Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - If covid is Fake,how we going to fix climatechange
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

If covid is Fake,how we going to fix climatechange

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: If covid is Fake,how we going to fix climatechange
    Posted: November 24 2020 at 2:21am

The Independent: Growing ‘heat blob’ from Atlantic driving sea ice loss in Arctic, study says.

https://www.independent.co.uk/environment/arctic-sea-ice-atlantic-ocean-b1760392.html

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2020 at 5:05am

What's not said is that further desalination and slowing of the Atlantic Conveyor slows all the ocean conveyors.  If the Atlantic Conveyor slows further or, heaven forbid, stops, we're all going to be screwed.

I'm torn.  It's an interesting thing to watch, but it's like I'm watching a runaway freight train and I can see the crash in the not too distant future. 

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2020 at 1:05pm

We on the same Same page there Witchy.....

At the end of the last ice age, a morane made of ice somewhere near where you live broke, sending millions of tonnes of water into the Atlantic stopping the conveyor dead,

Within a year the whole of northern hemisphere was back in an ice age.....for a long long time...

But that's science.....

I too am an watching.....only a matter of time......hope it's in my lifetime.....

Be really interesting......to live through.....as is what we going through now.....

All we need then is a big rock to send us the way of the dinosaurs......

Take care all......

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2020 at 1:14pm

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2020 at 1:39pm

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2020 at 3:28pm

Marcus Aurelius
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2020 at 6:27pm

Originally posted by carbon20 carbon20 wrote:

We on the same Same page there Witchy.....

At the end of the last ice age, a morane made of ice somewhere near where you live broke, sending millions of tonnes of water into the Atlantic stopping the conveyor dead,

Within a year the whole of northern hemisphere was back in an ice age.....for a long long time...

But that's science.....

I too am an watching.....only a matter of time......hope it's in my lifetime.....

Be really interesting......to live through.....as is what we going through now.....

Science... silly you for following science... (kidding).

So watching and waiting.  Makes us twisted little tickets, huh? Unlike you, although it would be interesting I'd rather not live through it.  

Dutch Josh View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2020 at 11:22pm

From [url]https://forum.arctic-sea-ice.net/index.php/topic,3299.850.html[/url] or https://forum.arctic-sea-ice.net/index.php/topic,3299.850.html :Well it looks like the ice is going to get a double whammy on both sides of the pack in the next week. According to the forecast on both Climate Reanalyzer and Earth nullschool the Pacific side which is already suffering a melt / push back (I'm being honest, I don't know why) will be getting sustained 50-60 km/h winds in exactly the direction it doesn't want along the Chuckchi and East Siberian Seas coast line. Sure that will push the ice back considerably.
     Then we have ther forecast on the Atlantic side for next Friday / Saturday (Yes, I know it's past four days, just) which, looking at both C.ReA and Earth Nulls conferring with each other the approach. I know things change, esp this year but it does look quite aweful hitting again where the ice is thin and only just getting itself reconsolidated after the last storm. This one looks bigger, deeper through the Fram Straight again. Can only watch tomorrow and Tuesday to see what might happen but with both forecasts having the storm come up Greenlands coast on Thurday late evening it doesn't look good.

DJ-The Arctic Ocean is becoming part of the Atlantic Ocean-in many ways-high speed. We did not fix climatechange when we had the chance-now it is simply to late...I see the present pandemic as part of the sixth mass extinction..a major war-now in the making-will only speed up that proces. "We did it"!

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
~Albert Einstein
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2020 at 11:58am

Originally posted by WitchMisspelled WitchMisspelled wrote:

What's not said is that further desalination and slowing of the Atlantic Conveyor slows all the ocean conveyors.  If the Atlantic Conveyor slows further or, heaven forbid, stops, we're all going to be screwed.

I'm torn.  It's an interesting thing to watch, but it's like I'm watching a runaway freight train and I can see the crash in the not too distant future. 

I agree, WM!  That's exactly how I feel, and I've been studying climate since my undergrad days at Univ of IL (1973-77).  

CRS, DrPH
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2020 at 2:15pm

Makes sense, Chuck.  To my knowledge scientists have been banging the gong on this since the early 70's.  Nearly 50 years later and I think it's too late.  The tipping point tipped somewhere in the late '90's early '00's.  

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2020 at 3:10pm

I remember reading in the late 70s about melting permafrost releasing more methane.....caused by our activities 

Nothing done then.....

Reap what you sow......

Only a slate wiper will save the other inhabitants of the planet from the human populations destruction of their world.....

A slate wiper is the vaccine we are the virus......,

I said to someone recently....

What would happen if all the humans disappeared from the world.......

Answer.......

It would recover.......lol

Sorry for being a realist.......

Take care all  😷😉

Marcus Aurelius
ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2020 at 9:25am

History Channel, Life After People.  Sobering.

If anyone is interested and has some time, this is some good reading on the subject:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/08/01/magazine/climate-change-losing-earth.html

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2020 at 10:10am

Thanks ViQueen.  I've bookmarked it to read later.  I don't want to spoil my appetite for Thanksgiving goodies!

ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2020 at 4:31pm

It's a long and very depressing read, Witchy.  Somewhere in our lives, we all have this moment when we saw something barreling at us like a freight train, did nothing and suffered dearly.  Then had an eternity to kick ourself in the @$$.  Like that.

morpheuskrs View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morpheuskrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2020 at 2:32am

It is sometimes refreshing to read about the 'slate wiper' idea, or is it ideal.

Climate change, global warming, call it what you want. The planet will continue to do what it does, with or without us. 

Are we a threat to the planet?....NO!

Is the planet a threat to us?......YES. Definitely!

As the ice at both polar regions, continues to melt, and the seas rise in both height and temperature, the possibilities are quite simply, Terrifying.

The methane on the sea beds will rise to the surface, and basic breathing will become a trifle difficult. There are billions, if not trillions of cubic metres of the stuff down there. When you think of coal mines. Miners used to pass out with one breath of the stuff, and if there wasn't anyone to pull you out, you died there where you fell.

Up until recently, say the last 250 years, the human race was an itch the planet could not scratch. It would appear, that more recently, we have become an itch it the planet can scratch. If we are not careful, it will scratch us so much, we will cease to exist.

And as a species.............We will deserve extinction.

Perhaps we need to, collectively, abandon our way of life, and revert back to a more simple system. Forget about globalization, trade locally, and live within our own communities. Forget holidays, fashion, conquest, even influence. That may be a little extreme, as it takes away one of our more common attributes. That is, ambition. But it would also show one of our other attributes. That is ADAPTABILITY. Sorry for shouting.

Morpheus
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2020 at 3:47am

https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/world-population-by-year/

250 years ago the population of the World was getting on for just over half a billion ,

It took a 100 years  from 1850 to 1950 to raise the population 1billion, we doing that Every 14 years now....

Talk about expodential  growth.....

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2020 at 2:12pm

BBC News - Climate change: The woman watching the ice melt from under her feet

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55108073

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2020 at 9:27pm

DW (English): UN chief Antonio Guterres: 'There's no vaccine for the planet'.

https://dw.com/p/3m796?maca=en-gk-volltext-newsstand-topstories-en-10709-xml-googlenews

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2020 at 8:32pm

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2020 at 1:00am

The Associated Press: Vast wildfires in Siberia linked to warming Arctic.

https://apnews.com/95e84c9be889a4a933c85a91a78eca64

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2020 at 2:01pm

Marcus Aurelius
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic