Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Australia update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2020 at 3:11pm
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.πŸ––

Marcus Aurelius
EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2020 at 12:57am

Border closing is having an effect on population numbers.....

Originally posted by "BBC Live News" "BBC Live News" wrote:

Australia is heading towards its lowest population growth in a hundred years this year.

The rate will plunge from an average 2% growth to 0.6% due to border closures and immigration disruptions. For decades, migrants have driven Australia's population increase and related economic growth. 

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2020 at 3:19am

C19 has cost us $200billion  in supporting business and jobs....

We a wealthy country, 

I pity some other countries that were poverty stricken before this all happened,

The down  turn  in migration will be welcomed by some,

Although we a very big country ,the habital areas are getting smaller and with  climate change,things can only get worse.....

I worry what the World will be like for my grandchildren...

Soylet Green......πŸ™

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.πŸ––

Marcus Aurelius
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2020 at 6:03am

Originally posted by Penham Penham wrote:

I'm in Oklahoma, one of the state's getting worse, also one of the state's that opened early. People here aren't wearing masks, saying it takes away their rights,  blah, blah, blah, it's ridiculous. So we just keep getting worse and worse. 

Yikes!  I lived for several years in the Tulsa area and know the Okie mentality well....I can just imagine.  

Here in AZ, we have an interesting mix of liberal Democratic Northern transplants and home-grown conservatives.  AZ is transforming into a purple, perhaps eventually blue (liberal Democrat) state, which is interesting. 

However, like OK, we have our hard-core "won't wear a mask, ever!" crowd.  I get very nervous when shopping in large stores like Super Wal-Mart, since there have been armed confrontations.  NEVER confront a person not wearing a mask, just avoid them. 

Penham, I'm very fond of OK, so it hurts me to see you having so many troubles.  My wife and I sequester ourselves and work entirely from home, so we have withdrawn from the local economy - no restaurant meals, limited shopping, no socializing etc.  Be safe out there! 

CRS, DrPH
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2020 at 10:13pm

Sydney Morning Herald: 'Mr McGowan, tear down this wall': Federal Libs mount case against WA's border restrictions.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/western-australia/mr-mcgowan-tear-down-this-wall-federal-libs-mount-case-against-wa-s-border-restrictions-20200729-p55gk6.html

Marcus Aurelius
roni3470 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roni3470 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2020 at 8:10pm

Yikes...doesn't sound good Carbon.....

NOW is the Season to Know

that Everything you Do

is Sacred
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2020 at 9:55pm

Not many people here liking the Federal government at the moment,

I called the office of govener general,said when the constitution was written did they foresee a pandemic.....

Did they make provision for it..... 

Of course the answer is No....

So therefore the constitution should be amended......

Our state premier had the full backing of the people......

To keep borders shut......

You should see the letters in local paper......

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2020 at 10:09pm

POWER TO THE PEOPLE......

Sense at last from our Prime Minister

ABC News: Commonwealth withdraws from Clive Palmer border case, Prime Minister's letter to WA Premier reveals.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-02/government-removes-support-for-clive-palmers-push-to-open-border/12515948

Marcus Aurelius
nzdad View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nzdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2020 at 11:53pm

i have seen two articles online in new zealand regarding australlias plight in the last hour.

pictures show long lines,as hundreds of non-preppers dash to the supermarkets to stock-up.

i despair at the stupidity on display here.

after the first lockdown,everybody had the chance to get some supplies,lest 'another' lockdown occured later on.

this was an equal opportunity thing. everybody could have gotten a little something to put aside,.........but no.they were too proud i guess.

remember fellow preppers,these are the same people who laughed at us for years,and 'joked' to us that they would just take [from us,by force if they felt inclined ] what they needed if the brown stuff ever hit the fan.

im waiting for our media to be flooded with tales of woe and heartbreak,as the woefully unprepped face the consequences of reality.

go ahead,tell me im wrong.

prepare for the worst,hope for the best.
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2020 at 4:11pm

All I can say is there's alot of ignorant people out there......

And  there comes a time you have to look after your self first.......

Q.who are the rescuers in a catastrophy.....

A.

the survivors......

Who are the survivors ?

Preppers.....

The lucky......

Natural selection in action.....

Darwin/Wallace,Faraday,Newton,Einstine,Curie,

Many more Great Educated ladies and men 

Science,science,science

Where would we be without it......

Marcus Aurelius
KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2020 at 6:43pm

Carbon I did laugh out loud this morning when I read that Scott Morrison was aiming to emulate NZ's strict lockdown because when we did it, Australian politicians were quick to accuse us of over reacting, committing economic suicide and being hysterical. Now the proof of the pudding's in the eating and they are following our lead, albeit 6 months too late. 

But seriously, I hope it works for your guys. It's amazing how quickly the numbers escalate. Now is a great time to do it because once spring and summer really get under way, they'll be no way of keeping you Aussies indoors, and you'll all be out and about socializing again. And just think about Christmas - lockdown over the festive season would be a complete nightmare. 

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2020 at 4:42pm

Marcus Aurelius
EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2020 at 2:10am

Australia records deadliest day but fewer new infections  (19 deaths, 332 cases).    Still extremely low figures compared to Europe and the Americas.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-53718184

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2020 at 10:33pm

Daily Mail: Scott Morrison says coronavirus restrictions will drag on into 2021.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8613785/Scott-Morrison-says-coronavirus-restrictions-drag-2021.html

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2020 at 4:21pm

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2020 at 5:09pm

Just can't trust some people.....

W..ker

Marcus Aurelius
roni3470 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roni3470 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2020 at 10:21pm

In Colorado, Douglas County specifically, things are getting back to normal.  Our movie theaters are opening,  Our grocery stores are back to normal, people at beaches and parks.  We still have to wear masks thank goodness.  I hope i am wrong and that this thing fizzles out but I gotta tell you that I am worried for the fall!  People are so hung up in thinking this is political they aren't even paying attention!  

that Everything you Do

is Sacred
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2020 at 2:00am

Anyone with half brain would be worried about the fall,

and winter is coming.......

Maybe rolling in the snow will cure C19.....

Only joking......πŸ˜·πŸ˜‰

Keep safe all 

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2020 at 4:24am

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2020 at 3:25am

The Guardian: Victoria's new coronavirus cases fall to lowest rate in two months as 18 more die from Covid-19.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/aug/29/victorias-new-coronavirus-cases-fall-to-lowest-rate-in-two-months-as-18-more-die-from-covid-19

Marcus Aurelius
roni3470 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roni3470 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2020 at 1:57pm

Great news!  Seems things are getting better most places or am I nieve?

that Everything you Do

is Sacred
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2020 at 3:11pm

Let's hope so,

My family over in the east are going stir crazy but they know and see that things are improving.....

Underlockdown.......

And mask wearing......

Most !!!

Australians pull together in a crisis.......

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2020 at 4:18pm

ABC News: Victorian coronavirus restrictions could be lifted with 'ring-fencing' in hotspot areas, WHO advisor says.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-31/victoria-coronavirus-restrictions-could-be-lifted-ring-fencing/12610704

Marcus Aurelius
roni3470 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roni3470 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2020 at 12:30pm

Well my fingers are crossed for you my friend. Also keep us updated on flu as well!

that Everything you Do

is Sacred
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2020 at 3:31pm

No flu as yet, (no tourists)

nasty chesty cold doing the rounds...stay well all..πŸ˜·πŸ˜‰

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2020 at 4:46pm

ABC News: Kerry O'Brien tells Q&A Australia's political system is letting down younger generation, fears we're going down same path as US.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-09-01/kerry-obrien-compares-australia-to-trumps-america-china-q+a/12615474

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2020 at 2:58pm

ABC News: With coronavirus border restrictions, Scott Morrison is at the whim of the states — and it's worse than we thought.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-09-06/scott-morrison-national-cabinet-states-going-in-different-ways/12630656

Marcus Aurelius
roni3470 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roni3470 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2020 at 6:57pm

oh my carbon! haha.  Everything in the states is opening back up full throttle....hope it doesn't bite them in the arse!!

that Everything you Do

is Sacred
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2020 at 2:55am

Our borders remain sealed,not many people here want to open them yet,and why would we.....

Mind you it's very easy to seal our borders.....

Marcus Aurelius
BeachMama View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeachMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2020 at 2:40pm

I would really, really like to move to Australia right about now. 

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2020 at 3:33pm

Originally posted by BeachMama BeachMama wrote:

I would really, really like to move to Australia right about now. 

l

you OK?

keeping safe?

Marcus Aurelius
EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2020 at 7:17am

Not covid related but some nice news out of Australia https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-54230578

Also good news "Australia coronavirus cases 'set to be lowest in months'"  https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-54223977

Lock downs do work if applied early enough: "Mr Andrews has defended the state's strict lockdown, pointing to rising cases in Europe. "

WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2020 at 7:46am

The page of the first link you posted seems to be unavailable.

Andrews seems to have been right in what he did and it's proving out.  Just like experts said.  Imagine that!

EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2020 at 11:08am

Link corrected in previous post.  Thanks for the notification of the problem.   

Correct link: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-54230578

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2020 at 2:44pm

Marcus Aurelius
KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2020 at 7:43pm

Here in NZ we went back to level 1 at midnight last night, all of us except Auckland who have to remain at level 2 for 2 weeks. Level 1 means life as normal.

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2020 at 5:02am

The West Australian: Coronavirus crisis: Man ordered to wear ankle bracelet after WA border breach.

https://thewest.com.au/news/coronavirus/coronavirus-crisis-man-ordered-to-wear-ankle-bracelet-after-wa-border-breach-ng-b881678173z

Marcus Aurelius
EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2020 at 2:50am

G'Day.   They say that "No News is Good News".  Well we have a day with no corvonavirus news from Australia, and that is Good News.

Australia has recorded its first day of no local cases of Covid-19 in almost five months.

Zero cases were reported in the 24 hours between 20:00 on Friday and 20:00 on Saturday - the first time this has happened since 9 June.

The state of Victoria - epicentre of Australia's second wave - recorded zero cases for the second day in a row after a 112-day lockdown.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-54768038

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2020 at 2:58am

Yes it is great news,

Our state opening up tentivley  from November 12.....

Marcus Aurelius
roni3470 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roni3470 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2020 at 6:50pm

fingers crossed for you carbon!!

that Everything you Do

is Sacred
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2020 at 7:54pm

I think most people will comply with the rules, no-one wants a lock down,

Our biggest problem is returning AUSSIES still 30k overseas, who want to come back,can only take a few hundreds back every few weeks, as they have to stay in quarantine for 2 weeks under guard,not many flights and it cost big $$$$$,

We shall see how it all pans out.....

Stay safe all  πŸ˜·πŸ˜‰

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2020 at 2:03am

ABC News: Coronavirus infections double in Sydney's quarantine hotels as cases explode overseas.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-02/nsw-coronavirus-cases-in-quarantine-hotels-double/12827284

Marcus Aurelius
roni3470 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roni3470 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2020 at 7:46am

Yikes!  Is that going to stop you guys from opening or what?

that Everything you Do

is Sacred
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2020 at 1:23pm

We  here in Western Australia,are only opening up to the rest of Australia, excluding NSW,and Victoria,anyone  that comes here have  to have checks and  quarantine for 2 weeks,

International travel not allowed....only Australias wanting to come home 30k at last count,

Then it's 2 weeks under police guard in hotel at your expense($3,000approx)

So only if someone stuffs up like what happened in Melbourne, and let's covid out, but no one wants 6 /8 weeks lockdown......

(The only covid here at the moment is in returned Australians.....all in quarantine....)

Because that's the only thing that works......

As our state is opening up to the rest of Australia,(with restrictions)

We have been asked to wear masks for a while if on public transport,crowds etc.....

See what our people do? 

Will be interesting....

Take care everyone stay safe....πŸ˜·πŸ˜‰......

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2020 at 3:30pm

ABC: Victoria hits 28 days with no new coronavirus cases or deaths.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-27/victoria-coronavirus-zero-cases-28-days-elimination/12925674

Marcus Aurelius
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic