Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Covid over in 30 days

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2021 at 9:05am

Yeah, God, what did we ever do before there was a global economy?  (Eye roll).  When this thing is all over, maybe 2024, if we're lucky and the mutations don't recombine, then talk to me.

I'm not a big believer in betting on luck.

If we were so concerned about some of these countries who were hanging on by a thread, we could have helped them long before this.  Instead some of us elected a president who called those countries "sh*thole", and said "America First".  And really, if the rest of the world behaved much differently, I'm not seeing it.

I am the DZ Queen, and I approve this message.
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2021 at 1:16pm

In comparison to America's generous past, Trump was rather 'in your face' with his selfishness.  

But no, no one else looks particularily good at present.   International responses have all looked like:  "Me first, s*d you!"

Yet every country where it persists is a petri-dish breeding new variants, so this is stupid as well as selfish.

Welcome to the human race - race being the operative word - winner take all.

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2021 at 12:47am

I'm starting to think the human population of earth is in a lot more trouble than we realise with the advent of a multitude of variations in covid...

I can't see Australia opening up to the rest of the world without 2 weeks quarantine for years even with a vaccine....

Take care all 😷😉

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2021 at 6:20am

A relative and I were discussing the other day that Covid, as frightening as it is and as deadly as it has been has one upside.  It has uncovered and highlighted many of the world's ills.. such as disparity in food security.  

Cobber, I'm not sure those 200 million would have all survived even without lockdowns.  If you've read anything on climate change, those vulnerable people who lack food security are even more vulnerable because of climate change, more so than Covid lockdowns.  What I mean to say is that these countries with vulnerable populations are generally 3rd world countries that did not get all the help they required from 1st world food producing nations. Like the U.S.  The argument can be made that if the U.S. did not lock down that it could have provided that assistance, but the fact remains that the U.S. is experiencing droughts in its food producing regions and have been for years.  So it's safe to say that Covid highlighted the need for climate change mitigation measures.  

ME163 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ME163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2021 at 7:25am

Witchy, 

Covid has exposed a lot of injustices and fallacies of the international system and the local systems as well.  

1, why has the vaccine rollout  been so disjointed and skewed toward the rich ?  The fact is that many of the most vulnerable did not get the shot in the first phase of the plan.  Rich people got a work around.  

2. The areas that were most in need of support and vaccines did not get them and never will.  We don't care about poor people or old or disabled people.  If  I  did not have my dad's company insurance plan, I would be six feet under because his old boss stepped in and  saved my ass and did the work around.  

3.  Global food insecurity is a distribution issue.  If the local leadership feels the heat, then viola the food appears.  Famines are intentional.  Famine and food supply issues are a weapon used by the rich to destroy opposition and to dominate subjects.  As a historian and scholar, t have studied famine and why it happens I can give many examples of deliberate famine.  

4. Crisis is an opportunity to destroy community and to exploit people.  The pandemic is a perfect chance to restrict civil rights constitutional protections and strip people of property rights.  Both sides of the political spectrum are guilty of insane and unconstitutional laws, restrictions and downright power grabs.   We are going to have our rights stripped faster than a cheap stripper in  a local honky tonk strip joint takes off her clothes for a 20 dollar bill.   Civil liberties are being smashed, gun rights are bieng stripped and taxes are going to be very oppressive when this pandemic ends.  

5.  The passing of the torch.  China has been playing the long game for quite some time andi it is now the winner of the pandemic.  Trump presented the CCP with a bonanza of intel and advantage,  The west is now dead. Putin has now made the transformation from a superpower to a regional power, realizing the new power of china.  India has to play catch up  and or placate the new master of the game. 

6,  We hjave squandered our advantages and therefore are going to have massive problems in the next few years. 

ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2021 at 9:47am

Witchy, ME, I believe you are right.  Sad.  So much for the "glory days".

And Carbon, if, as I fear, a couple of the variants recombine, we are screwed.  Period.

cobber View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2021 at 7:01pm

Covid disappearing rapidly.  Why! why is it happening?

https://imag

Answer: In part its because the WHO changed their assessment protocol on the 13th of January. Its not the only reason, but its the one with the most impact. And people wonder why Trump wanted to defund the WHO. 

Approximately 80% of diagnosed cases under the old protocol were false. 

Powderpuff. 

ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2021 at 10:28am

Lips red much?  Eye roll.

cobber View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2021 at 6:06am
cobber View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2021 at 6:17am
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2021 at 1:43pm

Just proves ,

The lockdowns and people following the science  all have an affect,

Just watch the numbers rocket ,when the restrictions and lockdowns start to open......

All they doing is giving the hospital's and medical staff a respite......

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2021 at 2:51pm

Marcus Aurelius
cobber View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2021 at 7:26pm

This proves that masks work? LOL

Na, It proves Jesus does miracles. 

I love you baby Jesus.

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2021 at 7:40pm

Cobber can't you post as something constructive.....

Instead of this crap.....

Just plain showing you yourself up ,I'm sure you not really as stupid as you make out......

Take care all 😷😉

Marcus Aurelius
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2021 at 8:19pm

I call BS lol. They have  increased in my state and the deaths continue to increase daily. I get the state report sent to me daily. You can sign up on our state website to have daily updates. 

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2021 at 6:38am

Worldwide deaths are dropping - a bit.  

But you don't take of your parachute when it has slowed your descent; you wait until you are on the ground.

Well, that is what you do if you have half a brain or more; I can't speak for everyone.   

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2021 at 3:03pm

Just been watching BBC UK News ,looks like restrictions are going to be relaxed... ........

Not as slowly as the medics would like...... .......

Any bets as to we see rising cases within 2 weeks 

Take care all 😷😉

Reuters: UK PM Johnson wants 'cautious but irreversible' path out of COVID-19 lockdown.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-britain/uk-pm-johnson-wants-cautious-but-irreversible-path-out-of-covid-19-lockdown-idUSKBN2AF0GS?feedType=mktg&feedName=topNews&WT.mc_id=Partner-Google

Marcus Aurelius
roni3470 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roni3470 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2021 at 5:35pm

Tech, I love that analogy!  I am using that one tomorrow for sure!  I feel like we haven't seen the fallout from Super Bowl parties, and the holiday weekend in Jan, and now we have the Valentines holiday weekend.  Fingers crossed that they numbers are still this low in 2 weeks!

NOW is the Season to Know

that Everything you Do

is Sacred
cobber View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2021 at 10:56pm

If 80% drop in a month ain't enough for you to think something odd is going on. I don't know what will move you. Literally the 13th of January the WHO changes their assessment criteria and the numbers have plummeted ever since. 

From the WHO

New Covid-19 cases down 16 percent last week: WHO

https://au.news.yahoo.com/covid-19-cases-down-16-233021468.html

The number of new cases of Covid-19 reported worldwide fell by 16 percent last week to 2.7 million, the World Health Organization said.

The number of new deaths reported also fell 10 percent week-on-week, to 81,000, the WHO said late Tuesday in its weekly epidemiological update, using figures up to Sunday.

Five of the six WHO regions of the world reported a double-digit percentage decline in new cases, with only the Eastern Mediterranean showing a rise, of seven percent.

New case numbers dropped 20 percent last week in Africa and in the Western Pacific, 18 percent in Europe, 16 percent in the Americas and 13 percent in southeast Asia.

WHO director general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said Monday that the number of new cases had declined for a fifth consecutive week, dropping by almost half, from more than five million cases in the week of January 4.

"This shows that simple public health measures work, even in the presence of variants," Tedros said.

Did anyone tell Tedros that we have been running public health measures since April last year.  Did anyone tell him they changed their assessment criteria??

This a..hole was the one that changed it. He know full well what is going on.

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2021 at 12:42am

Cobber mate

I asked you on another thread ,why would countries,cities, schools close ,total disruption to the world economy, if all this was a powderpuff,

I would like you explain the logic behind all the closures,if as you say covid is nothing to worry about.....

Why would governments all over the world shut up ,mandate masks , implement lockdowns?

Simple question Why ? Please explain.....

I think I have a reason ,but it's a bit far out ,to far out there and very scary to even think about......

I hate being a lateral thinker........ take care all 😷😉

Marcus Aurelius
cobber View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2021 at 7:33am

I don't blame people for being fearful. I just find it sad that groups would try to exploit the virus for ill gotten gains. 

I'm convinced that the virus was exaggerated by the media, Google and Facebook. I suspect collusion to oust Trump. I expect it was also a convenient political tool for some other governments or oppositions too. I know China viciously squashed the Hong Kong Uprising during the confusion. Apparently they killed many dissidents, blamed it on Covid and promptly incinerated them.

Carbon, To answer your question:

I've read about the modern forms of Mass Hysteria. I believe this is what we are in the midst of. 

The problem with this illness is its almost impossible to convince people that they have been hysterical because other around them back up the hysteria. Hence face masks etc

Here's a PDF on the topic. Its a good read. 

https://www.mdpi.com/1660-4601/18/4/1376/pdf

If you want a chuckle. Read about other mass hysteria events. Some are weird as. 

ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2021 at 8:31am
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2021 at 12:52pm

Originally posted by cobber cobber wrote:

I don't blame people for being fearful. I just find it sad that groups would try to exploit the virus for ill gotten gains. 

I'm convinced that the virus was exaggerated by the media, Google and Facebook. I suspect collusion to oust Trump. I expect it was also a convenient political tool for some other governments or oppositions too. I know China viciously squashed the Hong Kong Uprising during the confusion. Apparently they killed many dissidents, blamed it on Covid and promptly incinerated them.

Carbon, To answer your question:

I've read about the modern forms of Mass Hysteria. I believe this is what we are in the midst of. 

The problem with this illness is its almost impossible to convince people that they have been hysterical because other around them back up the hysteria. Hence face masks etc

Here's a PDF on the topic. Its a good read. 

https://www.mdpi.com/1660-4601/18/4/1376/pdf

If you want a chuckle. Read about other mass hysteria events. Some are weird as. 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I guess they only let you out ,with your nurse.....!!!!!!!!!!

You need stronger meds......or get off the mull(weed).......

Take care all 😷😉....

Marcus Aurelius
roni3470 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roni3470 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2021 at 7:32pm

Cobber, you cray cray.....jus sayin!

that Everything you Do

is Sacred
cobber View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2021 at 5:21am

Crazy like a fox.

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/why-new-covid-cases-are-crashing

The WHO fully understood that their testing standards would produce exaggerated numbers. The medical fraternity was up in arms over it. 

This news has been suppressed

ksc View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2021 at 5:40am

I wouldn't use Zero Cred as a news source. This crazy theory has been debunked by many reputable sources. The "memo" doesn't match the headlines designed to lure in the uneducated....

1. Please read carefully the IFU in its entirety.
  2. Contact your local representative if there is any aspect of the IFU that is unclear to you.
  3. Check the IFU for each incoming consignment to detect any changes to the IFU.
  4. Consider any positive result (SARS-CoV-2 detected) or negative results (SARS-CoV-2 not detected) in combination with specimen type, clinical observations, patient history, and epidemiological information.
  5. Provide the Ct value in the report to the requesting healthcare provider.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/01/scicheck-viral-posts-distort-who-guidance-on-covid-19-tests/

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2021 at 3:16pm

Marcus Aurelius
Dutch Josh View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2021 at 9:19pm

When you read [url]file:///home/chronos/u-6a204c8e63e7def0ddbd413be1e353ce67875461/MyFiles/Downloads/Na2021_Article_AComprehensiveReviewOfSARS-CoV.pdf[/url] or file:///home/chronos/u-6a204c8e63e7def0ddbd413be1e353ce67875461/MyFiles/Downloads/Na2021_Article_AComprehensiveReviewOfSARS-CoV.pdf 

You learn Corona virusses have been a known problem in animals since 1931...this pandemic was just waiting to happen and is worse...Covid will not be over in 30 years...

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
~Albert Einstein
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2021 at 12:10pm

The Associated Press: States easing virus restrictions despite experts' warnings.

https://apnews.com/3599a9631d08de3945f5c95f000e5611

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2021 at 2:35pm

Marcus Aurelius
EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2021 at 10:34pm

As the 30 days (later changed to 60 days, from a later starting date) related to the USA this is important as it looks like it will not be over any time soon.

Quote Dr Rochelle Walensky said "recent declines in cases have levelled off at a very high number"

she also gave a warning of a potential fourth surge in US cases

Quote She said about 70,000 new cases a day were recorded last week, "a very high number".

There were nearly 2,000 deaths a day in the same period, she said.

"Please hear me clearly: At this level of cases, with variants spreading, we stand to completely lose the hard-earned ground we have gained," Dr Rochelle Walensky, director of the CDC, said on Monday. "These variants are a very real threat to our people and our progress."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56247656

EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2021 at 7:30am

Not nearly over in Brazil....Brazil's daily deaths reach all-time high 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-56264425

Tabitha111 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabitha111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2021 at 9:44am

Impact on forecast of future case level
Date: Wed 3 Mar 2021

https://www.reuters.com/article/health-coronavirus-variants/insight-when-will-it-end-how-a-changing-virus-is-reshaping-scientists-views-on-covid-19-idUSL5N2L14JR
Highlights:

Chris Murray, a University of Washington disease expert whose
projections on COVID-19 infections and deaths are closely followed
worldwide, is changing his assumptions about the course of the
pandemic.

But in the last month [February 2021], data from a vaccine trial in
South Africa showed not only that a rapidly spreading coronavirus
variant could dampen the effect of the vaccine, it could also evade
natural immunity in people who had been previously infected.
 "I
couldn't sleep" after seeing the data, Murray, , told
Reuters. "When will it end?" he asked himself, referring to the
pandemic.

But, they [scientists], say data in recent weeks on new variants from South Africa
and Brazil has undercut that optimism.

They now believe that
SARS-CoV-2 will not only remain with us as an endemic virus,
continuing to circulate in communities, but will likely cause a
significant burden of illness and death for years to come.

As a result, the scientists said, people could expect to continue to
take measures such as routine mask-wearing and avoiding crowded places
during COVID-19 surges, especially for people at high risk.

Even after
vaccination, "I still would want to wear a mask if there was a variant
out there," Dr. Anthony Fauci, chief medical advisor to US President
Joe Biden, said in an interview
. "All you need is one little flick of
a variant (sparking) another surge, and there goes your prediction"
about when life gets back to normal.

'A man who does not think and plan long ahead will find trouble right at his door.'
--Confucius

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2021 at 2:11pm

To  me this Covid 19 virus is no different than the other coronavirus we live with every year,that one is call the common cold,

I imagine when that first came amongst the human population the result was pretty much the same as what is happening with this virus,it will take years for us to develop "herd immunity" if it ever happens......

A C19  variant will keep circling the world,as long as people travel........

This is not rocket science,it's not new to the human population,it's just we as a modern society have never had to face a true pandemic,

As Jacksdad said a good while ago....."slow burn" something I never imagined......

If anything we will be having booster shots every year,

the problem is in all of this is ,

1,Countries with big populations slow to roll out vaccine,or with no vaccine available for the masses

2,the circulation of C19 in animals......

That's how I see things....... Hope I'm very wrong.....

Take care all 😷😉

Marcus Aurelius
EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2021 at 10:24pm

Carbon,  I am trying to get my head around what the "slow burn C-19" will mean... 

I guess booster shots each year is a good bet (at least it should only be one shot not two), if one is in a rich enough country.

Trade and travel will not stop (sorry Josh, the polititians won't listen to you on this), but I guess they will be at a much lower level than before the pandemic started, so we need to take holidays closer to home.  It also means that those of us with international families will be less able to travel to see them.  

However, I see elevated death rates (ie higher than a bad flu year, but maybe not as high as the rates we will hit this year) for years out.  This means lower life expectancy and in some "western" countries a faster (but still slow) rate of population decrease.   But statistics out of many populous countries (eg India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, China, nearly the whole of Africa) are so poor it is hard to see what would happen in those countries which hold a significant amount of the world's population.

Both my parents lived to 89 years old, but it is looking like I will not get to that exalted age as the risks from this virus will increase year by year.   

Babies and children are growing up without the usual socialization, so I wonder what emotional problems that will provide years down the line.  I also wonder if that will push an even greater level of isolation and what that means for society to hold together.   [These areas may take decades before the problems really start to show.]

Maybe a better title for the thread would be "Covid over in 30 years".

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2021 at 1:48am

I really don't know the upshot to all of this ,

I don't think countries that have had lockdowns, such as the UK,can survive another long lockdown,the population will go crazy..... 

the governments have let the virus run rampant instead of complete hard lockdowns aka New Zealand,means it's all to late .......

Marcus Aurelius
Usk View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2021 at 4:16am

Latest Dr Campbellvideo says reason US numbers appear to go down is testing is way down!!!

Thank you Biden!!  Before ads ran on TV all the time about where to get tested. Now they are done as well as street signs saying Covid testing done here. Interesting 

ksc View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2021 at 6:03am

Testing is down because cases are down, but it isn't proportional. The US was doing 2 million tests a day at the top of the spike. Currently they are doing 1.5 million a day.

Cases were as high as 250,000 a day during the spike, now cases are down to 50,000 a day. So testing hasn't dropped anywhere near the level that cases have dropped.

ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2021 at 8:36am

We cannot blame Biden for the Covid/testing fatigue that is manifest and ubiquitous worldwide.

roni3470 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roni3470 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2021 at 6:16pm

Now that it is 5 months after the election, and covid is still here but also having new waves overseas, I sure hope anyone that thought this was political feels somewhat different now.  

that Everything you Do

is Sacred
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2021 at 7:53pm

[QUOTE=roni3470]

Now that it is 5 months after the election, and covid is still here but also having new waves overseas, I sure hope anyone that thought this was political feels somewhat different now.  

[/QUOT

sorry Roni3470......

Don't hold your breath on that one.......

I've been watching your news , people still without masks , partying without a care in the world......

Sheer madness.....

This virus is not going anywhere fast...

Take care all 😷😉

Marcus Aurelius
Dutch Josh View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2021 at 9:51pm

With Covid19-variants now (most likely) spreading in other-non human-hosts Covid will be here to stay...just like the flu...but bringing very different, much more severe symptoms ! "The virus has won !"

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
~Albert Einstein
cobber View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2021 at 5:54am

Please don't misquote me. I said the virus is a Powderpuff. And I'm correct. It is a powderpuff. 0.03% is nothing!!!!

The over reaction to the virus has been the catastrophe. 

roni3470 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roni3470 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2021 at 9:25am

What I meant was that it IS real and for those that thought it was going to end after the election, well hopefully they see now that the virus is real.  

that Everything you Do

is Sacred
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2021 at 9:03am

I'm with Roni.

Yes, It has not killed so many, but there is more than one 'but' to that statement:

But, it is not over yet. Those plagues are.

But, those historical plagues did not have the interventions of modern medical knowledge, neither in treatment, nor quarrantine, nor distancing.

But, it is still mutating. It has lots of other coronaviruses to reassort with too.

But, it hospitalises a significant proportion of its hosts for months.

But, it has other hosts.  The only one known to share that trait is the black death.

We have vaccines, yes, but without strict controls it could rapidly get so much worse.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic