Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Vaccine reactions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vaccine reactions
    Posted: February 03 2021 at 12:19pm

I'd like to start a thread about adverse reactions to the vaccines. I'm noticing that platforms such as Twitter have changed their policies and are now policing their threads and removing anything that might discourage people from having the vaccine. Reports are disappearing soon after they're posted. Personally it's making me nervous. 

As I've posted on another thread, I've had a number of elderly relatives who've had the vaccine (both the Pfizer and Oxford Astra Zeneca ones) and had no adverse reactions at all besides a sore arm at the site of the injection. I do have 2 relatives overseas who are both in the very vulnerable category who will be having it this week and i'll report back on their experience, but yesterday I was talking to a friend who was telling me about a nurse she knew in the States who's been having seizures ever since she was vaccinated. 

So what have you heard? I'm not trying to scare anyone but the more the adverse reactions get covered up, the less likely I am to have the vaccine. I like transparency and to be treated like an adult and a blanket statement of "it's fine" doesn't do it for me. 

Perhaps we can share the good and the bad reactions that we have heard about.

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
AndyPOW View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyPOW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2021 at 12:47pm

So what are the odds that vaccine developers have even considered the epigenetic effects  (synthetic MRNA/Moderna, or chimpanzee mRNA/Pfizer and others) will have on humans?

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2019/07/hidden-layer-gene-control-influences-everything-cancer-memory

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3038581/

"Every thing looks great, until you think." Dr. Al Bartlett
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 6:40am

Hubby just had the Pfizer Biontech and has ALL the nasty side-effect symptoms.

He is still glad he got it. 

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 12:46pm

Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

Hubby just had the Pfizer Biontech and has ALL the nasty side-effect symptoms.

He is still glad he got it. 

So what side effects has he got? And are they starting to ease up?

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 1:49pm

My , Mom,aunties ,and an uncle had pfizer,

All over 85, all ok not even sore arm.....

Take care all 😷😉

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Tabitha111 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tabitha111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2021 at 4:55am

My 90 year old father (cancer survivor) and my 88 year old mother, along with my 61 year old disabled sister all received the Moderna jab yesterday and are doing fine today.

'A man who does not think and plan long ahead will find trouble right at his door.'
--Confucius

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabitha111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2021 at 6:22am

A little concerning. I def. don't want to scare anyone away from the vaccine and I will def. take it when I get the chance. They are working on a clinic here at my retirement community.  This was reported in our local paper yesterday. I am thinking she had an allergic reaction to the vaccine:

Gloucester resident dies within hours of receiving Pfizer vaccine (wtkr.com)

GLOUCESTER, Va. - "She could bellow from the bottom of her soul," said Lisa Jones.

58-year-old Gloucester resident Drene Keyes was a gifted singer, a mother and grandmother of six.

"She was such a loving and generous person," said Jones.

Unexpectedly, Lisa lost her mother on Saturday within a couple of hours after Keyes received the Pfizer vaccine in Warsaw.

"Right before she left, I was helping her put her shoes on," she said.

Keyes had diabetes, sleep apnea and was obese. Her job made her eligible for the first dose. So, on Saturday, Keyes got the Pfizer vaccine and spent 15 minutes in the mandatory observation period.

The coworker she was with said she was trying to get in the car and said, "Something is not right. Something's not right."

Doctors later on told Jones her mother couldn't breathe and started vomiting. They did administer an EpiPen, CPR and oxygen as well. (note from me: I read they gave her two EpiPen jabs, one in her thigh and one in her arm)

She was quickly rushed to VCU Tappahannock Hospital.

"They tried to remove fluid from her lungs. They called it 'flash pulmonary edema,' and doctors told me that it can be caused by anaphylaxis," said Jones. "The doctor told me that often during anaphylaxis, chemicals are released inside of a person's body and can cause this to happen."

Anaphylaxis is a severe adverse life-threatening allergy reaction that rarely occurs after vaccination.

According to the CDC, in the United States as of January 19 there were 45 cases of anaphylaxis with the Pfizer shot out of the several million given.

The risks were also spelled out on the paperwork Keyes received prior to her shot.

"My mom was wanting to protect herself, and it did not turn out that way," said Jones.

Jones believes more research needs to be done, especially for those with underlying health issues.

"Why are we allowing people with underlying conditions to be guinea pigs for a vaccine that is still in clinical trials and emergency use?" Jones questioned.

She is hoping this serves as a warning for people to see their doctors and be pre-screened prior to being vaccinated.

"The pain my family feels from this unexpected loss should not be repeated for others," said Jones.

An autopsy and toxicology tests are being performed on Keyes this week.

'A man who does not think and plan long ahead will find trouble right at his door.'
--Confucius

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabitha111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2021 at 7:28am

Good to know:

Side effect of COVID-19 vaccine mirrors breast cancer symptom, doctors say | WAVY.com

Doctors are reporting a side effect of the COVID-19 vaccine that mirrors a symptom of breast cancer.

“We have been seeing swollen lymph nodes for a couple weeks now,” said Dr. Holly Marshall, with University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center.

“It’s actually a normal response that the body has to the vaccine,” said Marshall. “It means that the body is making antibodies to fight the COVID-19 infection.”

Marshall said breast radiologists have encountered axillary adenopathy, also known as swollen lymph nodes, on screening mammograms of patients who have been vaccinated. It’s a side effect that could be mistaken for breast cancer.

Marshall said doctors made the discovery because the lymph nodes seen under the arm are included on a mammogram. Patients can also feel them.

Marshall said the swollen lymph nodes are on the same side as the placement of the vaccine.

“We also see swollen lymph nodes in patients with breast cancer, so that’s the concern there.  So we are asking everybody who is having a mammogram if they had the COVID-19 vaccine, what dose, when, and what side,” said Marshall.

Marshall said UH’s Radiology and Breast Cancer Imaging Department has received increased calls from women concerned over the signs.

According to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, over 11% of vaccine recipients experience swollen lymph nodes after one dose, and 16% do so after the second dose.

“Sometimes with other vaccines, occasionally we will see swollen lymph nodes, but it was a surprise how many we’ve been seeing,” said Marshall.

Marshall said patients are seeing swollen lymph nodes two to four days after the vaccine and they decrease in size after two to four weeks.  If they persist longer than that, Marshall said they need to

be evaluated.

“This really shows the importance of women getting an annual mammogram screening starting when they are 40 years old.  Do not delay,” said Marshall.

--Confucius

Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2021 at 10:28am

Fever, joint pain, arm pain and major digestive upset ( The digestive upset was quite odd, no diarrhoea but his tongue swelled where he had the cancer originally and his entire gut seemed to re-arrange itself - it has never been right since he had surgery for a ruptured AAA).  That lasted for 48 hours.  All over now and he feels 'as fit as a butcher's dog'.  The gut now seems to be the best it has been since the original surgery.

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2021 at 1:20pm

A cousin of mine who has lung fibrosis had the Pfizer jab. Had a sore arm, then the next day developed a severe headache that lasted a couple of days. Is now feeling fine.

WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2021 at 6:19pm

My mid-30's niece reports she got a sore arm she had trouble lifting.  Next day she was fine.  

KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2021 at 3:40pm

Usk has just posted this in another thread. 

I have some news of interest and I think this the best place for it. My cousin is a surgeon here in Virginia   He got  vaccinated in early Dec and 2nd shot end of Dec.  he started to feel unwell monday  he was diagnosed with Covid today!!!  He has mild respiratory issues enough to have him on home oxygen   We are all hoping he does not get worse   They sent out blood work to see what strain. He got Phizervaccine

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic