Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Covid : hunger, killing 10,000 children  a month
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Covid : hunger, killing 10,000 children a month

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Covid : hunger, killing 10,000 children a month
    Posted: July 30 2020 at 4:34pm

.......... 'And succeeding.  Thank you, Carbon!

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2020 at 4:08pm

Originally posted by jofg899 jofg899 wrote:

The only way we could have stopped the virus was a completed shutdown of the country - all borders, all travel.  SEVERE limiting of movement within the country.  And that shutdown and stopping of travel would have to still be in place.  I'm sorry but that would have completely destroyed the country. 

I'm afraid we may have already done so much damage to our economy that we may never recover (trillions in new debt.

Absolutely......

It's going to take a long time ,but will recover....

Just need dare I say 

A positive, SCIENCE based attack on Covid19.......

not mumbo jumbo........

Sudo snake oil, alien DNA.....crap......

RANT!!!RANT !!!!,RANT!!!!......

trying To be polite for the Mods.....😘😜

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
jofg899 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jofg899 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2020 at 7:16am

The only way we could have stopped the virus was a completed shutdown of the country - all borders, all travel.  SEVERE limiting of movement within the country.  And that shutdown and stopping of travel would have to still be in place.  I'm sorry but that would have completely destroyed the country. 

I'm afraid we may have already done so much damage to our economy that we may never recover (trillions in new debt. <Millions unemployed and thousands facing eviction and foreclosure. Crime, suicides, drug ODs all on the rise.)

Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2020 at 7:50am

We, us in the rich countries, are to blame in no small part.  We could and should, have locked down earlier.  We could have stopped the virus - even despite China's cover-up.  But too worried about our rich economies, we let it spread - and it did.  Now the whole world has it and our efforts are too little, too late.

There were always going to be deaths.  But we all let things escalate and there are many avoidable ones happening.

I am ashamed.

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2020 at 4:21am

I guess it will be case of damned if you do damned if you don't

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2020 at 3:21am

From above link

Quote COVID-19 and its ramifications are pushing children who already live in hunger to beyond breaking point, killing an estimated 10,000 more youngsters a month as meager farms have no way of delivering produce to markets, while villages are isolated from food and medical supplies, the United Nations has warned.      

Furthermore, more than 550,000 additional children each month are being struck by what is called wasting, which manifests in spindly limbs and distended bellies, according to the UN. 

In the call to action shared with news agency The Associated Press prior to its release, four UN bodies said that increasing malnutrition would have long-term consequences, with individual tragedies likely to turn into a generational catastrophe.

"The food security effects of the COVID crisis are going to reflect many years from now," said Francesco Branca, the World Health Organization's head of nutrition. "There is going to be a societal effect."

I would not be surprised if more people die from the indirect results of the Sar-Cov2 virus than the direct effects. Of course these will not be shown in official statistics.

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2020 at 3:03am

DW (English): Coronavirus latest: Hunger killing 10,000 children per month, says UN.

https://dw.com/p/3g0xV?maca=en-gk-volltext-newsstand-topstories-en-10709-xml-googlenews

Marcus Aurelius
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic