Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forum > Political Discussion > Politics - Political Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Australia: invasion day.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
roni3470 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roni3470 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2021 at 5:26pm

I read one book a month for my book club.  January was Hillbilly Elegy and February was American Dirt.  I have never read the novels you are referencing but I appreciate the suggestions.  I don't do serious really well.  Enough of that in the real world.  Care to give my a synopsis?

NOW is the Season to Know

that Everything you Do

is Sacred
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2021 at 2:59pm

To further broaden your mind

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_the_City

Read the series......I have the complete collection resc them 30 years ago......

Again my mind was opened........

Aldo this book.....

A must for all red necks.

https://g.co/kgs/KuMZLS

Yes I do read ......do you.....

Take care all 😷😉

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2021 at 2:55pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Day_Road

This book and the authors other two books might be

Be interesting to you ......

Not about Australia ,

About Canadian first peoples......

Opened my eyes....

Take care all 😷😉

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2021 at 2:49pm

Believe it or not...

I do .....

But I'm not one eyed enough to only see one side of a discussion......

Were Australia native peoples here first?

And what right did we have to invaded their country..?

Because we had the fire power....

Be careful how you answer that......

Looking to our  north 

IE , China's growing threat.....

If you read books you will know the Chinese had paper and gunpowder ,when most of Europeans were living in caves.....!!!!!

The ancient Britians And many many other cultures had human sacrifice,

Islamic state tortured and murdered,threw people off high rise buildings....only a few years ago.....

WE in this day an age are not responsible for what happened back in the day...

All we can do is right the wrongs that  where done and would be totally unacceptable in this day and age....(to  some !!!!!!)

first and foremost we must acknowledge those wrongs......

not to do do is a Craven act.....

take care all 😷😉

Marcus Aurelius
Kilt5 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2021 at 2:23pm

Originally posted by Kilt5 Kilt5 wrote:

their

as in they killed and ate their own children

Aboriginal tribal wars, systematic infanticide, cannibalism of murdered children, a 2:1 ratio of men to women due to rape and murder. Here is the truth of life and death as an Aboriginal hunter gatherer.  https://quadrant.org.au/magazine/2020/

Do you read books?

Have a read - http://webdoc.sub.gwdg.de/ebook/p/2005/strehlow-research/journeyhorseshoebend.pdf

read pages 56 to 60 especially

ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2021 at 10:59am

"Part of reconciliation  is understanding  the grievances  of the oppressed ,

Understanding  what was done and trying to repair the damage....."

This!^  If this had happened a long time ago, there would have been no need for Black Lives Matter.  Among many other things...

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2021 at 2:16pm

And what were was the circumstances  that ,that occurred?

The "Civilized"  Nazis put 6 million people in Gas chambers!!!!!

Part of reconciliation  is understanding  the grievances  of the oppressed ,

Understanding  what was done and trying to repair the damage.....

We white folks did genocide  in Tasmania, there was a bounty for killing native people ,killed every last native on the island was that civilization or just a land grab.....?

Are you ok with that ?

After all were they God's children......what right did we have to force change on a society just because  they were different.......?

What right did we have ?

Non......

Just greed and better weapons to make the rich landowners richer wealthier and power.......

Do you know the reason why Australia  was settled by convicts ?

So the French  couldn't get a  foot hold.....

Marcus Aurelius
Kilt5 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2021 at 4:09am

their

as in they killed and ate their own children

Aboriginal tribal wars, systematic infanticide, cannibalism of murdered children, a 2:1 ratio of men to women due to rape and murder. Here is the truth of life and death as an Aboriginal hunter gatherer.  https://quadrant.org.au/magazine/2020/

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2021 at 10:07pm

it was there country.....

For 60,000 years.....

The British invaded it......

No going back from that fact.......

And  in bringing "civilization" 

They commited acts that could hardly be called  civilized......

Same happen when everywhere white man bought "civilization".......

Let's not forget they thought they were going right......

Unfortunately they weren't.......

We should try to make some recompense and accept  what was done to them then was wrong.......

And try and rectify it......

Marcus Aurelius
Kilt5 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2021 at 9:31pm

The Aborigines lived in the Stone Age and were violent and murderous - The British brought civilization 

The Aborigines even killed and ate their own children

https://archive.org/details/b29980112/mode/2up

The Real Australian Genocide — Aboriginal tribal wars, systematic infanticide, cannibalism of murdered children, a 2:1 ratio of men to women due to rape and murder. Here is the truth of life and death as an Aboriginal hunter gatherer.  https://quadrant.org.au/magazine/2020/10/life-and-death-in-pre-contact-aboriginal-australia/

cobber View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2021 at 5:55am

The British Monarchy made most of the money when establishing Australia. They established colonies and sold off land allotments. They made out like bandits. They did this in other locations around the world too.  

The British royal family still has this money. Aboriginal money...

The royal family doesn't declare its wealth. Anyone who is royal is exempt. 

They are a criminal enterprise

My family were forced onto boats and enslaved by the British Monarchy to develop their land.

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2021 at 2:49am

I am proud to be Australian ,(UK born)

proud of my fellow Australians protesting PEACEFULLY.....

Recognising  what colonization did to our native peoples.....

We still have a ways to go.....

But we are moving forward.....

Not backwards.......

Advanced Australia Fair........

https://youtu.be/RD0C36vRBhw

Marcus Aurelius
Dutch Josh View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2021 at 2:04am

[url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia#Prehistory[/url] or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia#Prehistory

Human habitation of the Australian continent is known to have begun at least 65,000 years ago,[45][46] with the migration of people by land bridges and short sea-crossings from what is now Southeast Asia.[47] The Madjedbebe rock shelter in Arnhem Land is recognised as the oldest site showing the presence of humans in Australia.[48] The oldest human remains found are the Lake Mungo remains, which have been dated to around 41,000 years ago.[49][50] These people were the ancestors of modern Indigenous Australians.[51] Aboriginal Australian culture is one of the oldest continual cultures on earth.[52]

At the time of first European contact, most Indigenous Australians were hunter-gatherers with complex economies and societies.[53][54] Recent archaeological finds suggest that a population of 750,000 could have been sustained.[55][56] Indigenous Australians have an oral culture with spiritual values based on reverence for the land and a belief in the Dreamtime.[57] The Torres Strait Islanders, ethnically Melanesian, obtained their livelihood from seasonal horticulture and the resources of their reefs and seas.[58] The northern coasts and waters of Australia were visited sporadically by Makassan fishermen from what is now Indonesia.[59]

DJ-Give native people back their part of history...history did not start with Europeans showing up...

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
~Albert Einstein
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2021 at 1:21am

My opinion:

If this day causes so much hurt to our first peoples then .....

Change the day when Queen Elizabeth pops off the mortal  coil,

Then we become a republic 

And we can then all celebrate

The new Republic of Australia  Day.....

As true Blue Australians.......

One and All......

Black ,White and all rainbow colours in between...

"you are we  are,

All Australians"

(from our national anthem)

take care all 😷😉....

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2021 at 1:06am

ABC News: Invasion Day rally sees thousands take to Melbourne streets, two men detained by police.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-26/australia-day-melbourne-invasion-day-protest-rally/13092528

Marcus Aurelius
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic