Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Biden Vaxx mandate blocked nationwide yet again.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Biden Vaxx mandate blocked nationwide yet again.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-I Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Biden Vaxx mandate blocked nationwide yet again.
    Posted: December 07 2021 at 2:41pm

Biden Vaxx Mandate for Federal Contractors Blocked Nationwide

Afederal judge on Tuesday issued a nationwide injunction against a vaccine mandate for federal contractors, ruling that President Joe Biden probably exceeded his authority by imposing the requirement.

Judge R. Stan Baker, who's based in Georgia, temporarily blocked implementation of the administration after a lawsuit from numerous states and a trade group argued that letting the mandate take effect on Jan. 4 would cause "irreparable injury" to workers who could be forced out of their jobs.

The judge wrote that allowing the rule to move forward "would force Plaintiffs to comply with the mandate, requiring them to make decisions which would significantly alter their ability to perform federal contract which is critical to their operations."

The court setback is the latest in a string of rulings hampering the administration's efforts to force more people to get vaccinated against the coronavirus.

Last week, two different judges temporarily blocked separate mandates requiring millions of workers to get vaccinated against Covid-19. A federal judge in Louisiana halted the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services from enforcing its mandate for health care workers, while a federal judge in Kentucky issued an order blocking the administration from enforcing the requirement for government contractors in three states.

In early November, a federal appeals court issued a stay freezing the administration's efforts to require workers at U.S. companies with at least 100 employees be vaccinated

The ruling by Baker, who was nominated to the court by President Donald Trump, found that the plaintiffs in his case are likely to prevail on their argument that Biden exceeded his authority with an executive order in September that set in motion the mandate.

The judge's order was based on the president's economic powers under the Procurement Act.

"While the Procurement Act explicitly and unquestionably bestows some authority upon the president, the Court is unconvinced, at this stage of litigation, that it authorized him to direct the type of actions" at issue in the case, Baker wrote. In its "practical application," the executive order "goes beyond the administration and management of procurement and contracting" and "operates as a regulation of public health."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/judge-issues-nationwide-injunction-against-bidens-vaccine-mandate-for-federal-contractors/ar-AARzOwH

"Facts don't care about your feelings" I'M A UNVAXXED DEVIL so kiss my rebel ass.
KiwiMum View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2021 at 3:47pm

Here in NZ the government mandated jabs for all hospitality workers (cafes, restaurants, pubs, hotels, take out food joints) and insisted that employers fire any non compliants by a set date (I think sometime around the 3rd Dec). So people duly acted. And then 2 days ago they about turned and said fast food workers didn't have to be vaccinated. 

This has really caused problems for some businesses. One person said that they had had to sack 2 unvaccinated workers who'd been with them for years, were honest and reliable and they were sad to see them go. And now they are trying to get them back and the whole mandate/firing from the their job fiasco has seriously damaged their relationship with them. 

I have no idea why the government back tracked on this.

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
A-I View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-I Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2021 at 7:49pm

Bidens federal contractor vaxx mandate has a 10th amendment violation issue

And Bidens OSHA vaxx mandate well it's not likely to survive the court challenge as it faces both statutory and constitutional issues relating to OSHA's covid ETS

"Facts don't care about your feelings" I'M A UNVAXXED DEVIL so kiss my rebel ass.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic