Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Georgia, school 9 infected,back to remote learning
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Georgia, school 9 infected,back to remote learning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Georgia, school 9 infected,back to remote learning
    Posted: August 09 2020 at 3:16pm

CNN: 9 cases of Covid-19 reported at a Georgia school seen in photo of a crowded hallway.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/09/us/north-paulding-high-school-covid-19-cases/index.html

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2020 at 4:04pm

Why don't the kids stay in class and teaches move rooms.....?

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Witchy View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Witchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2020 at 5:17pm

That's the plan here in NY.  And my niece's school in SC.  

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2020 at 5:50pm

Welcome back witchmisspelled guess it's you lol.

It's not f...ing rocket science.....

Couldn't plan a piss-up in a brewery.....

Marcus Aurelius
Witchy View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Witchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2020 at 6:07pm

It's me, Carbon.  But I do have hopes Albert can work his magic and get me my old login back!

Little House View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Little House Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2020 at 5:02am

In the early grades, having the teacher move while the kids stay in the room makes sense.  In high school, things are different.  Because the kids change classes, they can pick which classes they want.  Finding a group of 20-30 students who all want to take the same classes is difficult.  There are a lot of options in most high schools. In my high school class of over 500, I never knew another person who took the same classes that I did.  The kids in advanced math didn’t take band.  The kids in electronics didn’t take advanced English.  If we make teachers in high school move classes, we are taking A LOT of choice away from the kids.  It would turn the way we do school upside down (rather like digital learning does). 

If you know of a high school that is having teachers move, I would love to hear how they handled this problem.

ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2020 at 8:46am

Witchy, what happened?

EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2020 at 11:11am

Originally posted by ViQueen24 ViQueen24 wrote:

Witchy, what happened?

The magic of her password wore off, and she could not log on under her old name and password - She is trying to get Albert to see if he could reset it for her (to keep her old username).

Either that,  or if one would add a few spaces in her former user name we would get get the start of the sentence "Witch Miss Spelled her password".  

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2020 at 3:27pm

Originally posted by Little House Little House wrote:

In the early grades, having the teacher move while the kids stay in the room makes sense.  In high school, things are different.  Because the kids change classes, they can pick which classes they want.  Finding a group of 20-30 students who all want to take the same classes is difficult.  There are a lot of options in most high schools. In my high school class of over 500, I never knew another person who took the same classes that I did.  The kids in advanced math didn’t take band.  The kids in electronics didn’t take advanced English.  If we make teachers in high school move classes, we are taking A LOT of choice away from the kids.  It would turn the way we do school upside down (rather like digital learning does). 

If you know of a high school that is having teachers move, I would love to hear how they handled this problem.

Ah I see 

Different system here, 

And it been a while since I been at school lol

Take care all keep safe 

😷😉

Marcus Aurelius
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic