Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forum > Political Discussion > Politics - Political Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

US situation/civil unrest

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: US situation/civil unrest
    Posted: June 07 2020 at 4:07pm

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/philadelphia-police-inspector-charged-for-alleged-attack-on-protester/2421855/

Cell phone video captured Inspector Bologna using an ASP (a collapsible metal police baton) to strike the Temple University student in the back of his head while he was participating in a mass demonstration against racism and injustice in the area of the Benjamin Franklin Parkway," District Attorney Larry Krasner said in a statement. "The Temple student suffered serious bodily injury, including a large head wound that required treatment in a hospital while under arrest, including approximately 10 staples

Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2020 at 6:46pm

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/investigations/2020/06/05/riot-forces-at-white-house-include-tactical-teams-wearing-insignia-from-texas-federal-prisons/

Riot forces at White House include tactical teams wearing insignia from Texas federal prisons

Previously unidentified officers wore shirts with insignia from at least two federal prisons in Texas, one of which includes active coronavirus infections.

Excerpt...

Deitch expressed concerns that correctional officers may be pulled from virus hotbeds that are already chronically understaffed, and said these tactical officers could worsen tensions at protests. The teams responded to multiple federal prison breaks in the past and were also dispatched to Los Angeles in 1992 during the Rodney King riots, according to a 2013 story in Special Ops Magazine.

“These are the folks who are sent in to do cell extractions in prisons. They handle riots. They do shows of force to break up fights,” Deitch said. “They are the strong arms of the prison system. That’s not what’s needed with these protests.

Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2020 at 5:56pm

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/local/dc/guard-helicopter-crew-dc-protests-grounded-investigation/65-0bc7edea-6270-4d2f-8b8d-fef527efc03a
Guard crew that flew helicopter low over DCprotests grounded pending investigation, DOD says

WASHINGTON — The Department of Defense says it has grounded the National Guard helicopter crew that hovered low over a crowd of protesters in D.C.'s Lafayette Square Monday night, pending the results of an investigation.

Secretary of the Army Ryan McCarthy said during a press gaggle Friday that the crew was grounded pending the results of 15-6 investigation. A Pentagon spokesman told WUSA9 this is standard procedure any time there is a line-of-duty investigation.

Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2020 at 5:21pm
KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2020 at 3:22pm

Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

Can we also please drop the personal attacks on AI.  Dissagree with his position all you want folks - I sure do, but don't call him names.

Don't forget it's a two way street here. He's got to stop too.

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2020 at 3:20pm

This is really wierd!  I am flummoxed.  I don't know why this remained up after moving and as the two threads are linked I do not dare delete the one in the wrong forum.  I tried hiding the wrong one    - --- -   and the one in politics dissapeared as well.

That is really wierd because on my pc, it's been in political posts for 2 days now. I haven't seen it anywhere else. In fact I had to hunt it out.

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2020 at 2:44pm

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/05/defying-mayor-trump-threatens-to-deploy-more-federal-forces-to-dc-303588

WHITE HOUSE

Defying mayor, Trump threatens to deploy more federal forces to D.C.

Washington Mayor Muriel Bowser has requested Trump “withdraw all extraordinary federal law enforcement and military presence” from the city.

President Donald Trump on Friday threatened to order additional federal forces into the nation’s capital if Washington Mayor Muriel Bowser mistreated National Guard troops who had been deployed in the District to quell protests in recent days. “If she doesn’t treat these men and women well, then we’ll bring in a different group of men and women!” he added.

It is unclear which officers or troops Trump was referring to Friday when he tweeted about a “different group of men and women.” Law enforcement efforts in the District have become complicated this week, as Trump has injected various federal forces into the city to stamp out protests.

https://mavenroundtable.io/theintellectualist/news/watch-near-the-wh-busses-are-offloading-troops- Troops being off loaded near WH this evening.
I GUESS HE IS MAKING GOOD ON HIS THREAT TO THE MAYOR

Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2020 at 2:30pm

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2020/06/05/57-buffalo-police-resign-from-riot-unit-in-protest-of-officers-suspension/#4b9e6e6f473e

TOPLINE All 57 members of the Buffalo Police Department's Emergency Response Team resigned Friday from the unit in an apparent show of support for two officers who were suspended without pay after being filmed pushing a 75-year-old man to the ground Thursday night.

The Emergency Response Team members have not quit the police department, but have stepped down from the tactical unit, according to The Buffalo News sources. According to Buffalo Police Benevolent Association President John Evans, the two suspended officers were merely following directives and that the 75-year-old man slipped. "Our position is these officers were simply following orders from Deputy Police Commissioner Joseph Gramaglia to clear the square," said Evans. "It doesn't specify clear the square of men, 50 and under or 15 to 40. They were simply doing their job. I don't know how much contact was made. He did slip in my estimation. He fell backwards." As of late Friday afternoon, the top message on the Buffalo's police union webpage read: "These guys did nothing but do what they were ordered to do. This is disgusting ”

Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2020 at 11:33am

https://www.washingtonian.com/2020/06/04/video-captures-alleged-bethesda-assault-on-kids-putting-up-anti-racism-flyers/

On June 1, an unidentified bicyclist on the Capital Crescent Trail allegedly assaulted a group of people, including several kids, who say they were putting up flyers in support of the anti-police-brutality protests, according to NBC Washington. Now a video of the incident has emerged, which you can watch below.

Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2020 at 10:59am

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/06/vigilante-mob-traps-multi-racial-family-in-campground-after-accusing-them-of-being-antifa/

Police in Clallam County, Washington, are investigating an incident where a family of four was falsely accused of being members of antifa by people at a campsite they were staying at, the Peninsula Daily News reports.

The family, who is multi-racial, were trapped in the campground after someone cut down trees and placed them across the roadway, preventing their exit from the area.

After the family arrived at the campground, they went shopping for camping supplies and confronted “by seven or eight carloads of people in the grocery store parking lot,” according to Sgt. Ed Anderson of the Clallam County Sheriff’s Department.

The family told police that at least four vehicles began to follow, some of which contained people carrying assault rifles. When they arrived back at their campsite, they heard gunshots in the distance and decided to leave.

That’s when they saw their exit was blocked by the trees.

Thankfully, a group of high school students used chainsaws to clear the roadway

Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2020 at 9:11am

If at first you don't succeed, try and try again!  

I managed to remove the rest by moving the whole thread a second time.  This time it all went.  Phew!

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2020 at 9:06am

This is really wierd!  I am flummoxed.  I don't know why this remained up after moving and as the two threads are linked I do not dare delete the one in the wrong forum.  I tried hiding the wrong one    - --- -   and the one in politics dissapeared as well.

Hazelpad View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hazelpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2020 at 7:47am

Technophobe,

Thank you for your reply.

It is not the  "latest posts " section I am talking about.

If you go on this site under the section 

Main Forum

you are given 2 choices

General Discussion and Latest News.  

The Latest news still has this thread at the top.

That why it's the first thread new people to the forum will read.

If you also then go to sub forum under politics   this thread also features there.

Normally threada moved to PP dont also still appear on main forum.  

I think some people participating in this topic are thinking they are only posting in the sub forum.

For example .take one of  Carbon's post when she/he clearly thinks the thread has been moved ....she/ he says  "right now this is in PP...let me say...

.and he says his emotional piece.

So let people talk but it is a very heated debate and I think for everyones sake it should be moved off from main forum. It will give emotional posters some privacy and protection.

As I said started as a fantastic post which gave a lot of us non US members insight and better understanding, just it became emotionally charged and difficult to understand and follow.  Then the personal attacks.

I understand some people say the solution is to not read and just post.  I dont treat the forum that way.  I thought of it as a community of preppers. As soon as the pandemic actually happened so many have disappeared and others are just shouting at each other.  

Anyway I have said enough. 

Please people take care of yourselves. 

Hz x 

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2020 at 4:48am

Hazelpad, I appologise.  Moderating is hard and I am only human.  So, sorry!

I did move this into politics days ago.  I can't help it coming up in "New posts".  But it is in politics already.

Can we also please drop the personal attacks on AI.  Dissagree with his position all you want folks - I sure do, but don't call him names.

EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2020 at 3:40am

The BBC report states

Quote The man was taken away in an ambulance and was later found to have suffered a severe head injury.

BTW the man was 75 years old and white - so the brutality is more than just racism.    

ps. the Police also lied about what happened, until a video of the incident surfaced.

Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2020 at 3:22am

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/05/buffalo-police-officers-suspended-for-pushing-75-year-old-to-ground-during-protests

Two police officers in Buffalo, New York, have been suspended without pay after a video showed them pushing a 75-year-old man to the ground, as protests over the police killing of George Floyd continued into their 10th night.

Footage taken by a reporter from a local public radio station and posted online showed the unidentified man approaching a line of officers in riot gear. One officer pushes him with a baton and a second one with his hand. The advancing police line halts when a loud crack is heard as his head hits the pavement, and blood could be seen trickling from the man’s head.

Newbie1A View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newbie1A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 9:36pm

Originally posted by Hazelpad Hazelpad wrote:

This thread is an embarrassment.  A hostile circus.Why do you insist on keeping it in both the main forum under " latest news" and under politics.  You announced days ago you were moving it but that hasn't happened and it remains top of the news everyday.

Good thread that turned into a total embarrasment.   Can't believe I recommended this forum to some of my workmates.  Now I am embarrassed.

AMEN! 

* is everything in between (as written), I haven't been on here much.  See something of interest - post it and leave... this type of thread is why...

If it's to be - it's up to me!
KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 8:01pm

Hazelpad, this thread does come up in the political posts on my computer. 

I agree with you about a good post gone bad. The way I see it (on this particular thread and a few others) is that AI is a new member who joined in Jan 2020 and he, for some unknown reason, takes every single thing said about Trump or America as a personal sleight. The result is he quotes someone's post and rips into them personally and is rude and aggressive as he does so. Now we all have two choices, we can let him get away with his unpleasantness or we can say something back. I choose the latter because I believe he is using bullying tactics to try and silence people - and he's succeeding. He is using personal attacks to try and shut up anyone who isn't saying 1. I love America and 2. Trump is great.

Personally I don't think he shouldn't be on this site, I'm sure there are better ones out there more suited to men like him, and I think this site was nicer before he deigned to grace us with his presence. 

If we choose to ignore his comments, they still exist and they still look bad and if I were a visitor to this site and saw them, I'd back right off and go somewhere else. He's trying to turn the site into some sort of American Appreciation Society. What most of us are here for is good discussion and that has all but ceased because every thread gets hijacked by him. He's almost a troll.

I would like to see all the mud slinging stop but I really can't see that happening.

KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 7:36pm

Pixie, we were watching this weird chopper activity on a live stream and it almost looked as if they were trying to blow the protestors over and out of the way, like a giant leaf blower. I'm sure there must be health and safety regulations about using a chopper like this in a crowded area. It appears that Trump is panicking and doesn't know what to do next. 

We saw coverage of a demonstration where 60 police officers took a knee and diffused the tension entirely and the protest remained peaceful, and then at the other extreme we've seen peaceful protestors being met with aggression and being needlessly attacked by the police and then the tension has ramped up and the whole protest as become violent.  

There seems to be no cohesive central government in charge, it's just individual police "states" deciding how they are going to address these protests, and some are more successful than others.

Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 6:32pm

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/33802/military-helicopters-descend-on-washington-in-bizarre-very-low-altitude-show-of-force

Some of the helicopters have held a hover right over groups of people, hitting them with their rotor wash and the deafening sound of their rotors and engines. This comes after President Donald Trump announced he had ordered hardline measures against protesters and rioters in the nation's capital, including the deployment of additional national guardsmen, federal troops, and federal law enforcement officers.

It also seems bizarrely dangerous. If something were to have happened to the helicopter, it could have quickly fallen into the crowd, offering them little chance to get out of the way. The risk of rotor wash sending debris flying either into the helicopter or toward people on the ground is another risk from this kind of flight profile, especially in a dense urban environment. There is no surveillance value added by hovering at that low of an altitude, quite the contrary actually.

While some of the UH-60s may be from the 12th Aviation Battalion, Doug Davies, who also goes by the Twitter handle @Dougilis, spotted a Black Hawk flying around D.C. just as the curfew took hold that appears, by every indication, to be one that belongs to the FBI's elite Hostage Rescue Team (HRT)

He was kind enough to share some pictures of it that he took, seen below, with us. This raises the possibility that at least some of the UH-60s involved in these show of force missions may belong to the FBI.

As you can see, the UH-60 in question has fully equipped operators, replete with suppressed carbines, hanging out of their doors, some of which have four-tube night vision goggles mounted on their helmets. HRT is America's most elite special tactics unit. 

https3A2F2Fs3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com2Fthe-drive-cms-content-staging2Fmessage-editor252F1591068326825-uh-60-2.jpeg

Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 6:15pm

https://www.inquirer.com/news/fishtown-george-floyd-protests-philadelphia-bats-hammers-20200602.html

Philly police stood by as men with baseball bats ‘protected’ Fishtown. Some residents were assaulted and threatened.

City officials Tuesday pledged to crack down on what they called simmering vigilantism after as many as 100 men armed with baseball bats and hammers roamed the Fishtown section for hours Monday night, saying they were protecting police and local businesses from protesters.

At least two people said they were assaulted by members of the group, including a reporter who tweeted that he was beaten and bloodied after filming the scene. Others said they were screamed at, spit on, or threatened with racist or homophobic slurs. Photos circulated of police officers taking photos with the bat-wielding men on the streets more than two hours after the citywide 6 p.m. curfew.

Mayor Jim Kenney on Tuesday criticized how police handled the group, saying: “We tolerated it last night for too long, and that was a mistake.”

The mayor said the group’s actions were “antagonistic” and the city doesn’t condone “armed vigilantism.” He said he was “disturbed” by reports of officers high-fiving members of the group, and Police Commissioner Danielle Outlaw said the force does not condone “any form of vigilante justice or taking the law into one’s own hands.”

The group began congregating about 5 p.m. as rumors circulated that protesters might target the 26th District station. By the curfew, dozens of people — almost entirely men — had gathered, some chatting with officers. Many had baseball bats. Some had hammers, golf clubs, and pipes.

By about 6:30, Police Capt. William Fisher said, “Thanks for your help, you got to go home.” A small group of protesters assembled on the other side of the avenue. One woman held a sign reading “Black Lives Matter” when two men broke off from the group and shouted “All Lives Matter.”

She said one of the men spat on her, telling her that he “has COVID.” The woman spoke with The Inquirer on the condition of anonymity out of fear of retaliation.

“The fact that these guys felt emboldened to go after us like that, in front of the whole neighborhood and in front of cops, I worry what they would do to someone who is more vulnerable when no one is looking," she said.

After the exchange, a reporter watched Fisher discuss the incident with the protesters. He repeatedly told the woman who was spit on that the men were "allowed to be out here with bats.

Scott Hearn said he walked by the crowd when a truck pulled up and a man got out with a hatchet. Hearn said he yelled: “This guy has an ax!” A video posted to social media by a WHYY reporter who was later assaulted shows the man then yelling to Hearn: “Mind your own f—ing business, you’re lucky I ain’t got my f—ing gun.”

Hearn said he asked an officer, “Are you going to do anything about this? He has a weapon." He said the officer told him to “stop escalating the situation.” The man with the hatchet walked back into the crowd..

AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 5:41pm

Originally posted by WitchMisspelled WitchMisspelled wrote:

Originally posted by AI AI wrote:

Funny thing is I never mention politics or very very rarely do so. It's you types that do so constantly grabbing on to anything you think might be of political advantage.

Bingo.. right there.  This is why I say you hide behind facts.  In this very conversation, you posted an op-ed piece with cherry picked facts from 2015.  And then an FBI stats chart from 2016, that didn't show anything but crime states and shootings of black and brown.

You do this all the time AI.  You hide behind your "facts" so you can deny being political.  

Relax, dude. People here are not the enemy. But they're not fools either.

Really maybe take a harder look at the data you'll see it covers every race. Oh your talking about the article not the FBI stats I linked to perhaps. Well I posted the article in it's entirety so I couldn't be accused of cherry picking and if I remember you called it spam. LOL wow. I posted the link to Techno regarding the FBI crime stats and like I said it covers every race. 

The other one I have no idea perhaps post the link and yes I generally do post a link as a rule if I am citing information. And no I am not hiding behind any facts. If I have something to say I say it. I would think that's obvious.

WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 5:38pm

Originally posted by KiwiMum KiwiMum wrote:

Oh and I don't mind being called Shrill. It's a weak man's knee jerk insult to an intelligent woman who has an opinion and isn't frightened to voice it. 

I think I'm a little older than you, being a boomer myself.  I can tell you that in my generation, there are very few men who can handle an intelligent woman.  Even fewer who appreciate a woman smarter than they are.  

I don't know what AI's generational demographic is, but I'm not necessarily convinced he's a boomer. I could be wrong. I was the youngest of four very lively and intelligent children... I got REALLY good at being wrong.   

Hazelpad View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hazelpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 5:38pm

This thread is an embarrassment.  A hostile circus.Why do you insist on keeping it in both the main forum under " latest news" and under politics.  You announced days ago you were moving it but that hasn't happened and it remains top of the news everyday.

It is the first thing that anyone sees when they come on here. Imagine visiting this  forum for the first time and this is what you are hit with under "latest news" section.  What has this to do with pandemic and prepping.  If I came here and had read all this back in 2009 I wouldn't have wasted my time. 

Why this can't be moved to political section is beyond me. 

In addition  a moderator should have protected some of the posters who have clearly become over emotional  and posted some very personal experiences and opinions in the hope of wining some points recently.

Once calm I am sure some people must  squirm that they have realise how much they have  revealed about themselves and their experiences on an international forum.  If threads like this had been moved to a less instantly accessable part of the forum (political) some posters could have been protected more.

I know I won't  ever feel comfortable conversing with quite a few of the people on this forum now,   after seeing what they are really like. If it had been moved to political I wouldn't have read any of it. 

Technophobe you also seem to be encouraging this.  I know you say you put your moderator hat on and then off and then on again, often within the same post,  that's just silly.  Honestly you are too caught up in all this. I know you aren't meaning it, but when you are saying I am moderator and here's my opinion and now I am non moderator 2 lines later, it comes across as though you are blurring the boundaries.    You are one of the main participants and of course you are entitled to your say but this has turned nasty on all sides.

Quote in one line you say

Technophobe the mod says:  "Careful KiwiMom, that too was a bit personal."

In the very next line you say...

Technophobe the me says:  "Well said!"

So imagine I come on this forum looking  to see what it's about possibly thinking of joining.  Go to "latest news"click on first story and all I read is  screeds of  hostility, oh but here is the moderator right in the midst of it  telling someone to stop insulting someone else but 2 lines later she is praising the same person for saying it.  Doesnt look very great does it.  Seems  you are abusing your position to wind someone up.  So we are reading these comments from you in the "latest news". Please tell me what they are to do with latest news on the pandemic. 

You are not helping to diffuse anything. 

Good thread that turned into a total embarrasment.   Can't believe I recommended this forum to some of my workmates.  Now I am embarrassed.

AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 5:25pm

You are still being personally rude AI.  

Well being the weak sad little man that I am I guess I can only try harder to do better right. LOL

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 5:24pm

Funny thing is I never mention politics or very very rarely do so. It's you types that do so constantly grabbing on to anything you think might be of political advantage.

Bingo.. right there.  This is why I say you hide behind facts.  In this very conversation, you posted an op-ed piece with cherry picked facts from 2015.  And then an FBI stats chart from 2016, that didn't show anything but crime states and shootings of black and brown.

You do this all the time AI.  You hide behind your "facts" so you can deny being political.  

Relax, dude. People here are not the enemy. But they're not fools either. 

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 5:17pm

[QUOTE=WitchMisspelled]

[QUOTE=WitchMisspelled]

[QUOTE=AI]

Well I find it funny you stated once something along the lines of your pet peeve was inaccurate information. Everything I post as fact is verifiable not an opinion and I generally post links to validate those facts most of which are of historical or legal. Fact checking something that should be done if you are going to use those facts in a opinion or argument. If you think any fact I use is in question by all means call it out and let's assure accuracy in information and discuss the validity of that fact. And if a fact is used to support an opinion and that opinion is based on it or is a stand alone statement of fact you can bet I'll fact check it for accuracy if it has any political slant to it in any direction. Can't have inaccurate information now can we.  

No.  My pet peeve is fake and misleading news. What I've seen you post can certainly be validated except that the cherry picked facts are misleading.  

The difference between you and me is, I admit when I was wrong or inaccurate and make that adjustment. You on the other hand you continue to soldier on with bushels of cherries in op-ed pieces you rarely if ever post links that the rest of us can check to determine if that op-ed piece comes from a credible source.

Like I said.  Relax, dude.  People here are not the enemy you need to one up.  

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 4:53pm

You are still being personally rude AI.  

AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 4:53pm

[QUOTE=AI]

No just the over opinionated ones that state opinion as fact, without the benefit of actual facts . 

Considering the Op Ed pieces replete with Cherry Picked facts you post, I find this truly laughable. Dare I say it?  I dare!  I dare!  Hypocritical of you.

Part of your problem, AI, is people here who have critical thinking skills have figured out three things about you.  1. You LOVE to play devil's advocate.  2. You hide behind your "facts".  3.  You get really nasty when you fail to change the dialogue to your liking.

Relax, dude.  Look at it this way:  Just as everyone has an a$$holes, everyone has an opinion.  But you're not going to change their opinion with cherry picked facts skewed in a way they're just too smart to swallow. 

I find it interesting (and very revealing of who you are) that those you attack and call "over opinionated" are the very same people who don't swallow.  

Well said Witchy. I think there's a number 4 as well: that AI uses insults as a distraction tool to change the subject matter away from discussing racism in America or anything that in any way detracts from the movie image of America as the leader of the world, or the president as anything other than the leader of the free world. But let's face it, Trump is the polar opposite of any of the presidents that we've seen on disaster movies played as reliable, sober, balanced statesmen by actors such as Morgan Freeman.

Funny, sad, little man. And I meant boomer in terms of Ok Boomer.

Funny thing is I never mention politics or very very rarely do so. It's you types that do so constantly grabbing on to anything you think might be of political advantage. And if you think racism isn't a problem worldwide or in your country as well you are blind and yet again ill informed. But you'd rather use racism as a political tool instead of dealing with it as a people problem regardless of political party. Political parties come and go, fundamental changes to behaviors do not. 

And your above post proves my point perfectly, you didn't mention the problem of racism once, just politics. And by the way you do know TV and the movies aren't real right.

AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 4:41pm

Oh and I don't mind being called Shrill. It's a weak man's knee jerk insult to an intelligent woman who has an opinion and isn't frightened to voice it. You're a sad little man AI.

Well I look forward to fact checking you and your intelligence. But still waiting for that to become apparent. 

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 4:18pm

I think I'm developing a split personality.............

Technophobe the mod says:  "Careful KiwiMom, that too was a bit personal."

Technophobe the me says:  "Well said!"

KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 2:39pm

Oh and I don't mind being called Shrill. It's a weak man's knee jerk insult to an intelligent woman who has an opinion and isn't frightened to voice it. You're a sad little man AI.

KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 2:24pm

[QUOTE=AI]

No just the over opinionated ones that state opinion as fact, without the benefit of actual facts . 

Considering the Op Ed pieces replete with Cherry Picked facts you post, I find this truly laughable. Dare I say it?  I dare!  I dare!  Hypocritical of you.

Part of your problem, AI, is people here who have critical thinking skills have figured out three things about you.  1. You LOVE to play devil's advocate.  2. You hide behind your "facts".  3.  You get really nasty when you fail to change the dialogue to your liking.

Relax, dude.  Look at it this way:  Just as everyone has an a$$holes, everyone has an opinion.  But you're not going to change their opinion with cherry picked facts skewed in a way they're just too smart to swallow. 

I find it interesting (and very revealing of who you are) that those you attack and call "over opinionated" are the very same people who don't swallow.  

Well said Witchy. I think there's a number 4 as well: that AI uses insults as a distraction tool to change the subject matter away from discussing racism in America or anything that in any way detracts from the movie image of America as the leader of the world, or the president as anything other than the leader of the free world. But let's face it, Trump is the polar opposite of any of the presidents that we've seen on disaster movies played as reliable, sober, balanced statesmen by actors such as Morgan Freeman.

Funny, sad, little man. And I meant boomer in terms of Ok Boomer.

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 1:46pm

It is restored.  Thank you.

Well I find it funny you stated once something along the lines of your pet peeve was inaccurate information. Everything I post as fact is verifiable not an opinion and I generally post links to validate those facts most of which are of historical or legal. Fact checking something that should be done if you are going to use those facts in a opinion or argument. If you think any fact I use is in question by all means call it out and let's assure accuracy in information and discuss the validity of that fact. And if a fact is used to support an opinion and that opinion is based on it or is a stand alone statement of fact you can bet I'll fact check it for accuracy if it has any political slant to it in any direction. Can't have inaccurate information now can we.
No we can't.  And you do post facts.  The FBI statistics for instance.

But published statistics can be cherry-picked and are only as accurate as their collectors, collators and interpreters.  They also ignore underlying drives which also affect figures.

ALL OF WHICH misses the REAL point;  Irrespective of numbers, some police action is abhorrent and only dealt with because public opinion insists upon it and has irrefutable proof.   This was apparently not Chauvun's first transgression, but it was the first prossecuted and the first to have been filmed.  What a strange coincidance!  The other officers at the scene also stood back and did nothing (except prevent rescue) while an unarmed man, who was already handcuffed and no threat to anyone, was brutally murdered.  This does not say anything positive about justice in Maryland.  

Yes, the police may have 'good' reason to have become racists, but that is still unacceptable whatever their reasons. It breeds more problems too.  I am Irish.  I am not a member of the IRA, the Real IRA, Continuity IRA, or any other terrorist group.  It would be wrong to assume I am, just because I'm Irish.  

As far as the gollywogs go,  it IS insulting, so is calling me thick mick or selling leprecauns, but a whole lot better than murdering me in the street.

Finally,  speaking as a moderator once more:  "Dont call anyone a shrill, whomsoever it is aimed at."

AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 11:22am

Originally posted by carbon20 carbon20 wrote:

Trouble is how much can a peanut brain hold.....

Not ALOT........

Carbon, be polite!  That was a bit too personal.  You can attack a person's opionion, but not themselves.

AI swearing is not permitted.  Please moderate your language.  If you do not, I, or one of my colleagues, will moderate it for you.  That post you made with the swearing in is hidden.  We are not an over 18 site.  You also are getting too personal.  You are allowed to disagree with Witchy, but not to call her names.  Putting it more simply: "Play nice!"

That was Technophobe the Moderator speaking.  Now for Technophobe the member of AFT - with her own opinions.

AI, there is a difference between art and science and how they adapt over time.  Both build upon the past, and rightly venerate it.  But only the expressions of art remain timeless.  (I love Bach even though I also love Lou Reed and I'm growing very fond of Ed Sheeran too.  My taste encompases several ages.  I am pleased to report I do not believe in phlogiston, "the brain is a waste disposal organ*" or a flat Earth.  As science grows the axiomatic errors are removed.)  So, demographic statistics change over time.  The hidden post contained out of date demographics too.  As I said, all these countries are racist, but they recognise the problems and are dealing (sometimes badly it's true) with them.  America is in the previous state of denial - IMHO.

* Aristotle.

First my apologizes for the lapse regarding the language. That aspect of the post has been changed. In regards to the other are people who throw rocks really surprised when one is thrown back?

I fail to see where an article from 2018 regarding systemic racism condoned and actually voted on by the Australian Senate is anywhere related to "a change in demographic's".

Likewise I fail to see where an article from 2015/16 where racist dolls were sold en mass to the public in Australia is anywhere related to "a change in demograpics". 

Both are highly relevant to the conversation of racism in Australia and racism in general.

Is it your contention that the "demographics" have changed so much in 2 and 5 years respectively that the information relating to systematic and widespread racism in Australian government and public as purveyed by the accurate information as presented is without merit? That's quite recent history and as such has direct bearing on the conversation of racism at hand. You post a racist song from 1954 and that is acceptable even though the demographic and society has changed drastically in 66 years!!! Talk about changing demographics.  

So I removed the foul language there is no reason not to restore the post and the information contained therein. 

AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 10:02am

[QUOTE=AI]

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 6:01am

Not ALOT........

Carbon, be polite!  That was a bit too personal.  You can attack a person's opionion, but not themselves.

AI swearing is not permitted.  Please moderate your language.  If you do not, I, or one of my colleagues, will moderate it for you.  That post you made with the swearing in is hidden.  We are not an over 18 site.  You also are getting too personal.  You are allowed to disagree with Witchy, but not to call her names.  Putting it more simply: "Play nice!"

That was Technophobe the Moderator speaking.  Now for Technophobe the member of AFT - with her own opinions.

AI, there is a difference between art and science and how they adapt over time.  Both build upon the past, and rightly venerate it.  But only the expressions of art remain timeless.  (I love Bach even though I also love Lou Reed and I'm growing very fond of Ed Sheeran too.  My taste encompases several ages.  I am pleased to report I do not believe in phlogiston, "the brain is a waste disposal organ*" or a flat Earth.  As science grows the axiomatic errors are removed.)  So, demographic statistics change over time.  The hidden post contained out of date demographics too.  As I said, all these countries are racist, but they recognise the problems and are dealing (sometimes badly it's true) with them.  America is in the previous state of denial - IMHO.

* Aristotle.

I think you need to call out AI for calling KiwiMum a shrill.  It was uncalled for.  

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 5:59am

[QUOTE=AI]

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 5:55am

Oops!  See my next post.  

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 2:47am

Not ALOT........

* Aristotle.

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 12:17am

ITS your sick country the WHOLE WORLD IS DISGUSTED AT.....

NOT MINE 

Please don't swear.....

YOU LOSE when do.....

I NEVER READ YOUR POSTS.....

Only the last bit of dribble that comes forth.....

Have you got a passport ?

To get out of HICKSVILLE......LMAO

you really have a SMALL TOWN ATTITUDE......

SAD LITTLE BOY....

NO WONDER YOU LOVE CHUMP

CLOWNS LOVE CLOWNS......

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2020 at 10:52pm

Well Chump is a Clown......with a Bible!!!!!

AI....

When we have problems like you have in your country then you might be able to say something, 

We have problems here, yes but its nowhere near your Stuffed up country ,

The Native people here gave a perfect right to complain about the treatment they get off our cops...

BUT ITS NOWHERE

Americas level of

injustice......

To their Black citizens.....

Your a Sick country....America

But you can't see it.....

You need to get out of Hicksville and travel.....

I bet you don't have a passport......

You seem a bit insular.....

Go to a country where you are the only white man In  a store.....

See what you think then,

go trekking in Nepal, visit  Sri Lanka visit Africa......

Wander the World it might broaden your mind......

Not ALOT........

Maybe read the articles (or have someone read them to you) that's not what the aboriginal and minorities say, but of course you can't believe it or acknowledge it. Sounds like they do complain but it's right into deaf racist ears, 432 aboriginal peoples deaths while in custody, just a coincidence right, ZERO OFFICERS CHARGED, NOTHING DONE!!!!

FFS you can't even see the pervasive racism in your government . And this was in 2018!!!!!

The Australian Senate has narrowly voted down a motion condemning “anti-white racism”, despite government senators voting for the controversial statement echoing alt-right rhetoric.

On Monday the Senate voted 31 to 28 to reject a motion put by Pauline Hanson – the leader of the anti-immigrant nativist One Nation party – which acknowledged the “deplorable rise of anti-white racism and attacks on Western civilisation” and “it is OK to be white”.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/oct/15/ok-to-be-white-australian-government-senators-condemn-anti-white-racism

That is an extremely racist and demeaning store display.  That would not stand in the US at least not for the last 30 or 40 years or more. This was 2016 in Australia and they were selling out as fast as they could get them. 

'Racist' Golliwog dolls flying off shelves of Australian ...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3371284/Racist-Golliwog-dolls-flying-shelves...
EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2020 at 10:37pm

I noticed that is was a CLOSED Bible.  

It would be best to remain closed, or he might just happen on the part where the whole 'law' is being summed up and the second of two sections is about "love your neighbour as your self".

Or he might come across the part where in answer to the question "who is my neighbour?" the story includes a despised foreigner as the answer.  

AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2020 at 10:23pm

There is ZERO evidence that the murder of Floyd was racially motivated, it was excessive force by a police officer that resulted in a death. If you think that excessive force by police resulting in death only happens to blacks you'r delusional and extremely uniformed. Had there been one shred of evidence that it was racially motivated then he would have been charged with a hate crime as well. He wasn't as that wasn't the case.  

I don't understand why you're taking every comment on here personally. You're seem to think it's your job to defend each and every thing about America and it's clouding your judgement over what's good or bad. Four white cops on one black man? He was essentially killed by pressure on his carotid artery. The question is would those 4 cops have reacted in the same way to a 46 year old white man? I very much doubt it. 

No one's attacking you personally AI. I hope you can see that. Surely even you can watch the video of George Floyds death and see that it was excessive. He was handcuffed and lying on his front. He was no threat to anyone. And still they killed him. Watch the video and see if you can swallow your patriotic pride and admit that an American did something wrong.

Or perhaps you agree with their actions. That's something we haven't considered yet................

I didn't take it personally I took it as a statement of yours issued as fact that was without factual basis. Perhaps you have a problem with facts. You certainly don't have a problem stating your opinion and using non factual information as a basis for your derogatory opinions of the US. I clearly stated Floyds death looked like excessive police force and I have stated before it was wrong. 

You know I don't  pretend to know much about New Zealand politics, society, the criminal system or the problems there so I don't speak to it or criticize it. But that's what you should do when you are uninformed and without actual first hand experience or knowledge on subject matter.  Perhaps your time would be best spent considering that when continually negatively commenting on the US. Something to consider............

Nice try at character assassination but it's as weak as your facts are. And who is we? Do you presume to speak for everyone?

You are a funny little man aren't you? It's not just my comments you have a little tantrum over, it's everyones. You sound like a boomer, and I bet you are one. A white one.

No just the over opinionated ones that state opinion as fact, without the benefit of actual facts . It's a shame a shrill like you can't make everyone think like you want them to, damn independent thought anyway. You'r kind of like that nosy neighbor or relative that tries to tell everyone else their opinion of what's wrong with their life, even if they are not asked for it. It's rather funny to see you always doing the new vs old dance and whinging and whining when your opinionated narrative is questioned by anyone, because you can't defend your position intelligently. Can't wait for the next time, always good for a laugh.

Why would you like to make another ageist comment? Tell me did you mean "boomer' in a derogatory or discriminatory manner? What manner did you mean it? Do you have a problem with older generations of white people? Why do you think that is you do? How long have you felt the need to degenerate based on age? 

Peaceful protesting, the right thing to do. Go world!!

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2020 at 10:14pm

Well Chump is a Clown......with a Bible!!!!!

AI....

When we have problems like you have in your country then you might be able to say something, 

We have problems here, yes but its nowhere near your Stuffed up country ,

The Native people here gave a perfect right to complain about the treatment they get off our cops...

BUT ITS NOWHERE

Americas level of

injustice......

To their Black citizens.....

Your a Sick country....America

But you can't see it.....

You need to get out of Hicksville and travel.....

I bet you don't have a passport......

You seem a bit insular.....

Go to a country where you are the only white man In  a store.....

See what you think then,

go trekking in Nepal, visit  Sri Lanka visit Africa......

Wander the World it might broaden your mind......

Not ALOT........

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic