.  New Zealand went to war the day Britain declared it.  The Americans did not come in to it until 1942, when the Japanease kicked their arse at Pearl Harbour.

B, NZ had a national health service two years before England.  The Maori people were so respected for their military prowess, that Great Britain, which was still the world superpower in those days, signed a treaty with the native Maori people.  Furthermore, after the war, until the Brits abandoned them by joining the EU, New Zealand had virtually fed Britain with freezer ships full of lamb, butter and cheese amongst other things.  While we are on the subject, the British people voted to join the EEC - I voted no.  There was no public vote to join the EU and abandon New Zealand and Australia.  Also pray we don't get another ice age, or the water will drop and the mighty continent of Zelandia will rise from the sea - NZ is just the highland tip of that land.

C, They did not charge Britain with lease lend payments; nor did they, even when Britain was at war, supply Germany with aircraft engine parts, ball bearings etc..

Don't pi$$ me off by insulting the nation or country of my childhood, which I will always love and protect.

I like Ike
Sheep Lady View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheep Lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2020 at 8:31am

O

Originally posted by BeachMama BeachMama wrote:

Originally posted by Hazelpad Hazelpad wrote:

Oh flower of Scotland...

I totally just learned something! I had NO idea. 

Of course they are.  Didn't think the Queen Mum wants them in her backyard, do ye?

Sheep Lady
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2020 at 8:53am

Scotland  IS  her backyard.  Balmoral is her favourite castle and Prince Charles is here in Aberdeenshire right now.  

Dutch Josh View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2020 at 9:11am

[url]https://halturnerradioshow.com/index.php/en/news-page/news-nation/us-army-goes-to-highest-state-of-health-protection-hpcon-delta[/url] DJ-What I am getting is that Covid19 may be widespread IN the military-so US forces spreading to limit getting infected ? 

US Army Goes To Highest State of Health Protection:

SUBJECT: FRAGO 13 TO HQDA EXORD 144-20 ARMY WIDE PREPAREDNESS AND
RESPONSE TO CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) OUTBREAK//
(U) REFERENCES.
REF//A/ THROUGH REF//WW/ NO CHANGE.
REF//XX/ [ADD] FRAGO 12 TO HQDA EXORD 144-20 ARMY WIDE PREPAREDNESS
AND RESPONSE TO CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) OUTBREAK, DTG: 230210Z MAR
20//
1. (U) SITUATION. [ADD] MITIGATION MEASURES TAKEN BY THE ARMY TO
BLUNT THE SPREAD OF COVID-19 HAVE PROVEN INSUFFICIENT. COVID-19
CONTINUES TO SPREAD GEOGRAPHICALLY AS THE NUMBER OF INFECTED PERSONS
CONTINUES TO RISE. CIVILIAN CAPABILITY AND CAPACITY ARE BECOMING MORE
STRESSED AS DENSE POPULATION CENTERS CONTINUE TO REPORT HIGHER RATES
OF INFECTION THAT ARE IMPACTING MAJOR TRANSPORTATION HUBS AND SUPPLY
CHAINS. ADDITIONAL MEASURES AND ACTIONS ARE REQUIRED TO PROTECT THE
FORCE FROM FURTHER SPREAD OF COVID-19. FOR EXAMPLE, TO MAINTAIN
STRATEGIC READINESS AND PRESERVE OUR RAPID-RESPONSE CAPABILITIES, WE
ARE PLACING RAPID-RESPONSE FORCES UNDER HPCON DELTA

HPCON Delta is the Army's highest state of Health Protection Condition levels. Severe restrictions on travel and anything that might expose Army personnel to a pathogen.

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
~Albert Einstein
KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2020 at 1:50pm

Originally posted by WillobyBrat WillobyBrat wrote:

For the benefit of Rod Tahoe, here are a few facts about the 'insignificant' country New Zealand:  

A, New Zealand was the first country to take territory from the Germans in the Second World War - an island in the Pacific.  The Maori regiment was renowned for its courage and success.  One officer got two VCs and a knighthood instead of a third.  New Zealand went to war the day Britain declared it.  The Americans did not come in to it until 1942, when the Japanease kicked their arse at Pearl Harbour.

B, NZ had a national health service two years before England.  The Maori people were so respected for their military prowess, that Great Britain, which was still the world superpower in those days, signed a treaty with the native Maori people.  Furthermore, after the war, until the Brits abandoned them by joining the EU, New Zealand had virtually fed Britain with freezer ships full of lamb, butter and cheese amongst other things.  While we are on the subject, the British people voted to join the EEC - I voted no.  There was no public vote to join the EU and abandon New Zealand and Australia.  Also pray we don't get another ice age, or the water will drop and the mighty continent of Zelandia will rise from the sea - NZ is just the highland tip of that land.

C, They did not charge Britain with lease lend payments; nor did they, even when Britain was at war, supply Germany with aircraft engine parts, ball bearings etc..

Don't pi$$ me off by insulting the nation or country of my childhood, which I will always love and protect.

New Zealand was also the first country in the world to grant women the vote which happened in 1893. Countries like the US didn't follow until 1920.

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2020 at 2:06pm

Love you  guys giving the Yanks 

A history lesson

Might be a good idea for a few of them to get off the playstations stop watching the cage fighting ,

Put the guns away .....

And get an edukation...🤓

Take care all 

🤝🖖

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.đź––

Marcus Aurelius
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheep Lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2020 at 2:50pm

Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

Scotland  IS  her backyard.  Balmoral is her favourite castle and Prince Charles is here in Aberdeenshire right now.  

No offense meant.   Prince Charles recovering there I assume.

Sheep Lady
BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2020 at 3:58pm

Trump signs an order authorizing the secretaries of defense and homeland security to summon military and Coast Guard reservists to active duty "for the effective conduct of coronavirus disease response," as he puts it in a notification to Congress.
BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2020 at 4:02pm

With five congress members (4 HR, 1 Senate) now +, and several Congressional aides +, and an aide to the DC mayor now passed, 

Aide to D.C. Mayor Bowser dies of coronavirus, as officials warn people to stay home and away from others

a possibility may be that the virus is more prevalent in DC than realized...

Boris Johnson, Prince Charles, The UK health minister are now positive, sadly

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2020 at 4:10pm

With five congress members (4 HR, 1 Senate) now +, and several Congressional aides +, and an aide to the DC mayor now passed, 

Aide to D.C. Mayor Bowser dies of coronavirus, as officials warn people to stay home and away from others

a possibility may be that the virus is more prevalent in DC than realized...

Boris Johnson, Prince Charles, The UK health minister are now positive, sadly

And Trump will get it too as well as Pence.  They HAVE to meet with people part of the job.  So get ready for Trump to get it but I bet they will be giving him  Chloroquine, Zink, and a Zpak ASAP.  I bet they also have tha they have rendesovier (spelling?) at the WH as well as the plasma treatment.  He is the President of the United States.

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2020 at 6:04pm

I will pray for all to remain safe and healthy.

ME163 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ME163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2020 at 7:58pm

Ok, Carbon,   

It's a crap shoot really.  I guess it all comes down to personal preference.... don't like your stereotyping Americans.   We do our thing, you do yours.  It's important that we all learn to get along . What is your education ?  Curious, because you seem like a  smart chap.  

WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2020 at 4:57am

ME163, I don't think Carbon was addressing a stereotype to Americans on the whole...

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2020 at 6:16am

Originally posted by Sheep Lady Sheep Lady wrote:

In one of his own castles, where he was staying when he fell ill.  Scotland is full of Royal haunts, left to their own devices, without the duty to serve, they would probably all live here 24/7/52 - apart from holidays abroad.

Holyrood Palace, Edinburgh

Balmoral Castle, Aberdeenshire

Craigowan Lodge, Aberdeenshire  (I think this is where HRH Charles is at present)

Birkhall, Aberdeenshire

Glamis Castle, Angus was rented by the Queen Mother  

There are loads of others they gave away, sold or rented out, those were the main ones

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheep Lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2020 at 7:07pm

Originally posted by Sheep Lady Sheep Lady wrote:

In one of his own castles, where he was staying when he fell ill.  Scotland is full of Royal haunts, left to their own devices, without the duty to serve, they would probably all live here 24/7/52 - apart from holidays abroad.

Holyrood Palace, Edinburgh

Balmoral Castle, Aberdeenshire

Craigowan Lodge, Aberdeenshire  (I think this is where HRH Charles is at present)

Birkhall, Aberdeenshire

Glamis Castle, Angus was rented by the Queen Mother  

There are loads of others they gave away, sold or rented out, those were the main ones

Gee, they could have given me one and I would happily revert to something other than an Americanized Scot!

Sheep Lady
EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2020 at 11:20pm

I would settle for a croft....much easier to heat than a castle.

I have to go back seven generations to get to a Scottish relative: Cathrine Burn whose family we can trace back several generations (to 1550) while living in Edinburgh.

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheep Lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2020 at 12:36pm

Originally posted by EdwinSm, EdwinSm, wrote:

I would settle for a croft....much easier to heat than a castle.

I have to go back seven generations to get to a Scottish relative: Cathrine Burn whose family we can trace back several generations (to 1550) while living in Edinburgh.

EdwinSm you are right.  Didn't think about having to lug the peat upstairs to sleep, lol.

Sheep Lady
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2020 at 12:47pm

Box, bed!  No heat necessary.  Modern version - kingspan ecotherm.

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheep Lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2020 at 1:37pm

Box, bed!  No heat necessary.  Modern version - kingspan ecotherm.

Love that idea!

Sheep Lady
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2020 at 2:17pm

Make sure to have a ventilation section, Kingspan does not breathe like traditional wood.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic