Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

login

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: login
    Posted: March 23 2006 at 10:51am
Winkfrom a moderator.to a guest,i cant log in
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 10:52am
you have to join to login, but if you are mod you already know that.

hermes View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 10:54am
join.....this is virusil aka hermes.aka .................
hermes View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 11:02am
i cant login....................................................
hermes View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 11:04am
some mods are needed it.
hermes View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 11:04am
arghhhhhhhhhh
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 11:05am
alot of members are having the same problem....
hermes View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 11:10am
wellthat mean shut up right.....kidding muskrat
hermes View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 11:11am
or maybe the forum became a select  arch of noa
hermes View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 11:14am
big mother is needed itbring me the moderator please.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 11:20am
Hermes, I'm going to delete your user.    When I re-create it, use your old username V------ as your pass to login. We need to re-create Hermes to fix it.       

hermes View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 11:22am
this is a service.............yesssssssssssssss
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 11:23am
Hermes... I had nothing to do with this.  I am just now seeing this thread.

Many of our members, including one of my very favorites is having the same issue.

Falcon has suggested that if you delete your "cookies" that this cures the issue more times than not.

See.... I'm ACTUALY trying to help you get back on ( quick, someone break out the straight jacket!)

SZ
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 11:27am
hermes - login? 

hermes View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 11:28am
thanks big mother,i tried with virusil but it is not taking the security code,
delete cookies.....how.......
explain please
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 11:30am
Do you have Internet Explorer??
hermes View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 11:32am
yes,big mother
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 11:32am
Albert set you up as Hermes.... try that login.  The password is your ORIGINAL username.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 11:33am
Or you can go up to the top tool bar on IE and choose TOOLS.  At the bottom of the dropdown is INTERNET OPTIONS.  Towards the middle of the pop up is DELETE COOKIES.  Do that and it may cure your problem according to Falcon.
Hermes View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 11:34am
big thanks big motherClap it worked.thanks albert
Hermes View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 11:38am
i did it with delete cookies,it worked and i get in as you said mother.
oknut View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oknut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 12:26pm
Thank you - the tip about deleting cookies allowed me to login again too.
The other problem I have is when I try to post.  With each character entered, the screen jumps around and blips, with text at the bottom indicating that searching is being done - any ideas of how to stop this? 
I just unchecked the Enable Forum Codes and that didn't affect the searching. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 12:42pm
Oknut... I have not seen this problem about the characters being entered.  I am using IE and have gratefully been glitch free... of course now that I have said it publicly my computer will probably blow up.
oknut View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oknut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 1:06pm
Must be something unique and strange about my setup or browser.  I'm just glad I'm able to login again.  Let's hope your public announcement doesn't lead to problems.  If I'm the only person having this strange glitch, it's not worth spending time researching.  I'll either figure it out myself eventually or live with it. 
therese View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote therese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 1:49pm
Ok, I'm glad it isn't just me.  I joined the group about two weeks ago and all of a sudden this week I can't logiin.  I called my computer guy and he showed me how to make this site a preferred site on  my computer, which I did.  That lasted about two hours.  Next time I came back to login now it says that I may be hiding my IPS or something?  I LOVE this site and I need it.  Can someone help me, my computer guy is 18 dollars PER phone call!
Therese
Hermes View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 1:57pm
the avatar upload is not working..........
fafhrd View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fafhrd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 2:11pm
therese, try to clear your cookies like vir... uh Hermes did above.  That seems to be working for most folks.
I had a little bird,
his name was Enza;
I opened the window,
and influenza.
FluReadyNow View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluReadyNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 4:27pm
Any info on avatar-changing?  I can't any longer, as of several (?) days ago.  The new window that opens up is blank (gray).  I have popup and ad blockers turned off.
The attacker must vanquish, the defender need only survive.
FluReadyNow View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluReadyNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 5:05pm
therese,

If you would like some computer assistance, for free, let me know.  I'll be glad to do it as a service to the members here.  I've been a computer professional for 20+ years.   We can use standard posts, private messages, email, standard phone, or VOIP (internet phone, Skype, Google Talk, etc).

This will be for problems with your OWN computer, not issues with this board.  I can't help with logins, or user info, etc.  But general issues with browsers, etc., that aren't restricted to use of this board, I'll do what I can to let the board tech's do their thing.
The attacker must vanquish, the defender need only survive.
geez!!! View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geez!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 5:13pm
Hey Flureadynow, I would love your help, but I can't even PM you because I cannot login.  Frustrating.  I can be emailed regularly at td0954@voyager.net.  Waiting to hear from you,

Therese
Beth View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2006 at 4:05pm

Fluready now, I echoe what geez says above.  Those of us who can't log in gcan't send or receive pms either.  And we don't have a settings option at the top of our screens as we did before the great site update.  They know what they did maybe they can backtrack thhrough it and find the step that stops us all logging in?

Your delete cookies advice does not work on my computer at home, though I found it on the popup where you said on my work computer.  Could it be that the amendments to the site make it only work for people with new computers/software?  Please see my post on the thread about the work on the site being completed. I have described the problem in detail there. 
Stardust - I also have the problem with the scroll bar.  Copy/paste into Word works too, except for articles downloaded from the net.  AND WHEN i TRY TO LOGIN i GET THE MESSAGE ABOUT SECURITY BREACH AND iPS AND STUFF LIKE THERESE DOES
THERE ARE LOTS OF US IN TROUBLE, PLEASE COULD WE GO BACK TO THE SITE AS IT WAS?  Yours desperately   Beth
duncan View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duncan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2006 at 4:58pm
Where did the General Discussion forum go to?
duncan View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duncan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by duncan duncan wrote:

Where did the General Discussion forum go to?

And what happened to the Australia forum?
Siameselade View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siameselade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 4:41pm
This is General Discussion.  To email now you click onto the person summary, there is a spot there on the right hand side.  Trouble with log in  try deleting your cookies.  I have had to do it twice now. Let us know if your still having trouble.
Siam
duncan View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duncan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by Siameselade Siameselade wrote:

This is General Discussion.

I was looking for the Off Topic General Discussion Forum. It`s gone and the threads have dissapeared.
stormriderfla View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stormriderfla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 5:15pm
can't log in can't pm fyi
fafhrd View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fafhrd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 5:51pm
Duncan, Off Topic has been removed for a variety of reasons.  You can continue to post off topic information in Members Only.  I've also just been informed that Europe and Australia rooms are being restructured and should be up in a few days time.

Storm, did you purge cookies?Confused(that didn't come out right)
I had a little bird,
his name was Enza;
I opened the window,
and influenza.
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siameselade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 5:58pm
nah he can't spell.LOL
Siam
Falcon View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 6:01pm
ok I need to know some info

what browser are you using?  which version?
operating system?
I look at the stars and wonder what it would be like to touch them.
stormriderfla View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stormriderfla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 6:37pm
UGHhh... pthew..ahemmm....ok cookies gone i thiknSmilek.

ie 6.0, windows xp. fairly new school issue lap top... everything was ok earlier. FYI I may have been killed...  earlier today...you may want to check that option too.
fafhrd View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fafhrd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 6:45pm
LOL
Storm, Albert says you require a reregister.
I had a little bird,
his name was Enza;
I opened the window,
and influenza.
Falcon View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 6:45pm
storm I checked for your username in the memberslist, I think you might want to consider reregistering, its not there anymore
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siameselade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 6:49pm
Sounds like he has the same virus I got. That'll teach him to give up a mod job.Wink
Siam
Falcon View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 6:54pm
sits down and resumes kicking Siams seat
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siameselade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 6:56pm
LOL  Are you in yet ST??
Siam
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic