Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Big damn balloon went up! HPCON CHARLIE!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nc_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2020 at 4:59pm

Since my surname is Davidson, I assume I'm Scottish

Hazelpad View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hazelpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2020 at 5:00pm

Hz

Hazelpad View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hazelpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2020 at 5:17pm

The history of the Davidson family begins among the Pictish clans ancient Scotland 

Do you feel the call of the hill, calling you home.  ( I would wait until we have more respirators )

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2020 at 7:56pm

Originally posted by BabyCat BabyCat wrote:

But I am at the moment leaning towards this is just an emergency directive for all military to PAY ATTENTION to maintain operational readiness, just in case any country gets any funny ideas.

OPSEC

As I thought. Good thing to stop reporting. China didn't say shit. We shouldn't either.

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/pentagon-confirms-over-1000-covid-19-cases-among-military-tells-bases-stop-public-reporting

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2020 at 10:09pm

I think something big is up. Some early press nibbles of hinting it could have been a released bioweapon from China.

Sheep Lady View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheep Lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2020 at 6:23pm

IMHO agree.

Sheep Lady
Thorne! View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thorne! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2020 at 6:25pm

Originally posted by BabyCat BabyCat wrote:

I think something big is up. Some early press nibbles of hinting it could have been a released bioweapon from China.

Yep, been thinking that for some time. The rhetoric on both sides is ratcheting up.

Sheep Lady View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheep Lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2020 at 6:26pm

Originally posted by nc_girl nc_girl wrote:

Since my surname is Davidson, I assume I'm Scottish

If you are from the Old North State your probably are... my family is too.

Sheep Lady
Thorne! View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thorne! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2020 at 7:09pm

Pompeo urges Americans abroad to return home immediately if able. Commercial flights may not be available.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/coronavirus-update-us-travel-flights-home-return-pompeo-trump-a9438516.html

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2020 at 8:46pm

Since the US has a raging epidemic, having them return doesn't make much sense.

Picture becoming clearer:

That's an advisory more in line with WAR. 

Mother of God, I hope I'm wrong.

As I mentioned in my exponential thread, [and predicted the timing of this balloon accurately ;) ] a possible NATIONAL SECURITY EVENT may be coming. A time when US national security is threatened. I imagine there are secret plans, secret orders/directives/authorities being dusted off and prepared at this very moment should things take a drastic turn for the worse.

If the US has proof this is a Chinese bioweapon, we'll get through the crisis, and then go obliterate the CCP.

mrmouse1969 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmouse1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2020 at 8:50pm

You can argue that Donald J. Trump is the first US President to directly confront the Chinese Communist Party when he impossed tariffs on their imports. The economy would be considered President Trump's Achilles Heel to the CCP, so it would stand to reason they would release such a bioweapon in Wuhan because It would kill two birds with one stone. It would give them an excuse to quarantine the country and allow the army and police to put down the rebellion in Hong Kong and either imprison or kill of the dissidents throughout China without another Tiananmen Square. And, the virus has brought America's economy and stock market to its knees which the Democrats will attempt to use to their advantage this November. Asymmetrical warfare.

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2020 at 8:53pm

Originally posted by mrmouse1969 mrmouse1969 wrote:

You can argue that Donald J. Trump is the first US President to directly confront the Chinese Communist Party when he impossed tariffs on their imports. The economy would be considered President Trump's Achilles Heel to the CCP, so it would stand to reason they would release such a bioweapon in Wuhan because It would kill two birds with one stone. It would give them an excuse to quarantine the country and allow the army and police to put down the rebellion in Hong Kong and either imprison or kill of the dissidents throughout China without another Tiananmen Square. And, the virus has brought America's economy and stock market to its knees which the Democrats will attempt to use to their advantage this November. Asymmetrical warfare.

Yes, very logical. I lived in China. The CCP is evil incarnate. 

I take it back. Trump has stood up, and is standing up to China. He's got my vote again. Now is the time for unity. You reminded me how much of a threat the CCP is.

Surround yourself with people strong enough to change your mind.                                                         

John Wooden   

Change your mind as often as possible. Just because you thought something yesterday doesn't mean you have to think it today. Don't ever become a prisoner of your own opinion      

Harvey Fierstein   

Progress is impossible without change; and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.                                                                   

George Bernard Shaw   

Change your mind about something significant every day.                                                                         

Malcolm Gladwell   

The interesting thing is always to see if you can find a fact that will change your mind about something, to test and see if you can.                                                        

Diane Sawyer   

I wonder where you got that idea from? I mean, the idea that it's feeble to change your mind once it's made up. That's a wrong idea, you know. Make up your mind about things, by all means - but if something happens to show that you are wrong, then it is feeble not to change your mind, Elizabeth. Only the strongest people have the pluck to change their minds, and say so, if they see they have been wrong in their ideas.                                                                       

Enid Blyton   

arirish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote arirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2020 at 8:56pm

The US military is worried about this virus compromising their ability to defend the United States and the rest of the free world! The "Big Stick" has over 200 personnel infected and it's  Captain has asked that the majority of the crew be evacuated and quarantined and the ship be cleaned from stem to stern. There is no place to SIP on a navy ship!  People on cruise ships have much more privacy than does your average swabby and look what's happening to them! I just hope they haven't waited to long!  Far winds and following seas!

Buy more ammo!
BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2020 at 9:05pm

The US MUST maintain operational readiness. If not, the power vacuurm will encourage bad actors. 

I suspect we might lob a few shortly to make a point.

If Putin is infected, and becomes ill, things could destabilize quickly. 

China just closed all its doors. 

Again, all these signs point also align with a preparation for war. 

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2020 at 9:10pm

This is a disaster bigger than I imagined. The scenarios are starting to spiral out of control. 

Asymmetrical warfare indeed. That's why Xi was part of this from the beginning and all the early samples were destroyed. 

I think he will become infamous.

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmouse1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2020 at 9:22pm

Let's hope our US Space Force is operational. Remember, the stealth fighter was operational for years before it was revealed to the public. I live a block away from US Air Force housing, and for the better part of 20 years I'd routinely asked the officers who kept them up at night. The majority of them would say the Chinese!

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2020 at 9:41pm

Agree. Living there, I  saw quite a bit of Han racist arrogance -  to REALLY see racism, live in China as a weiguoren. The people, while generally peaceful and generous, are brainwashed and threatened and controlled to be fearful robots and rabbits, and allow themselves to be ruled by the most murderous, thieving, ruthluss band of gangsters the world has ever seen, for the longest period of time - the Chinese Communist Party.  I only hope the Chinese people rise up against their masters soon. They believe that all the other countries need to be subservient - in fact, in their system, their is only China at the center. Never trust the communists - in business, nor in politics. They will cheat you and laugh at you for being the fool to allow it. Nasty, nasty criminal syndicate. They torture political prisoners (Falun Dafa/Falun Gong) and remove their organs while alive. Organs they sell for profit for order, of course.  

The CCP is the world's enemy.

The people are well and good, like people everywhere, but think of the CCP like the Nazi Party in Germany., but was never defeated. Now that this criminal mafia has gotten rich by the West's stupidity (producing everything, then stealing everything), they've leapfrogged into the present as a powerful force to be reckoned with. They feel it's their destiny. I only wish I was still young enough to be part of a team of special operators working to save the free world from their evil ambitions.

pheasant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pheasant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2020 at 1:32am

I have been hesitant to bring this up, and chuck can speak to it better than I can, but with the viral event currently taking place, we are at a very dangerous place for a bad actor, or other entity to attack....especially with a bio agent.

The very defense we have against such an attack is severely taxed,and comprised at the moment.

I remember reading somewhere in the planning that during an event like this, our military posture would change both for mitigation and as a deterrent.

Fog of "war" is thick right now, It would take a less sophisticated  attack right now to really hurt us........this is a very real threat, considering the mindset of some of our enemy's.....

The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself......FDR
Hazelpad View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hazelpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2020 at 11:29am

Posted this somewhere else but thought it might fit in with this topic.

China sent a huge amount of PPE and medical equipment recently as a good will gesture to aid Europe to help fight the coronavirus. It had been distributed and was in use in hospitals, but it now has to be all recalled because its faulty and dangerous.   Dam filters dont work and could hasten spread not reduce it.

What you are all saying here makes me think we should look the gift horse in the mouth.  Or is this unreasonable.

Hz

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-52092395

CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2020 at 12:41pm

Originally posted by Thorne! Thorne! wrote:

Pompeo urges Americans abroad to return home immediately if able. Commercial flights may not be available.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/coronavirus-update-us-travel-flights-home-return-pompeo-trump-a9438516.html

Pompeo shipped all of our masks & PPE over to China....WTF??  

https://www.state.gov/the-united-states-announces-assistance-to-combat-the-novel-coronavirus/

CRS, DrPH
WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2020 at 1:26pm

It's remarkable what you can find in public records...  

AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2020 at 1:36pm

Originally posted by WitchMisspelled WitchMisspelled wrote:

It's remarkable what you can find in public records...  

Yes it is. 

KiwiMum View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2020 at 1:56pm

Originally posted by CRS, DrPH CRS, DrPH wrote:

Originally posted by Thorne! Thorne! wrote:

Pompeo shipped all of our masks & PPE over to China....WTF??  

https://www.state.gov/the-united-states-announces-assistance-to-combat-the-novel-coronavirus/

But that article was dated 7 Feb. Perhaps he thought they could help China contain it.

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2020 at 2:34pm

The Obama administration gave to the poor (Africa), the Trump administration gave to those in need (China).  BOTH should be applauded for it!

Whoever that was in the fed. selling masks on auction during the current crisis - he/she is a trator.

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
cobber View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2020 at 5:38pm

China is pushing the advantage in the South China Sea. 

They are conducting "military drills"

Its an incredibly provocative thing to do in these times. 

Scary Stuff

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2020 at 7:08pm

Not a surprise. They sense weakness with the Big Stick. 

They will be sorely mistaken. 

Heretofore unknown assets may be revealed. 

Rods From Gods?

Instantly vaporized if they try something?

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mrmouse1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2020 at 9:01am

If anything, President Trump has proven the existence of a Deep State in my humble opinion. Name me another US President that has had to endure the daily attacks form the Democratic Party, the media, Hollywood, Silicone Valley, professional athletes, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and the legions of citizens suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome with such a coordinated effort. President Trump could come out today, and declare a cure for cancer, and he'd probably be attacked for negatively effecting Big Pharma's bottom line!

I fancy myself as a political atheist, so please don't interpret me as being a blind follower of President Trump because of my comment above. I had an equal disdain for Obama as I did for George W. Bush. 

csoehl View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csoehl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2020 at 9:02pm

Fort Jackson here in Columbia, SC closed access by retirees and beneficiaries on Monday.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic