Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Uk cases highest yet!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Littlesmile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Uk cases highest yet!!
    Posted: December 15 2021 at 11:58am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-59657784

78,610 (4,671 omicron) cases!! The highest daily count to date... 165 deaths 

:-)
Littlesmile View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Littlesmile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2021 at 12:00pm
Pandemic View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pandemic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2021 at 12:21pm

Omicron up.to x 8 transmissible than Delta and doubling rate is reducing to almost two days. I can provide link if you would like it.

Location - Rural location in Hampshire, England
cn65 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cn65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2021 at 12:23pm

At some point the as the numbers go higher the numbers themselves will become meaningless as there simply will not be the daily continuing supplies of testing equipment available at this sort of rate to measure the infection level.

KiwiMum View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2021 at 12:28pm

Originally posted by cn65 cn65 wrote:

At some point the as the numbers go higher the numbers themselves will become meaningless as there simply will not be the daily continuing supplies of testing equipment available at this sort of rate to measure the infection level.

I think they are already having a shortage of testing kits in parts of the UK. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10312227/Grant-Shapps-blames-distribution-issues-lateral-flow-shortage.html

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Littlesmile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2021 at 2:41pm

Yes thanks Kiwimum, a shortage is happening. The start of many things probably. It's just taking off too fast now.

Pandemic a link would be great thanks :-)

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Littlesmile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2021 at 8:40am

Unfortunately another record breaking case count again for UK.. 88,376 cases..

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-uk-reports-another-88-376-infections-in-past-24-hours-and-146-more-virus-related-deaths-12497396

No words to express how worrying I feel seeing these numbers go up so high everyday. I wish things were different and I hope everyone will take care going into the Christmas period ❀ 

KiwiMum View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2021 at 11:47am
Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2021 at 1:30pm

We have to look past cases too , hospitalization and ICU patients,and of course the CFR.....

Only time will tell,

Interesting about omicron getting stuck at lungs,

H5N1 avianflu,is not tolerant to our body temperature,it would only take a slight change for H5N1 to become very bad for us,

Getting back to omicron,

Just a waiting game,

Is the last and final mutation of Covid19.....?????

Thats the interesting question......

Take care all πŸ˜·πŸ˜‰πŸ’‰

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.πŸ––

Marcus Aurelius
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Littlesmile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2021 at 3:38am

You are right Carbon. I think those numbers will take time to see a proper picture.

Interesting or worrying... The question will be answered in time :-) Hope for the best  prepare for the worst and have an Irish sense of humour. My motto..

*Irish sense of humour - making silly puns, light hearted jokes or turning not so good time into better.

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2021 at 5:03am

My best motto from the late great ,

Clive James,

"No-one gets out of this life alive"

Lmfao πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Just to  keep it into perspective......

And as an atheist,

I have nothing to look forward to....πŸ˜‚

Take care all πŸ˜·πŸ˜‰πŸ’‰

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.πŸ––

Marcus Aurelius
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Littlesmile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2021 at 2:41am

Lol well no one does indeed :-)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic